[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

YR: Gen VII has 130 pokemon and 90 old pokemon in the regional dex.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 1

File: Pokémon_X_Carátula.png (72KB, 200x180px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon_X_Carátula.png
72KB, 200x180px
You're happy that the game is going to be a fresh experience like R/S and B/W?

Or you're mad that you can't catch the same pokemon over and over like XY?
"B-but...m-muh nostalgia"
>>
>>27442586
Where is this info from? Im happy as fuck if true
>>
>>27442586
GTS and pokebank still exist.

I'll bring over some of my favorites, add maybe one or two new ones.
>>
>>27442586
>old pokemon
FUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
Just make sure that when people start complaining to throw the gen 4 stats at them. They'll either realize gen 4 was shit too, or they'll just stop complaining
>>
>>27442586
I'd be beyond happy, and would definitely purchase both games if it was true.
Old Pokémon can be transferred by Bank, the problem with Gen 3 was that it didn't have a way to transfer old Pokémon, but a large batch of new Pokémon is always welcome.
>>
>>27442695
>gen 4 stats
And what would those be? You aren't a retard that thinks Pokémon don't count to a dex, are you?
>>
I really liked gen VI
>>
>>27442586
I would be ecstatic.
>>
X/Y weren't the greatest Pokemon games ever but the best part about them was the Pokemon diversity. Pretty much every single trainer had a different team for the first half of the game. Going from 450 available Pokemon to 220 available Pokemon is a downgrade, there's no two ways about it.

One of the worst things about ORAS was how you didn't get the national dex until near the end of the game (so you had a very limited selection of Pokemon to choose from). It just seems silly to lock away the majority of Pokemon away for no real reason.

>b-but I'm tired of seeing the same Pokemon
Even if you were to only make newer Pokemon available, you'd just end up seeing those same new Pokemon over and over again so you'd still get tired of seeing them by the end of the game.

For example, take Woobat in Black/White. It appeared in the majority of caves in Unova so you'd get sick of seeing it for the 150th time. Now look at Zubat in X/Y. Because X/Y has such a large Pokemon diversity, Zubat only ends up appearing in one location throughout the whole game. That's how it should be, they have enough different Pokemon to fill out an entire region so they should make the most of it.

There's no real benefit to only included newer Pokemon. I always use new Pokemon for my first playthrough anyway so I still get to experience a fresh new team. Although now because both older and newer Pokemon are available, it means that the NPCs have more available Pokemon so I have more variety to battle against as a trainer.

The only real problem is when the older Pokemon completely overshadow the newer Pokemon like they did in gen 2 (e.g. Houndour not being available until post-game). But if there really are 130 new Pokemon then that's more than enough to make them stand out amongst the older Pokemon.

tl;dr: Anyone who actively wants Game Freak to limit the number of Pokemon available to the player is an autist who is scared that le evil genwunners are ruining Pokemon for them.
>>
>>27442586
there's no reason not to include some old pokemon, because there's tons of them that aren't available early or commonly enough in their own gens to have gotten their in-game representation
like how you see so many people thinking skarmory, slugma, etc are gen 3 mons because hoenn integrated them better than johto
>>
>>27442853
>Even if you were to only make newer Pokemon available, you'd just end up seeing those same new Pokemon over and over again so you'd still get tired of seeing them by the end of the game.
Black and white say hi.
That game had the single best variety of pokemon so you would find something new over what you found in previous routes.
>>
>>27442853
>For example, take Woobat in Black/White. It appeared in the majority of caves in Unova
That's BW2 retard.
>>
>>27442885
U plbay Pokémon balck2?
>>
>>27442885
>Woobat and Roggenrola/Boldore in every cave
>Frillish/Jellicent in every water route
It was just as bad as pretty much every other gen in that regard. Now if you compare it to B2/W2, that had much more variety because it included all those new Unova Pokemon as well as lots of older Pokemon.
>>
My concern is about getting new pokemon easily. My xy team was not very new besides the starter and Hawlucha, but it was really easy for me to get a ton of the other pokemon
>>
>>27442923
It shouldnt matter that you see these COMPLETELY NEW pokemon in every cave when it's the first time you see them as opposed to zubat for 6 generations straight
>>
>>27442853
>Anyone who actively wants Game Freak to limit the number of Pokemon available to the player is an autist who is scared that le evil genwunners are ruining Pokemon for them.

