[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Things you've always wondered about pokemon that probably

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

ITT: Things you've always wondered about pokemon that probably can't be answered

Where does Hypno get its medallion from? Does it make it when it evolves? Is it part of it, even attached to its palm?
>>
File: hersmileandoptimismgone.jpg (372KB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
hersmileandoptimismgone.jpg
372KB, 4000x3000px
what does she smell like?
>>
>>27428880
Nothing, cause it's not real
>>
>>27428880
Whatever space smells like.
>>
>>27428889
>tfw failed in making a gardevoir tulpa so i could smell her
;_;
>>
>>27428851
Maybe not answered, but speculated, yes.

How does the title of Champion work? In the anime, can you become a champion of any region, being from, for example, Kanto? Is there any international championship?
And how does it work in games? Is it just something like a badge, so many people can have the title at the same time? That would explain the fact how Diantha, Lance etc. are still "the" champions...
>>
>>27428851
It makes one
It's just a rock in some twine

>>27428880
Wild grass, sweat, and whatever the fuck their diet is

>>27428965
A champion needs to collect all eight badges and beat the Elite Four and the most recent champion
The hero being a champion doesn't make Diantha not one, and you're not automatically knocked off your pedestal if you don't want to be.

>Is there and international championship?
PWT
But they'll probably expand the idea in the future.
>>
Are there pokemon that live in complex communities like gorillas, or even humans?
Will we ever have firm confirmation to all the pokemon implied to be from another planet?
>>27428916
http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/07/25/what-does-space-smell-like-some-say-steak-some-say-metal/
>>
>>27428851
If this is a thread then
>Primeape Gloves?
>Machoke/Champ belt?
>Jynx dress?
>Hitmonchan skirt?
>Throh/Sawk robes?

there's too much inexplicable shit op, they're just designs
>>
>>27429372
>The hero being a champion doesn't make Diantha not one, and you're not automatically knocked off your pedestal if you don't want to be.
Blue was a new champ, and he was knocked off when Red beat him
Though, since it's never mentioned that Blue had to beat anyone else after Lance, i guess there might be some implication that they didn't have one at the time, for whatever reason
>>
File: 250px-102Exeggcute.png (58KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-102Exeggcute.png
58KB, 250x250px
How do six detached, separately sentient eggs become classified as a single Pokémon? Is a single egg technically one Exeggcute? Who decided that six together would be labeled as a Pokémon?

And how the fuck do eggs hatch out of eggs?
>>
Where is South America?
"A POKéMON of South America that was thought to have been extinct. It is very intelligent and learns any move."
>>
Why can't I use a baby kangaskhan in battle?
>>
>>27429382
Many pokémon live in complex communities like Durant, Combee, Houndoom, Bulbasaur, and fused pokémon like magneton, if you count them.

Also, how can space have a smell if the particle to space ratio is so small?

>>27429414
There was probably someone before him.
Whoever Blue beat retired.
Blue didn't retire, as he can be rematched again and again. You both have champion status, however.

>>27429410
>Part of the body
>Depending on generation, made by machoke or natural markings
>Part of the body; it's the actual body and it's a solid form in XY when Gardevoir's dress has an underneath
>Part of the body, just like Gardevoir's dress
>Robes are body markings, the belt is made from twine and replaced frequently

>>27429447
Psychic connection
They literally can't be separated due to Psychic magnetism
They're also intermediate seed pods, not eggs.

>>27429449
Regions are different from continents and countries. The real world countries and continents contain regions.

>>27429485
It's a baby. Without a mother and a mega stone, it can't fight.
>>
File: pokemans.png (124KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
pokemans.png
124KB, 800x800px
>>27428965
It's probably one of those titels that you get to keep for the rest of your life and several people can hold at the same time.
I guess its much like the worlds strongest man title in real life.
>>
>>27429526
Then why can other babies like Happiny and Togepi fight?
>>
>>27429570
They're not as dependent on their mother.
>>
>>27429578
I call bs. Also why don't we see intermediate growth kangaskhans?
>>
>>27429593
Use a cubone
>>
File: kangaskhan-mega.jpg (32KB, 300x306px) Image search: [Google]
kangaskhan-mega.jpg
32KB, 300x306px
>>27429593
I guess we sort of do when it turns into Mega Kangaskhan, but that raises even more questions of why the child would then revert back into a baby. It's like it's perpetually infantile.
>>
>>27429593
Kangaroos are completely helpless until they leave their mother's pouch.
Also, the mother would never let you separate them or abandon the child.
Happiny can use all sorts of recovery and magical shit
You don't see an intermediate form because there is none. The "mother"and child are born at the same time and are basically two parts of one body, which is why there is no father and why when an egg hatches, out come both. The "baby" acts as an operator of the more powerful mother, as shown in attack animations, and is only powerful enough to fight outside the pouch once the mega stone is active. The mother can function on its own, but it emotionally and psychically dependent on the child's well being
>>
>>27429708
So it's a symbiotic relationship
>>
>>27429748
Yes.
>>
Why do we no longer need a Sylph Scope to see Ghost type Pokemon?

