[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With the success of Pokemon Go bringing the franchise back into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

File: pokemon-MMO-2.jpg (178KB, 1131x707px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-MMO-2.jpg
178KB, 1131x707px
With the success of Pokemon Go bringing the franchise back into the mainstream, and Nintendo's / Pokemon Co openness to exploring things on a new platform.

Do you ever think we'll see a fully fleshed out Pokemon MMO? Or is that step too much to ask?
>>
MMOs are terrible and you're terrible for wanting one.
>>
File: 205201431658.jpg (27KB, 850x479px) Image search: [Google]
205201431658.jpg
27KB, 850x479px
>>27440842
>Pokemon MMO
>>
>>27440842
>animu lolita
Fucking neckbeards can't keep their fan service bullshit out anything.
>>
What would being an MMO add to Pokemon?
>>
>>27440842
I've seen multiple images of this, but is this an actual thing? Playing as Homu in a Pokémon-infested Skyward Sword?
>>
>>27440849
Not wanting to
>Walk around in huge zones looking for wild pokemon
>Stand in fleshed out cities with other players
>Join various factions and battle for control of locations
>Take on the elite 4
>Complete in online tournaments

Why wouldn't you want a more immersive version of the handheld games?
>>
>>27440842
>With the success of Pokemon Go bringing the franchise back into the mainstream

I'll tell you a secret: Pokemon is mainstream ever since Pokemania started. Its one of the best selling game franchises in history
>>
>>27440866
This. It's embarrassing.
>>
>>27440842
>Pokemon MMO?
I'm legit tired of hearing about this.
It would be dogshit and you know it.
>>
>>27440889
>immersive
Okay then

>Walk around in huge zones looking for wild pokemon
Sure is immersive to see everyone walking around with Legendaries.
>Stand in fleshed out cities with other players
Do you mean 400 people standing inside eachother in a small room where there's a quest giver or some shit? That's the most immersive thing I can imagine!
>Join various factions and battle for control of locations
How would the battle system even work?
>Take on the elite 4
Truly breaking new ground for a pokemon game
>Complete in online tournaments
Truly breaking new ground for a pokemon game
>>
>>27440866
>>27440908
>>>/co/mblr
>>>/v/eddit
>>
>>27440940
Wew, that'll show them, lad.
>>
File: 1444129450594.jpg (155KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
1444129450594.jpg
155KB, 640x720px
>>27440940
>w-why don't they like my idea? I'll show them!
>>
>>27440932
pixelmon works pretty well
I tried some other web browser based ones but that was a while back
I don't think they were that great, but I think they just weren't built right
>>
>>27440932
You're right. Just reprint the game over and over. Add some new mons that everyone will bitch about. Fuck trying anything new.
>>
>>27440842
If they wanted to make a Pokemmo they should have done it 10 years ago. Just look at what fast pace every new mmo out there's dying
>>
The era of MMOs is pretty much dead, you can't make a successful one these days
>>
MMOs are shit fuck off
>>
>>27441257
Trying new things worked for many franchises such as Final Fantasy, eh?
>>
>>27441257
Pokemon MMO isn't trying anything new though. If anything, it'll just become another MMO clone.
>>
>>27440842
No MMO

But I would love another Pokemon adventure game.

Call up Platinum Studios and see if they'd be up for a Pokemon action game!
>>
>>27441315
this

we're more likely to see them do something like make your online friends visible in-world in a mainline game than a separate mmo
>>
>>27441315
What really kills MMOs is those that stick to trying to be WoW, or using subscriptions, or holding the game up by a gimmick that runs old quick. Or just plain pure low quality work.
>>
>>27441376
Yeah, with how easy it is to battle online the only real difference would be seeing other people walk around further than a few steps. I wanted one before gen 4 but I don't see the point now.
>>
>>27441376
>wah don't like things I don't like.
>>
I wouldnt mind a coop pokemon game
>>
File: 1463061408649.png (265KB, 473x632px) Image search: [Google]
1463061408649.png
265KB, 473x632px
I feel like the world isn't ready for a Pokemon MMORPG, nor is Nintendo ready themselves.