I agree! People definitly pay 40$ for catch the same old pokemon that they've caught in the old games!
Yeah,dude it's so exiting seeing zubata and the others again? Why having new pokemon?? when we can have the same old ones over and over?
I 100% agree with you,you shoudn't buy games that are fresh,you only should buy games that doesn't have nothing exiting.
Dude you don't know how fucking hyped i am for catching Zubat,Caterpie and Pikachu...i would buy 100 copies of the game
>>
>>27442949
They're not COMPLETELY NEW when you see it for the 100th time. I'd rather see different Pokemon in each location as opposed to the same "COMPLETELY NEW" pokemon in every location.
>>
>>27442954
>strawmanning this hard
I'm not saying they should stop making new Pokemon, I'm saying that the range of catchable Pokemon should be larger with each subsequent generation.
>>
>ITT: Every old pokemon is shit like Zubat that's in every cave
As long as they put the Alola Pokemon in more areas than XY did with the Kalos Pokemon it's fine. It felt like the new mons were barely around in Kalos past the earlygame and all I hope is that Alola shows the new mons around most, if not the whole region. Also some old Pokemon haven't had much games to be in. Talonflame or Pangoro would've still been confined to XY's dex for example. Metagross has only been available ingame in B2W2 unless you bought ORAS really early on, too.

I agree that shit like Psyduck being in every game to be boring dex filler is one thing but having a lot of old mons isn't a problem at all as long as we see the new ones a good amount of times throughout the game.
>>
>>27442986
This.
There would be 700 old pokemon and 25 new pokemon in Sun and Moon,these should have only 1% of apparearing in 1 route.
I definitly enjoy seeing the same things over and over like you dude!
Why have a balanced dex,when you can have less new pokemon avaible in the wild? why should people have an exiting aventure with new faces? that's why new pokemon are pointless,only old pokemon mater,regional dex shound't include new pokemon either.
I hope GEN VII is the last generation,i want to pay the same game over and over,its just to fun dude,no changes!
>>
It wont happen because the Pokedex has 4 sections, they wouldnt divide them if the pokedex was around 200 Pokes

