[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Gender ratios that need to be reworked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

This bs really needs to change in SM

I'll start with a few obvious ones
>50/50 for starters and Eevee
If they did this there would be no more whining about shit like Braixen and the Chikorita line, same as for most eeveelutions

>100% male Machop line
It just doesn't look female at all

>100% female Goodra
Just memeing to kill some time :^)
>>
>>27450823
(You)
>>
>>27450823
why do u sexualize absolutely everything? female gorillas doesent fit with our definition of feminity... because they are not humans, but they are female.
>>
>>27450823
>there would be no more whining about shit like braixen and the chikorita line, same as for most eeveelutions
What do you mean? Also, the point of those pokemon rarely being female is to make it harder to breed them, thus making them more rare. This is the same reason that Zoroark is mostly male.
>muscular = not female
Wew lad
>>
>>27450823
>>100% male Machop line
Have fun with a Machamp that has zero egg moves.
>>
File: 444073.jpg (39KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
444073.jpg
39KB, 500x500px
>>27450823
>>
ALL gift and fossil Pokemon have the 87.5 male/12.5 female ratio.

It's simply to make them harder to breed.
>>
>>27451835

That would be solved if Game Freak made an incense that allowed eggs to hatch into the father's species.

Since females can now pass on Egg Moves too, Pokemon like Tauros and Braviary would be able to inherit Egg Moves from their mothers.
>>
>>27450823
>100% male Machop line
No, fuck you, machop girls are beautiful.

Seriously, all pokemon should have male and females regardless of what they look like. We now have gender variations per species without resorting to nidoran and nidoran bullshit, so put that shit to work and make some variations for the only one gender pokemon.

Because fuck if we're supposed to assume these fagots reproduce with dittos in the wild.
>>
>>27451884
>Hader to breed
>Catch one ditto or transfer it from the bank
>breed it
If that's the actual reason they give themselves, then they are fucking retarded.
>>
GF should make Mr. Mine male only and introduce a evolution line for Mine Jr. called Mrs. Mine. (Kinda like how they did Gallade for Kirlia)
>>
>>27452092
>Kinda like how they did Gallade for Kirlia
So, they are keeping female Mr. Mime anyway?
>>
>>27450823
i was trying to breed a stealth rock shieldon, but to do that, i had to go through 40+ eggs to hatch a female in order to breed the egg move.

Game Freak fix this shit
>>
>make all pokemon 100% male
>allow homo breeding
>attract will always work

make it happen, please~!
>>
>>27452139
Not exactly. Male Mine Jr. evolves to Mr. Mine while females evolve into Mrs. Mine
>>
>>27452087
You still need a female to pass down egg moves, anon.
>>
>>27450823
>It just doesn't look female at all
Neither does your mom.
>>
>>27452364
Yes, but the argument was "So starters and fossils are harder to breed". They really aren't any harder to breed.
>>
>>27452087

Are you fucking stupid? Ditto isn't available in many games until late/post-game, and bank didn't exist until Gen 6 so how would that have affected the gender ratios in old games?
>>
>>27450823
All those things are things only a small fraction of fans care about and should not be acknowledge by game freak. Who cares if some furry weirdo is mad because a creature has 75% probabilities of being male
>>
>>27452413

Ditto still doesn't let them get any egg moves.

Good luck using a Mega Charizard X without Dragon Dance or a Mega Blastoise without Dark Pulse and Aura Sphere.

That is the reason. Sure, you can use Ditto, but you're not gonna get any good ones that way.
>>
>>27452416
It doesn't make breeding any harder. The only time I had trouble was in gen 3 when i couldn't just self trade my dittos from gold and silver.
>>
>>27452092

Good idea. More gender evolutionary female and male counterparts.
>>
>>27452478
The argument is "so you can't breed them easily", not "So you can't make competitive pokemon easily".

If gender ratios had anything to do with competitive, the list of pokemon who would have 12% female would be extremely different.
>>
>>27452482

You realize lots of people don't have access to trading right? Obviously it's easy to breed if you can send yourself a Ditto whenever you want.
>>
>>27451177
female gorillas look like females. they are visuallly distinct from male gorillas. what are you going on about?
>>
>Allow Female Gallade
>Only male Mr.Mine
>Even Eevee ratio
>Higher female Togepi ratio
>Genderless Aegislash
>>
>>27452564
>There are people who play pokemon without knowing other people who play pokemon or knowing how to use the GTS
Them being able to breed their starters is pointless, then. Since that would be the primary reason to try to stop players from doing so, to get them to trade their only one for the other player's only one.
>>
>>27450823
I was thinking about the starters and gender ratios and at first I though: In real farms, you have one male with good genes that breeds with many females, so in the Pokemon world it should be M:F 1:7 instead of the opposite. Then I realized, in order to farm babies even faster, use more females in farms to you can churn out babies even faster. Instead of dispatching 8M and 8F starters to professors throughout the region, you make another breeding farm with 1M7F and you're left with 8M1F to give to the professor, hence 87.5%M and 12.5%F ratio for the starters

inb4 Ditto
>>
>>27452774
>you're left with 8M1F to give to the professor
I meant 7M1F
>>
>>27450823
>50/50 for starters and Eevee
most of the pokemon with that gender ratio are unavailable in the wild in their original games, so it's to reflect that implied rarity. don't ruin a cool link between mechanics and lore because some autists can't handle effeminate male pokemon
>>
>>27452254
This, cute feminine male mons are always better than bland females anyways.
>>
Remove Gallade, make Gardevoir 100% female

Lopunny should also be 100% female

Roselia and Whimsicott should be 75% female
>>
>>27450823
the only thing that needs to be fixed is vullaby and rufflet. There is no reason for female eagles and male vultures to be an impossibility. 7:1 males are there for rarity and i have no issue with anything else
>>
Either, ditch breeding entirely, add "sterile" females and males, make pokemon you don't want players to breed easily function with incense or otherwise make everything unknown gender.

Seeing common pokemon in the wild with low to non-existing female ratios completely destroys any semblance of verisimilitude the game might have. How the fuck are these pokemon keeping their numbers up if there aren't a million dittos in the area they live in?
>>
>>27453209

They should just make Braviary and Mandibuzz like the Nidorans and Volbeat/Illumise (as in, the females can lay eggs that hatch into the other gender), and explain it as an extreme case of sexual dimorphism, with the males being brave, powerful hunters, and the females being scavengers.
>>
>>27450823
the only thing that needs to be changed is the female machokes and champs have a full leotard instead of just the swim suit
>>
File: peacock-001.jpg (2MB, 4608x3072px) Image search: [Google]
peacock-001.jpg
2MB, 4608x3072px
>>27450823
100% female ratio when?
I just can't see this bird as a man
>>
File: ms1Z9ne.png (50KB, 320x286px) Image search: [Google]
ms1Z9ne.png
50KB, 320x286px
Give gardevoir 100% female ratio and make every male kirlia evolve into gallade at 30.

Make meloetta female cus she is obvious a girl.
>>
>>27457641
Legendaries aren't allowed gender.
>>
>>27457687
Latias and latios say hello
>>
>>27457687
Latios, Latias, Heatran, Cresselia, Thundurus, Tornadus, and Landorus all say hi.
>>
File: Dian-Fossey-Gorilla-Fund[1].jpg (101KB, 590x390px) Image search: [Google]
Dian-Fossey-Gorilla-Fund[1].jpg
101KB, 590x390px
>>27452591
oh really, please tell me the gender of each gorilla in this image.

and yes, I know the answer
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.