[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game sucks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8

File: images (30).jpg (33KB, 509x289px) Image search: [Google]
images (30).jpg
33KB, 509x289px
Hear me out /vp/haggots. This game is so fucking flawed.

>pick chikorita
>FORCED to pick up boring ass geodude to beat first flying type gym
>FORCED to keep rolling with the geodude or pick up an equally shitty bird mon to deal with bug gym
>FORCED to pick up vanilla-ass Machop to beat Whitney's miltank
>no good water types (politoed isnt an option since nintendo wifi is kill)
>no good fire types (vulpix is a fucking joke)

Is that all there is to it? I see no interesting mons anywhere. Fuck you /vp/ for making me drop 70$ on this bitch. You said this was the pinnacle of pokemon.
>>
>>27458319
>pick chikorita
There's your first problem right there anon.
>>
Just buy a fucking flashcart and play Storm Silver.

It's not the pinnacle of pokemon either. Thats BW2. Its the only game in the entire series with a passable selection of pokemon regardless of what starter you pick.
>>
>>27458350
This. Say what you want about Gen 5 designs, at least they're all usable in some form.
>>
>>27458319
>Can't beat Falkner with solo Chikorita
>Pidgeot a shitmon
>Can't beat Whitney with a Bayleef and a Pidgeotto
>Not emulating pre 3ds games and fixing trade evos
>No good x-types in Gen 2

MORON
O
R
O
N
>>
File: 51948191_p0.jpg (411KB, 2788x2168px) Image search: [Google]
51948191_p0.jpg
411KB, 2788x2168px
>not catching a Marill to use Azumarill, the bestest water type
>>
File: 1427687944634.png (352KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1427687944634.png
352KB, 512x384px
>>27458319
>pick chikorita
>FORCED to pick up boring ass geodude to beat first flying type gym
Top kek. Get fucking gud. GOnormies disgust yet amuse me.
>>
>>27458319
>literally every issue stems from having picked chikorita
its your own fault
>>
>>27458319
I never had these problems when I started with chickorita
>>
>>27458384
BW obviously had the whole "all new pokemon" gimmick, which was fantastic for its time. But its kind of worn off.

BW2 feels like the only game where they actually thought about the selection of pokemon from the beginning of the game till the end. XY kind of did this, but they fucked it up with the horrible level scaling and pacing of the game.
>>
why is chikorita so bad bros
>>
use the geodude for whitney you mong
>>
>is bad at the game
>THIS GAME IS FLAWED REEEEEE

Kindly show yourself out.
>>
>>27458319
Wooper. Also Marill at the Safari Zone. Also Lapras in Union Cave.
>>
Seriously, why does anyone need to even use a geodude or a machop? I never had any problems in that whole game.
>>
Choosing your starter is a test and you failed by picking chikorita
>>
>Don't Pick Chikorita then. It's the worst of the 3 anyway.
> Not really. Unless your so shit at the game you can't get by on neutral hits and NEED super effective ones.
>Same Deal with the previous one, or just grind up Togepis happiness, then you've got a Togetic , then later a Togekiss.
>Feraligatr,Quagsire,Starmie,Lapras,Gyarados etc.
>Typhlosion,Magmar, Vulpix(which is FINE),Entei,Ponyta
>>
>>27458319
Well i agree at least about one thing: the Pokemon selection is one of the worst in the entire franchise (second to only DP but Platinum fixed it). It completely falls flat at what its supposed to be. You have tons of Kanto mons and the new ones are shafted in a big way
>>
>>27458645
Not being able to get Murkrow is so shitty god damn
>>
>>27458688
Safari Zone
>>
>>27458319
>Gets a geodude
>STILL can't beat Whitney
The game isn't the problem, Anon.
>>
>>27458319
>Forced
You can easily win with your favourites, dumbass. You don't HAVE to use type advantages.
>>
You're not forced to do shit for dick, and you don't even have to git gud, either, Gen 2 was piss easy and the remakes moreso.
>>
File: b3b.gif (373KB, 500x346px) Image search: [Google]
b3b.gif
373KB, 500x346px
>>27458319

>he picked chikorita
>>
>>27458319
You get an Onix in Violet by trade, dip. Which you can also use for Bugsy and Whiney.

