[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Z-moves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: Roundabout.jpg.png (168KB, 1012x584px) Image search: [Google]
Roundabout.jpg.png
168KB, 1012x584px
So what's your thoughts about Z-moves?
>>
Day 1 smogon ban
>>
File: 1469039246185.jpg (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1469039246185.jpg
17KB, 300x300px
I want to see a new record for highest damage, something to surpass that whole Shuckle thing.
>>
>>27469698
>>
This must be the work of a stand!
>>
>Super Power 1 Time Move
Boooooor-innnnnng

And lazy too. It's just Hyper Beam. It's that dumb shit Nintendo has been pushing lately by giving the player a super OP but limited use item. Like

>Super Giant Mushrooms in Mario
>Hyper Nova/Super Abilities in Kirby
>Mega Evolution in Pokemon
This is just an even lazier implementation of the idea. At least Mega Evolution were something.
>>
>>27469698
>>27469728
Lol no. You lose your item for a one time super attack, absolutely not worth.
>>
File: jjj.png (374KB, 646x401px) Image search: [Google]
jjj.png
374KB, 646x401px
I just noticed that pikachu's electric type z-move hit a Sandshrew
>>
Only one move for each type is a terrible idea and the ones that are there all look the same. Not a bad idea in theory, but the implementation looks terrible.
>>
>>27469837
An ice/steel sandshrew
>>
>>27469647
I'm curious how it will work with dual types
>>
>>27469794
I don't think there's a recharge turn
>>
fck
>>
>>27470056
It's based on what moves the Pokemon knows.
A Mewtwo with Dark Pulse could use the Dark Z-Move.

Which I think is a clever way of avoiding the issues that could arise with having a fifth move slot. Think of it like a one-time boost to one of the moves you already have.
>>
File: Gyrados.jpg (158KB, 463x789px) Image search: [Google]
Gyrados.jpg
158KB, 463x789px
>>27469647

Someone needs to redraw this with Litten, Rowlet and Inferno Overdrive

>>27469698
People literally said the same about Megas
>>
>>27470056
Depends on what Z Crystal the pokemon holds I presume.
>>
>>27470241
And some Megas have been banned. Your point?
>>
>>27469647
I just hope the Kahunas and others use them against you. Looks like Hala has a Z-Bracelet so thats promising. Anything to ramp up the difficulty a bit.
>>
>>27469647
Depends how strong it is.
If 250 base power (a la Explosion) move that ignores stat
changes and Protect
-> Rip stall -> Smogon ban
>>
>>27469647
If they obey priority then Smogonbird just became absurbdly broken.
>>
>>27469709
>Power-trick'd Shuckle passed his 5th turn of rollout
>Two helping hands
>Trainer pops Z power.
>"Shuckle used "Rocks Fall"
>Sky opens up.
>Meteors from beyond the stars pour in.
>Hits the Volbeat
>Life bar zips down so fast that the game crashes.
>"Communication with the enemy trainer has been lost".
>>
>>27469647
How will it play out in VGC?
>>
does it take up a move slot though
>>
>>27469647
Better than Megas.
>>
so they're all special moves and no physical?
>>
>>27469647
Seems like they found the biggest autist on deviantart and have him 5 pixie sticks, then asked him to create a new feature.
>>
>>27470456
Its for the 5th move slot
>>
>>27470456
In a sense. You need a move of the same type to be able to use that particular Z-Move, you need the Pokemon to be holding the right Z-Crystal, and you need that same Z-Crystal in your Z-Ring.
>>
>>27469647
Either they make the games way harder or they just got pathetically easy
>>
>>27469647
Awesome, I like those overpower Dragonball style moves. Hopefully they can be used with megas, if that even is a thing.
>>
>>27469815
It really depends however. Imagine a strong Fire-type move on a Pokémon that can only learn Sunny Day (as a Grass-type) but could be countered by grass Pokémon. Now not anymore.
>>
>>27472226
You can't do it on the same Pokémon since both mega and z-moves require an Item to be held.
>>
They seem like they're limit breaks to borrow a term. I'm sure they'll be banned on Smogon but otherwise a welcome new addition to the franchise.
>>
>>27470632

source: your ass?
>>
>>27472856
Mega Rayquaza ;)
>>
The only reason I can see them wanting to add a stronger move is if the game was more difficult.
Given that gamefreak has said that they wouldn't ever do that, we have to assume they added this feature simply to make a terribly easy game even easier.
>>
>>27470297
Not all of them were banned instantly you fucking retard
>>
>>27473967
Why are you playing a Pokemon game expecting and hoping for difficulty?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.