[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: discuss non-evolving pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 17

File: non-evolving.jpg (101KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
non-evolving.jpg
101KB, 800x600px
These pokemon don't evolve, don't mega evolve and don't have baby forms. Discuss which should get what according to you, and explain why if you feel like it.

I'll start: shuckle should get a baby form that plays around with its stats, making it more offensively oriented. It'd be a nice concept to put shucle out of its shell in a prevo, and making it have wildly different stats would make it worth existing (besides the fact giving it an evolution would allow it to have eviolite). Girafarig should get an evo but I can't think of anything good.
>>
>>27427359
Plusle/Minum, Volbeat/Illumise, Lunatone/Solrock and Throh/Sawk at least have each other.

Other Pikaclones are also fine the way they are.

The rest should get megas.
>>
You forgot Basculin
>>
>>27427400
and Ditto
>>
>>27427400
I thought I'd miss something, sorry.

>>27427419
I purpusly left out ditto, I didn't feel it counted since it will never get anything since its such a gimmick mon.

>>27427395
Pikaclones need evos, if anything that'd make them more like pikachu, since raichus is still a thing that exists.
>>
>>27427400
And Unown and Rotom

Anon should have just removed every pokémon with alt forms including Castform and Furfrou
>>
>>27427359
Do you have the whole chart for this? I only have them up to Gen 4.

Opinion coming soon.
>>
>>27427423
furfrous forms are pointless. I probably shouldn't have included castform. Unown seemed pointless because its also super gimmicky, and rotom has forms

I'm getting an updated one in a sec

>>27427436
You mean chibi sprite art? if so I have up to gen 6, since ORAS megas weren't made
>>
>>27427441
Yes, the chibis. Would you mind sharing them?
>>
Give Tauros literally anything to make him better again. I want him to be as good as he was on Gen 1 again. He's one of my favorites and he has been trash since the Special/ Special Attack split. Fuck you John Q. Gamefreak. Why give something a great special attack pool and a shit special attack stat?
>>
why did gen V add so many mediocre single stage mons
>>
>>27427359
>all that gen 3
Why the fuck did they make everything a shitmon that gen?
>>
File: doublecheck.png (87KB, 666x824px) Image search: [Google]
doublecheck.png
87KB, 666x824px
filename
>>
File: Gen V chibi.png (2MB, 1604x1281px) Image search: [Google]
Gen V chibi.png
2MB, 1604x1281px
>>27427444
Ok, I'm posting gen 5 and 6 for you
>>
>>27427359
I'm going to make a party of them and use it in a Rising Ruby.
>>
File: Gen VI chibi.jpg (278KB, 1512x980px) Image search: [Google]
Gen VI chibi.jpg
278KB, 1512x980px
>>27427462
>dont have megas
Apply the filename to your reading.
>>
>>27427359
Farfetch'd
>evolution
Tauros and Miltank
>shared pre-evolution
Lapras
>mega
Girafirag
>nothing
Dunsparce
>evolution
Qwillfish
>mega
Shuckle
>nothing
Corsola
>mega
Delibird
>nothing
Skarmory
>pre-evo
Stantler
>nothing
Smeragle
>nothing
Volbeat and Illumise
>evolutions
Torkoal
>mega
Spinda
>mega
Zangoose and Seviper
>megas
Lunatone and Solrock
>nothing (but they're probably getting megas)
Castforme
>mega
Kecleon
>mega
Tropius
>pre evo
Relicanth
>nothing, should have been a fossil mon though
Luvdisc
>should evolve into Alomowhatever
Snowflake
>nothing
Stunfisk
>nothing
Buffalo
>should evolve from Tauros
Anteater
>evolution
Iront
>evolution
Furfrou
>nothing
Hawlucha
>mega
Carbink
>nothing
Klefki
>nothing

Pika clones shouldn't get anything either.
>>
File: 1461196953285.jpg (1MB, 2976x2016px) Image search: [Google]
1461196953285.jpg
1MB, 2976x2016px
>>27427469
Thanks. Can you post the rest of them too? I realized that the ones I had were low quality.
I'm not bullshitting.
>>
>>27427455
Sigilyph and Durant are legit. The rest aren't very good, I'll agree.

