[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Welp, it seems like those shitty starters are legitimate. They

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

File: CuterThanPikachu.png (162KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
CuterThanPikachu.png
162KB, 400x400px
Welp, it seems like those shitty starters are legitimate.

They are literally the worst Pokemon designs, if that's the case.
>>
>>27480203
Agreed.
But thankfully, the rest of SM looks to be fantastic.
>>
I legitimately believe that they're the greatest starters we've ever had.
>>
>>27480203
The starters are great
The leaked fire one is complete garbage
>>
>>27480247
I think I'll just do a playthrough with one of the previous gen starters as my "starter".

I don't know what the fuck GF was thinking.
>>
>>27480271
>I am literally pretending to be stupid for imaginary contrarian points
Okay

Agreed, OP
>>
gen 4 was worse
>a monkey on fire
>a dinoraur with a tree
>I don't even fucking remember the third one
>>
>>27480309
>anyone who disagrees with me is a contrarian
>>
>>27480203
Agreed

>>27480300
Are you a girl or a faggot?
>>
>>27480203
legit garbage here's hoping the dual starter evolution thing is real because the fire one is irredeemable
grass is good, water is alright, fire is an abomination
>>
>>27480372
>agrees that the evolutions are shit
>but then bashes someone saying that one is indeed shit

what are you on
>>
>>27480271
I feel like they make good Pokemon individually. Like, if you told me any of these were 1 stage evolution Pokemon I could catch later, I'd think they were great.

But they seem very odd as starter designs.
>>
>>27480376
Agreed. Though honestly I'm not too mad, because Rowlet was always my favorite and Litten my least favorite. It does suck that Litten doesn't turn into something good though, I was hoping for that.
>>
File: pokemon_go__by_wlop-dac1bhe.jpg (173KB, 1128x708px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_go__by_wlop-dac1bhe.jpg
173KB, 1128x708px
I see people saying the starter evos confirmed: when/where/what?
>>
>>27480370
>stop not stopping to like what I don't stop liking to stop liking what stopped what I don't like not not liking
>>
File: image.jpg (94KB, 600x595px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94KB, 600x595px
>>27480203
I have no idea what they were thinking. They did the exact thing people were joking about them doing. How they thought litten being another bulky bipedal fire fighting was a good idea is beyond me. I'm hoping for the split evo or that it's a scrapped design but in truth I'm just BTFO
>>
>>27480480
I feel like ass because I always pick fire and litten was my favorite starter since gen 3
>>
>>27480601
It's not you getting btfo it's fucking stupid.

>have a cat that uses fur for special attacks
>sulphur pattern
>attitude of not giving a fuck like most cats

>suddenly turns into randy savage for no fucking reason and becomes bipedal for the 7th time in a row which marks 20 years of this stupid bipedal fire shit
>>
>>27480558
In short, a new character was spoiled today, and if you look closely at the Tony the Tiger's awful artwork you can see a girl figure sketched out who looks exactly like the new character. Plus, she's a cook and in the sketch she's boiling a kettle on Tonyfags cockfire belt

Bearing in mind that these "leaks" are weeks old, people are claiming that it means they're legit. It's possible that the leaker is a god-level troll who had inside information and hid this Easter egg just to fuck with people but, it's not plausible.

Lot of work just to mess with people.
>>
>>27480558
OP here,

To be clear, they aren't confirmed yet. However, a character was revealed that is in the background of the fire evo's concept art.

It would be quite a stretch if they aren't legitimate.
>>
>>27480618
I feel you anon, the same exact thing happened to me last gen. Always picked fire starter, Fennekin was my favorite and I loved it, then Delphox just ruined it for me. They can't all be winners I guess.
>>
>>27480247
>>27480203
I soo much wanted cool poke-cat..
Now I'm stil stuck with Espeon and Persian (which suck balls) :(
It was soo close..
>>
>>27480807
>Espeon sucks balls
Are you high or just one of those people who thinks Garchomp is well-designed?
>>
>>27480837
He means competitively(at least I hope)
>>
>>27480837
Garchomp is top tier design
>>
>>27480203
litten's evos would be good in the "just gets bigger" formula , the radical transformation annoys me
>>
They're shit!
SHIT!
>>
>>27480837
>one of those people who thinks Garchomp is well-designed?
What does this even have to do with his post?
Literally calm your fat mantits.
>>
>>27480203
I thought ballio and co were disproven?
>>
>>27480564
No one asked you to stop disliking them fagabond. He stated that he couldn't LIKE them without you getting into an autistic fit calling niggas contrarian.
>>
File: best girl.png (436KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
best girl.png
436KB, 640x480px
>>27480309
>they dont have the same opinion i do, theyre clearly wrong and pretending
>>
>>27480203
They look so much worse than the rest of the Alola designs that I'm betting they're from an early stage of development. They'll either have been cut entirely and replaced or tuned up significantly by now.
>>
>>27480837
Garchomp looks awesome. What are you talking about?
>>
>>27481221
I don't know, that seems to good to be true, but I can definitely see that they look of considerably lower quality than the Alolamons we currently have.
We'll just have to see, but I'm pretty sure this is what we're getting.
>>
I can't exactly pinpoint my level of interest in the Sun and Moon games. They look like they are going to be really good and enjoyable, and I'm sure that they are going to be decent entries to the series, but...

