[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Things GF regrets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7

File: BCu9ssk[1].png (708KB, 965x800px) Image search: [Google]
BCu9ssk[1].png
708KB, 965x800px
Things GF regrets
>>
>>27439099
Personally of the gen 4 cross evos I only hate the babies and Ambipom
>>
>>27439121
The babies were the best part of gen 4, though.
>>
Not your shitty opinion that's for sure, cross evos are godlike and gen 2 and 4 are amazing for it
>>
>>27439144
I dislike most babymons in general. The only babies I like are Elekid and Togepi
>>
>>27439166
I guess that's fair. I like when you're able to evolve your mons, so it just adds a little extra for single stages that I already kind of like.
>>
>>27439189
Yeah I like evolving my mons as well, it is actually one of my favorite parts of the games, but I, for some reason, can't bring myself to like the babies
>>
>>27439121
>krill the babies
Everyone agrees. Enough.

>Hating Ambipom
Okay, I get it, he looks like shit and doesn't do much. You do however look at what was done right. He evolves through learning a move (essentially at a level but whatever). That's an amazing, amazing start. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of cross gen evos taking some Pokémon that weren't necessarily overlooked but were replaced by something that fits a niche and giving them a stat boost. The problem is things like Magmortar and Electivire evolving via trade. Restrictions involving the items being held gave it pacing in game, but I hate having to trade. The stones are fine, if the held items simply induced evolution like with Weavile and Gligar, that would be fine.

I feel like the crossgen evos were an experiment.

We had evolution through stones, leveling with an item, leveling to a move, leveling in certain places, and trading with items. It was a good experiment that led to some okay designs that I hope to see more of in the future.
>>
>>27439226
It's because they serve no purpose. The only, the ONLY baby that I could ever justify is Budew. My reasoning is that you catch Budew and raise it to a Roselia. Every other baby you breed for to get it in your dex. They exist as just one more slot in the dex.
>>
>>27439121
Ambipom, Rhyperior, Lickilicki, Electivire and Magmortar are all shit tier. The others are fine, to pretty cool, including the babies.
>>
>>27439257
Yeah, how dare them MAKE NEW POKÉMON just to fill up those dexes, right? It's not like the whole franchise is based around different P o k é m o n designs for people to interact with.
>>
>>27439257
You could catch Elekid and Magby in bw2 early in, and Mime Jr. in that mirror cave in XY. They could make for some good early route mons if they decide to do it that way.
>>
reminder that we wont get new evos for old mons because lel eviolite
>>
>>27439238
I agree completely with everything you said about Ambipom. It is an interesting method of evolution that thematically makes sense. The pokemon that it was given to deserved an evolution. I literally just hate its design.
>>
>>27439280
But babby mons come in on the wrong end, it's not something you work up to and actually use, it's something you breed for and toss because it's basically a negative evolution
>>
>>27439281
>if they would

This is GF we're dealing with here anon/Top Kek

What K hated about the Gen 4 babies in particular where how impossible they were to find, and you had guess what incense does what.
>>
File: chinglingtower.jpg (21KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
chinglingtower.jpg
21KB, 480x480px
>>27439281
Chingling in and outside of the same cave as well.
>>
>>27439263
>implying that 540 BST is shit tier
Unless you're talking design. Electivire I'd enjoy if it wasn't depicted as so hairy, same for Magmortar if it wasn't so fat. Ambipom needs to lose the bowl cut.

Lickilicki makes me think of a fat rich boy and it makes me enjoy it in a fun-to-look-at kind of way.

I'm not going to say I like Rhyperior, but I definitely don't mind it. I'm okay with it existing.
>>
>>27439280
>Yeah, how dare they waste space by making a throw away 'mon that adds nothing to the game instead of spending their time on something else

I'd be happier if they didn't even exist. If we had all of our games to stay the same except the baby 'mons were removed, we got nothing in return, I'd be happy. They serve no purpose in the first place.