Meanwhile, the only good thing on >>27427462
out of Gen 3 is Sableye. Mawile and Absol can come if you want to count Megas. Rest are trash.
>>
Tauros needs a better STAB for its Sheer Force set. It has Electrivire syndrome: strong on its own, but doesn't net a lot of KOs in conjunction with no decent boosting moves, so it's honestly useless.

It's got a great speed tier and excellent coverage--Rock Slide, Zen Headbutt, Wild Charge. It a.) Needs something better than Rock Climb and b.) needs a better boosting move than Work Up. Even Bulk Up would be nice because you can compound it with Intimidate or go with the standard Sheer Force set.
>>
File: non-evolving.jpg (106KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
non-evolving.jpg
106KB, 800x600px
Ok, here's the updated version, sorry for fucking it up before

>>27427495
alright, comming up after this

>>27427504
I said pokemon that didn't have megas!
>>
File: gen I chibi.png (1MB, 1604x1239px) Image search: [Google]
gen I chibi.png
1MB, 1604x1239px
Gen I's chibis...
>>
File: Gen II chiby.png (986KB, 951x765px) Image search: [Google]
Gen II chiby.png
986KB, 951x765px
Gen II's chibis...
>>
>>27427486
The point of Relicanth was that people thought it was extinct, but it wasn't like the coelacanth it was based on.
>>
>>27427530
>I said pokemon that didn't have megas!
Fine then. Gen 3 has one usable pokemon from that list.
>while having 4 more total single-stages than any other gen
>while only being the 3rd largest gen

Has Gamefreak apologized for Gen 3 yet?
>>
File: Gen III chibi.png (1MB, 1318x988px) Image search: [Google]
Gen III chibi.png
1MB, 1318x988px
Gen III's chibis...
>>
File: Gen IV chibi.png (1005KB, 1311x1062px) Image search: [Google]
Gen IV chibi.png
1005KB, 1311x1062px
>>27427556
Its also weird to point out, despite being the smalest gen dex-wise, Kalos doesn't have the least amount of single-stage mons

Also, here's the last chibi sheet
>>
Farfetch'd
>evolution
Tauros and Miltank
>shared pre-evolution
Lapras
>(maybe 2) pre-evolution
Unown
>nothing
Girafarig
>pre-evolution
>mega
Dunsparce
>evolution
Qwilfish
>evolution
Shuckle
>nothing
Corsola
>evolution
Delibird
>evolution
>maybe pre-evolution
Skarmory
>pre-evolution
Stantler
>pre-evolution
Smeargle
>nothing
Plusle and Minun
>evolutions
Volbeat and Illumise
>evolutions
>shared pre-evolution
Torkoal
>evolution
>maybe pre-evolution
Spinda
>nothing
Zangoose and Seviper
>megas
>pre-evolutions
Lunatone and Solrock
>shared pre-evolution
Castform
>evolution
Kecleon
>mega
>maybe pre-evolution
Tropius
>pre-evolution
>mega
Relicanth
>nothing
Luvdisc
>(maybe 2) evolution
Pachirisu
>evolution
Chatot
>evolution
>pre-evolution
Spiritomb
>nothing
Carnivine
>evolution
>pre-evolution
Rotom
>more forms
(CONT)
>>
>>27427570
wasn't the guy that asked but i downloaded them all so thank you
>>
Shiny Carbink shouldn't exist and instead there should be a 1/8192 chance to encounter a Diancie
>>
(CONT)
Throh and Sawk
>shared pre-evolution
Basculin
>pre-evolution
>evolution
Maractus
>pre-evolution
>evolution
Sigilyph
>pre-evolution
Emolga
>evolution
Alomomola
>pre-evolution
Cryogonal
>pre-evolution
Stunfisk
>pre-evolution
Druddigon
>pre-evolution
Bouffalant
>pre-evolution
Heatmor
>pre-evolution
Durant
>pre-evolution
>evolution
Furfrou
>pre-evolution
Dedenne
>evolution
Hawlucha
>pre-evolution
>mega
Carbink
>nothing
Klefki
>nothing
>>27427570
Thanks.
>>
>>27427588
Why prevos for lapras? it needs an evo, maybe make it a cooler verison of the myth its based on.

