[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TCG - an actual OP edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 18

File: CiMhDnnUkAAl1rb.jpg (98KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
CiMhDnnUkAAl1rb.jpg
98KB, 600x512px
New? Start with these
>http://i.imgur.com/HoY1IaG.jpg (embed) (embed)
>http://pastebin.com/gPEnw6GW (embed) (embed)

How to progress in PTCGO, tl;dr edition:
>complete all Trainer Challenges (Cheat Engine's speedhack strongly recommended to speed up AI games)
>play through using Basic decks to unlock them for versus play
>farm Versus Mode theme ladder for Tokens and Tournament Tickets
>Enter Theme format tournaments whenever possible
>enter Standard/Expanded ticket tournaments and accept that you'll lose
>you'll get tradable tournament chests and sometimes tradable packs
>DON'T OPEN THEM
>Instead, trade them for the cards you actually want for a deck you want to build, most cards go for like 1-3 packs each.
>Public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers.
>if you don't know what deck you want to build yet, see http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/tcg-competitive-play.156/ or check out tournament results for a list of viable decks http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/state-province-championships-2016/decks/week-four/

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth, look on the PTCGO forums in the trading section. Top Cut & other big trading companies will typically overprice cards, expect to get lower
>http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/33-in-game-item-exchange/ <-- dead link

Tips for Code Giveaways:
>Post them as an image with the QR code covered. Don't just post it as plain text because of bots lurking threads

OLD: >>27369672

ToTT: Is Steam Siege worth it?
>>
File: mewtwo.jpg (306KB, 325x450px) Image search: [Google]
mewtwo.jpg
306KB, 325x450px
I got this card in the online, is it worth anything?

I get offered 1 pack at most.
>>
File: madness.jpg (93KB, 747x1328px) Image search: [Google]
madness.jpg
93KB, 747x1328px
>>27442964
pokemonprices has it's average at $5, which is about one physical booster. Not sure if that's helpful

Guys I think I may have a problem
>>
>>27443423
>Guys I think I may have a problem
Playing a card game made for children wasn't your first clue?
>>
>>27443432
>Playing
It's even worse, I'm just trying to fill muh binder
>>
>>27443470
Go collect Gen I stuff or Pokemon ex from Gen III then. This crap is going to be worthless in a few years.
>>
>>27443484
Nah, generation cards are probably going to retain more value than most of the gen 3 stuff
>>
File: KXS.jpg (52KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
KXS.jpg
52KB, 554x439px
>>27443647
>A REPRINT set is going to be more valuable than cards that have retained their value over a decade

Your funeral.
>>
>>27443647
No, Evolutions will retain value because of nostalgia. Not Generations.
>>
>>27442964
That Mewtwo EX is trash, you want the other (Red) one.
>>
File: charizard-stormfront-sf-103.jpg (160KB, 600x825px) Image search: [Google]
charizard-stormfront-sf-103.jpg
160KB, 600x825px
>>27444329
Doubtful. The least valuable Charizard is the one from Stormfront, and everyone thought that one was going to be worth something.

It's even less valuable than the theme deck non-foil Legendary Collection Charizard.
>>
>>27444401
>It's even less valuable than the theme deck non-foil Legendary Collection Charizard.
That's largely because everything from Legendary Collection is expensive as all fuck. That set didn't stay on shelves for very long.
>>
>>27444646
It's still less valuable than Base Set 2 Charizard, which is saying something because of how much people hated Base Set 2.
>>
If you ever buy packs off of ebay, how many do you usually buy?
>>
>>27444972
You are better off buying a sealed box or packs from your local retailer.
ebay packs are usually from people that buy a box, weight the packs to pull the holo and ultra rares and then sell the packs that are left with bad pulls

each box has 36 packs and comes with 12 packs with holo/ultra rares.
its easy to weight them to figure out wich are those 12 packs and sell the remaining 24 packs with crap on them
>>
>>27445098
I'm not buying, I'm selling and I'm not going to weigh them.
>>
Steam Siege is the first set since Ancient Origins which has EXs that I can have fun using. May actually get a booster box for it. Anyone got info on pull rates for it yet? I just want to make the meme volcanion EX / torchic deck os badly
>>
File: autism.png (45KB, 526x522px) Image search: [Google]
autism.png
45KB, 526x522px
How deep does your autism go /tcg/?

