[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Time for a fangame thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 6

File: TPBAzFB[1].png (21KB, 513x384px) Image search: [Google]
TPBAzFB[1].png
21KB, 513x384px
ROM hacks, RPG maker games, stuff like that. One of my favorites is Pokemon Reborn, which has an edgy storeline, shantytowns and levelcaps.
>>
>>27447507
I personally like Insurgence. Story became crap ever since 1.1 but the gameplay is solid, and the deltas are a great feature.
>>
>>27447586
How is the story compared to normal pokemon games?
>>
>>27447692
dark and melodramatic to the point of being funny
>>
>>27447586

I've seen some of the fanmade deltas that are really amusing.

I want that wizard Ludicolo that became a Water/Psychic
>>
>>27447507
Anyone played theta emerald 721? Pretty cool so far. I dropped my treeco for a fenekin.
I can't find a list with all the pokemon locations anywhere online though.
>>
>>27448076
So it is one of those that try too hard at being edgy and ends up in a mess, kinda like Pokemon Rejuvenation

>>27448146
How is 721 like?
>>
>>27448156
>How is 721 like?
Im not very far in the game, but it seems really good so far. The sprites of the gen 6 pokemon look great.
>>
>>27448156
rejuvenation was based off reborn so yes
at one point when you're about to get a badge the gym leader leaps off a bridge, leaving your badge in the shitty part of town you can't reach, and by the time you could you're told that there's now a substitute leader you have to beat to get the real badge
also there are about 20 new weather effects that have tons of different modifiers, and at one point there's a cave full of digletts with magnitude in a terrain where magnitude OHKOs both pokemon on the field
>>
File: 1457641792473.jpg (3KB, 92x125px) Image search: [Google]
1457641792473.jpg
3KB, 92x125px
>>27447586
>the second gym leader with the mega beedrill
>mega bong
DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
>>27448246
Well, I actually prefer reborn over rejuvenation. It's like reborn is this person that had an idea and rejuvention the guy tries to replicate it and cant. Like, reborn has its ups and downs, but delivers good challenges and decent story. Rejuvenation right at the beginning you can see they have something lacking in them when they made the game
>>
>>27448246
the terrain shit is gimmicky bullshit made purely to stack the field against the player fuck that shit

>>27448284
>reborn
>decent story
18+ site etc.
>>
>>27448284
This. Quite frankly, reborn's only shortcommings are the story. It has moments where it goes to edgy and several times it delves into full tumblr patronage and its painful. But some moments make for legitimately fun moments, the gym leaders and level caps are challenging, and the terrains must be one of the most imaginative ways to improve combat I've seen.

>>27448299
As I said, 70% of the time the story is horrid, but some moments can be legitimately neat, and I found some of the minor details pretty interesting, like the ghost leader's gengar being named after the dead poison gym leader, and the evil team leader always having a high level team since he doesn't go around grinding.
>>
i've wanted to get into fangames or romhacks but don't know where to start. anyone wanna recommend some?
>>
>>27448356
vega is the only good one
>>
>>27448341
>the ghost leader
that's the one who's a spooky elder who gives a fuck, isn't it
>>
>>27448409
No, its a litteral ghost in an abandoned generator.
>>
>>27448356
Do you care about story, fun or a challenge?
>>
>>27448372
i will check it out. any videos for installation?
>>
>>27448341
>70%
no it's shit through and through. when it's not a soapbox for tumblr shit it's throwing a million different characters at you that I could not give less of a fuck about since all these characters are shallow archtypes written by someone who hasn't grown out of their edgy teenage years.
>>
>>27448146
>I can't find a list with all the pokemon locations anywhere online though.

This is my issue with most hacks. What kind of retards don't even include a readme file?
>>
>>27448465
i care mostly about good region, environment, and challenge.
>>
I'm playing pokemon glazed right now. Pretty decent so far. Through 5 gyms.

Also does anyone else use the turbo mode when they play? Is there anyway to disable this? I'm on visual boy.
>>
>>27447692
Dark and edgy, just like Rejuvenation and Reborn.
Before 1.1 it kept it somewhat in check, but then they did shit like fusing a main character with deoxys and having one of the villains get eaten by Kyogre.
It can still be really fun... just ignore the story for your own sanity, just like you would do for the creator's previous work; Zeta and Omicron
>>
>>27448499
Cool, mr. autism. I can already see you are the type of person taht doesn't give a fuck for the story of any pokemon game at all, so why even bother?
>>
>>27448506
I think Pokemon Reborn is a good start for you

>>27448530
I heard there is a rom hack with zombies, but I forgot the name. One in which your pokemons could be subjected to a zombie virus during this apocalypse. Do you think you would like this one?
>>
>>27448499
Well, I personally have very low standards for this kind of things. So I found some moments, specificaly the parts in the orphanage, enjoyable.

