[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does it feel we will never get good games like Platinum,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 6

File: i_17300.jpg (987KB, 1540x1382px) Image search: [Google]
i_17300.jpg
987KB, 1540x1382px
How does it feel we will never get good games like Platinum, HG/SS and BW2 ever again?
>>
Well considering ORAS was the best yet, I look forward to SuMo.
>>
>>27435583
Pretty good. Tired of fags the circlejerk anyway.
>>
>>27435597
>>27435609

hi gamefreak
>>
>>27435609
>best games
>circle jerk

I want off current /vp/
>>
>Platinum
>good
Why do you fags think this was apart of the golden age
>>
>>27435609
>>27435597
This, so freaking much.
>>
Not you OP, but I cannot fucking tell if this is b8 anymore. I really think these people really believe they like gen 6 and now hate gen 5 (even more)
>>
>>27435597

>6th gen
>Good
>>
>>27435646
>>27435638
>>27435609
>>27435597
All 1 minute apart. Hmmm

>>27435677
Also it wasn't until fucking ORAS fags did people start shitting on HGSS, like what fucking happened
>>
Pretty shitty, GF will never make a good pokemon again.

Neo-nintendo will never make good games again.

Fuck this generation.
>>
>>27435677
Well, /vp/ isn't helping by shitting on Gen 6 and praising the DS third versions/remakes to the high heavens.
>>
>>27435698
HGSS was always shit
>>
>>27435710

6th gen sucked ass though and 4th-5th gen were fucking amazing, so It's perfectly fine.
>>
>>27435735
"The problem is when people shit on something and excessively praise something else"
"It's fine because I'm shitting on the first thing and excessively praising the second thing"
>>
>>27435597
>>27435609
>>27435638
>>27435710
>>27435733

(You)
>>
>>27435771

Again, It's fine because the DS games were awesome and the 3DS games are trash.

I don't understand why you don't get it.
>>
>>27435784
"It's fine because my opinion", thus reinforcing the excessive shitting/praising cycle

Typical 4chan. Never change.
>>
ORAS already came out.
>>
>>27435814

Go to gamefaqs for that hugbox you desire.
>>
File: image.gif (371KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
371KB, 500x375px
I have high hopes for gen 7. The region looks nice as do the new Pokemon designs.

Also gen 7 means remakes of gen 4 which is my favourite generation.

So I'd say gen 7 is everything I've ever wanted and maybe more if GF plays their cards right.
>>
>>27435866
>Also gen 7 means remakes of gen 4
I highly doubt that. I don't see us getting gen 4 remakes until the next console.
>>
>>27435583
>How does it feel we will never get good games like Platinum, HG/SS and BW2 ever again?
I don't know that feel because SM will smash
>>
File: image.png (67KB, 449x1197px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
67KB, 449x1197px
>>27435583
>HGSShit
>good
>>
>>27435733
Literally fuck off. /vp/ has liked them since they've come out. Like no other game has been liked this much

>>27435814
You literally cannot say GF actually tried and had 100% effort on Gen 6. Route 14 and Battle Cheatue rematches come to mind
>>
>>27436128
>You literally cannot say GF actually tried and had 100% effort on Gen 5. Emboar's typing, the elemental monkeys and BW2's removal of Route 10 come to mind

See? I can do it too.
>>
>>27436160
You honestly can't tell me (route 13) was good. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Kalos_Route_13

Also Cheateu rematches are just level up sets btw
>>
>>27436257
Every gen has its pros and cons. I like both Gen V and Gen VI, but with Emboar's typing and the elemental monkeys, you absolutely can't deny that Gen V had its flaws as well.
>>
>>27436313
Oh hell I'm not defending those shitmons. But a Pokemon's design is much less important than a mandatory part of the game isn't finished being programmed, where you can constantly being locked into encounters with places that can't be opened a serve no purpose every 5 feet
>>
of all the games mentioned here, i've only played SS (I skipped generation 5 and i didn't think buying Pt was necessary) but I'll tell you right now that SS was a game that I immersed myself into fully. Get me my pokewalker team, my day/night cycle, my daily siblings, the radio, the pokegear, mystery gifting returning to very similar to its former glory, all the pokemon you could catch, and all the more pokemon you could catch after unlocking the sinnoh and hoenn sounds (not a lot but hey, it's something) and you've got a game that i can come back to anytime and get enjoyment out of it. That they added the Pt battle frontier was cool too.

All I'm saying is I think I enjoy B-Team's efforts more than A-teams efforts. B-Team puts quality of life stuff ahead of other junk and it shows with the amount of polish the B-Team games have over the A-team games
>>
>>27436364
I was totally fine with Route 13. Granted, XY had other flaws (such as the region overall being a bit dull), but they don't make the game into absolute shit that disgraced the franchise as bug-worshipping Unova kids seem to think.

