[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Niantic is on fire now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 33

File: image.jpg (109KB, 1242x626px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109KB, 1242x626px
With the recent fuck ups Niantic has made with Pokenon Go, there has been reports of internal conflicts within the team. One of their devs spoke out with one tweet to show how he feels with the team

This was his tweet, he's siding with the fans against his own work place. Quesion is, how fast will Niantic take an L? (Aka: how far until the media starts shitting on them, Reddit is having a legitimate uprising right now and so is the pokemon community)
>>
File: 1469320483757.png (34KB, 172x166px) Image search: [Google]
1469320483757.png
34KB, 172x166px
>>27444454
Well they're in the right. I have to side with them too. At the game's launch the footprinta were working just fine if you could put aside the server overload issues and the 1HP bug then they fix that but fuck up the footprints making it near impossible to tell unless you watch the order the nearby mons move and instead of fixing it they add a whole bunch of useless shit and remove the footprints all together. What the fuck are they even doing right now?
>>
>>27444454
It's not surprising. When you're told you're having fun incorrectly people are going to speak up.

Niantic is--and has been--over its head with this. Go was a mistake.
>>
>>27444454
This is the guy who made pokevision.

Fuccboi OP this is amazing bait
>>
>>27444454
>overreacting: the post
I am impressed you didn't use literally
>>
>>27444454
Honestly, Niantic should have left Pokevision and other similar apps/sites alone until they get the tracking system fixed. With those apps/sites, people were still playing the game, even though the bugs are a hinderance. Now that they've taken those away, the bugs are all that's left, and the people that play will start dropping like flies. Even with the footprints gone, the Pokemon on the Nearby List still appear out of order, and Pokemon pop up on the map that weren't on the Nearby List to begin with. It's literally "Go outside and hope you get lucky" right now, where as with Pokevision, you could see exactly where everything was and go and find it. I know it wasn't legal, but they still should have left it alone, at least until the glitches are all worked out.
>>
>>27444454
Before Pokevision takedown, I'd only scan directly around me and where I take classes, checking for spawns when I go up there.

Now, that I can't do that. I found a new scanner that doesn't let me snap to location. Instead, it scans around me in increasingly large radii. So instead of knowing what's around me right now, I'm going to map the entire fucking city before Niantic pulls this one, too.
>>
>>27444735

Care to share?
>>
Just yesterday, my sister and her husband were trying to convince me to play it inbetween bouts of going out and hunting for shit in the area.

Today, I heard my sister talking about how enormously stupid it is that you have no idea where anything is now, and neither of them have touched the game.
>>
>your fanbase actively tries to fix your game for you
>NOPE CAN'T HAVE THAT
>>
>>27444852
I've got two and I'll only post one. So take your pick:
>a pokevision clone but notably worse: click-to-scan format
>autoscanner that requires a PC to run. must know address to change locations
>>
>>27444933
Pokevision clone.
>>
>>27444948
trackemon.com
>>
>not being superior pokescaner
plebs
>>
>>27444566
This. But I do agree with him. Part of the fun was tracking Pokemon with the step counter. I have absolutely no idea why they would kill this.
>>
>>27445022
What they'll say: constant updating too much of a demand on the servers

What they'll actually do: release Poke Trackers in the store for 10 dollars for a pack of 5.
>>
>>27445071
>What they'll say: constant updating too much of a demand on the servers
To be fair that is true.
I mean the game already has server issues and then there was that DDOS situation.
>>
File: 1469409010486.jpg (56KB, 960x777px) Image search: [Google]
1469409010486.jpg
56KB, 960x777px
>they'll add the footprints back as a Pokemon Go+ exclusive
>>
>>27444680
>with Pokevision, you could see exactly where everything was and go and find it
I still don't understand why this wasn't how the game worked in the first place. i understand having all the Pokemon on the map would probably be pretty nasty looking and maybe have other issues too, but there IS a function to select a Pokemon that was practically purposeless. Why couldn't selecting the Pokemon make that one show up on the map so you could walk to it? I don't understand. I would think most people would respond better to "if you go here, you'll get this" task-reward rather than a mostly directionless scavenger hunt even when the footprints were working. IT's not like there isn't any reason to catch Pokemon you already have anyway so you can level them up wth the also extremely shitty candy system and that's the only reason I can think they wouldn't have done it, because maybe they thought people would be motivated to play less if finding Pokemon wasn't mostly random and they didn't have to jump for everything that could pop up.
>>
>>27445153
That's half the game though. Make them update less frequently or something, don't just take it out. Make it so you have to manually update the location.
>>
>>27444454
Footprints were a mistake anyway, you don't get told what Pokemon you're going to run into in x steps in the games so why are people bitching about it in this?
>>
>>27445212
Because in the games, there's a specific place you go to find Pokemon. In GO they can be anywhere, but they're is not a lot of them in any one place.
>>
File: dexnavlevels.jpg (26KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
dexnavlevels.jpg
26KB, 320x240px
>>27445212
HMMMMMMM
>>
>>27445246
But isn't Pokemon about the adventure and experiences you have while trying to catch them all? Power gaming it isn't really the point; it's a social experience you fucking dorks
>>
How in the hell could they fuck up this bad? Why take away Pokevision? We're all bumbling around in the dark now,
And bumbling around in the dark is only fun when there are boobs and butts to grab onto. It looses almost all of its fun when there are 99% hard cocks jutting out everywhere.
Pidgeys, Rattatas, Mankeys, Magnemites, Spearows, Geodudes and Zubats are the hard dicks that are in abundance. Pokevision made it so you could find the nice boobs and butts to grab.
>>
What fuck ups? Getting rid of the stupid map?
>>
>>27445291
>pretending to be retarded
>>
>>27445340
>he doesn't like hard cocks
What a faggot.
>>
File: image.jpg (224KB, 1108x1477px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
224KB, 1108x1477px
>>27445212
>>
>>27445291
Yes, you're right. This game in particular is about the journey and not the destination.
However; people would venture to where good pokemon were and would meet people along the way. Now, people are wandering aimlessly trying to find something that isn't a Pidgey or Rattata, you're less likely to run into someone now since you aren't being brought to the same location.
>>
>>27445291
Not walking around blind doesn't mean you can't bave social experiences. People were doing it before. I doubt it's going to be moreso now. Wanting a scavenger hunt game that involves the entire fucking world to give you a direction to look is not "power gaming".
>>
>>27445424
>>27445425
People hang around pokestops/gyms where everyone places lures though.
>>
File: 1432926399962.png (21KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1432926399962.png
21KB, 900x900px
>walking blind

but ur not tho

ghost pokemon spawn in cemetaries
fire pokemon spawn in deserts/fire stations
water pokemon spawn in water

etc. since when have pokemon games ever had a map that tells you exactly where each pokemon currently is?
>>
>>27445472
Now they have no choice in the matter. That's all the game is now and when the population starts to decline and people run out of lures they won't buy more.
>>
>>27445497
All of this is bullshit.
>>
>>27445472
What the fuck does that have to do what I said?
>>
>>27445497
>ghost pokemon spawn in cemetaries
>fire pokemon spawn in deserts/fire stations
>water pokemon spawn in water

