[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sun/Moon Pokemon Encounter Pool

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: ELVu43B.png (344KB, 595x359px) Image search: [Google]
ELVu43B.png
344KB, 595x359px
How would you guys like to see the wild pool of Pokemon play out in Sun and Moon? I'm not referring to the frequency here, but the spread of Pokemon. Personally XY was my favorite Gen for this because every route had an entirely new pool that pulled from all generations(it was also great for Nuzlockes which is how I play every new game). Ideally Sun and Moon would follow suit and use a bunch of old Pokemon pre-National Dex, but I'd like a few more original Pokemon than were introduced in XY. I'm pretty certain that there will be more new actual Pokemon and less Megas, but I'm worried that Gamefreak might drop the XY trend of having a really diverse array of Pokemon for each Route.
>>
I have mixed feelings on the available Pokemon for the XY story. I felt overwhelmed by the amount of choice, and it made the region feel more mishy moshy and less distinct. I think there is a better number inbetween 150 and 450 would be more ideal.
>>
It's time for
>patterns

Since Gen 7 is an odd number generation wild Pokemon will include mostly new Alola Pokemon, with few old Pokemon mixed in.

>tfw we'll never have a Gen 5 situation with ONLY new Pokemon again
>>
XY's distribution of the new Kalos mons was piss poor. New Pokemon should have an increased likelihood of being encountered over the older ones.
>>
>>27430341
This is a good point, though them having more new Pokemon than XY could balance it out as well since they'd have more to put in.
>>
>>27430341

Like >>27430141 said. Even numbered generations have oldmons all over the place. Gen 2 was worse with it I think.
>>
I don't know,but having too much old pokemon may bore some players.
I think the best way to go its a healthy mix.
>>
Considering first route has some old mons confirmed already and all the promo videos are filled with old mons im betting the dex will have even more old mons than Kalos

Not to mention we have 4 mini dexes this time around
>>
>>27430492
Gen 2 had their new mons at 1% encounter during a certain time of day post-game and version exclusive.
>>
>>27430775
I hope not god.
Why people want the new content beging overshadowed again?
Honestly,it's a little boring running in old pokemon that i've seen countless of times,it's more fun seeing new faces,but whatever.
>>
what they need to do is distribute some old pokemon early that you can't previously have acquired in the early game.

i'm pretty sure there is no game where you can get a frillish early. same is true of many interesting and underused pokemon.
>mantyke
>zorua
>klink
>tynamo

lots of later game gen5 mons.
>>
>>27430775
You know just because they show those there it doesn't means they actually appear there on the final game.
Just like solgaleo is not on a regular mountain background, that's a developer version they just touch up what they want to appear on certain areas so they wouldn't be forced to show what they don't want to show when showcasing new pokemon or areas.
>>
>>27430038
A good healthy mix would be best. They're already heading in the right direction anyway. We've seen Ladyba on the first route, along with new Pokemon.
It'll be great of maybe, most of the time it's mix, but in certain areas it's JUST Alola mons. It'd be exciting and feel unique.
Also, who else hype for the pretty much sure to appear "Bewear" signs? That'll be so funny, stepping foot into Bewear territory. Can't wait to catch one.
>>
>>27430038
I want a ton of new pokemon but spread far and wide around the region. I don't even mind if some are rare or difficult to discover.

The worst part about XY was the leaks.
We knew all the new pokemon before the games released. People who got it early somehow managed to find just about all the pokemon before even beating the game. It was awful and hugely disappointing.
>>
One of the reasons i loved BW1 was because i was a fresh start,new pokemon only...it was FUN as hel..you didn't know nothing about these pokemon and it added to the 1st playtrough.

But i also don't get why people in this fanbase doesn't want fresh things and want to play the same thing over and over...maybe it's because im not a great pokemon fan,but it gets boring fast after seeing the same old mons in XY.
>>
>>27431040
Because the 3DS was already wide open and it's still like that, in fact it's even worse.

They can easily get a list of all new pokemon names super easily on early copies.
>>
I'd like to see the game just randomize the pools for every route on new game start. Not totally random, but like, of all the "early-grass-route" mons, each route should get 3 random commons, 1 random uncommon and 1 random rare, drawn from the pool.

But that would make buying both copies of the game less worthwhile so Ninty won't do it
>>
>>27430881
Why do they feel the need to make Heatmor available so late?
>>
>>27431086
I'm not taking about hackers. No hackers got the game early.

I'm talking about those that got it from stores that broke the streetdate and then leaked from it or streamed gameplay
>>
>>27431161
They might now.
And even if they get it on that same day they're gonna be able to get a list done in minutes.
>>
>>27431173
No. TPCi/Nintendo is gonna go hard on stores now. The same thing won't be happening.

Anyways, the point is that the Kalos Dex was disappointing and small.
>>
>>27431225
Oh please. They'll never catch all the stores that break street date.
>>
>>27430801
This. What's that, you want to use phanphy? Enjoy a 2% encounter rate on route 46 in the morning only. Oh, and it can run too! Ok, so you want to use Teddiursa instead? OK, 5% encounter rate in dark cave in the morning! And don't hit too hard, because they only show up at level 2!
>>
>>27431244
Anyways, the point is that the Kalos Dex was disappointing and small.

If the Alpha Dex leaks and is big and actually good, there won't be disappointment.
>>
>>27430881
yeah, this is something they should do, a lot of pokemon are forgettable mostly because you never use them unless you go out of your way for them later
Lickitung is a good example too, gen 2 is the earliest you could ever catch one and its after the 7th gym
>>
>>27431286
You can catch a Likitung in platinum after the 5th badge.
>>
>>27431344
oh, neat, I'll try and remember that
never played platinum, I just remembered it in swarms in DP, being victory road in one game and wild at like 50+ in another
>>
>>27430881

I'm hoping we get another BW2 deal with baby pokemon. Put Magby, Elekid, Tyrogue, etc. in the early game. Spices up the variety without giving away Pokemon that are too strong right away.

XY had this with Riolu available fairly early, I think, but that was it.
>>
>>27430038
I've always wanted every single pokemon available in the wild. The variety would be nice for a second playthrough and people would go through the game with unique teams
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.