I would love for it to be made. So many good ideas, such high potential to be a great game, but sadly there's not a single competent company on this planet who could handle it properly because money always comes first, which is why every MMORPG is fucking awful. Anything to break the shit-spree that is the MMORPG market would great, but it won't happen for a very very very long time.
>>
>Make Pokemon MMO
>Obviously loads of people will try it out
>Ebin server queues, premium priortiy queues for PRIMAL MEGA PACK buyers
>Customize your waifu/self-insert trainer
>Okay, tutorial time.
>Move with W A S D
>Change your perspective from first person to third person with [button]
>Okay, good. Now for a battle!
>Either turn by turn or real time battle.
>Finish tutorial
>Unscheduled maintenance due to heavy load and some cheaty bug
>Come back
>Real release time
>Redo everything
>Obviously feels longer than a standard Pokemon game, routes are larger and nice looking
>Way more grinding, nothing a bunch of autists can't handle though
>Find out hatching eggs is good for exp
>Might as well hope for the shiny
>5000 eggs later
>Max level
>Don't know what to do, do random stuff with buddies
>slowly burn out on Pokemon mmo and forget it exists
I would play it
>>
>>27441693
I forgot to mention all MMOs fall victim to cash shops, where at some point it feels like you stopped getting content and mainly just gachas.
>Tons of cash shop items
>Saddle for some rideable Pokemon
>Gachapons for clothes, support items, balls and other nice things
>Premium service meme
>>
A Pokemon MMO would be SO easy to do... Mostly.

Have regular Pokemon turn based gameplay. (Why change what people are here to do.)
Be able to start in any "Japan" region at first. (Cause they're all right there within boating distance and can save America and France for expansions.)
And have Gym Leaders (possibly E4) check your badges to see what team they use.
>ex: if starting in Johto, Falkner would use his HGSS team. But if you came from any other "Japan" area he'd use a number of teams based on how many badges you have.

Having it keep the battles out of real time allows for level changes.
As for obstacles, it could be either times (you have 5m to get past that cut tree or w/e) or it could work like PokeMMO's jumpeon. (Timed better)

And you could include extra things like Emerald's BF, FRLG's sevii islands, etc.
The base game would be HUGE.
>>
>>27441257
>he doesnt want an MMO so that means he doesnt want anything new!

Ever consider that MMOs are a very divisive genre and that some people might not want one?

MMOs are a tough sell because they are one of the most expensive generes to develop for and its even harder to get into the market with them. MMO players already have their MMO, they dont switch to a new one easily. Just look at how long it took for FF11 to drop off (its STILL not dead by the way) to see how dedicated people can get to a game.
>>
>>27441736
As people wouldn't want to play a Pokemon MMO, other's would, both fans and non-fans. So I don't see what good it does to think "well, anon said he wouldn't want to try it out so lets just scrap it."