No.
>>
>>27445497
>since when have pokemon games ever had a map that tells you exactly where each pokemon currently is?
I don't even care if this is bait, someone else might actually not know
LITERALLY EVERY FUCKING MAIN SERIES GAME YOU GODDAMNED RETARD
>>
>>27445497
This is actually bullshit. There is some of this in the game but not a lot. Drowzee are more common in cities, water pokemon spawn if there any source of water pokemon show vup if water is on your map, etc. but shit like fire pokemon near fire stations is not only bullshit but doesnt make any sense anyway.
>>
>>27444444
>>
>>27445556
Lol I actually I forgot sicne I use it so rarely, yeah, every game has had this in the pokedex
>>
File: 1434946706871.jpg (27KB, 364x348px) Image search: [Google]
1434946706871.jpg
27KB, 364x348px
>>27444454
>pokemon community

Pokemon Community is playing the actual game. Everyone else is just a normie.
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 448x189px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 448x189px
I work at Apple's tech support and we are currently being bombarded with refunds nonstop since this morning

We will start showing the bad reviews by the end of next month.
>>
>>27444454
>You don't invent Marco Polo
wut
Does he mean Waterpolo? Because how can someone invent and play a Venetian explorer
>>
>>27445683
Yo Pajeet, how's it going?
>>
>>27445683
Refunds for what? The game is free isn't it?
>>
>>27445694
It's a "game" where someone calls out "Marco" and then someone else calls out "Polo" and until they find each other.
>>
File: costanza.png (299KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
costanza.png
299KB, 500x375px
>using an online program

>not just downloading the python script and running that
>>
>>27445694
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marco_Polo_(game)
>>
>>27445694
no, marco polo. you close your eyes, shout marco, the other person says polo and you find them. that's how the game works. he's comparing it to this game now where the "polo" aspect is removed and therefore cannot find anything
>>
>>27445694
>Not knowing what Marco Polo is.
And I thought I was autistic.
>>
>>27445694
What country m9?
>>
>>27445694
I'm going to assume you're not American.

Marco Polo is also a game where the person who's "it" closes their eyes and shouts "Marco." Everyone else calls back "Polo." The person who's it has to chase everyone else by sound.
>>
>>27445706
In game purchases.
>>
>>27445714
Please go on OP, I am too unfamiliar with these terms to even be able to find them and use them
>>
>>27445712
>>27445718
>>27445734
>>27445739
>>27445750
what the fuck

>>27445749
I'm Dutch. Never heard of it.
>>
I feel like this update was great for people level 20+ while everyone else is fucked.
>>
>>27445758

http://pastebin.com/wTFAjQ6h
>>
>>27445696
Pretty well thanks.

>>27445706
In all purchases
>>
File: favorism.png (32KB, 584x241px) Image search: [Google]
favorism.png
32KB, 584x241px
Reminder that Niantic communicates with its users about Pokemon Go. You just have to be a celebrity to get a response.
>>
>>27445739
>murricans thinking people are autistic for not knowing about obscurities that don't exist outside their country
Wow
>>
>>27445770
Why do you think it's good for people 20+?
>>
>>27445903
not OP, but in my case, I've caught well over 100 different mons, and the majority of mons I still need are just evolutions. Granted, I would like them to fix this sooner than later since I can't find Charmanders, Squirtles or Bulbasaurs without some sort of radar
>>
File: image.jpg (139KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139KB, 750x1334px
>In light of criticism over removed features and C&D orders, Pokemon spawn mechanics are completely revamped

>Water-types appear in lakes or in flooded areas
>Fire-types appear in or near burning/burned-down buildings
>Grass-types appear deep in forests
>Electric-types appear near power generation stations
>Flying-types appear at extremely high altitudes and on planes
>Poison-types appear near natural gas and chemical leaks
>Steel-types appear on construction sites and processing plants
>Dark-types appear in high-crime neighborhoods
>Rock- and Ground-types appear in quarries and mines
>Fairy-types appear in gay bars and beats
>Ghost-types appear where people have recently died

...and so on. Spawn areas will be determined by scanning online news stories for certain keywords.

Thoughts?
>>
>>27446158
I think it wasn't like thsi in the firstp lace because they don't want to make people have to go to specific places or do specific things to find some Pokemon because some people simply can't. But they ended up making region exclusive Pokemon so who the fuck knows.
>>
>>27446158
>Suddenly there are Ghost-types everywhere
>>
>>27446191
The region exclusives don't even really matter since you can get them all from 5km eggs in your country anyway
>>
>>27446158
>>Fairy-types appear in gay bars and beats
FUCKING KEK'd
>>
>>27445803
Nice cherry picking
>>
>>27446290
he really isn't tho
https://twitter.com/NianticLabs/with_replies
>>
>>27445756
>>27445801
>in game purchases

They have whats coming to them.
>>
>>27445497

I live close to a cemetary but only Pidgey, Rattata and Weedle in my town.
>>
File: all filled up.jpg (2KB, 81x124px) Image search: [Google]
all filled up.jpg
2KB, 81x124px
>pokemon GO is almost the same as before
>never even used footprints
>tracked pokemon based on list jumping
>doing just fine
>footprints become bugged, not a problem
>everyone not even paying attention to footprints anymore
>Niantic removes footprints
>autists act like everything is exploding

I mean really? Come on.
>>
>>27446310
You literally have to just scroll down to the the normal schmucks.
>>
So how long until Nintendo cracks some heads? Or are we going to see confirmation of them truly not caring that shit gets attached to their name?
>>
>>27445285
underrated post
>>
>>27445170
It's because they designed it like a mobile game. They don't want to hunt down Pokemon. That would too much like actual gameplay. They want to wander around and hope you get lucky, since if players want something badly enough they will simply keep playing until the die roll favors them enough to get it. It's just like the gashapon system in other mobile. They're designed to be gambles to keep people addicted and keep playing for the chance that they'll get something good if they keep at it.
>>
Actually, I didn't play Go so fill me in, what is going on?
>>
That's the guy that made PokeVision
>>
>>27446493
>Go doesn't tell you exactly where Pokemon are
>They just shut down all the websites which do just that
>People are mad
>>
>>27444454
>uprising
who cares, is just a game, heck is not even a game is an app, normies are making way too much uproar of a fucking little thing. Is like they suddenly discovered the fire.
>>
>>27446517
Ah, I see.
>>
>>27446477
I collected oddishes until I had a good one (700cp) and then waited until I had 125 candies to evolve that nigga into a badass vileplume.

Nothing about this was dice rolling since oddish is a common spawn in my neighborhood.