Also,
>defending baby pokemon
>>
>>27439257
They really need to keep putting babies in early routes for type diversity like they did in BW2
>>
>>27439281
>This
>The game starts and you decided to choose the Grass or Water starter.
>You pick up Magby, a garbage mon that's just for early game type coverage
>It grows on you and you evolve it
>It has par stats, so you keep it
>You evolve it again, and it has above average stats, and can actually use it happily

This would make me enjoy Baby Pokémon. That's what they did with Budew >>27439257
>>
>>27439099
Agreed, sinnoh had the wors pokemon in general too. I was trying to headcanon some teams for every playable character and rival and i was thinking that they would each only have pokemon from their own gen and crossgen evos would also not be allowed because they are basically just extensions of pokemon from previous gens. I never finished headcanoning the teams for gen 4 because they sucked so much
>>
>Route accessible between 1st and 2nd gym
>Mantyke/Azurill, Budew, and Magby

Sure, sounds good, but now 3 slots on the route are taken by Pokémon from previous gens
>>
Where's Raichu
>>
>>27439315
Definitely talking about design.
>>
>>27439315
Rhyperior might be the worst. It just doesn't look like something Rhydon would evolve into. A cousin, maybe, but definitely not an evolution. I can't say that about the others, they just have bad designs.
>>
>>27439099
GF doesn't regret shit because they essentially did the same thing in Kalos, they're just mega evolutions.
>>
>>27439099
honestly, cross gen evos are why the gen 4 dex is my favorite, and while I've enjoyed subsequent gens, I'm disappointed that we never get cross gen evos anymore (inb4 sylveon), and now that we have megas, we're even less likely to get them.
>>
>>27439226
I'd like them more if the other babies actually showed up in early routes, like Budew does
>>
>107 "new" pokemon
>29 of them are prevos or evos of older mons

thats a bit too much when a quarter of your mons are older mon toys
>>
Raichu maybe? My daughter of 5 was watching the anime and tierno's league batle came on and be brought out his raichu amd she asked me if it was dedenes evolution.
Just retcon that poor pokemon already.
>>
>>27439099
Sinnoh has more identity than Kalos
>>
>>27439099
I wish SM would organize the national dex so evos are grouped together.
>>
>>27439497
Keked
>>
File: 467Magmortar[1].png (170KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
467Magmortar[1].png
170KB, 431x431px
I can understand Rhyperior.

But I never knew anyone who gave a shit about Magmar or Lickitung in the first place, so I don't know why Magmortar and Lickilicky get so much hate. It just feels like blind nostalgia.
>>
>>27440238
Magmar is one of my favorite mons and i don't like Magmortar's design, it looks bad
>>
Every cross gen from IV is honestly better than any Mega that's been released so far. In terms of mechanics, and design.
>>
>>27440344
I prefer the cross gen evos to megas, and I'd say all in all the evos are superior to megas, but to say every gen 4 cross evo looks better than every mega is plain and simple fucking wrong
>>
File: 242px-Diamond_Pearl_Rowan.png (28KB, 108x255px) Image search: [Google]
242px-Diamond_Pearl_Rowan.png
28KB, 108x255px
>>27439099
evo and pre-evo are part of sinnoh/genIV identity
>>
>>27440238
>>27440275
Same reason for me. Lickilicky is fine, but Magmortar took one of my favorite Pokemon and gave it a really weird, fleshy-colored trim, even stranger shapes and proportions, and in general just took the design someplace I don't think it should have.

Conversely, Rhyperior, Electivire, and Tangrowth are some of my favorite Pokemon, so I don't think I'm secretly bitching about new gen designs or anything...
>>
>>27440238
I really fucking love Magmortar exactly because of how weird it looks. Magmar's just some fire bipedal duck with balls on its forehead, Magmortar's come kind of clown duck with megaman cannon arms abomination and fucked up proportions. I love it. Same reason I love the Kyurem formes, they're apocalyptical clusterfucks of absolute nonsense.
>>
The real problem is that in D/P almost all of those cross-gen evos towards the end of the generation were unavailable til post E4. Bullshit.
>>
>>27441739
this
>>
>Sinnoh has no identity
>when the power of evolution was a huge theme in the region
>25/28 of the cross gen evos are well liked in the Pokemon community

In conclusion: You're a dumb fucking nigger.
>>
File: 1464722958332.png (307KB, 815x608px) Image search: [Google]
1464722958332.png
307KB, 815x608px
>>27439099
>without cross evos, babies and legendaries the Sinnoh dex is smaller than Kalos dex
>>
>>27439263
>Electivire
>shit tier

Fuck you.
>>
>>27439099
>No identity of its own

Welcome to Kalos and Alola
>>
>>27442482
seconded
>>
>>27439099
>everyone not saying Raichu is Game Freak's biggest regrets
You're all retarded.
>>
>>27440238
Lickilicky is the worst.
>>
>>27439812
wow oh my god

If you subtract the cross-gen evos, megas and legendaries, Gen IV had LESS new Pokémon than Gen VI.