>binder organized by sets, card #
>second page added for dupes
>spreadsheet for card count

Is there an Excel function that would calculate the number of duplicates while accounting for the cards I don't have?
>>
>>27446552
I double sleeve commons.
>>
>>27446552
>How deep does your autism go /tcg/?
I actually play the TCG
>>
Tell me about your TCG mechanic that got away

>Delta Species never again
>>
How many packs should I offer for Celebi Prime? I see insane offers on both sides of the spectrum
>>
>>27447119
I just called the cops you sicko
>>
File: XYP_EN_XY43.png (198KB, 245x342px) Image search: [Google]
XYP_EN_XY43.png
198KB, 245x342px
>>
File: XY10_EN_72.png (209KB, 245x342px) Image search: [Google]
XY10_EN_72.png
209KB, 245x342px
>>
>>27447553
I would've said Dual Types but they just came back.

So as soon as Steam Siege rotates out, Dual Types.
>>
>>27448001
>>27448024
???
>>
got 4 of these bad boys. finally can rustle some Ex spammers with my fighting deck.

Zygarde Ex is also good, yes? I'm trying to get them.
>>
>>27448001
>>27448024
Yes, they're both shit, what's your point?
>>
File: sumifcountif.png (34KB, 683x185px) Image search: [Google]
sumifcountif.png
34KB, 683x185px
>>27446552
Not sure if anyone uses a spreadsheet to keep up with their cards or cares but an anon from /g/ helped me out. The sumif function is for counting total duplicates and the countif function is for counting missing cards.
>>
>>27448260
What makes Zygarde EX good exactly?
>>
>>27448437
just looking for something to replace my lucario

been out of the loop for like 3 months and I got to say thay I like this new carbink meme. guy even summoned Ex with hoopa :^)
>>
File: s-l225.jpg (18KB, 225x219px) Image search: [Google]
s-l225.jpg
18KB, 225x219px
Druddigon looks cool. I want clawitzer for my ex deck.
>>
>>27443423
I feel your pain, anon.

Even worse, cause I'm about to lose my source of income, and my country's economy is going down the sink. So I know the last set I'll probably be able to buy something is Steam Siege...Help me.
>>
woah almost lost ya there bud.
>>
Why is pokemonprices so shit?
>>
>>27449094
Literally just move to the US, or maybe Canada
>>
>>27451649
You mean shit as in dirt cheap or bullshit that's too high?
>>
>>27451694
Just shit information

>looking up Sylveon EX
>2 variants, RC21 and RC32
>RC32 not only has the RC21 art listed, but RC21 sale price listings
>>
File: deck.png (797KB, 848x642px) Image search: [Google]
deck.png
797KB, 848x642px
How's this for a deck? I'm pretty new to teambuilding
>>
>>27452723
Scrap the whole thing
>>
>>27442699
Whats the best way to sell card?
I pulled Volcanion EX and a FA version today, and I want to sell them since they probably won't be played.
>>
>>27452723
Start over
Are you trying to play Gyarados, Water Toolbox, what?
Decide what your goal is instead of just throwing in cards 'cause they're the same type
>>
>>27452723
Generally one-ofs in evolution lines are terrible ideas due to the prize system. What if Barboach gets prized? Both Whiscash would then become absolutely useless. And if you're in a situation where you have nothing usable in your hand, you draw your next card, and it ends up as Whiscash? You just lose.

Other than the Pokemon focus though, you have the right idea on trainer cards and energy levels. You might want to cut down a bit of the water depending on what your final Pokemon lineup ends up being. Excessive energies in your hand don't do much in most builds since you can only attach one energy per turn.

Basically you've got the skeleton down, just work on the meat a bit more. You want consistency. 2-4 of most of your Pokemon.
>>
>>27445154
Well, good luck. Your market for the most part won't trust you and thinks you did weigh them even if you didn't.
>>
I played this card game when the first edition was a thing and we had the gameboy games.

Which basic stuff I need to know to return to the game?

It's 4 copies of the same pokemon per deck? Can I use any number of legendaries on it?
>>
>>27454541
>Can I use any number of legendaries on it?
Legendary/mythical status is basically irrelevant. Some are great, some are worthless. There are no rules specific to them that don't apply to other cards.
>>
>>27454541
Just the basics?
>4 Sycamore, Ultra Ball, and VS Seeker
>You need to have some sort of gimmick in mind for the deck to work in any meta. (Examples being Greninja BREAK, Night March, Garchomp... etc.
>>
Is that card real?

Are dual types gonna be a thing again?
>>
>>27454588
>>27454624
I see, thanks for the info.