The most common complaints I've seen are that people can't find a 1500 max evolution right off the bat like they're supposed to be everywhere or something.
>>
>>27446493
Niantic doesn't respond to players and constantly keeps people in the dark about things going on. They are cutting features, taking down sites that make up for features cut, not fixing their server issues, and overall doing their best to fuck up their golden ticket
>>
>>27446454
>he missed the stock thing
Nintendo already cleared that up before this happened.
>>
It's their game, you didnt dump a shitload of money into making it. Let them do what they want. I still enjoy it, they'll fix any problems that are glaring eventually.
>>
>>27446454
If anything, it should teach them that working with American companies isn't the best idea.
>>
>>27446532
People are trying to metagame pokemon go because they can't be assed to walk around and stumble upon a fun discovery. Nope, they gotta be able to see exactly where what is and how long they have to drive their ass over their to collect one pokemon before looking at the website, again, to see where to drive next.

The whole website thing is fucking lazy as shit, and the only people who care are lazy shits as well.
>>
>>27444454
>not scanning
who the fuck cares
>>
>>27444454
>so is the pokemon community
>normies still pretending that people who actually like Pokemon play this shit
I never understood what was fun about it in the first place. It's just gen 1 safari zone with less features, the risk of interacting with autistic retards, and being forced to go outside in 115-degree, 80% humidity weather. My friends and I even thought we'd give it another chance and went to some barhopping event with our 3DSes thinking we'd at least get a couple streetpasses or be able to talk about the games but it was just a bunch of fuckin casuals who couldn't remember the name of the pony whose name is literally Pony with two extra letters.
>>
>>27446435
Heck my phone doesn't even have a gyroscopic sensor so I couldn't use steps to find pokemon in the first place

>>27446578
>>27446542
These.
>>
>>27445497
>since when have pokemon games ever had a map that tells you exactly where each pokemon currently is?
Are you fucking kidding me?
This is why people hate Go players. Fuck off you god damn fucking faggot.
>>
>>27446578
I live on the edge of a small town and would never find even a Pidgey more than once a day without tracking
>>
>>27446607
He's not wrong. They give you a vague sense of where the pokemon is but not the actual place in the games.
>>
>>27446614
Have you seen the little puffs of grass on the map? That's where pokemon spawn. Go to those and there's a chance you'll find something.
>>
>>27446586
>it was just a bunch of fuckin casuals who couldn't remember the name of the pony whose name is literally Pony with two extra letters.
wtf Ponyjo is my favorite
>>
>>27445694
>yuropoors
>>
>>27446567
People bought into it and spent money on in-app purchases. They are right to get angry when Niantic trashes a game they spent money on.
>>
>>27446158
>sends children into high-crime neighborhoods
>sends children to burning buildings
>>
>>27446586
I feel bad for you.

I've been playing with all my friends who grew up with gen 1 and it's the bee's knees. Plus, I have a feeling most kids wouldn't know gen 1 that well since they've introduced way too many pokemon by whatever gen is out now.
>>
Everyone, go to pokemon go support and tell them about how the removal of the step counters is a bug or an error. If they get enough, they might see that we are actually paying attention to their crap.
>>
>>27446736
>Having IRL friends
>>
>>27444454
>crying about a broken feature that most people didnt actually understand
>going off about a useless stupid feature
This guy is undoubtedly a /vp regular
>>
>>27446692
But Niantic spent a lot just to make it, they wanted to make a game they'd play. I spent money on it and im happy, Ill support the devs, Im no normie.
>>
>>27446158
Yo nigga you funny as fuck haha!

*imitates shooting a basketball*
>>
I don't play Go but apparently over the course of a week the game is ruined forever. I know spoofers are getting banned and Vaporeon was nerfed but what else has happened to ruin this?
>>
>>27446158

>fairy-types appear in gay bars and beats

Well I hang out at them anyway, so it looks like they'll need a male equivalent of a fairy-tale girl.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2586x2307px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2586x2307px
>>27446578
>>
>>27446797
Hiker
>>
A lot of Go players live in the middle of bumfuck nowhere. Even some people in populated areas are treated to low spawn rates and sparse Pokéstops (I'm lucky to get a few fucking Rattata without walking through a bunch of dangerous neighborhoods into the city)

If Niantic treats its players unfairly, they shouldn't expect the players to 'play fair', in any way.
>>
>>27446796
You know the footsteps that didn't work?
Yeah they removed them for the time being.

That's about it.
>>
>>27446803
Nice cherry picking. Now what about pokemon that appear in specific rooms of specific areas?
>>
>>27446766
Good for you.

I'm personally irritated by the fact that Niantic is forcing me to wander around aimlessly in a densely populated area to catch Pokémon. That just isn't something I want to do.
>>
>>27446796
Some people have had their accounts reset. They have every right to be pissed.

Other than that, Niantic said they'd get around to stopping scanners after they work out more important issues. They sent C&Ds to scanners the next week. Fucking priorities, man.
>>
>>27446824
This. The game is only playable as intended if you live in NYC or Tokyo.
>>
This is why I spoof.
>>
>>27446824
>A lot of Go players live in the middle of bumfuck nowhere.
>a lot
The majority are in cities and they're still treated to high spawn points and a lot of stops.

Get out of the boonies for once.
>>
>>27446852
Well sometimes a game doesnt fit your style its understandable, no everyone like League but I do. You just have to give it time. It'll be fixed soon I'm sure.
>>
>>27446865
Small townie here, not a lot of pokestops here and I'm at the max level.
If you aren't yet sort your shit out.
>>
>>27446878
>I live in a major metropolitan area therefore everyone does

>>27446843
How is it cherry picking? You're mad about that exact service being available to Go players.

It's easy enough to try every room in a given area.
>>
>>27446803
The fuck does that have to do with my post?
>>
>>27446759
>crying about a broken feature that most people didnt actually understand

There's nothing hard to understand about the feature, it's intuitive as fuck and made hunting for specific Pokemon more fun.

Now you just wander aimlessly and hope you see something good.
>>
>>27447059
It's the mainline equivalent to Pokevision. Imagine completing your dex without that or the inernet.
>>
>>>/v/346855643
>>
>>27446927
>How is it cherry picking?
Maybe because your picking pokemon with the highest encounter rate that appear all over at any point in the area just to prove the show the exact location when the reality is it doesn't and only shows the general area they're in?
>>
>>27444454
This wasn't tweeted by a dev.
>>
>>27447120
That's a really bad analogy since Sandshrews spawn in more than just that one location. And did you even read my post, or did you just read bits and pieces and then fill in what you thought?
>>
>>27447130
>>27447149
I picked a Pokemon at random. Point is, the Pokedex shows you roughly where to go to catch most Pokemon.
>>
>>27446883
The thing is, the game was okay when I could use Pokévision to track down decent 'mons. The website didn't ruin the game, it made it more accessible.
>>
>>27446634
The pokedex tells you where every pokemon is, faggot.
>>
>>27446158
I'd love this
>>
>>27444454
>Reddit is having a legitimate uprising right now and so is the pokemon community

literally who?
>>
>>27446573
This. Why the fuck did they work with Shitanic instead if DeNA?
>>
>>27447192
>Point is, the Pokedex shows you roughly where to go to catch most Pokemon.
Oh you mean like Go does?
>>
>>27447229
Stop being retarded, the dex never tells you the exact location of the pokemon.
For example Bagon.
>>
>>27447301
The dexnav does.