A route with bizarre design is, objectively, less of a flaw than a starter recycling a type combination for the third gen in a row, or three identical weak monkeys who serve as a waste of Dex space. And the biggest part of Pokémon is... well, the Pokémon.
>>
>>27435583
Whether you believe this or not I don't understand continually making threads about it.
>>
I've literally never been on /vp/ but I saw this post on the 4chan homepage and just knew this had to be b8.
>>
>>27436388
Anon a fucking type choice is fucking less important Than a mandatory part of the game not working, like what's up with your final rival not having full movesets. You gen 6 fans have your priorities out of order
>>
>>27436472
>not from /vp/
>having shit taste

Not surprised tbqh
>>
File: 233454646466.jpg (25KB, 600x462px) Image search: [Google]
233454646466.jpg
25KB, 600x462px
>>27435583
Dunno sun and moon are looking really good anon
>>27435597
>>27435609
Fuck off ORAS were an abomination
>>
>>27436472
It's not exactly an uncommon or unjustified opinion
>>
>>27436510
Personally I like effort and care and small things in games. These new Pokemon, some of them are exactly what some people complain about, one of them being Talonflame priority counter for example

Also my internet is acting like total shit. Is it all of 4chin or me
>>
>>27436510
>Arthur
>>
>>27436689
>dbz
>>
hey /vp/ i managed to pick up a copy of black 2, miraculously. should i wait and get black 1 and play that first? or am i good to go into black 2 with no knowledge of black 1?
>>
>>27436697
Hmm, if you're willing to spend money or emulate it's recommend, but you don't NEED to. You might be a bit confused.

But BW2's best part is just being free (after a painful start, just suffer through it gets better after pokestar studios)
>>
>>27435597
>ORAS
>best
>Calling it SuMo

Kill yourself.
>>
>>27436719
Also playing same places in Unova twice it a bit annoying, it does change a bit, but the middle is similar. Take a break inbetween to enjoy the route's more/the time passing and so it doesn't bother you too much
>>
>>27435597
>Sumo
>like ORAS

Fuck off leddit
>>
>>27435583
>HGSS being good
When will this meme start
>>
>>27435836
Don't kid yourself, /vp/ is just a hugbox with different tastes
>>
>>27435866
>implying we won't be seeing Furious Fire Red and Lethal Leaf Green before Perfect Pearl and Dick Like Diamond
>>
>>27435583
Sun and moon look really good
>>
>>27435886
This
>>
>tfw cleaned every inch of my room last month
>couldnt find my copy of Platinum
Where the god darn heck is it? I think it might be in one of the boxes of shit I put in the shed. Ill look when it comes time to move house.
>>
>>27441214
Enjoy buying a new copy on ebay anon

Its what I had to do when I lost mine
>>
>>27435583
t. DS fanboy
>>
>>27436510
>Sun and Moon look really good
>ORAS was an abomination

Isn't the same guy who was in charge of ORAS also in charge of Sun and Moon?
>>
>>27443251
Yes but he had shit Dev time and Masuda breathing down his neck apparently
>>
>>27443270
That's going to be different this time around? Sun and Moon looks like it will be even easier than ORAS (which was one of the biggest complaints about ORAS) with it now telling the player what moves are super effective and the Rotom Pokedex acting as a fucking tour guide.
>>
>>27443270
I want to believe that Ohmori can do great things if he's unshackled from those things. He showed some real potential in ORAS, but factors like the rushed dev time and Masuda meddling just got in the way.

I'm hopeful that Sun/Moon will be where he really gets to shine, but it will depend entirely on whether Masuda has actually let him take over. I still think that the crunch time will happen next Gen, though. With the NX having literally 50x more power than the 3DS, Game Freak will have nowhere left to hide. They'll have to put more effort into the games or they'll just fade into obscurity.
>>
>>27443368
I don't know to be honest. I'm getting very mixed feelings about this game
>>
>>27443368
t. someone who apparently doesn't know their type chart
>>
>>27443463
So that's your argument for them adding more hand holding to the game for no good reason?
>>
>>27443495
I really don't know what to make of the feature personally
>>
>>27443378
I've got bad news for you, pal. The Rotom Pokedex, the one possible red flag I've noticed all prerelease was Masuda meddling once again. There was an interview recently with the two where it was mentioned that Masuda pushed for it.