>>27427591
>>27427598
You're welcome
>>
>>27427588
>>27427598
>ever wanting more baby pokemon
Fuck off out of here.
>>
They shouldn't get anything, I love them the way they are.
>>
>>27427530
>Farfetch'd
>Lapras
>Girafarig
>Dusnparce
>Qwilfish
>Shuckle
>Corsola
>Delibird
>Skarmory
>Stantler
>Smeargle
>Torkoal
>Spinda
>Kecleon
>Tropius
>Relicanth
>Luvdisc
>Chatot
>Spiritomb
>Carnivine
>Maractus
>Sigilyph
>Alomomola
>Cryogonal
>Stunfisk
>Bouffalant
>Furfrou
>Hawlucha
>Carbink
>Klefki
Mega

>Tauros + Miltank
>Plusle + Minum
>Volbeat + Illumise
>Zangoose + Seviper
>Solrock + Lunatone
>Basculin-Blue + Basculin-Red
>Throh + Sawk
>Heatmor + Durant
>Pikachu/Pachirisu/Emolga/Dedenne/Togedemaru + other electric type
Special Synchro move when used together in a double battle

>Ditto
>Unown
>Rotom
Too gimmicky. Leave them as they are
>>
File: standalone.png (653KB, 1456x1284px) Image search: [Google]
standalone.png
653KB, 1456x1284px
You can hate me all you want. I prefer Pokemon with more evolutions. I don't mind babies. As long as they are cool I don't care that they are useless.
>>27427612
535 BST
2.5 m
220 kg
>>27427622
Don't use them if you don't want to. Also, I didn't say baby. I want pre-evos. I don't care about breeding mechanics, they can be changed.
>>
>>27427733
Babies are pre-evos, you stupid cunt.

Why the fuck would you want what we already have, but worse?
>>
>>27427753
>I prefer Pokemon with more evolutions.
>As long as they are cool I don't care that they are useless.
>Don't use them if you don't want to.
If higher BST Pokemon get pre-evolutions that gives you a chance to catch them earlier in the game. You can catch a baby Skarmory on Route 2. This also gives players option to use otherwise late-game Pokemon. Nobody caught a Heatmor because by the time they gt there, they already had a full team or wanted a pseudo.
>>
>>27427733
Why is lapras so bad with that BST? that's like the second best in gen 1 after arcanine, it outclasses several starters. Is it the typing? I still would like it to get a mega so it'd be better. Also, coud you share a template for that diagram?

>>27427753
I personaly like playing in little cup, and babies of existing great mons could work wonders in there.
>>
File: standalone TEMPLATE.png (75KB, 1452x1476px) Image search: [Google]
standalone TEMPLATE.png
75KB, 1452x1476px
>>27427790
>>
>>27427830
Thanks

>>27427595
That would make shiny hunting actually interesting.
>>
>>27427733
>Shuckle
>Nothing
Wasted double dubs
>>
>>27427893
It has a good niche, high defenses, Stick Web, Stealth Rock.
>>
As someone who recently got back into Pokemon what's the point of mega evolutions? The wiki says it's only for a single battle. Also to contribute Kecleon deserves a second evolution.
>>
>>27427733
You should put Volbeat+Illumise into shared pre-evo, that evolves based on gender.
>>
>>27427941
It's not like you only get to do it once ever in the game. You can do it once in every single battle. Think of it like going Super Saiyan, but for pokemon.
>>
>>27427961
Yeah, I messed up the green ring should've touched the blue one. I might update it if it's a problem for others.
>>
>>27427941
One pokemon in your team can become super powered. Some become so strong they can tear through whole teams, however the effects are only applied after the first turn of transformation, and they can't carry items aside from ther mega stone.
>>
>>27427733
For what purpose would you want a Basculin prevo?
>>
>>27427790
>Why is lapras so bad with that BST?
The equilibrated stats and its movepool make it a perfect "jack of all trades, master of none".
While he can do several things and take up different roles, in all generations anything he could do could be done better by others.