Chekkumeito, motherfucker
>>
>>27445340
>Reached level 15
>Haven't yet caught or even seen a Mankey or Magnemite
My area is just flooded with Paras, and Eevee. At least Parasect is an old Bro from Red/Blue.
>>
So Pokemon Go is dead? That was faster than I thought.
>>
How the fuck does it do that?
>>
>>27446796
Scanner sites are being C&D'd
this wouldn't be a problem if the in-game tracking function wasn't broken, which it is.
And instead of fixing/addressing it in the latest patch, they gutted it to the most barebones and useless state. Before there was a hot/cold indicator that helped you determine how close you were to a certain Pokemon, now it just shows all the Pokemon in your vicinity (which is a pretty large area) with no indicators of where they could be.
It's one of the primary features of the game, and they removed it.
>>
File: Pokémon Blue DX_04.png (3KB, 160x144px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon Blue DX_04.png
3KB, 160x144px
>>27447149
>That's a really bad analogy since Sandshrews spawn in more than just that one location.

Is this better? Ignore the female trainer, it's a hack.
>>
>>27447196
Ill agree it must have been easier, but they did have to tap into servers for the info and it did add traffic.
>>
>>27447324
>dexnav
>pokedex
Also only in one game.
>>
>>27447363
>spawns on every floor
Still a bad example.
>>
God, I'm glad I never downloaded this shit. So far I've seen one person playing it.
>>
>>27447418
YOU'RE cherrypicking. It's easier to check every room in a Pokemon building than several city blocks IRL.
>>
>>27447418
How many Pokémon are there that only spawn in specific rooms in Pokémon Red? I can only think of Magmar.

You accuse the other anon of cherrypicking and here you're trying to cherrypick the 2-3 Pokémon out of 151 that fit your criteria.
>>
>>27444454
What happened? Did they remove something?
>>
>>27447470
They removed the thing that told you how close you were to a Pokémon.
>>
>>27447451
The only one cherry picking here is you because you're picking common pokemon to prove your point jackass.

The mere fact that these room specific pokemon exist go against your point.

Also heads up if it's the majority it doesn't mean you aren't cherry picking.
>>
>>27447458
A couple safarimons are only in some of the safari areas.
>>
File: Mystic.jpg (579KB, 1584x1474px) Image search: [Google]
Mystic.jpg
579KB, 1584x1474px
>>27444454
>San Francisco based company run by trust fund babies
>Already have a bad history thanks to their last game
>Nintendo trusts them anyway bc google said their map guy is good
>game is released prematurely for no real reason
>they miss the entire fucking point of pokemon's gameplay
>The userbase is too big for them to handle, and they decide to not release the game to other countries instead of adding servers
>one of the core features of the game breaks, and they can't figure it out
>remove said core feature, making the game unplayable
>They are too entitled to actually address any issues or communicate with the userbase
>Cheaters can bot and spoof all they want because they never bothered to try enforcing their own policies
>They literally crash and burn in less than a month
People actually got TATTOOS of this game's team logos. My fucking sides are on planet kek.
>>
>>27447543
People give Valor shit all the time, but they're the only team I've seen without someone with a stupid tattoo or a car decked out in their "teams" colors.

Yes. If you have them please post them.
>>
>>27447519
Only a handful of Pokemon are room-specific.

For any real Pokemon game, there are means to find out precisely where any Pokemon is. Pokedex, Serebii, whatever. In Go you're left blindly wandering in the vain hope of finding something that isn't a bird or rat.
>>
>>27447543
>game is released prematurely for no real reason
Apparently it was because some chucklefuck representative said it would be out on day x without checking to see if it was true/possible or not
>>
http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/pok-mon-go-creators-are-working-on-a-harry-potter/413628

L M A O
>>
>>27447543
in this moment, i am mystic, not because of some phony legendary's abilities, but because of my own Articuno
>>
>>27447587
>People give Valor shit all the time
Cancerfags from lebbit basically associated the color red with MAGA hats and wound up not being able to tell the difference.
>>
>>27447595
Wasn't it to coincide with the 20th anniversary?
>>
I just really want to see what's happening in the Niantic building right now. Like just watch them all day to see what they're actually doing.

I'm sensing a lot of head banging on desks.
>>
>>27447602
I'm surprised people were so quick to just throw them rights based on how poorly made the game was. I mean, don't get me wrong I enjoy the game to an extent, but it could have been a lot better.
>>
>>27447640
No?
>>
>>27447640
If it came out at any point this year it would still fall in line.
>>
>>27447648
They don't care how poorly made it is so long as it makes money.
>>
>>27447589
>Only a handful of Pokemon are room-specific.
And ignoring them because they go against your argument is cherry picking.

And now you're just moving the goalposts by bringing in third parties. Not to mention they don't add to server lag.
>>
>>27447862
I don't think you understand what cherry picking. The idiom comes from the idea that when fruit are picked, the vast majority are discarded for the few perfect ones which are the ones sent to the stores to be purchased. Use of it means that someone is discarding the majority of something and using a minority to represent their position.
>>
>>27447192
The box thing that shows you which Pokemon are nearby is basically what the Pokedex in the game does.

You aren't about to fucking tell me that the Pokedex shows you the exact fucking tile that you have to walk on to get a specific Pokemon and you sure as hell know that shaking grass chaining is NOT the same as finding a specific Pokemon.
>>
>>27447989
This whole analogy has been flawed from the start. Ignoring that the game tells you to go to an exact area which you would then walk around in until you found it, which even when the footprints worked wasn't how it worked, the ground you have to cover to find a Pokemon in the game is, obviously, much much smaller than the ground you have to cover in real life. This analogy to the games just doesn't work and why it even came up in the first place is beyond me.
>>
>>27445766
you play it in swimming pools. its fun bro
>>
>>27446435
>tracked pokemon based on list jumping
That doesn't work either.
>>
>>27447915
That's not what cherry picking means in the argumentative context anon.
To sum it up its purposely picking and choosing information that adheres to your viewpoint while discarding the ones that don't.
Majority and minority don't matter.