How do Ghost-Type Pokemon differ from actual ghosts?

How are Pokemon brought into existence? For example, Voltorb and Electrode appeared shortly after Pokeballs were invented.

What's the Pokemonworld afterlife like?

How do Pokemon and humans differ? For example, can humans be caught in Pokeballs? And how is it possible to create them out of computer programming (like Porygon) and then bring them into reality?
>>
Is human/mon marriage legal?
>>
>>27430171
Mr Mime is confirmed to be Ashes dad so yes
>>
How are Dittos made?
>>
>>27430053
Perhaps the ghosts being able to disguise themselves is a paranormal attribute of Pokemon Tower. It isn't seen anywhere else in the world and if you catch them they aren't able to use that ability.

You could also argue it's a tech-related place and the Silph Scope was technology that eventually got incorporated into standard trainer gear like the Pokedex.
>>
So can ghost types just not die or are ghosts and ghost type Pokemon different things?
>>
>>27430754
ghosts are dead they can't die. yes some ghost pokemon are dead pokemon/people but some aren't/it's not important.
>>
>>27430773
>live a shitty life
>die alone
>become some kids shitty ghastly
>get ko'd all the time until he boxes me forever
>>
Why do young trainers have to leave for their journey when they're 10?
>>
>>27431193
why are there even younger npcs that you can battle if you can't become a trainer before you're 10
>>
>>27428965
maybe like a knighthood thing, then every time challenging the elite four is like renewing your title as the champion
>>
>>27431094
>you're practically immortal
>wait until civilisation and humans die out
>rule the new world with all the other nigh unkillable Pokemon
>profit

Happened like that in the mystery dungeon universe.
>>
>>27431193
see pokemon go
>>
>>27429526
>Blue didn't retire, as he can be rematched again and again. You both have champion status, however.
I don't think this is the case. Every time you go to fight him you get the exact same dialogue. If you were both champ, surely they'd have something different to say after the first time you beat him. Technically you are the champ because you've beaten him, but the game always treats it as if it's your first time going through.
The way I see it, it just works like a real championship title works; the champ gets beaten and loses his title to his victor. The Elite Four is just a title contendership gauntlet.
>>
>>27431996
Maybe he did and no post game was added, but after gen 2, dialogue changes when you rematch champions.
>>
>>27432022
Oh shit, do they? Damn, never mind. I never noticed it then.
>>
File: 1447357789580.png (388KB, 566x606px) Image search: [Google]
1447357789580.png
388KB, 566x606px
>>27430053

What if Porygon was the first Pokemon to be 3D-printed,or maybe it 3D-printed itself into existence
>>
>>27428851
Why isn't Psyduck half psychic type?
>>
>>27430517

I've always imagined they reproduce via mitosis.
>>
>>27430517
Well, when a mommy ditto and a daddy ditto love each other very much...
>>
>>27432142
Bevause it has no natural weakness to bugs or spectral powers and its psychic powers aren't as strong as those of Pokemon classified as Psychic.
>>
>>27431193
They dont have to

>>27431216
because thats from the anime and the anime is not canon
>>
>>27430053
I imagine there's an unknown life force in the Pokemon world that clings to things to turn them into Pokemon, like background radiation and it's what gives Pokemon their powers and evolution abilities
>>
>>27430353
Wait what
>>
>>27430171
it should be
>>
>>27432534
Like midichlorians in star wars?
>>
>>27432424
it's not just the anime though, there are trainer classes that are clearly younger than 10
like Preschoolers, Poké Kids, Tubers, Twins etc...
>>
>>27434054
being a trainer doesn't mean owning Pokemon, it means going on an adventure to become the strongest while working towards the league, they aren't true trainers, just kids battling Pokemon.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.