I do admit its a shit story, I just had some enjoyable moments, and I really feel like the accesibility of pokemon, the interesting ways in which you get to catch several of them, and the terrains being a thing was worth all of the drama and edge.
>>
>>27448499
they're actually people's OCs
>>
Would you guys play this pic related just by the way it looks?
>>
>>27448572
Wouldn't all fangames technically be made of people's OCs?
>>
>>27447507
Anyone playing Rutile Ruby or Star Sapphire?
Also does anyone else know if you can play X/Y hacks or BW2 hacks on a 3DS?
>>
>>27448567
Oh god Snakewood
Please do not remind me of snakewood
I don't want to live through that horrid game again.
>>
>>27448544
thanks mr. buzzwords
>so why even bother?
I liked the idea behind reborn with the cityscape setting and the meaningful encounters with the pokemon you catch, however I can't get over the terrible story because it's hard to ignore when there's constant dialogue boxes in your face and characters introduced in seemingly every area. The game even grinds to a halt to lecture the player about proper pronouns at one point.
>>
>>27448592
XY and ORAS hacks can be played on the 3DS, but you need either homebrew or CFW.
Haven't played Rutile/Star yet, only Rising/Sinking. Plan to play it soon though.
>>
>>27448570
This. You cant expect a best-seller book story for a fangame, nor for a game from the normal series. Of course most fangames stories will be flawed, but they will have its moments
>>
>>27448572
Then that's even worse than I thought.
>>
>>27448611
>the game grinds the player to a halt over pronouns
Fuck, I just remembered that, it was so annoying. I actually pondered if I should've just dropped the game after the guy started talking about Xyr, Xe and Xyrself. Gladly its about 3% of the game in total, but it seems that tumblr character is next episode's gym leader.
>>
>>27447507
Pokemon Vega is my favourite of all rom hacks.
>>
>>27448622
Nobody is asking for a best-seller book story for a fangame, just for it to not be obnoxious garbage that's difficult to ignore. Nobody bitches about the story in Gaia for example since it's tame.
>>
needs me a complete rom hacks list now pls
>>
File: 1469395533977.png (42KB, 277x246px) Image search: [Google]
1469395533977.png
42KB, 277x246px
The best pokemon fan game is Pokemon: off-white.
>>
>>27448584
Comfy af
>>
Is there a good fan game/ rom hack without an edgy as fuck story?
>>
Is Uranium good? I got it a while ago and have only gotten a bit past the first gym and it feels so tedious.
>>
>>27448888
I want to say potential is there, but it definitely feels tedious. eventually dropped it after the gym that as a gym leader with a mask? I know I got Nucleon soon before.
>>
>>27448584
Holy fuck yes, that's beautiful
>>
>>27448888
The early game is extremely outdated since it's been in development for years. However, they are releasing the full version of the game next week, where the entire beginning of the game is revamped. It's a full release too, so it goes up to the Pokémon league even.
>>
>>27448859
There was a guy that talked about some game called Insurgence. I dont know about the story though
>>
>>27449042
Oh, great, I'll just delete my safe file and restart it. Do the starters have their third evos now or are they just 2 stage mons forever?
>>
>>27449063
Insurgence is edgy story, good everything else.

>>27448859
Phoenix Rising, something upcoming, looks like it might be avoiding that. But who knows they might manage yet.
>>
>>27449065
Nah, they're still 2 stages. But they do have mega evolutions, which is kinda the same thing. You get the mega ring from the 7th gym leader.
>>
>>27449085
Well, I guess that's better. Thanks for the info.
>>
>1000 fan games in development
>like 5 completed