In any case the dex still has yet to show exact locations but rather the general area. Cherry picking the common pokemon that adhere to your point doesn't mean the pokemon that don't cease to exist.
>>
>9 pokemon on nearby screen
>Clefairy, Paras, 3 Eevee, Psyduck, Goldeen and 2 Nidoran
>Beedrill shows up out of nowhere in front of me is NOT on nearby screen

Is tracking really that fucked up now? All the Pokemon popping up near me aren't even on the nearby screen.
>>
>>27448100
Er, no, that's exactly what cherry picking means in an argumentative stand point.
>>
>>27446796
In addition, Pokémon break out and run away easier so they can get some more of those sweet microtransactions.
>>
>>27448040
Because people don't understand changing things when a concept transfers to a different medium.
>>
>>27448105
How long has it been since you moved out of that spawn location? Also, unexpected Pokemon show up all the time.
>>
>>27446573
They already have experiences in this field, and with other oversea countries like the Dutch owned Philips.
>>
>>27446865
or any town over 100k people. i hop on the bus to go downtown and swipe a few pokestops along the way, usually get about .5k on my eggs from when the bus is moving slowly thru traffic, and then walk 10 pokestops i a circle for an hour till i have 150+ balls and go sit in bed and catch whatevers spawning in the hood that night since i powerleveled like a boss the first week i get a shitload of spawns at my building. get gurd turd. do u have pigs to feed or something?
>>
>>27448117
It's pathetic that I had to look up a definition for you.

>cherry-pick
>verb
>gerund or present participle: cherrypicking
>selectively choose (the most beneficial or profitable items, opportunities, etc.) from what is available.

In this context it would be you picking out the common pokemon that can be found anywhere as that's beneficial to your argument while ignoring the ones that go against it like the ones that require specifics.
>>
Fuck I thought that tweet was about Smogon for a second there. Still fits.
>>
>>27444566
seriously, these people call themselves /vp/oreons
>>
>>27447428
u must live in nowheresville. theres hundreds every fri and sat downtown.
>>
File: image.jpg (107KB, 750x891px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107KB, 750x891px
>>27444454
CEO OF NIANTIC HACKED BY BRAZILLIANS

HIS PASS WAS "nopass"
>>
>>27448198
That reminds me, I need to grind the stops in my town.
>>
>>27446448
Sure, back when the game was in a fun playable state.
>>
>>27448204
I don't think even you understand what the definition is saying. The use of it implies (based on the definition saying that you "only take the best or most profitable") that you are taking something that is not the majority example. Another definition that's more clear from merriam-webster is "to choose only the best
people or things in a way that is not fair (usually in continuous tenses)". The implication of the idiom isn't to imply that someone who says "most of x is y" are cherry-picking even if x isn't always y. That's not how it works.
>>
>>27446603
>No gyroscope
That has nothing to do with anything dumbass
>>
>>27445497
>ghost pokemon spawn in cemetaries
>fire pokemon spawn in deserts/fire stations
>People actually think Niantic were good enough to make the game as detailed as that
>>
>>27446435
The fix is taking it out for an indefinite amount of time. We were waiting for them to fix it, and they just give up, and remove all other tracking options.
>>
I noticed that pokemon 99.9% of the time spawn in a specific location. For example, everytime I walk by a certain house, there are always pokemon nearby it.
>>
>>27446542
Maybe, but my main complaint is that I can't find ANYTHING around me, or if it pops up, I have 10 minutes to try and run around to find it, but never will. I live in a densely populated area with tons of shit around, but no pokemon or stops for at least 5 miles in each direction. That's not as far as some people, but I don't want to walk that in the summer, and driving for this game might be okay for a week, but not always.
>>
>>27446603
it uses gps not gyroscope
>>
>>27448232
Brazil was a mistake
>>
>>27446648
No they don't. It was back then the game released, but I read that Nitanic said it's just an aesthetic thing. Didn't save the place, just kept using the step tracker back then.
>>
File: laugh cate collage.png (268KB, 332x313px) Image search: [Google]
laugh cate collage.png
268KB, 332x313px
>There are people who are actually defending Niantic
>>
>>27448271
>that you are taking something that is not the majority example.
For the last time, cherry picking in this context has nothing to do with majority or minority. Just what's the best for the person doing it.

This is a simple enough concept to wrap your head around.
What part of the definitions even imply that "best" and "majority" are mutually exclusive?
>>
>taking le dog for a walk
>venasaur appears 5th on nearby list
>walk ten feet
>jumps to second
>"I must be moving in the right direction!
>keep walking in that direction for ten minutes
>list doesn't change
>turn around and start walking back
>venasaur suddenly jumps to first place even though I'm literally retracing my steps
>stays in first all the way back and then disappears off the list completely

Was that supposed to be fun?...
>>
>>27448340
Dead end of a nearby street always has 3-4 Pokemon at the back. One is always evolved.
>>
>>27447283
You mean the 'nearby' list? So anywhere within 100m of ANYWHERE I've been since I booted up the game? Oh, but if I reboot, it's blank again?
>>
>>27448232
What?
>>
>>27448271
Are you retarded?
Who said something can't be good and still be in the majority?
>>
>>27448367
Because when someone is saying "the majority of x is y" and it actually IS, it isn't cherrypicking. By that definition, almost everything ever would be cherrypicking because almost nothing functions in black and white absolutes. This could be cherrypicking right now because there probably are a few things that do. That is an absolutely absurd way to interpret that. The usageo f the phrase at all inherently implies the use of a minority as proof of something whilst ignoring proof to the contrary.
>>
>>27444454
>One of their devs spoke out with one tweet
Exept he isnt a dev
>>
>>27448400
I live at one, with nothing spawning ever. Been to others around me, nothing. I have to go to a nearby park to get about 5 or 6 for the day.
>>
>>27448423
Who said that somebody said something CAN'T be good and still in the majority?
>>
>>27448358
Did it release in Brazil?
Might as well spoof to see what they got there
>>
>>27448459
This anon >>27448427
>>
>>27444454
>have to catch multiple pokemon of the same type and throw them into the candy grinder to evolve/power up
It was doomed from the start.
>>
>>27448476
Where does it say that? Can you quote it? Like exactly that or even something implying it?
>>
>>27448397
You're just having fun incorrectly - Niantic
>>
>>27448479
This system is so shitty, like wow. It was even worse when I realized you needed candy to level u ptoo. I thoguht you could level up with candy OR dust, but you actually need both, like what the fuck. How the fuck ate you supposed to train some of these rarer pokemon. Even starters are a fucking nightmare to evolve and level up.
>>
>>27448329
Yeah, I read that it's based off of Ingress XM spawn points. Probably bullshit, but this game isn't random with spawns for sure.
>>
>>27446865
Toyko is all kinds of fucked right now, none of the streets show up
>>
>>27448462
I think that's why they did this in the first place. Every Niantic tweet was/is drowning in BRBRBR spam asking for the game
>>
If you're upset with the updates, Tate the game poorly in your App Store and explain why. Post on social media and me ton Niantic directly. They won't change a thing if people simply keep on playing. Let them see you're upset.
>>
>>27446825
they worked during the beta and during the first two weeks of the games release.