I really do believe Ohmori can lead Pokemon much better than him. Look at all the cool gameplay concepts on the Alola Pokemon. Contrast with how most new Pokemon we saw before SM didn't have a bunch of cool concepts. Not to mention the new features he was able to add to ORAS were good as well.

I want to believe in him and can't wait till Masuda finally leaves and lets him take over.
>>
>>27435733
Nice has always been meme
>>
>>27443866
>Masuda pushed for it

Oh my fucking God, what is wrong with that guy. Seriously he is the worst fucking thing to happen to this series
>>
>>27443932
I understand you. Really it's a miracle Masuda wanted to pass the torch to Ohmori anyway. I just hope the Rotom Pokedex was one of the only things he was able to shove in this game.
>>
>>27435866
/vp/ is going to despise me but I'd honestly much prefer a definitive Kanto sequel or remake to Sinnoh.

Platinum has timeless visuals, a story that doesn't need to be added to and perfectly balanced game mechanics. I just feel like there's nothing to be added or gained from redoing them. It made sense with ORAS because Hoenn was left looking like absolute ass with it's Gen 2.5 graphics and no physical special/split. Now Gen I is left looking slightly better than ass with proper a GBA tileset but still nowhere near as good Gen IV onwards and mostly devoid of features (hardly any double battles, physical split, etc). I'm obviously ignoring HGSS's hollow as fuck post game here but who can blame me.

All that said I'd ultimately rather that they give new regions but if there's a remake in the works I'd much rather see them touch up their roots than waste time on something that's ultimately pretty up to date.
>>
>>27443971
It's kinda funny really all the games he was the director are all the most arguablelt worst games
>>
>>27443993
I noticed that, too. Someone always has to clean up his mess. That or he has Tajiri's work to base stuff off of.

Also he was the start of arbitrarily cutting out features. At least they tried to keep the Safari Zone in GS.
>>
>>27444022
Do you know what I hate, being a unovabortion. Literally we get shit on by everyone who isn't a Johtotoddler

And when people say you only don't like Gen6 because it's "new"
>>
>>27444022
Wasn't basically everything that was cut from GS cut because there was no room for it on the cartridge with two regions?
>>
File: 1465327385980.jpg (49KB, 596x628px) Image search: [Google]
1465327385980.jpg
49KB, 596x628px
>>27435583
KEK... good games ... i remember pkmn Gold and silver and those before... those even being so simple had so much in their genuine way
>>
>>27435583
t. poorfag who can't afford a 3ds
>>
>>27444081
I loved the Unova region and story but despise literally 80-90% of the Gen V pokemon. Wats up with dat?
>>
>>27444106
I bought one and I regret it
>>
>>27444113
Because they designed the region and characters more
>>
>>27444081
What did that have to do with what I posted?

>>27444083
A bunch of areas were, but I'm talking about features. RS could have easily kept a day/night cycle, for example/

It's also my belief RS could've kept backwards compatibility even with the stat overhaul. The GBA has the capability to execute programs from RAM to a limited extent. This is how the trading in the Gamecube games works, and for non-Pokemon examples there's the Sonic Adventure ports and LoZ Four Swords Adventure.

They could've made a program to send with a link cable, which they did do for the Berry Glitch Fix, that would transfer mons, even if it had to be one at a time and at the pace of saving a lot of data, at least they could hav e tried.
>>
>>27444106
Can't really use that one m8

A 2DS with a free game goes for like $100 these days.
>>
>>27444123
hack it and play all the games that look fun but you couldn't be fucked buying
>>
>>27444144
Sorry that was for the OP
>>
>>27444083
Not only that but the whole game was redesigned.
Also it makes you wonder why they didn't just expand Johto and add those features instead of tacking on Kanto.
>>
>>27444170
I read in an interview once that they had no idea what to do for extra content and then thought, "fuck it, put in Kanto".

Remember they couldn't even conceive the Battle Tower until Crystal.
>>
>>27444144
>at least they could hav e tried.
They literally couldn't the GBC and GBA were totally incompatible.
>>
>>27444170
What kills me is they left Kanto just as hollow in HGSS as it is in GSC.

There's room on the fucking cartridge now GF, Blaine doesn't have to live in a cave anymore.
>>
>>27444202
Pokemon with randomized stats, but same moves and OT trainer name. Change everything else and you're done
>>
>>27444202
I'm not saying link a GBA to a GBC. I'm saying they should've had you put a GSC cart in a GBA to do it.
>>
>>27444229
I'm not talking about the games anon. I'm talking about the GBA/C hardware.

The link cables in particular didn't function in the same way.

>>27444252
And you don't think people have hacked games to do so?
They would have to rehaul the systems itself
>>
>>27435583
Replace HGSS with Emerald
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.