I personally have an issue with games that have a lot of gimmicks, or RPGs that establish a decent formula then try to forcefully reinvent that formula.

Positives
>More Pokemon and more moves.
>New abilities that add new strategies to "Casual competitive".
>More Pokemon forms. (I feel like they add some diversity to old Pokemon that we loved.)
>More Megas. (And just megas. These other "Not-Mega" forms are a bit silly.)
>Evolutions for older gens.

Negatives
>That these starter evos are real (Which it seems they are).
>The introduction of Z-Moves seems sort of silly and unnecessary.
>They might pull a Kalos Region again, and give us less than 100 new mons.
>They might pull a Unova Region again, and give us lazy legendary designs.
>The most recent reveal trailer seems to have a lot of non-combat focused "Challenges"
>All this dancing around, riding Pokemon, and chasing the Alola challenge takes away from the primary draw of why I play the games.

There's a good chance that we'll be getting another "Easy Mode" game, as opposed to a challenge focused game in which you actually have to build a competent team to get through the game.

You might feel differently, and I can respect that, but my favorite aspect of the Pokemon games in Pokemon battles, and all of the extra frills, bells, and whistles takes focus away from that.
>>
>>27481051
>>27481228
>>
>>27480417
Sorry I'm tired of all the shitposting. I get triggered by everything.

Fact ist, Balio is the best design.
>>
>>27480953
>>27481228
Garchomp is a shitty design. A just get bigger thing of Gabite. "Just add spikes"-tier. Absurdly overrated, all thanks to be competitively good.
>>
>>27480601
Given that it's looking likely to be fire/dark, it might be a parody of fire/fighting pokemon.
>>
>>27480203
>implying poppmaid is somehow worse than samurott
>>
>>27481295
hey G
>>
>>27481293
>More Megas. (And just megas. These other "Not-Mega" forms are a bit silly.)
>Evolutions for older gens.
When did we get either of these
>>
>>27480333
don't talk shit about piplup
>>
>>27482430
not that anon but
ORAS, even though it was from the same gen, added more mega evolutions.
And I remember a shit ton of gen 1 pokemon getting an evolution in gen 4.
So might be that he was speculative.
So far the current theme seems to be changing gen 1 pokemon so some older gen pokemon might even get an evolution.
>>
>>27481293
>still thinking they're going to have less than 100 pokemon
They have already revealed more pokemon for this gen than they did for the entirety of the gen 6 preview season, and we still have 3 and a half months left. And they're showing us more stuff on the 12th. And they'll probably show more stuff around the end of august.
They also never show ALL of the pokemon before the game comes out. Last time they showed like 40 out of 71 pokemon. That's almost half the total Pokemon. I feel like we can expect around 150 pokemon or more.
>>
>>27482506
Thanks to eviolite, they will never add a new evolution for an old pokemon in any game ever again.
>>
File: seasamurai.jpg (71KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
seasamurai.jpg
71KB, 540x405px
>>27482372
>Otter that acts like a samurai becomes an armored otter samurai
>Clown Seal performer becomes a siren seal that completely ditches the idea of the first stage.
Stay retarded.
>>
File: 1469759332468.jpg (139KB, 2048x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1469759332468.jpg
139KB, 2048x1024px
>>27480333
>he thinks Empoleon and Torterra are shit
Infernape is excrement, desu.
>>
>>27480203
I honestly think they're pretty well designed. This happens with every starter set too, people just feel super-entitled to their own preferences when it comes to the starters.
>>
>>27482341
well it certainly looks like a fire fighting, and even if it is a fire/dark type it's still a fire starter that becomes an anthropomorphic animal that fights/wrestles and uses fire
>>
>>27482768
they could always nerv the fuck out of it then.

Also, an evolution should be given to shitmons with horrible stats and no real usage. Or to make a hated pokemon feel new and fresh.
>>
Rubber Robo Gang pls go
>>
>>27482838
I for once had realy high hopes.
All I wanted was a cool cat starter, and it turned into a silver-age wrestler.
I do watch RAW and I am a big fan of Seth Rollins but this design just looks so uninspired and generic. They just took a tiger, made him bipedal, gaved him a championship belt and added fire.
the only original thing here is the fire and that isnt a huge change. It still looks so generic. Like the type of Superheroe one would come up with at the age of 7 or 8.
The utter dissapointment I felt is real.
I have 8 cats living in my mansion and I totaly love all of them, but this design isnt what I wanted
>>
This sucks cause I've always gone Water. Gens 3 and 5 made it tough to go with Water butt his time is real bad. I'll just reset for a fem Poplio and deal with it or go for a Litten desu.
>>
>>27482838
The thing that gets me is that these all pull a complete 180 on what the first forms looked like.
I seriously cant think of a starter before that's as opposite themed from first to last evolution as these.
The owl isnt as bad as the other two.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.