Don't generalize shit you apparently know nothing about.
>>
>>27446911
You aren't 40 unless you spent money or used a GPS spoofer. Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>27448427
Is this supposed to be the part where I laugh at you for talking in absolutes while berating talking in absolutes?
Because it's just coming off as pathetic.
Also you still haven't pointed to a point that implies the positive can't be the majority instead you've gone off on a completely unrelated tangent.

Hell the point of this argument is proof of that you're only cherry picking the pokemon that are extremely common because it's the best for your argument meanwhile the room/floor specific pokemon are being ignored because it completely invalidates your argument of the Pokedex showing exact locations.

As I said before this is a simple concept to grasp.
You could even sum it up as quality over quantity if you want.
>>
>>27448601
>You aren't 40 unless you spent money or used a GPS spoofer. Shut the fuck up.
Lucky Eggs and such can be reset using the phone's clock. Turn it back and you get more time and massive XP.
Also Eggs in general give a hell of a lot of XP as well as actually doing gyms.
>>
A 200 CP pidgey should not break out of 5 "great" thrown curveballs and then run away

Fuck you Niantic, you could have had it all and you blew it.
>>
>>27448668
So I didn't actually say that anywhere and now you had to type all this shit to hide that point. I don't even know where the positive/negative thing came from. I never said anything had to be good or bad. Just the intention of idiom is clear and that you're interpretation of it makes no practical sense as every argument about how much of x is y would be cherry picking at that point.
>>
So not only are footprints gone, but so is my transfer button. What do i do?
>>
File: season17.png (2MB, 1928x1328px) Image search: [Google]
season17.png
2MB, 1928x1328px
>>27448713
>when someone below level 20 tries to tell you "git gud scrub" as to why it takes so many pokeballs
>>
>>27448696
turning back the clock doesn't work. if your time doesnt sync with the server's time, then nothing will happen on your screen at all. That means no pokemon spawns, even while using lures/incense.
>>
>>27448736
Uninstall and rid yourself of this cancer.
>>
>>27448750
Huh, maybe they patched it out then.
>>
Died faster than I thought it would, though it was inevitable. I welcome it's death.
>>
I don't think I'm going to be playing this game in a month, let alone til December. Is it even worth me trying to find a perfect IV whatever? If it's only 7-10% better at the end of the game, and I'm not going to reach the end of the game, is there any reason to why I shouldn't just use my 85% IV ones? Will I notice any difference in the time I play?
>>
What annoys me the most is how instead of working with these third party devs to come up with a solution that both works to help people locate Pokemon, but also doesn't skirt over the boundaries of cheating. They've decided to close it off entirely, despite not even having their own fixed.

What would be best is if sites like Pokevision could carry on doing what they do, just being less specific about where the pokemon are, it could even work as an app so you didnt ever have to have pokemon go open until you were nearby a pokemon. You'd simply walk around as normal, your phone would vibrate when you're within 100m of a pokemon. You pull your phone out, it tells you which ones and so you then decide to go hunting for it or not.

Simple, clean, and could've been done with the API third party sites until they manage to fix the three step glitch.

(ps - if any of you live near Niantic Labs, you should apply to be their Global Community Manager, there's a job offer on their page, and jesus h christ do they need someone working their social media right now.)
>>
File: 1385605876298.png (8KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1385605876298.png
8KB, 300x300px
Is jolteon any good yet? Are ANY of the electric types in this game good? Or do I have to get an exeggutor if I want any hope of taking down all the water and psychic types in my area?
>>
>>27448853

this.

they nerfed water but they didnt even bother to do anything with electric.

fucking sucks, my 1100CP Raichu is still shit
>>
>>27448715
>So I didn't actually say that anywhere and now you had to type all this shit to hide that point.
The irony because that's what you did in your previous post. You typed out a text wall to dance around the point.
I mean you still haven't found a point in any definition that backs up your interpretation.

>I don't even know where the positive/negative thing came from.
Best and worst for your argument can be called a negative or positive point. For example the common pokemon are positive for you while the specific ones are a negative. Same goes for good and bad.

>Just the intention of idiom is clear and that you're interpretation of it makes no practical sense
It does if you know what you're talking about which you clearly don't.
Your interpretation relies on the fact that something being the best for you can't be in the majority when the two aren't mutually exclusive and can occur at the same time.

You can't view things like that anon especially when your argument has been demolished by the minority.
Basically arguments don't work by the numbers like you think it does.
>>
>>27448842
>apply to Niantic
No thanks. I value my career.
>>
>people at all surprised at Niantic's response

Gamefreak has been doing this for years, but it's less noticeable because they've reluctantly softened up over the gens. But otherwise it's still the same thing of expecting to just coast on the success of the Pokemon branding instead of actually polishing the software and the infrastructure of the games.
>>
>>27448764
It's never been like that. I thought the same at first when I tried the same trick during the first week or two during the release. I saw incense swirling around me but no Pokemon were coming. It's a purely cosmetic thing and the things affected during that time stay only at that time because it registers with the servers when used.

It's why you can't go back and rehatch an egg, at the exact time you hatched the egg.
>>
>>27448967
At least the mainline games come out without any major bugs. And they don't push out a patch two weeks in that removes a major feature.
>>
>>27449082
>At least the mainline games come out without any major bugs.

Didn't XY have that save-breaking Lumiose bug, and didn't they have to ban Sky Drop from Gen V online due to a glitch with that move that would crash the game?
>>
>>27449082
>At least the mainline games come out without any major bugs
>what is gen 1 and gen 6
>>
>>27449082
That's only true form gen III and on though, and even then they have had some pretty serious ones like the Lumiose Save glich in later games.
>>
>>27449101
>and didn't they have to ban Sky Drop from Gen V online due to a glitch with that move that would crash the game?
It didn't crash the game but made the afflicted Pokemon invincible or something.
>>
>>27449136
Just looked it up and it was the opposite.
The Pokemon is completely helpless until it's KO'd
>>
>>27448905
Going "no, you, you did it first, you started it" is absolutely childish and I can't believe you keep doing it. I didn't "dance around" any point, and even if I had it doesn't make the fact that you did it any less true. That's why doing the "no, you" thing doesn't work. The definition you posted, and the second definition I found when I searched from merriam-webster was more clear on the intention of the idiom, but the point is still clear from the usage and intention of the one you posted.