Complaining about a Pokemon game being difficult is pretty fucking dumb, famm.
>>
>>27458319
>>FORCED to pick up boring ass geodude to beat first flying type gym

>not trading for onix
>not catching mareep
you don't have to have type advantage. as long as you are not disadvantaged, other pokemons will also do. like other birds pokemon, ragional rodent (later hm slave), even fucking mareep (go down from the city into patch off grass)

6/10 made me reply.
>>
>>27458319
>FORCED geodude
Onix and Mareep are worthless?
>FORCED to stay with geodude
Onix still exists and even then type advantage over bugsy doesn't mean much other than an easier fight with Scyther
>FORCED machop
You can get a heracross in fucking Azalea Town, it's takes a while but it's by no means difficult.
>Fire typing
What do you need that for, you got Heracross right? Ice and Steel are easily dealt with.

You fucked up when you chose the known shitmon as your starter.
>>
Lrn 2 pirate
>>
Restart and go with Cyndaquil or Totodile. Get a Gasty, Bellsprout and Heracross (Azalea Town with headbutt)

Heracross
https://www.youtube com/watch?v=lieaOII_9jE
>>
>>27459877

Better yet, go with Exeggutor. Has a way better moveset than Meganium.

Energy Ball
Sludge Bomb
Psychic
-
>>
File: 14104809272229.jpg (156KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
14104809272229.jpg
156KB, 1280x718px
OP is too stupid to use Chikorita right. Of course you're going to struggle if you try to use the braindead meathod of spamming your STAB move.
>Falkner is weak as hell so you need no help
>Reflect shuts down Bugsy
>Reflect+Poison Powder to make Whitney a joke
You should've stuck to your easy mode fire type starter if you're gonna complain about being forced to do things.
The Pokemon selection is good once you have access to Headbutt. I got Aipom and Heracross before I even reached Goldenrod.
>>
>>27458502
>BW obviously had the whole "all new pokemon" gimmick, which was fantastic for its time. But its kind of worn off.
You're the same retard from the other thread aren't you.
>>
>>27458319
OP is a faggot, hear him roar.

Sageing this absolutely fucking shit thread.
>>
HGSS ARE the pinnacle games of Pokemon, just wait until you set foot in Kanto! 2 regions in 1 game!
>>
>picking chikorita
>paying 70$ for SS

I got one from Craigslist for 20$ the week before Go released (the infared works so it's legit)

Just kill yourself lol.
>>
>>27458319
>FORCED
What? I used only Chikorita/Bayleef until after the third gym in a recent playthrough because all the team members I wanted were later.
You probably just suck.
Also
>any Pokémon
>being bad in-game
Wooper and Vulpix are fine. And if you did your research, you'd know you could get Slugma/Marill eggs in Violet City.
>>
>>27460031
Two half regions is still one region, anon. Gamefreak just tricked you by playing the credits in the middle of the game.
>>
>>27458319
Here's what you should do, OP:
git
gud
>>
Yeah picking the fu king grass starter in gen2 is fucking stupid
>>
File: 1469848671640.jpg (29KB, 510x510px) Image search: [Google]
1469848671640.jpg
29KB, 510x510px
>>27460201
>fu king
>>
>>27460244
He forgot the 'c'.
>>
>>27460244
Yeah that letter between the u & k does not work.
>>
If you can't beat HGSS Falkner with a Chikorita and whatever your other Mon is, just quit. Not being edgy here, I genuinely mean it, the series might not be for you. This is coming from someone who had an underlevelled team in XY by the league, WITH EXP on. Never had an issue with the campaign though, and using gift mon from NPCs has always been super easy mode. Git gud.
>>
>FORCED
Nice meme. Git gud. Even I managed to beat Falkner with Chikorita, Hoothoot and... Butterfree, I think.
>>
>>27458319
>he did beat Falkner with his own flying type
>he didn't beat Bugsy with a heracross
>he didn't beat Whitney with normal mon
>no good water mons in a game filled with water mons
>vulpix is a joke he says
(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)
Take these (You)s and leave us be.
>>
the funny thing is the chikorita line is actually much less terrible in hg/ss then in the original gen 2 games

originally they got razor leaf at level 8 and then no other grass attacks until solar beam at like 60
>>
>Pick Chikorita

