[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has the savior of ice type finally come?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: ninetales-alola-636x350.jpg (19KB, 636x350px) Image search: [Google]
ninetales-alola-636x350.jpg
19KB, 636x350px
Has the savior of ice type finally come?
>>
>>27475667
>Scizor used Bullet Punch
>>
>>27475695
>specific move in a specific pokemon makes the pokemon bad
KILL
YOURSELF
SMOGON
FAGGOT
>>
>>27475667
The Savior of Ice and the destroyer of Dragons
All bow before Alolan Ninetales
>>
>>27475667
>no good coverage
>tons of weaknesses
>shit ability
>stuck with Ninetales' average BST

same problem as every other Ice-type ever
>>
>>27475667
How it evolves?
>>
>>27475667
Not really.
It does have potential, though.

Ice/Fairy is a terrific offensive dual STAB and defensively, while subpar, is not completely useless thanks to its interesting set of resistances.

It might be a decently fast special sweeper, something that can really take advantage of that dual STAB, rather than another defensive ice types (looking at you, Sandslash).
>>
>>27475726
>Aron used Metal Claw!
>>
>>27475695
>ice ninetales has dazzling as a hidden ability and it can learn fire moves by breeding

scizor btfo
>>
>>27475772
>no good coverage
Ice and Fairy is a fantastic dual STAB, only resisted by Steel. Use HP Fire if you're really scared of Ferrothorn and Scizor.

>tons of weaknesses
Steel, Fire, Rock and Poison.
4 is the standard number of weaknesses and it's offset by its equal number of resistances (the 4x steel weakness is offset by the dragon immunity).

>shit ability
It might get a Hidden Ability so who knows.

>stuck with Ninetales' average BST
Yet it's very well-distributed for a special attacker, especially if its gets a SpA boost/swap.
>>
>>27475667
Immune:
>Dragon

Resist:
>Ice
>Bug
>Dark

Weakness:
>Fire
>Rock
>Poison
>Steel 4x

2x STAB on: Dragon, Flying, Grass, Ground, Dark, Fighting

1/2x STAB on: Fire, Steel

It doesn't seem that impressive to me. Really, I can't think of that many flying poison types (Crobat?) which fairy-types were concerned about before, which are now far better. And for an ice-type, it certainly doesn't cover the weaknesses common for the type.

Heck, Ice/Water gives you generally better anti-ice coverage.

Snowslash seems like a much more interesting candidate: a bunch of resistances, a very nice ice-type STAB for attacks, in exchange for just getting weaknesses that Steel already had.
>>
File: dies-to-removal.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
dies-to-removal.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>27475695
lol
>>
Vulpix and Ninetales have been favorites of mine since I was a kid. Love this news.

And that's me eating a big slice of humble pie because I always hated fan-made "variations." But I think these official ones are better designed than any retarded fan-made ones and the fact that the typing and abilities are different somehow makes it better in my eyes.
>>
>>27477566
It because they're literally Delta Species, and those were always fun.
>That Electric/Metal Charizard
Bueno.
>>
>>27475890
So, Ninetales gets Dazzling to fuck up the meta just like it got Drought during the weather wars.

I like it.
>>
>>27478616
But then it won't get Snow Warning bro. Obama isn't a good enough weather setter.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.