What's "best" is best based on who's making the argument. I still have no clue where in the world you're getting "what's best can't be in the majority" from anything I'm saying. I dont' even know what you mean. There is no implication anywhere that I thought that because it makes no sense with anything I'm saying, and I think if there was you'd have quoted it considering all the quotes you did just now. I can't even wrap my head around what you even mean. The argument someone initially made was that "the majority of Pokemon have their exact location found in the Pokedex", someone else said that was "cherry picking" because there are some Pokemon that you can't. I don't understand what this has to do with what you're saying about me saying the best can't in the majority. Wouldn't the "best" in the context of this argument (that being the one that affirms it) be that most Pokemon are found exactly by the Pokedex be the majority? No argument has been "demolished by the minority" when the argument was "most Pokemon are found by the Pokedex by their exact location easily" and the minority was "some Pokemon aren't". That makes no sense.
>>
>>27449179
Tldr
>>
>>27446410
Same here. I caught a my first Gastly next to a river last night
>>
>>27445810
>No other countries play Marco Polo
Absolutely no way I can believe this.
>>
File: 1469539820936.jpg (18KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1469539820936.jpg
18KB, 600x600px
>>27445694
(You)
>>
>>27447276
>DeNA
DeNA JP or DeNA Global?
t. FFRK fag
>>
>>27449298
If they do, chances are they call it something else and would have no idea "Marco Polo" refers to the same thing. There's nothing in the name "Marco Polo" that gives even the slightest kind of indication what the fuck it is unless you already know.

I'm pretty sure you play Can's Running in America too, but I have no idea what you call it, and I'm also sure you have no fucking clue what game I'm referring to either.
>>
>>27444532
>this massive success was a mistake.
I don't even play GO and I know this is bait.
>>
>>27446586
The biggest appeal of this game is it's a free ap that's all.
>>
>>27449374
Sounds like Kick the Can
>>
>>27447276
because it gave them access to Ingress's location database and Google Maps' API so they could rely on existing work.
>>
>>27449419
Can's Running is similar to hide-and-seek except whomever's it has a "home base" called the "can" and when they spot someone they have to run back to the can and touch it while calling out the hider's name to knock them out of the game. Meanwhile the hiders are trying to sneak up on the can and touch it themselves. If a hider touches the can, that person wins, and if the person who's "it" finds everyone and knocks them out, that person wins.

Is that the same? I have no idea what Kick the Can is.
>>
>>27447595
People like that are the reason that Chernobyl happened. Literally. Look it up. They're more evil than Hitler. At least his actions only affected 6 millions people.
>>
>>27449504
Yeah, that's called Kick the Can.

No idea why you called it something wrong.
>>
>>27449545
Because it's called Can's Running here and that's literally the only name I've ever known it under?
>>
>>27448955
but John will share his tendies with you.
>>
>>27449558
Well, now you know what it's actually called, so get that shit fixed.
>>
>>27449595
well fuck if you say so
>>
>>27449504
We called that manhunt.
>>
>>27449179
I have a question, whereabouts are you from and on a scale of 1 to 10 how well is your understanding of English?
>>
>>27449764
>well
Fucking phone
>>
File: fun to feed.png (5KB, 125x121px) Image search: [Google]
fun to feed.png
5KB, 125x121px
>go could've been retardedly successful
>is now going to be a fad that lasted less than 1 month due to incompetence
>>
>>27449793
You honestly think that less than 10% of the userbase is going to crash this game?
When there are still people flooding around Pokespot clusters?
>>
>>27446911
shitty bait, have to be botting to the extreme right now to be level 40.
>>
>>27448232
Wew lad
>>
>>27449826
>bait
Literally git fit
>>
>People said the game would die because interest would go down
>The cause of this was completely different then what was said
I know a lot of people said it would die but I didn't think it would be because of Niantic itself
>>
>>27446578
QFT.

That said, removing the footprints entirely was a dick move.

>>27448397
Yeah, the list order's been busted for as long as the footprints have been.

>>27448579
Nothing he says contradicts what you said.

>>27448736
It's in the lower-right menu button.
>>
>>27449395
It's a success brought by a retarded playerbase and phenomena that isn't any better than the selfie mania, ice bucket challenge and other shitty trends we had in past like planking, people playing the chicken game with trains and twerking.

It's more of a negative advertising for TPC, seruously, the collaboration with the wester company such as Google was a mistake.
They have no ethics in spreading pokestops and gyms around the cities without thinking twice about cemeteries, national and war monuments, religious places and private properties. They were only forced to do so after public and customers complaints.

Not only the landmine areas, but also WW2 nuke memorials and even the fucking restricted and no go areas around the Fukushima nuclear plant had pokestops and gyms.

Some of my relatives are also complaining about the costant noises under their windows at night due to retards catching pixels outdoors because they happen to live in a decently dense in monuments, buildings and squares area.
Not to mention several casuals joining the ride because of PGO being a free app.

I feel like Pokemon GO did more negative damage and advertising to TPG than positive views to its image.

Not to forget all the data Google will receive from you once again, doubt people who already use Facebook will care tho.
>>
>>27450387
You are literally retarded and have no idea how anything in Go was made.
And as they say, there's no such thing as bad publicity.
>>
>>27445497

M8..
>>
>>27450458
oh boy
those two lines sure showed me

>there's no such thing as bad publicity.

enjoy your call outs from the public and trials like with the kadabra guy
enjoy more censorship for some pokemon like porygon

TPC always cared about these issues, they did censorship for less such as the earthquake themed pokemon episodes or the ship sinking during the korean titanic period

they had to change registeel sprites, bellossom and jynx's skin color

you are just being overdefensive over a mediocre game that despite its success has launched another retarded trend among the people

you can even deny it but it's a fact at this point

i stand with any administration and government that decides to ban this app from their cities or countries
>>
>>27450525
>these things that boosted Pokemon's popularity and made it well known across the world did it harm!
You honestly have no idea how things work do you.

Plus half of this has nothing to do with what you were trying to say to begin with.
>>
And where's your source that they are supposedly having conflicts?

Just running your mouth about a tweet?
>>
I don't play go, what happened?
>>
>>27450877
>claims TPC and Nintendo don't care about the people's reaction and issues regarding their products
>i prove the opposite
oy vey, this is another argument

also
>ignoring all the retarded episodes featuring the go players like clashes, accidents, car accidents, disrespectful pokestops, pokemon go porn selfies and so on. data collecting

y-you clearly don't know
pokemon go is so amazing, muh free mobile game
>>
>>27451081
Idiocy. On all sides.
>>
>>27451081
Niantic is taking down the plane with no survivors

Basically Niantic is Bane, but a dumber version
>>
>>27451081
Basically Niantic is getting all the third-party trackers (for finding Pokemon) out of the business even before having fixed their own broken tracking system.
>>
>>27448232
These lame faggots could've done a lot better t b h. (We don't want blacks etc. playing our app)
>>
>>27451081
Imagine you're playing Gen 1, only instead of Kanto, the game map is the size of the entire world.

Now imagine that only specific tiles will spawn an encounter at any given time. And the encounters are entirely random with no real logic behind them. You can find a Diglett out in the middle of the ocean for instance.

Now also imagine you have no idea where those tiles are, and they aren't common. And even if you manage to find one, it's almost definitely going to be a Pidgey or Weedle. You have no idea what's in the area whatsoever.

