[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your first non-scripted shiny

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 16

File: hqdefault.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
I woke up for school one morning, decided to play a little Emerald before getting ready, and while grinding I found a blue trapinch
>>
a Goldeen in Crystal
I accidentally defeated it
>>
File: Shiny-Giratina.png (142KB, 823x700px) Image search: [Google]
Shiny-Giratina.png
142KB, 823x700px
Only had to soft reset for 90 minutes in Pearl. I was getting sick of SRing and resolved the last one to be my last go at it and nailed it. Shame I lost track of it.
>>
File: 1468771805841.gif (371KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1468771805841.gif
371KB, 500x375px
>>27457330
>tfw played every gen of pokemon since 1998
>tfw never seen a shiny in my life
>not one
>>
Not even mad because I fucking love Golbat.
>>
File: shinyzubat.png (101KB, 647x600px)
shinyzubat.png
101KB, 647x600px
>>27458641
Whoops
>>
my one and only shiny
>it looks basically the same

Still used it that entire run
>>
>>27457330
Shiny Nidoran in the safari zone in leafgreen. I've been super lucky, encountered about 20 shinies so far. I killed one (Gastrodn East) and deleted the file with my original Nidoran. But then I caught 2 more shiny nidoran.
>>
File: pawn.png (188KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pawn.png
188KB, 500x500px
Caught it in B2 and traded it all the way to AS.
>>
Doduo, I eventually evolved him into dodrio, the green and pink looks nice together.
>>
Raticate in GS. I spent so long trying to explain what had happened to my alzheimer's-riddled grandfather that my GBC died.

The first shiny I ever actively hunted for was Clauncher in XY. Other than that, I've run into several over two decades of playing, and lost some (fuck you My Pokemon Ranch)
>>
>>27457330
Crystal version trying to catch a Corsola and the first one I find was a shiny. The only other time I caught a shiny was in x and y when I found a male Espurr. I didn't even realize it was shiny until I almost traded it to a friend to get a Mudkip.
>>
>>27457330
Shiny Zigzagoon in Emerald. Ended up starting a new game without porting it, but it's alright because i have like 5 of them now
>>
>>27457330
Shiny Whismur in Emerald, I was in middle school, chilling with my friends. I freaked out because I had recently started to like the Exploud line a lot, and this was also my first legit shiny.

I deleted it in a purge a few years ago because I wanted to get out of Pokémon. I lost a whole lot from that and I'm still obsessed. Oh well.
>>
File: 1469916157196.jpg (26KB, 450x470px)
1469916157196.jpg
26KB, 450x470px
Magcargo in HGSS (i think) and more recently a garbador (kill me)
>>
File: file.png (1KB, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1KB, 64x64px
Found this guy in my first sapphire play through
>>
>>27459316
my second shiny was a raltz in a b/w nuzlocke on an emulator with the random encounter code on.
>>
didn't actually find my first shiny until gen 5, and it was a shiny deerling via random encounter. (spring forme, not really the best but oh well. it's a sawsbuck now)

since then I have amassed boxes upon boxes of shinies thanks to gen 6 making shiny hunting piss easy with friend safari and fish chaining.
>>
File: file.png (4KB, 96x96px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
4KB, 96x96px
>>
Mine was the first Binacle I happened to find under the first rock I smashed in Y.
>>
File: klojp.png (44KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
klojp.png
44KB, 250x250px
Humorously I encountered it WHILE trying to hatch masuda eggs on charizard bridge in black 1 on the random flying spot for EV feathers.
>>
File: shiny ziggy.png (42KB, 260x240px) Image search: [Google]
shiny ziggy.png
42KB, 260x240px
>>27457330
This fucker in Sapphire, probably a bit before Wattson. Little shit had pokerus too.
>>
Shiny Swablu. That thing looks awesome! I got it in Pokemon emerald and I didnt know anything about shinies then. I was scared to evolve it to Altaria because I thought it would lose the golden colour
>>
File: Spr_2g_161_s.png (846B, 56x56px)
Spr_2g_161_s.png
846B, 56x56px
10 year me didn't know why it had that shine and freaked out when it evolved into a pink Furret.
Got it before the red Gyarados,
>>
Torchic starter in sapphire
>>
Lillipup early in my White 2 version and a Klink later on in chargestone cave.

A dwebble while randomly rock smashing near cyllage in y.

A linoone late game in omega ruby.

These were all before completing the dex and receiving the shiny charm in each game.
>>
File: 1457962977003.png (1KB, 96x96px)
1457962977003.png
1KB, 96x96px
In Diamond.
>>
File: IMG_1202.png (506KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1202.png
506KB, 1136x640px
I still havent found a random one in the wild but I guess this will do.
>>
I found 5 shinies without chaining throughout my 12 years of playing

>crystal: Shiny sentret
>Ruby: Shiny Rayquaza
>Diamond: Shiny budew
>Black 2: Shiny golett
>Alpha Sapphire: Shiny ralts
>>
>>27458579
spend 20 minutes in the friend safari my dude, they're common as dirt there.
>>
Gulpin in Y
That was the first time I tried shiny hunting. Never got a shiny per random encounter though but finding that shiny Gulpin really made me interested in shiny hunting. So far I already got 30 shinies.
>>
>>27457330
To this day I'm sure this is where every ounce of luck I could ever have in my lifetime has all been directed.
In Sapphire I found out that Feebas could only be caught in a few spots on a route, so I spent an entire day fishing in every square, and the first Feebas I encountered was a shiny. Caught it in Premier Ball, and it was Modest. I never deleted that save, bought Ruby so I had one to replay, and eventually carried it over to Soul Silver.
I lost my copy of SS, and the Milotic has gone with it.
>>
Pokemon Silver, a Zubat in the Union Cave on my first trip to the town Bugsy is in.

I was playing on a black and white gameboy, so if I hadn't noticed the flashing sparkles, I'd have missed my first shiny ever.
>>
>>27457330
The first legit shiny i encountered was a koffing in silver. it was in rocket base. it self-destructed.

The first legit shiny i caught was in a moemon play. it was an electrike. was kinda cool (bit boring) playing with one actually.

The game i caught the most shinies (4) in a single save file was touhoumon purple. NO COMMENT.

>>27458579
stop using repels.
>>
My first was a sentret in silver.
>>
>>27461938
With how easy fish chaining is, it takes like 15 minutes to get a shiny Milotic now.
Source: Me
>>
File: graveler.png (4KB, 100x100px)
graveler.png
4KB, 100x100px
I was smashing rocks in the desert in X when this motherfucker pops out.
>>
Donphan in HG
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.