[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>90% of competitive movesets require an adamant nature

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: fish1.jpg (11KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
fish1.jpg
11KB, 480x480px
>90% of competitive movesets require an adamant nature
>>
Literally, figuratively and objectively false.
>>
>>27458202
More like a mix between adamant/jolly/modest/timid
>>
>>27458238
>not using the ever so rare but underestimated sassy
>>
>>27458202
i dont mind the nature i just want a proud of its power lucario
>>
>>27458270
Sassy is actually used on things like avalugg.
>>
>>27458202

Base 100 speed and below, it's fine to run Adamant/Modest

Any higher than base 100, and you need Jolly/Timid
>>
any nature that's not neutral or +defense -another defense are useful somewhere
>>
>>27458381
-defence natures in general are shit. Only time I can think of that being beneficial is on a mixed sweeper that needs speed.
>>
>>27458232
Nah, OP is right.
>>
>Gen 7
>Natures now give +10%, +5%, -5%, and -10% to a stat

How does this change the meta?
>>
File: fish 2.jpg (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
fish 2.jpg
4KB, 225x225px
>dragonair with an eviolite has more def and sp. def than dragonite
>>
>>27458735
>but less in every other stat and no item slot

what is the problem here?
>>
>>27458735
Are you forgetting about Mystic Scale or whatever it's called?
>>
>>27458719

Pretty much the same, except speedymons will have a little more powerful attack power while strongmons get a little faster. Everyone will just dump the -5% stat into whichever defense stat they think is less necessary or whichever one was complete shit to begin with.
>>
>>27458826
Multiscale you cuck
>>
>>27458322

Except Talonflame. At that speed tier it runs Adamant and outspeeds base 110's. Sure there are a few faster things you'd like the option of hitting with non priority Fire STAB (Raikou, Thundurus), but it gets the job done for the most part and hits like a goddamn truck alongside Sharp Beak/Band.
>>
>>27458202
You what?
Mixed sweepers always run -defenses.
Some sweepers need +speed more than the damage boost.
Trick room mons run -speed.
And sometimes you'll run a mixed wall with -either attack, if not speed

Aside from the neutral natures, they all have uses.
>>
>>27459488
Neutral nature is useful on certain Yveltal sets since it wants every stat
>>
>>27459499
Not really
You're almost always better off running speed+ or and then taking a hit to either defense
I can't think of anything that would actually prefer neutral
>>
>>27458296
But Impish Lucario has better stats.
>>
All use jolly
>>
>>27458735
This is true for almost every second-stage Pokémon compared to their evolved form.
>>
>>27459472

I actually run a Talonflame with absolutely no investment in speed and it works surprisingly well, the extra bulk gives it much more staying power than usual and most of what you need to hit with Flare Blitz is fairly slow anyway.

Also yeah, OP doesn't know shit.
>>
Porygon 2 eviolite > Porygon Z +leftovers/normal gem
>>
File: 1469371565935.jpg (407KB, 869x873px) Image search: [Google]
1469371565935.jpg
407KB, 869x873px
>>27458202
Those who are gentle and lax have no place in this world
>>
>Special: Timid, Modest
>Physical: Jolly, Adamant
>Mixed attacker: Naive, Hasty
>Defensive: Impish, Careful, Calm, Bold
>Trick Room: Brave, Relaxed, Quiet, Sassy

That about sums up all the useful natures I think.
>>
>>27461562
Is there any pokemon that benefits from a neutral nature?
>>
>>27462550
It would have to be a mixed attacker who's fast and has just enough defenses to where they would be at a huge advantage in their meta if either stat dropped by 10%.

Given that unlikely scenario ever existing, it's there will always be one stat you don't need as much as the other 4.
>>
>>27462589
Semi-unrelated question, why are some EV spreads:
252 atk, 252 spd, 4 sp.def
why not:
252 atk, 252 spd, 4 hp

I thought 4 hp EVs were equivalent to 4 sp.def and 4 def EVs?
>>
>>27462669
I believe it's to keep the HP at a number that gives it the most amount of Stealth Rock switch ins.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.