[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why isn't there are another Pokémon TCG for the 3Ds?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

No seriously, this game is probably my favourite outside of the main series.
>>
>>27446953
>Why isn't there are another Pokémon TCG for the 3Ds?
christ
>>
Because they have the official online tcg now
>>
>>27446977
The game is shit and p2w, I want an Pokémon TCG rpg
>>
Where would they draw the line on set inclusion?
>>
>TCG game for 3DS with every single card ever released will never ever happen
>>
>>27447028
Well that's the thing. The Pokemon TCG game was my fave pokemon game outside the series but they make so much money off the TCGO app, a proper game will never see that kind of money.
>>
>>27447074
They would pick some, what kind of stupid question is this?

If they were SMART and the game were GOOD, they'd sit down and get a number of sets that went well together overall.
>>
>>27447028
>p2w
? You get 45 free booster packs just by doing the single player part, then you get so many coins just by playing you can buy a bunch in the ingame shop. As you play with theme decks in VS mode you get tournament tickets and if you compete in tournaments you get even more packs which are tradeable that you can trade for any cards you want with other players.

Not a dime spent.
>>
>>27446953
G'damn... Forgot how fun this game was
>>
>>27447565
Regardless of what they choose it would become outdated quickly unless they included DLC and set it up in a non-retarded way, which they failed to do in the gen 6 games
>>
PTCGO already exists.
>>
I loved this game dude. I do wish they'd make a new one.
>>
>>27447028
>game is shit
idgi its the same game
>p2w
You can get and trade for any card you want and not give a penny.
>rpg
faggot
>>
>>27447028
On top of that the new cards are bullshit. 200 hp 100 damage ex legends that make normal pokemon pointless. In the original tcg most pokemon may not be particularly good but they were at least usable.
>>
>>27448724
>In the original tcg most pokemon may not be particularly good but they were at least usable.
Wow is this wrong. The original TCG Gameboy game at least was so broken it's hilarious. I go back and play it and while I find it fun since you pretty much curbstomp anybody with a good deck and sometimes that's fun, the power level difference illustrated by that is pretty clear. Even back then there was an equivalent to EX Pokemon with the power haymaker basics. Adn most evolutions were far and away on a much lower level than, say, Blastoise, even the other 2 starters, who blows every other evolution in the game out of the water.
>>
File: picture.jpg (50KB, 321x450px) Image search: [Google]
picture.jpg
50KB, 321x450px
>>27448724
> 200 hp 100 damage ex legends that make normal pokemon pointless

t. i don't really play the game much

EX Pokemon are just the derivatives of cards like pic related back in the day and on hindsight 200 HP and 100 damage isn't that big when everything else has been beefed up

but keep talking about shit you don't know anyway while being blonded by nostalgia
>>
>>27448724
>In the original tcg most pokemon may not be particularly good but they were at least usable.
You didn't play with players who knew what they were doing back in the day, did you?
>>
>>27448786
They could have kept everything around Jab/Special Punch levels if they planned on rotation

Hell, even the first EX cards were balanced before rotation happened and the main difference between them and haymaker cards was that EX had some more HP in exchange for the EX rule
>>
>>27447074
Solution.
Main game uses the current sets from BW to XY.

Side mode that uses sets by generation.
>>
File: Victreebel.jpg (62KB, 500x695px) Image search: [Google]
Victreebel.jpg
62KB, 500x695px
Worst Stage II card ever.
>>
>>27448865
The contradictory point is still there. There were still unevolving pokemon that were much stronger than the other Pokemon available and were far and away the representatives of the "competitive" aspects of the game. Numbers in general were lower back then but it doesn't change the point. Even ignoring basics, as I said, even among actually evolving Pokemon very few could actually stand up to Blastoise.

I actually looked up lists for back in the day and apparently PlusPower was not really a huge thing back then. Since I'm a relatively new in terms of looking at the TCG from a competitive standpoint, I'm used to that effect being absurdly powerful nowadays. It's hilarious how good it is taking that Blastoise deck from back in the day and getting in PlusPowers that basically function as additional energy to take the 70 HP basics without having to actually play more energy.
>>
>>27448959
Many Fighting Pokémon have high retreat costs and Grass weakness, e. g. Onix. Victreebel can use Lure to switch them in. Nevertheless it is still the worst card in the entire GB game.
>>
>>27448959
The main problem of Stage II mons is that you require to match the three cards first. In Base set, Jungle and Fossil the benefit of matching was much less as in current sets.
>>
>>27449043
Who the fuck ever played Onix? That card was fucking trash when it first came out.
>>
>>27448247
>>27448664
You guys do realize that p2w still applies right? Someone who can buy packs or just the pack codes can get a shit ton of packs instantly, while you'd have to grind them out. Being able to earn free shit doesn't invalidate it being p2w.
>>
>>27448959
When I was a kid I thought the left leaf on this victreebell was a plump set of lips
>>
>>27449144
pay2win implies that people who buy packs have an advantage over people who don't

Do those cards at target have +40 more damage or HP? No, so fuck off
>>
>>27449239
>pay2win implies that people who buy packs have an advantage over people who don't
>Do they pull more cards faster so they can build better decks? Yes, so okay.
>>
>>27449525
You have a strange definition of "winning" PTCGO
I understand if it was yugioh.
>>
>>27449114
>Onix was a good staller for setup in the background. Scoop Up Blissey was better, though.
>>
>>27449985
>Onix was good
>when every deck ran Scyther
Yeah, no.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.