[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can be done to improve the battle system without changing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1469921863430.png (39KB, 159x163px) Image search: [Google]
1469921863430.png
39KB, 159x163px
What can be done to improve the battle system without changing the genre?
>>
File: 1_zps5b90ce9d.gif (256KB, 384x216px) Image search: [Google]
1_zps5b90ce9d.gif
256KB, 384x216px
What needs improving? Battle system seems fine to me.
>>
A mainline game with Pokken mechanics would be a fun game tbhqfam.
Anyways, I'd say remove the Mega Evolutions.
>>
Timed hits, or a block/dodge mechanic
>>
for the main games, no fucking potions. held items only.
>>
>>27448385
I'm not saying anything is wrong with it, but it can always be better
>>27448391
A Mario RPG battle system would be pretty cool
>>
Ni No Kuni battle style?
>>
>>27448414
>moves with geno whirl-tier timing requirements
>>
File: happyasfuck.jpg (8KB, 325x244px)
happyasfuck.jpg
8KB, 325x244px
>>27448359
Fuck the Genre.

Open world pokemon game
No levels
You start in the Safari zone
Your parents are the rangers and get basic survival skills
You get lost and need to survive
Minor easy crafting via foraging, digging, mining, harvesting
You are not locked to three starters but whatever you catch in the starting Safari zone
Combat is something like Dragonball: Xenoverse
>>
>>27451218
So make it complete shit then?
>>
>>27448359
Remove EV and IVs
Change up some weaknesses and strengths
Allow 4 abilities to be equipped, but able to have all learned
Remove HMs, have areas walled off by events or just flat out badge checks
>>
File: IMG-20160202-WA0000.jpg (22KB, 412x732px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160202-WA0000.jpg
22KB, 412x732px
>>27451218
I thought 2014 was over
>>
>>27448359
Make the game more exciting by making Stall obsolete and making HAX more relevant.

Change STAB bonus from 1.5 to 2. This kills most defensive strategies that nobody likes to play against.

Increase frequency of critical hits by 50%.

No attacks except stuff like Swift and aerial Ace truly have 100% accuracy. Everything that would have 100% accuracy otherwise (like Surf and Thunderbolt) now has 99% accuracy, a 1% chance of randomly missing.

Tweak the Sheer Force ability since it reduces randomness in its current form. Change it so that it powers up moves with secondary effects at the cost of making you twice as likely to be afflicted by the foe's secondary effects.

More ghost types and more Shadow Tag. Make trapping more common in all tiers and therefore harder to deal with.

Nerf Leech Seed. It only saps 12% but only heals you half of what was drained now, and can be blocked by Overcoat ability and Safety Goggles. Leech Seed encourages passive play of sitting around and letting Seeds kill people, which is not something anyone likes playing against. To compensate, Grassfags now get to be Super Effective on Fairies.

For in-game mechanics...

Running away from a wild pokemon increases the encounter rate by 1% for the rest of the day. This is cumulative, so if you run away a lot you'll have an absurd encounter rate.

AI trainers can cheat and have more than 6 pokemon on their team.

Regions with more than 8 badges and Elite 4 levels in the upper 80s and lower 90s. That way its easier to grind to level 100 without being weighed down by saving all the cool stuff for the post-game.
>>
Implement the Final Fantasy ATB system and make battles team and formation based. Infinitely improved gameplay.
>>
>>27452016
Is that the system where you wit for the little bar to fill up, like in FF4? Fuck that, I fucking hated that system. Not even Chrono trigger could make it work, it's too much waiting around and looking at little bars filling up instead of looking at the pretty attack animations. The only Final Fantasy with a good battle system was Tactics.
>>
>>27448359
Can't be done. RPGs weren't meant to be competitive and Japan are idiots for even thinking so. You can only be one or the other. Your ideals are pure fantasy, they don't exist.
>>
>>27452016
Might as well make it a Real Time Stratgy with a battle system like that. Not that I'm complaining. Pokemon RTS sounds cool.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.