No to mention was saw SHTTON of old mons in the trailers so far
>>
>>27443026
>mater
>shound't
>dude
Are you fucking 12 years old?
>>
>>27443056
He's probably just American
>>
>>27443056
No,i just don't want new pokemon.
I only want old pokemon.
I hated when Black and White where a fresh start...¿Why is this game good? I can't handle soo much freshness in a game,i need my zubat or i can't enjoy this.
New pokemon are a disgrace,why you want new pokemon,vp?
>>
>>27443084
All this sarcasm to shit on a point he never made.
>BW
>Good
>>
>People liking BW
>Lewl
That's why XY was the best game in the series,barely any new pokemon,less new pokemon the better imo,
>>
>>27443128
I agree with this,having too much new pokemon is a turn-off.
I can't handle when there's new things in pokemon,they're trash compared with Grimer and Magnemite.
Seriously guys,stop requesting new pokemon you're fake fans if you want new pokemon,true fans wouldn't want new pokemon ever.
>>
>>27442586
I think it should have a mix. Some Pokemon seem like they would fit really well in a Hawaii/pacific island setting. Like Hariyama, Nosepass, or maybe Bellosom. So a few old ones could be sprinkled in and I don't think it would hurt the game, or any atmosphere it is trying to have.
>>
>>27442853
I would rather see geodude gen 7 version in any cave than just geodude classic in every cave. I don't care if I see it a lot, at least it's a NEW pokemon. Yeah maybe i'll get tired of near the end of the game, but at least the initial excitement will be there the first few times rather than "oh it's just geodude"
>>
>>27442586
Nope. There are going to me more older Pokemon that newer ones in the game. There are four regional dexes, and we've already seen a ton of older mons in the trailers. Even if they have 200 Alolamons introduced, they'll still be outnumbered.
>>
>>27443238
Just so long as its not Unova all over again where it has Sturdy as its one and O N L Y ability.
I dont mind that Boldore cant be killed in one hit. I mind that absolutely no Boldore has any other fucking ability so i will always waste at least 2 PP and risk taking some damage to kill it.
>>
>>27443238
You're missing the point. I'm not suggesting that you see Geodude in every cave, I'm suggesting that you see Geodude in one cave, Roggenrola in another cave, the Gen 7 Geodude in another cave, etc. So you have a larger number of overall Pokemon that appear in one area each rather than having the same Pokemon appearing in every area.
>>
>>27442720
>Wormadam
>Mothim
>Delelewoop
>Cherim
>Combee (Honey trees in general)
>Skuntank
>Purugly
>Worst fossils (like I can't use them in game too)
>Carnivne
>amibpom
>baby Pokemon in general
>Lumineon
Then they lock most of the good cross evos out of the region
>>
Guys, can I do and catch everything in Sun/Moon like in X/Y? I'm considering getting X/Y it's batshit expensive but it's because I want to trade over from b/w/bw2.

Do you guys think Sun/Moon can do that since ORAS couldn't for some stupid reason.
>>
>>27443390

They have already confirmed that you can transfer via pokebank from the eshop versions of RBY, so theoretically, we will be able to collect all pokemon in S+M.
>>
>>27443373
>Not liking cutie cherim
>>
>>27442853
The problem with XY's dex is that it had too much emphasis on older Pokemon, and that made Kalos lack its own identity. It also made XY an extreme like BW (BW focused too much on the new while XY focused too much on the old).

Hence why I think a BW2 solution would be the best for future games. There are enough older Pokemon and plenty of diversity in each area. But the new Pokemon are the main point of atention (which it honestly should be).
>>
>>27443902
If people cared about new pokmon maybe.
The kalos dex was big because people doesn't give a shit about new pokemon,GF doesn't find making new pokemon rentable.
>>
>>27443935
I thought the fact that they limited the new Pokémon to be a good thing.
>>
>>27443989
People doesn't enjoy finding new pokemon.
They just want to be stick with the old ones.
It isn't that hard,just tell me any pokemon fan that wants new pokemon,i can't find none.
>>
>>27444019
I can't think of any that don't want any new ones.
>>
>>27442853
I don't think we could go back to Hoenn Dex numbers if Gen 7 has over 800 pokemon, which it probably will.

At the same time, Kalos lacked a lot of identity by jamming so many pokemon into routes they barely fit in.

For Alola I would be completely fine with a regional dex that is ~300 strong. I just think for the size of it they shouldn't try and jam every pokemon we've ever seen into a single region-- which Kalos did bar a lot of Hoenn native mons (making it a dead giveaway remakes were on the way)

For example, if 550 pokemon are available pre-elite 4 in Alola, won't it look incredibly blatant we'll be getting a Sinnoh remake if most gen-4 pokemon were noticeably absent? It is immersion breaking.
>>
>>27444100
I don't see why Hoenn dex would be impossible,they can put a lot of old ones in the post-game so i don't thing it would be a problem.

Anyway i don't think Alola pokedex will be as big as Kalos,i think Alola will have around 250-300 entries,since a lot of people complained about lack off new pokemon and genwuun pandering in VI.
Also,it would be repetitive to do two large dexes in a row,give it some time.
>>
>>27442853
>Bunch of old pokemon available
>End up with only 2 new pokemon in my party
I'd be very happy if the majority of the dex was new pokemon.
>>
>>27444230
So it's a common opinion that people want more new pokemon in the dex than old ones?
Or 50/50?
>>
>>27442586

Catching the same old Pokémon is boring as hell.

