[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

about to start a new game in HeartGold

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: HeartGold_EN_boxart.jpg (21KB, 250x228px) Image search: [Google]
HeartGold_EN_boxart.jpg
21KB, 250x228px
I'm gonna pick Totodile.

What should the rest of my team be?

I really want a good team that I won't have to grind a lot.
>>
Nidoking
Arcanine
>>
You can also get Larvitar from Safari zone
>>
Espeon
>>
Umbreon
Ampharos
Mamoswine
Noctowl
Foretress

All Johto and its a guarantee you will steamroll most of the gyms.
>>
>>27428192
>Ampharos
No. Ampharos is the Typhlosion of Electric types.
>>
Just throwing out some suggestions of great pokemon

Feraligatr/Lapras/Slowbro
Arcanine
Espeon
Heracross/Machamp
Tyranitar
Mamoswine
>>
Soft reset for a shiny totodile or the first one you see and base your team around it.
>>
>>27428121

I like these two and I wasn't even aware you could get Arcanine in HG so I might get these.

>>27428140

I forgot about this, I will probably get that.

>>27428146
>>27428192

>Espeon
>Umbreon

I'm not sure, don't you get Eevee at a really low level and it's a bitch to train?

>Ampharos

Already used it TONS of times, not sure I want to again.

>Mamoswine

Maybe but you get it REALLY late in the game, like after 7th gym right?

>Noctowl

Used it before, it kinda sucks if I recall.

>Fortress

Not a bad idea, I've always liked it but never actually used it.

>>27428246

>Heracross/Machamp

Heracross would probably be easier because then I wouldn't have to trade, but I don't know where you get it.

So I guess my team will be:

>Feraligatr
>Nidoking
>Arcanine
>Tyranitar
>Foretress
>Heracross

except that leaves the problem of no flying type...are there any decent flying types besides Noctowl and Pideot? Maybe I could swap Nidoking for one, I've used Nidoking a lot in other games.
>>
>>27428242
No, it is literally the only viable, non-legendary electric type. Luxrayfags can gtfo
>>
rhydon, it steam rolls lance once you teach it avalanche from ice path

and basically anything else since it learns earthquake and stone edge naturally
>>
>>27428111
>Geodude --> Graveler
It learns Rock Slide early. Congrats, you just easily defeated the first two gyms and your rival's Quilava.

>Mareep --> Ampharos
First two gyms just got easier. Very useful later on

>Togetic
Pretty good all around
>>
>>27428518
You get Eevee at Goldenrod after the third gym I believe. I might be wrong though.

Crobat is okay as a flier, Magmar can be useful as a Fire-type especially if you have trade access, Mamoswine is easy to grab and fairly strong to boot.
>>
>>27428287
>wasting your time for a meaningless aesthetic feature driven only by RNG stacked against the player
underage detected
>>
while ampharos may be pretty lackluster stat wise the electric type is extremely useful in johto and theres no other good electric types to be found
>>
>>27428698
but you dont get the magmarizer before after all 16 gym leaders. Though magmar is a champ even without the evolution
>>
Yeah only other option in Johto for an electric type is Lanturn or Jolteon. With a Totodile Lanturn would be a waste, and lets be honest if you're going through HGSS wasting eevee on Jolteon is a crime.

For a flying type try Natu or even Yanmega, but that Bug type is gonn ma be a bitch for the later gyms and the E4. Crobat js something I completely forgot about, go for that for sure.
>>
>>27428788
There are electabuzz, manectric, and pachirisu in the safari zone
>>
>>27428788
too bad yanmega cant learn fly
>>
>>27428863
yes but that is way later in the game
>>
>>27428111

Persian

Technician fake out hurts a lot and it gets Nasty Plot at level 44 so you can sweep Lance with a bit of luck and previous setup.
>>
Alright, dubs decides my gender and name.
>>
>>27430820

bump
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.