stopped reading there.
>>
>>27459931
>-

top fucking master league kek
>>
>>27458319
>monotyping SS
>choose Bug for some reason
>beat Falkner with nothing but a fucking Weedle
Yeah, you don't need to pick up Geodude.
>>
>>27458503
The first and second gym both counter Chikoritas typing. And by the third gym Chikorita won't be a high enough level to keep up with the team.
>>
>>27460467
>>The first and second gym both counter Chikoritas typing
True, that's why it's hard mode.
>>And by the third gym Chikorita won't be a high enough level to keep up with the team
What? You've either never used Chikorita or you've forgotten there's a cave full of rock types for Chiko to fight.
>>
>>27458319
>forced to pick up Machop
what is Heracross?
>>
>>27460113
Admittedly its kind of crappy that it's so hard to get evolutionary stones. Besides, Slugma evolves at a ridiculous level (38) - by that time you're almost at the Elite 4. A Pokémon with base 40 in every stat except SpA isn't exactly going to carry you until then.

Slugma should've evolved at 28 or 30, really. Magcargo isn't good enough to warrant such a late evolution.
>>
>>27458604
>Not using Geodude
>Not evolving Geodude for Based Graveler
Get Good
>>
>>27458319
70$
>>
>>27458319
>>FORCED to pick up boring ass geodude to beat first flying type gym
Nigga? I beat Falkner's ass with chico alone. Git gud
>>
>>27458430
>azumarill b4 gen 6
Are you serious?
>>
>>27458319
I don't think anyone told you soul silver was good anon.
The original silver was good, sorta.
>>
>>27460458
Explain
>>
What's a good moveset for Typhlosion? It only gets fucking fire moves and swift. In GS i could get Thunderpunch, but gf decided to fuck up
>>
chikorita is bae in gen 2 fuck you OP.

>Synthesis lv 12
>Reflect lv 17
>Razor leaf lv 6

Its literally OP by the time you're at azalea if you fucking train it right u mong
>>
>>27460875
At least it's not as crap as Delphox' learnset.

You could try Sunny Day/Solarbeam, it's decent on a Fire type in-game. You can also try some physical moves like Rock Slide, its attack stat isn't that bad. I don't recall what TMs you get before the E4 though.
>>
Could just git gud.

Don't have to get any of those Pokemon to beat the early gyms.
Only Falkner was ever hard if you picked Chikorita. Even then, geodude not required.
>>
>>27458319
You aren't forced to do anything lad.

If you can't beat a standard Pokemon game with pretty much anything available in game then maybe you're just a shit player. Of course the early route mons are going to be ass but there's plenty of good water types and Heracross is also an option for Whitney.
>>
>>27458319
>challenge run
>forced to pick chikorita
>need to solo Falkner without evolving first
>no offensive moves
>STILL win

>Forced to solo Bugsy with Ledyba with Comet Punch and Supersonic
>Forced to steamroll over Whitney with Mareep
>none of this was overleveled

You're not forced to do ANYTHING.
You just need to stop being shit at the game.
If you need Politoed, maybe you can get some friends. In real life. those exist, you know.
Magmar is a good Fire-type. With friends, it can even evolve further at some point.
>>
File: Quite.png (284KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Quite.png
284KB, 800x800px
>>27458319
>not picking brotodile
theres your problem
>>
>>27461517
No, his problem was that he didn't pick cyndaquil
It's ok though, that's a mistake many people make.
>>
>70 dollars
did you buy it new? I can get this shit for 20 at my Gamestop.
>>
>>27458350
>tfw a pre-owned version of BW2 will cost me more than Sun/Moon
Suffering. I'd emulate it if I could find a rom that worked.
>>
File: 1469795901723.jpg (43KB, 632x469px) Image search: [Google]
1469795901723.jpg
43KB, 632x469px
>>27458319
git gud scrub
>>
Where are good places to grind in HGSS before 16 badges that doesn't include the E4?

why do pokemon in HGSS give off such a low exp yield?
>>
>>27458639

I wouldn't exactly call Ponyta good as if you're not using a Pokewalker, the earliest you can get it it just directly before Victory Road and it's best move requires it to suicide itself (and if you're using the Pokewalker, why use Ponyta?)
>>
wow op u sure trolled me good i r8 it 8
>>
>>27460875

It's attack stat aint bad so you could teach it things like EQ, Brick Break, etc.

In terms of special attacks, all you got is Focus Miss.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.