Oh, and sometimes catching a Pokemon crashes the game and occasionally your save data just gets entirely wiped for no reason.
>>
>>27444454
They removed footprints????
>>
>>27451081
Let's say a squirtle would be at a fire station 100 meters away from you. Your game would have a nearby tab saying there's a squirtle about 2 footsteps away from you and if you went the wrong way, it would go further down to 3, and if you got closer, it would go up to 1 footprint left until you eventually encountered it. A little game of hot or cold so you can find these rare Pokemon catches. Pokemon on the nearby tab could be anywhere from 1 meter away to ~150-200, and footsteps would indicate how big of a difference that is.

Footprints got removed. So now if you see a goddamned wild dragonite on your nearby tab, it's anywhere from 1 meter away to 200 meters away and you have no way of telling where that is.
>>
>>27445497
Stupid frogposter.
>>
>>27444878
>Today, I heard my sister talking about how enormously stupid it is that you have no idea where anything is now

As opposed to before, when the footprint system was 10/10?
>>
>>27451512
No, as opposed to before where you could at least use a third-party app to locate them since their shit was broken.
>>
>>27447543
>House Mystic

Dear god, I never though super autism was possible, yet here we are
>>
>>27445285
underrated post
>>
File: image.jpg (136KB, 640x470px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136KB, 640x470px
>>27444454
They need to partner with someone with more resources and strong management, not only they are overwhelmed they showed they have trouble reaching and listening their audience.
They used work with Google so that could be an option. Foursquare/swarm is uses local "check ins" so working with them might be interesting.
But what the engine in reality for the game is the player's local community/city. So somewhat like how ingress used user submitted locations, pogo should partly user-driven to keep stability.
Other it's just way to much content to control at once for Niantic and too much to promise.
>>
How far away was three footprints, anyway? What was the effective radius that the game scanned for potential encounters?
>>
>>27448873
>Raichu

Great taste desu
>>
>>27451754
1 kilometer.
>>
>>27446578
I've walked 8 km today and seen one Pokemon. You'd have a point if there were just Pokemon everywhere. You must live in a privileged location. Without a means to track Pokemon, there is nothing to do in this game except hatch eggs and camp at lures
>>
>>27451771
Nobody dislikes Raichu.
>>
>>27451801
I just watched the indigo episode with Raichu, he's a big guy
>>
>>27451826
For chu
>>
File: image.jpg (128KB, 750x580px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128KB, 750x580px
BREAKING:
this shitstorm has become a shit-typhoon
>>
>>27451892
People going after niantic like Hillarys emails n shit
>>
File: ripthisnerd.jpg (20KB, 236x305px) Image search: [Google]
ripthisnerd.jpg
20KB, 236x305px
>>27447543
>that cringe AGoT shirt
bet he only watches the show
>>
>>27451892
tippest kok
>>
>>27451892
ids habeding :DDDD
>>
So how do I find pokemon?

Only things that pop up by chance, there's no way to track this snorlax for example.

And pokemon in here doesn't work like the game, there's no route 1.
>>
File: vietnam.png (279KB, 798x505px) Image search: [Google]
vietnam.png
279KB, 798x505px
>>27451892
Kek.

But would Apple really strike down such a giant cash cow for their own pockets?
>>
>>27452061
Besides Google having a past with niantic...
Is that even a question?
>>
>>27445285
underrated post
>>
File: 1468725209762.png (223KB, 601x850px) Image search: [Google]
1468725209762.png
223KB, 601x850px
>wife is super excited about pokemon go
>sends her in resume
>now this happens

I'm not feeling good about this. Giving up her current job for a possible flash in the pan company.
>>
>>27452054
Congratulations, now you know why everyone is bitching! Come join the rest players while the app's popularity crashes and burns like trains in Crush, Texas
>>
>>27452054
You go outside and blindly look around I guess? I kind of compared Pokevision to a watered down RNG abuse method; both use external methods without directly manipulating the data to pinpoint where something you want is, both still gives the player an unrequited edge because both methods will let players accumulate better Pokemon faster than someone who is blindly encountering wild Pokemon/blindly walking around hoping they're going in the right direction.
>>
>>27452217
better save up money
>>
>>27452337
Pokemon spawn miles apart this shit is literally impossible.
You can just run around in the grass in the games and something will spawn every 3 seconds.
>>
>>27452217
so don't quit it's not like she is hired
>>
>>27452396
I understand the difference between lazily clicking a button and physically traveling, they can't be compared. I just compared the methods they use; which is both pinpointing the data for you rather than you stumbling upon it yourself. And discovery and going outside is kind of the point of Pokemon GO? Even if you don't like it- which I also understand how you wouldn't like it and how it can be unfair. They need to develop better/easier methods, because it's not fun sitting there with hundreds of a single Pokemon.
>>
File: 1251338009612.jpg (71KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1251338009612.jpg
71KB, 512x384px
>make biggest app of all time

>don't fix problems with it
>outright ignore your audience
>host a comic con panel where the Nerdist guy pats your back for 30 minutes, then you answer retarded questions from 12 year olds, then you show some artwork, then when people are literally shouting about the most broken part of your app, you say "yea we're working on it" and call it a night

>liberally apply a hacksaw to your app's features
>shut down websites that alleviate your app's broken/missing features
>continue ignoring your audience

Holy shit, it's like they HATE making infinite money!
>>
>>27448287
I believe in the code of the game there are cemetary and desert designations. Also electric pokemon spawn nearby transformers.
>>
>>27445800
I get an errno 2 when typing in the final line of code, saying that no such file or directory, any ideas?
>>
File: 1469641786924.jpg (34KB, 431x455px) Image search: [Google]
1469641786924.jpg
34KB, 431x455px
>>27445497
>not once ever found any ghost pokemon spawn near the cemetery I pass by whenever I leave the house
>visit the hospital one day
>two Ghastlys
>>
>>27451892
Its over Pokemon GO is finished!
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 500x550px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 500x550px
>>27447543
Maybe it can be a remind of what happened so they won't fuck up they same way
>>
>>27448073
Yes it does, unless you're saying they took that out too.
>>
File: image.jpg (297KB, 2120x1192px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
297KB, 2120x1192px
>>27452738
Well unless my earlier post
>>27451738
But now worried there might be legal issues that people might not want to associate with them, but there they know there is money to be had and a desperate company.
>>
>>27447543
I really hope they get shot by bloods
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 599x825px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 599x825px
>>27450525
>>
>>27444454
I heard that pokevision was just calling niantic apis. How come they aren't able to detect that the api calls aren't from their apps? I'm curious how these sites are able to keep appearing? Are they reverse engineering from the code?
>>
>>27453686
yeah
this looks like a solid argument, buddy
>>
Fuck now I'm going to have to communicate with other humans to find where Pokemon are, time to an hero
>>
>>27452061
Considering that people are getting refunds from GO purchases through Apple (which each purchase they take a small percentage of) Its more than certain Apple is going to want to do something about it now that they are losing revenue from the app.
>>
File: 20160726_230102.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160726_230102.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>27447587
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.