I want more new Pokémon.
>>
>>27443084
>¿Why is this game good?

Had to be a filthy spic
>>
>>27444280
Not if its requires half the new pokemon seems to just be the exact same concept of an existing pokemon just for the sake of being Alola-themed.
At the same time it shouldn't be like Kalos where old mons outnumber new mons by something crazy like 5 to 1.

Given we're getting 4 island listings on the pokedex, I think 100 per island would be spot on, as it would give not just Alola but the individual islands a distinct feel.
But they might fuck it up and give us something like 150 per island, and even if they reached Unova levels of new pokemon we'd still be looking at a region dominated by shit we've seen before.
>>
>>27444227
We've already seen evidence that dex entries go past 100 before the wild Pokemon even hit level 20 most likely.
>>
>no source actually brought a discussion thread

good one OP

>>27443390
>expensive
Nigga where do you live?
>>
>>27444364
It still be 300 entries,anon.

>>27444356
I think they should stop putting to many old pokemon in,i think they're pushing them and forcing them even if they don't fit in,a lot of people will get annoyed if we get another kalos XY.
I think they should make old pokemon feel fresh too,if they make XY's style pokedex the only thing they'll gain is making people stick of old mons,witch it would be a bad thing.
>>
>>27443084
>shitposting spic

oh am i laffin
learn proper english before you shitpost mate
>>
>>27444415
I'm the guy who made the post.
I was joking,don't thake it to seriously lol.
>>
>>27444413
I agree with you anon.
I think they should put some obscure mons in regional pokedexes and some popular ones and that's it,i think putting to many old pokemon again like XY,would actually be a litte boring,don't get me wrong i love old pokemon,but having a 2nd huge dex it would be the same as Kalos.
>>
>>27442853
>X/Y weren't the greatest Pokemon games ever but the best part about them was the Pokemon diversity. Pretty much every single trainer had a different team for the first half of the game. Going from 450 available Pokemon to 220 available Pokemon is a downgrade, there's no two ways about it.

I disagree.

One of my biggest problems with X/Y was not only really terrible Pokemon distribution, but also bloated ass routes that ended up crowding out new Pokemon.

Look at Kalos Route 8 for example

>Seviper/Zangoose, Mienfoo, Bagon, Absol, Spoink, Inkay, Wingull, Tailow

That means that out of eight Pokemon you can encounter, one of them is new.

Compare to Hoenn Route 110, roughly around the same level.

>Oddish, Zigzagoon, Poochyena, Plusle and Minun, Electrike, Gulpin
>Remakes add Voltorb and Magnemite

Much more new Pokemon, and most importantly some reoccurring Pokemon that doesn't make the region feel ridiculously small.

In X/Y it bothered the SHIT out of me that what were supposed to be common Pokemon (Bunnelby, Fletchling, etc.) never appeared past the route 5/22 split. Never.
>>
>>27444533
Don't worry anon they will fix that in SM.
They just wanted to make Kalos feel "unique" with having a lot of old pokemon in,it had bad reviews so i guess they'll go with the same rute as ever: mayority new mons or a healty mix like BW2.
>>
>>27444399
YR = Your reaction it wasn't a leak topic or something about that style.
>>
>>27444585
In what world do you live where XY had bad reviews?
>>
>>27445473
Pretty much a lot of people think XY is bad.
>>
130. Ha.

Try 60% of that for brand new ones.
>>
>>27445673
They didn't get bad reviews though. And no one cares, nor should the care what anyone on this board thinks.
>>
>>27445769
They're right,the game is barebones,there's nothing to defend about a rushed game.
And more so when we have Emerald,Crystal,Platinum,HGSS or BW2
>>
>>27445760
why are you guys so pesimistic?
the game looks good and a solid gen so far
>>
>>27445923
Whos being pessimistic? It's not going to be a big gen, again. Doesn't stop the games from being good.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.