I only want to make a decent deck just to play with some irl friends. Maybe making the Sky Guardian structure deck better with more Fire Pokemons, Ho-Oh and removing the fairies, changing for electric mons.
>>
>>27454541

pick your poison, set a goal, and stomp everyone out
>>
>>27454695
Yes. There aren't very many in Steam Siege, but maybe it'll be expanded upon. Probably not though.
>>
>>27454716
>Maybe making the Sky Guardian structure deck better
In general theme decks are really bad against anything other than other theme decks. I would recommend against using them as a starting point. Please consult the first imgur link in the OP.
>>
Steam siege booster pls. Sucks how UK got shafted for the 3rd and us gets it on the 1st.
>>
This is so irritating. I want Charmander, Charmeleon and Charizard but I've been looking through all the booster packs and decks purchasable and haven't seen them in anything, Are they just out of rotation or something or am i screwed?
>>
File: asxsa.png (195KB, 745x133px) Image search: [Google]
asxsa.png
195KB, 745x133px
>>27455438
they are hard to get now for some reason. traded for a couple of fates collide packs when they were easier to get.
>>
>>27448001
>>27448024

Yeah they are both shit
>>
I hate this new set
>>
>every fun post-rotation deck besides Ray and Dark/Dragons gets shut down by Garbodor

Guess I'll just play those.
>>
>>27455438
I think the only Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard in rotation right now are in the Generations boosters, which aren't available from the PTCGO store. You'll need to trade for older ones.

There are a bunch of active Charizard EX and M Charizard EX, though. Most are Generations or promos, but there are a few in Flashfire. Flashfire rotates out soon too though.
>>
If i post my pack opening vids would you guys hate me just cuz its 4chan?.
>>
>>27456109
Do you try to be a complete faggot ala Unlistedleaf? If not, nobody will mind.
>>
>>27455583

>Implying any set since Ancient Origins was anything beyond pure AIDS tier.
>>
You know the extra coins you get through the flash games on the site is actually really nice.
>>
>>27442699

ToTT: Only if you pull Professor Sycamore or any of the Volcanion EXs

>>27446552

>Holo holos and rares are organized by set, and # (Holos first, then non-holo rares) in binders
>Premium cards and Promos are in their own seperate "fancier" binders sorted by block, then set, and categories (Gen 1 to 3, DP + HGSS, BW, and XY respectively)
>Have own separate binders for Organized Play promos (ie POP set and Player Rewards when they were a thing)
>4 of each commons/uncommons are stored in boxes, anything extras that are deemed useful (Trainers and certain Pokemons) are kept in separate boxes sorted by block

I usually just keep one copy of the rare or above cards though unless they are competitively viable

Verdict on myself: I need to go to a goddamn mental institution
>>
>>27442699
Been out of the loop for a while. Does anyone know when is Steam Seige coming out in Yurop? Or is it the same date as Murica?
>>
Just made an account today and used the online codes I've been saving for years, are fossils viable?
>>
>>27459699
>fossils

no

with the fates collide expansion you could build a meme deck with omastar and aerodactyl but the deck is bait to special energy discards, has low hp and cannot one hit ko most pokemon
>>
>>27460674
*ex pokemon
>>
>switch in Mewtwo EX with damage change
>they play Regice
>they do their 70+EX block move
>I damage change it back onto them, getting rid of my damage counters but not putting any on regice
>he keeps doing it, so I just keep damage changing
>go 20 turns, I never do anything else since he's going to draw himself out unless he switches in something else
>he doesn't
>end up winning because after 15 minutes he realises he can't win
If you know there's nothing in your deck that could resolve your situation and take the game for you, just fucking concede instead of wasting everyone's time.
>>
>What should i do
Will the FatesCollide still be the highest currency in the game after the SteamSiege release?
>>
>>27460814
Fates Collide isn't even the highest currency in the game NOW m8.
>>
>>27460753
The game will eventually end after time runs out or any player who have no cards left to draw will lose or the first one who gets bored, i have them both Ex Mewtwo and regice in my team and believe me half of my winning points are after the other player concede
>>
>>27460820
Not the most valuable, but you can have anything in exchange.
>>
File: 925925.jpg (45KB, 792x867px) Image search: [Google]
925925.jpg
45KB, 792x867px
CUTE

CUTE
>>
>>27460841
what beats damage change mewtwo?

Night march and any deck that can one shot naturally but what else?
>>
threw out basic landorus and lucario EX and replaced them with carbink, carbink break and Zygarde Ex

those machop trees don't fit, right? and what about those trainers?
>>
>>27461158
M Gallade/Gallade can one-shot Mewtwo or M Mewtwo thanks to Psychic weakness.
>>
>>27461205
Add Evosoda.
Replace Shauna with Birch.
>>
>>27461158
a Dark or psychic deck with many energy discarding tricks like Team flare grunt.
>>
File: 1445714529723.jpg (63KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1445714529723.jpg
63KB, 700x700px
>Vs fighting deck
>opponent's first turn
>opponent finds a switch and charges zygarde ex in one turn
>get donked
>>
>>27461052
ayy lmao
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.