>Gen IV: 107 - 29 - 14 = 64
>Gen VI: 72 - 1 - 6 = 65

Not saying they don't count as Pokémon, but you can really see the "didn't have enough identity of its own" problem.
>>
>>27442282
I guess you have a point especially on the second bullet there, but I still say Sinnoh came off as having less identity for the evos. Rhyperior feels like it "belongs" to Rhydon, which makes it feel as though it ultimately isn't a Gen IV mon even though it is.
>>
>>27439099
Cross-gen evos were the best thing to happen to pokemon after the phys-special split.
Fite meh
>>
>>27442112
Kyurem black is goat
>>
>>27439263
>Rhyperior
>Electricity
>Magmortar
>Shit tier

Man how can you have this much shit taste?
>>
>>27439099
They're priorities were not in expanding the dex. They had 400+ mons, they decided to work on making a good region instead that used the new hardware. It took them until Platinum to even make it acceptable.
>>
>>27439099
The only good Pokemon in Gen 4 were the starters and their evolutions. Everything else was mediocre to shit, especially the fucking legendaries. I realize the status of legendaries had been growing with each Gen, growing more important with every set of games, but they really jumped the fucking shark in Gen 4 with the PokeGods. Literally no reason to make them as powerful as they were.

Not to mention in addition to the trio being retarded they added a bunch of other fucking pointless legendaries. They flooded the market. Legendaries are best when there aren't a lot of them.
>>
File: 426Drifblim_Dream.png (20KB, 402x375px) Image search: [Google]
426Drifblim_Dream.png
20KB, 402x375px
>>27442916
I'll fucking gut you, the drifs are cute!
>>
>>27440238
the Lickilicky hate is mostly because it's the personification of that popular "new pokemon suck because they're too cartoony" argument, because lickitung goes from have weight and somewhat sensible structure in his body shape to being a bunch of circles
I like Lickilicky for what it is, but I can see why people hate it, Lickitung has a certain appeal in the anatomical design sense
>>
>>27439099
Well fuck you I liked it.
>>
>>27439099
It still scalds my dick to this day that Jynx didn't get an evolution.
>>
>>27439099
I agree with the image.

Playing through Platinum for the first time. Out of those actual Gen 4 families, there were only 6 I Wanted to use.

>Infernape
>Staraptor
>Luxray
>Rampardos
>Gastrodon
>Abomasnow

Couldn't get Rampardos because RNG fossil digging bullshit. Abomasnow was so late game I stopped caring about it. Luxray and Gastrodon sucked.

Ended up adding on Rhyperior, Electivire, and Magmortar. Feels like I'm cheating using older families, but they're Gen 4 designs at least.
>>
>>27439099
There were some ugly as fuck pokemon.
>tfw no third evolution for starmie

>>27443801
>yfw jinx just gets fatter and blacker.
>>
>>27439099
>Things I don't like so I'll pretend GF doesn't like them too to validate my opinion
>>
>>27439099

Game Freak have no regrets.
>>
Its clear all the ones after Abomasnow would be Megas if that mechanic was around back then. Roserade, Mismagius, Ambipom, and Honchcrow are the only really proper evolutions and quite honestly all of them are decent and necessary.

Actually Gallade is fine as an alt-evo. And Pory-Z works because Eviolite happened so Pory2 can be the defense evo and Pory-Z can be the offense evo. So that kinda worked out.
>>
>>27444078
>Luxray and Gastrodon sucked.
>implying any Pokemon sucks when playing through the game
>implying you don't suck shit if you can't properly use a bulky water/ground type
Eat shit, stupid idiot.
>>
>>27439263
>>27442482
>>27442845

Not him but we had a thread about evo's yesterday and those exact same pokemon kept comming up multiple times, at least 5 times for Magmortar and Electivire each

They just fuck up the evolution lines, they don't look terrible, but they're just fucking wierd
>>
>>27442845

>Rhydon, Electabuzz and Magmar but more EBIC
>Good
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.