[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Z moves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: screenshot0004.jpg (287KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot0004.jpg
287KB, 1920x1080px
How will they change the meta?

Will Shitgon instantly ban them?

Also why "Z" moves? Does the mean that we're getting an XY continuation out of this?
>>
>>27472495
Fuck off faggot. You obviously don't understand the meta anyways so why would you want to talk about it?
>>
>use an entire item slot for one (1) move with one (1) use
Nigga this shit is just type gems on steroids, for 3v3 singles
>>
>>27472551
Oh they take item slots?

That changes things
>>
>>27472596
>>27472551
It isn't a hold item. You just have to find the gems around the game and then you can use that type I believe.

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/z-moves/
>>
>>27474513
>If a Pokémon holds the same variety of Z-Crystal, the two will be able to resonate with one another.
>>
>>27474513
It literally says it is a hold item. Same system as
Megas. Item on trainer, item on pokemon
>>
>>27474563
>>27474612
Oh well fuck me I'm retarded.
>>
File: gigavolt-havoc.png (216KB, 530x299px) Image search: [Google]
gigavolt-havoc.png
216KB, 530x299px
So basically, no Mega's using Z moves.

It doesn't say there's a limit to Z move users.

So you can have each pokemon on your team use a Z move as long as its the same type. A good offensive type for a team like dragon would absolutely dominate if thats the case.
>>
>>27474884
Is it really worth it though? You lose the ability to hold an item for one attack, unlike Megas where you got a stat boost, a broken ability, and sometimes a type change.
>>
>>27474612
This.

The system is useful primarily because, unlike megas, ANY mon can use them, as long as they can learn one offensive move of the type in question.

So, imagine a Pokemon that's completely countered by Dragon types; as long as it can ever learn ONE ice offensive move, even a shitty worthless one, it can pack the Ice ZC and have a one-time win-button limit break against that specific counter, while packing 4 other offensive or setup moves for coverage.

BUT, running that set means it can't Choice, Life Orb, AV, or Mega-Evolve, so it's a trade-off.

And, at least it seems this way (maybe not), since it has to resonate with the TRAINER's bracelet, that means that (unlike Megas) you can't pack 2 and pick which one to use situationally, unless they're both the same type. You as a trainer either load out with the Ice Z-brace or the Electric one, not both
>>
>>27474959

It is worth it if it hits through sub/protect. They have to be 200+BP otherwise to be worth the risk.
>>
>>27474979
What if you need to have STAB with the Z-move's type
>>
>>27474959
shit,
there goes the meta again
thanks for nothing fairies
>>
>>27474884
It says the move can only be used once per battle

>>27474979
I'm unclear; do they have to be ABLE to learn a move of that type, or KNOW a move of that type? Do status moves count? And is the offensive type physical or special (or does it vary)?
>>
>>27474884
>no Mega's using Z moves.
Fug says hello.
>>
>>27475033
It needs to be top priority, like mega evolving (faster than prankster quick guard, and fake out, faster than protect, etc)
And ignore type immunities, and ignore absorb abilities.

And then it's still not as good as a mega pokemon, because it's one kill.
>>
>>27475218
>And then it's still not as good as a mega pokemon
But that only applies for the mons which HAVE megas.

There's no Mega Avalugg for instance... but it learns Iron Defense, meaning it can pack a super-powerful Steel Type offensive move that protects it from STAB SE Rock offenses.

I mean, that doesn't save Avalugg from uselessness... But it probably saves a lot of RU mons from obscurity because it means a wider type diversity in shit-moves provides a new offensive angle. Mons ruined by lackluster coverage movepools gain something from this.
>>
File: Simisage.full.1283256.jpg (458KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Simisage.full.1283256.jpg
458KB, 1024x768px
Will there be physical/special versions of each?

Or will it just go off your highest stat? I kinda hope there's two versions. I don't want my bro to have to use "bloom doom"
>>
Here's my question. Do you fine negroes think that certain Pokemon will get unique Z-Moves of their own? I could definitely see Lucario, Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Arceus, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Genesect, and Volcanion getting their own unique animations. For instance, Lucario getting some sort of Aura Beam when it uses a Fighting Z-Move, or Volcanion blasting a mountain apart during its Water Z-Move.
>>
Megas who only got higher attack stats instead of a new ability/typing will be abandoned forever now that these exist. 1/battle may seem harsh but that's about the number of times a super alpha strike move would be needed.
>>
>>27472495

What if only unevolved Pokemon can get it? Only unevolved have used it so far.
Might be to balance out Megas that can only be acquired by fully evolved
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.