Aaaaaàaaaaaaah
>>
How is this Uranium game like? Story and gameplaywise?
>>
i have an android. can someone tell me how i can play these without a computer? they seem fun but gba emulators on android require a computer to download it onto the card.
>>
>>27449151
It's a pretty good story. Somewhat edgy, but it's not in your face about it. For example, there's a part in the game where one of the nuclear power plants found across the region has a meltdown. The rival's dad goes to help people and never comes back. It's implied that he dies but it's never explicitly said.
>>
>>27449227
Thats not edgy at all, stop butchering the words meaning
>>
>>27449227
>>27449261
christ i forget how underage this board is sometimes
>>
>>27449283
Would you mind specifying what you're complaining about instead of throwing buzzwords around? You sound like a newfag yourself.
>>
>>27449227
That isnt edgy man.
>>
>>27449261
There's nothing left to butcher.
>>
>>27449283
Edgy - adj.
1.tense, nervous, or irritable.
2.at the forefront of a trend; experimental or avant-garde.
>>
File: letrashman.jpg (31KB, 352x450px) Image search: [Google]
letrashman.jpg
31KB, 352x450px
>>27447507
>find pokemon red++
WOW THIS LOOKS FUCKIN GOOD
>learn that the game has mons from later gens
MFW
>>
>>27449367
Why are you on /vp/ if you don't like pokemon.
>>
>>27449339
That isnt accurate. Somethings are edgy and dont fill those meanings. Like black and red coloring. That is edgy as fuck, but also awesome
>>
>>27449381
Something something bait, something something, genwunners.
>>
>>27449381
seems like just a joke, man. Dont take too seriously
>>
>>27449381
>>27449444 >dem triple digits
Not joking, that's just stupid adding in mons to an earlier gen with the wrong cries and goofy custom sprites, its fakemon tier.
>>
>>27449426
>black and red coloring is edgy
No, the things asociated with black and red coloring fall into the general cercany of edgyness, so you associate it. Are you telling me a baby cat that is black and red is edgy? what about a family dinner at a restaurant with black and red walls and tables? is THAT edgy?
>>
>>27449481
There is an edgy restaurant IRL?!?!?!?
That's awesome!
>>
Rate and hate this made-up twist.

You meet champion, he basically tells you that, yadda yadda, you finally beat elite four and go fight the ch- oh wait these two siblings you fought a few times before defeated him before you could. your rival suddenly comes in, and then it's a champion battle with both sides having a full party (essentially a 12v12)
>>
Anyone played Pokemon Glazed and Blazed Glazed?

Anyone know which one is better?
>>
>>27449673
I know I found Glazed too easy
First time hearing about Blazed Glazed though.
>>
Why are there so many Pokemon Reborn shills on this board? Is it the same guy who was playing it?
>>
>>27448275
stopped playing right at this point, I kept hope that it would stop being shit but it just kept getting worse
>>
>>27450870
Whats the problem with leaders using Megas?
>>
>>27449735
Why are there so many retards on this board that think mentioning a fan game is shilling it? Or is it just (you)?
>>
>>27449673
>>27449698
blazed glazed is really damn good
>>
>>27450971
How is this game like? In story and gameplay
>>
File: _20160731_165937.jpg (94KB, 720x479px) Image search: [Google]
_20160731_165937.jpg
94KB, 720x479px
Post your team of whatever fangame/romhack you're playing.

Also does anyone know how to evolve phantump in theta emerald?
>>
>>27449735

Shilling is linking to the game and saying it's amazing. Saying that it is flawed but some aspects are okay is not.

Personally I found Reborn to be an interesting concept but executed badly, the Tumblr-tier characters only make it worse. But I can see some good aspects. With some heavy tweaking, the terrain idea can work.

The best thing would be if they didn't have so many of them one after the other, so it would be easier for the player to get used to them.

Maybe having an item where the player can look at what these terrains do or have a prompt for battle that you can see that will remind of what the terrain you are on does.

I also very much enjoy the idea of forcing you to use lesser used Pokemon on your team to start and having to rely on actual strategies to beat some gym leaders.

I would still suggest a romhack like Glazed or Vega way over it though. Those two feel much closer to actual Pokemon games.
>>
>>27448584
Absolutely. It's gorgeus and vibrant as fuck
>>
>>27452161
Literally its just glazed with physical/special split, newer Pokémon, animated spirites etc.
>>
>>27452702
Whats glaze like?
>>
>>27452710
It has three regions and the main game is long af. By the time your at the champion of the third region your pokes are like lvl90.

Its better than any official gen 3 game IMHO. Just fuckin play it anon
>>
>>27452710
Literally its just blazed glazed with physical/special not split, older Pokémon, animated spirites etc.
>>
>>27452787
link me senpai
>>27452798
um...
>>
>>27452787
Weird. My pokemon are all at least 70+ by the league in most versions, fanmade or not
>>
>>27452875
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=357465

Enjoy
>>
im downloading volt white 2
is it fun?im a casual who hasnt played regular white o white 2
>>
>>27452966
thanks my friend :)
>>
>>27452981
It's hard af
>>
>>27447507
Are these all hard? I don't want to have to tryhard with natures, IVs, EVs, Eevees, etc.
>>
>>27453647
Most arent to the point you would have to resort to those things, but mostly to strategizing (like trick room and shit)
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.