As well as considering the large amount of money it takes to handle making and maintaining an MMO, when is the last time you known Nintendo, assuming they would host, have a good server?
>>
>Pokemon MMORPG
>Art style is just like Sun and Moon, but higher resolution
>Choose your Trainer's general age which affects complexion and physique
>Trainer face customization is similar to Mii Maker but with more options
>Players can choose Trainer's personality which can affect idle animations and stances
>Starting region is a peninsula that mostly consists of forests and open fields with a small urban city in the middle.
>Player starts off getting off a plane from an airport.
>Blah blah movement tutorial, UI tutorial rabble rabble
>Leave the airport and enter the city hub.
>City hub is semi-futuristic city with holographic terminals everywhere that tell the player helpful information and tips
>Many tall buildings with stores in almost every corner such as clothing shops
>Basic story is that you're a trainer who's come to the region looking for a personal purpose in life.
>Player has a small compass in the UI telling them to go to a kiosk infront of a big water fountain
>Kiosk plays an advertisement that that explains all the jobs and life choices picked around the world
>Players can choose a side path along when the playing the game which gives the player another side of gameplay other than traditional Pokemon gameplay alongside a different story path
>Players can choose from being a Photographer which provides Pokemon Snap style minigames and objectives while playing.
>Players can choose being a Researcher which focuses on capturing and recording Pokemon by exploring remote places
>Players can choose being a Ranger which can be a very story driven path
>Players can choose being a Breeder which can focus on raising Pokemon in a more personal manner
>Overall gameplay is traditional Pokemon.
>Overworld can have platforming and many ways to explore routes
>After the player runs through the starting region, you're given a choice on visiting other regions alongside new regions made specifically for the game.
>Your Pokemon can follow behind you for cosmetic purposes.
>>
>>27440842
i hope one day we'll get a cross between Go and a real handheld game
>>
>>27440842

What the fuck would you DO in a Pokemon MMO that you can't do in the main games already? The only difference is you would physically see other trainers. Pokemon doesn't lend itself to ad-hoc party based gameplay in any way, you can't do five player parties against gym leaders or some shit.

What you might want is a fully 3D Pokemon game, but an MMO would be a gigantic waste of time and resources just to see other players.

>>27440889

None of that shit requires it to be an MMO.

>Standing around as a "feature"
>>
I imagine they would pay it very safe and shoehorn it into the format, as they did with Pokemon go, and inevitably lose much of what makes Pokemon Pokemon.

For example, Pokemon have a max level of like 128 and it takes hundreds of hours of grinding to get them there.
I won't be playing a game like that.
>>
>>27442021
You wouldn't have parties, per se.

I like how PokeMMO has it where you can just battle any PC you see.
If it were official you could also add double battles or even triple battle team challenges.
>>
>>27440842
Go is the pokémon mmo and it's terrible.

If you want a console pokémon mmo you're underage, retarded, or both.
>>
>>27442683
>Some bargain bin virtual reality is an MMO
>And it's terrible
The bugs are the biggest problem, which everything always starts off shitty like that.
If Pokemon GO is so terrible it wouldn't the literal most popular thing ever. :^)
Showing again, even if anon says they think its shit, that it can still be popular. Just look at Naruto, SAO, Bleach, etc.
Successful =/= Bad
>>
>>27442716
Retards don't get opinions. You can fuck off now, faggot.
>>
>>27442778
>This mad
o-ok s- sorry
>>
File: 1469569247496.gif (260KB, 700x515px) Image search: [Google]
1469569247496.gif
260KB, 700x515px
>>27441257
You guys bitch and moan over any new thing they add. What's the point?
>>
>>27442798
>this stupid
You should have been aborted.
>>
>>27443008
s- sorry, anon ;_;
>>
>>27440842
Pokemon go is 1000x times better than a Pokemon mmorpg.
It only needs more features.
If anything new mmorpgs need to be more like Pokemon go.
>>
I'd 100% play a Pokemon MMO, probably end up falling for the cash shop meme and spending money on a free game too.
Also dress up my cute character :3c
>>
>>27440889
>stand in fleshed out cities with other players
>>
you already have GO for your muh real world genwunner needs, fuck off
>>
>>27441682
underrated post
>>
>>27440842
no, an MMO is basically the opposite demographic from Go
I would venture to say Go's popularity is an argument against an MMO, because it's popular for being a less involved game rather than more like a PokeMMO undoubtedly would be
>>
>>27441950
This sounds good, but doesn't really read MMO.
I agree with a lot of people here that the franchise doesn't need an MMO. If they put out a type of game like the one described in this post, it would be better single player with an option to go to a multi-player area/region. Like you get on a plane in game and fly to separate, smaller online region...
>>
>>27441257
a generic Pokémon MMO is still a generic MMO
>>
>>27443687
MMOs in generall will end up all feeling the same and generic.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.