[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people shiny hunt?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (124KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
124KB, 1280x720px
Why do people shiny hunt for money? Is it autism?

I just bought a flash card and am going to have all of the old pokemon games with cheat codes. I can turn on 1 cheat code that makes normal shiny encounters legit.

While these shiny hunters waste 6 hours a day putting up a facade just to hype up their viewers, fake reactions, and get their money.

This is why the USA is fucked.

Shit educational institutions
Vidya game cucks
Obese beta fags

Don't shiny hunt. Always cheat. It's just not worth the wasted time to waste 40 hours running into grass 5000 times just for a shiny caterpie.

Please fucking tell me you guys agree...
>>
File: Do the woomy!.gif (4MB, 422x317px) Image search: [Google]
Do the woomy!.gif
4MB, 422x317px
Do the woomy!
>>
I agree that YouTube should remove all video revenue and TPCi should stop allowing let's plays so we can rid of the cancer that is streaming video games. You are a faggot if you regularly watch other people play games
>>
>>27443052
>Why do people shiny hunt for money?
>for money

There
>>
>>27443052
>Why do people shiny hunt for money?
Why does this thread exist again?
>>
>Why do people do X for money
Is it really that hard to figure out?
>>
>>27443052
better question would be why do people watch it and enable them to do it for money?
>>
>>27443052
DER IT IS DER IT IS OMG OMG!!!one!one
>>
Better yet, why shiny hunt at all when a single hacked shiny invalidates it's worth
>>
>>27443052
Maybe because it's therapeutic for us? Autism? Sure. Your business or problem? Nope. Don't get on a high horse either. You're on a 4chan board dedicated to a kids game just like us.
Also >I have a cheating device I can do anything you do fairly faster, I'm so cool

Wew.
>>
>>27443652
Not really. Eye of the beholder. I'm not one to have a problem with people who gen in order to battle faster, but taking pride in genned mons is beyond autistic.
>>
For money, yes. However I doubt it's profitable seeing how much a minimum wage job pays
>>
>>27443052
>top 5 most epic shiny reactions
YouTube was a mistake.
>>
>>27443690
Taking pride in 'legit' mon is even more autistic.

>>27443666
Nice strawman.
>>
>>27443695
YouTube and twitch are tricky mistresses
>>
>>27443713
Considering you need about 10k views for 5 bucks. I really doubt it's profitable for the amount of time they shiny hunt.
>>
>>27443706
Not really, at least legit mons had time and effort put into them. Again, I have no problem with genned mons, they have the same stats as any other perfectly bred one, but don't pretend you're superior when in actuality you are TECHNICALLY cheating.
>>
>>27443133
>I agree that the NFL should remove all merch and NCAA should stop allowing people to play Football outside so that we can get rid of the cancer that is unprofessional football. You are a faggot if you regularly watch other people play Football.
>>
Its autism maybe, but lack of purpose for sure
>>
>>27443723
Well that's why shiny hunting on YouTube has blown up since 6th gen. With lower odds and methods like FS, Chain fishing, shiny charms, it's easier than ever to find one and put a video online. It's not about quality finds anymore, it's about quantity.
>>
>>27443723
Donations and subscriptions add up. You can also partner with a network who will give you a paycheck independent of how well your stream does anyway.
>>
>>27443753
People that think gamea are akin to sport are idiots. You dont have to train regularly to play video games, and theyre not free for the most part.
>>
>>27443052
>>27443603
>>27443652
>>27443706
>>27443770

>"I don't see the purpose in this, so it's AUTOMATICALLY autistic. Now let me go back to sitting in my mother's basement while posting on 4chan about how people doing something they enjoy makes my 2 inch penis limp"
>>
>>27443830
sports and video games are entertainment. If you can do something, people will want to watch. People watch cooking shows. FUCKING COOKING. I find no joy in that but people do it.
>video games aren't free
>implying that playing sports is free
>implying thousands of dollars doesn't go into a sports budget at school
>implying it isn't a fucking hefty cost to get certain people to get into a team
>implying that everything in the NFL for players is free
>>
>>27443052
You're underage or autistic if you can't understand why people do things for money.
>>
>>27443133
Thank you
>>
>>27443839
Learn what autism is

http://www.autism.org.uk/about/behaviour/obsessions-repetitive-routines.aspx

http://www.autism-help.org/autism-repetitive-behaviors.htm
>>
>>27443878
Theyre entertainment for different reasons, and cooking shows actually improve your cooking.

Sports doesnt requier Internet.

Only in America is sports school budget ao high.

Nfl can be played by anyone anywhere, games can only be played on computers, and mainly on official servers
>>
>>27443878
Cooking makes more sense then video games, its an art not autistic childrens toys, should we watch streamed fkn lego too?
>>
>>27444000
there are people who watch legos being used to build things. you proved my point
>>
>>27443135
>>27443140

It's a rhetorical question used to get you to think about human behavior.

These people have video game addictions.
>>
>>27443753

>comparing sports to video games

Nice one cuckboi
>>
>>27444014
But anon, you didn't have a point.
>>
File: 1464206848256.gif (3MB, 190x200px) Image search: [Google]
1464206848256.gif
3MB, 190x200px
>>27443968
>Only in America is sports school budget ao high.
>>
>>27443749
>not really
Yes really.

>>27443795
>You can also partner with a network who will give you a paycheck independent of how well your stream does anyway.
That doesn't sound profitable.

>>27443839
Nice strawman
>>
>>27443052
>cheat codes
>legit shiny encounters

Wew lad you might wanna polish up on PID generation first
>>
>>27444118
Its true though, you turn your athletes into unpaid slaves while the schoops reap money. And the investment into teams is too high.
>>
>>27444000
Youtube videos of people showing off cool Lego creations are a hell of a lot more watchable than shiny hunts
>>
>>27443701

this desu sempai
>>
>>27443052
I agree, it is shitty to shiny hunt for money, but is it okay to simply stream gameplay???
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.