[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /vp/, what do you guys think the odds are of having Pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: FOLLOW ME.png (253KB, 501x332px) Image search: [Google]
FOLLOW ME.png
253KB, 501x332px
So /vp/, what do you guys think the odds are of having Pokemon following us in future gens again?
>>
>>27459049
Chances get slimmer and slimmer each new gen.

To make an individual walking animation for over 700 monsters is too much to ask.
>>
>>27459049
In any future gen? Pretty good. But almost 100% not happening in SM, and probably not in whatever gen 8 is. After that? Maybe.

I like Pokémon being ABLE to follow you, but it bothered me the first time I played SoulSilver that I couldn't choose to put my Pokémon back in the ball. It just seemed strange to me.
>>
>>27459049
Sadly slim, at least for the next few releases. Perhaps better platforms will let it see a return.
>>
>>27459049
With realistic sprites for humans now and with over 800 Pokemon that most likely will happen in this gen - no more Pokemon following you ever
>>
>>27459065
They did it in PSMD fambam
>>
Amie>Walking Pokemon
>>
>>27459105
PSMD isnt GF game plus now humans arent chibis anymore
>>
>>27459114
when I was younger I wanted to be able to camp with my Pokémon like they did in the show. I decided you would be able to do it on routes at night and it would heal your Pokémon like a Pokémon Center, and a little cutscene would play.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160614-212835.png (866KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160614-212835.png
866KB, 1280x720px
>>27459049
I actually think its happening this gen. I tried to explain why on /vp but literally no one understood my reasoning as simple as it was. Here is hau with litten out as you walk up to him. Im not going to explain why this is abnormal.
>>
It'll eventually be incredibly easy to implement because of models.

They already got rid of the chibi stuff so pretty soon they'll be able to just straight up the battle models in the overworld.
>>
>>27459049
it was such a trivial and easy to implement feature, no idea why they got rid of it in gen 5 depite reusing sprites from the following feature for hidden grottos and NPCs. could've just made sprites for the unova pokemon and then reused everything else.
>>
>>27459074
>>27459198
This t b h, they'll eventually have nothing else to add other than features like walking, plus with their advances with the animations in future gens I'm sure they'll put it in again, but maybe in 2 generations after this one.
>>
>>27459143
nice blog tripfag
>>
>>27459178
You need to explain it since that has been in every single main game.

Pokemon in the overworld =/= following pokemon.
>>
>>27459178
Pokemon in the overworld exist in every gen
>>
>>27459198
Thats exactly why they wont do pokemon walking. The Pokemon models would have to be realistic aswell and that would fuck everything up
>>
>>27459269
The only time that a starter has been out of its ball was when a game had those features. Apart from games with the features a starter has never been out in the over world. I understand we have reg pokes out in every gen. But never a starter , a starter taken from the batch of starter picks in the begging at that. In the SM footage shown at E3 as you walk up to hau his starter is out. Its not even a cut scence.
Secondly all pokemon have some sense of scaling to the trainer seeing as how theyre in the background in battles, wether accurate or innacurate. So this means somehow wailmer would work.
>>
>>27459309
if the human models work in and out of battle so can the pokemon battles. But it won't happen in SM. Maybe next gen.
>>
>>27459301
But this is a starter, a starter is never ever in the overworld in any of the games except for the ones that allow that feature. Cutscenes dont count.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.