This has always been like this in almost all kinds of games: better have a few awesome characteristics that being just good in all of them.
Still my favorite gen1 pokemon though.
>>
>>27427986
To have a chance to get both stripes regardless the version. It also has fairly decent BST and it's 1 meter long.
>>
>>27427989
>he
>>
File: standalone TEMPLATE.png (74KB, 1452x1476px) Image search: [Google]
standalone TEMPLATE.png
74KB, 1452x1476px
updated
>>
>>27427999
You could have just answered with "autism" and saved yourself a bunch of words.
>>
>>27428022
Which post is yours?
>>
File: standalone OP.png (603KB, 1452x1476px) Image search: [Google]
standalone OP.png
603KB, 1452x1476px
>>27427989
I wish it got an evo that did like porygon-Z and scizor, and just added a tiny bit more BST while relocating the totals to make it good, its such a wonderfull design and a lost opportunity.

>>27428022
This is an opinion and discussion thread, anon. That was his opinion, but you're not giving much room for discussion

Here's mine
>>
>>27428056
Evo for Tauros and Mega for Miltank. Why? Other than that solid list.
>>
>>27427359
Why does Hoenn have so many gimmicky partner single evos
>>
>>27428056
lmao pre-evo for 0'08" Dedenne
>>
>>27428072
It introduced double battles

>>27428076
pikachu has a prevo

>>27428067
They both have good stat distribution but shitty overall stats, however, tauros could use its item, miltank doesn't need it. Also I never bought into the idea their related, wasn't that even denied by GF itself?
>>
>>27428099
>>27428076
Nvm, I grossly mistook the proportions. Still, not all pokemon become bigger when evolving, the porygon line stays almost the same size the whole way through.

That or it could give competition as the smallest to floette and joltik
>>
>>27428099
Pikachu is twice as big and three times as heavy.

Tauros is male only, Miltank is female only. They appear in horde battles together. They learn moves at the same levels. Same BST. Found at the same routes. They both have their Japanese names. Same egg group, same leveling rate, next to each other in the regional Pokedexes. Same type, same hatchrate, same base friendship.

If you try to nitpick, you're in denial.

The explanation for your decision is decent btw.
>>
>>27428136
I'm not in denial, I just never really gave it much thought. But by all that evidence I'm pretty sure you're right. I guess they could both get an evo or a mega. I'm not sure what would be a better fit.
>>
Tauros, Lapras, Shuckle, Skarmory, Smeargle, Sigilyth, Druddigon, Durant, Hawlucha and Klefki are all usable
The rest are sinfully bad
>>
I came to realization now that nobody cares about druddigon, since I forgot him by accident and it took me this long to figure it out...
>>
>>27427753
Babies get unique move options.
If not for Riolu, Lucario couldnt have Nasty Plot
>>
>>27428212
>delete Riolu
>put Nasty Plot in Lucario's move list
So babies add nothing to the game, then?
>>
>>27428220
Why are you so mad about babies? did a wynaut kill a nuzlocke of yours or something?
>>
>>27428235
Just wasted slots where we could have had something useful or interesting instead.
>>
>>27428220
No, thats not how it works.

Riolu gets Nasty Plot at an extremely high level. It evolves into Lucario by Happiness, so the justification is that if it hasnt evolved by level 47, you must be mistreating it so it starts having evil thoughts and thus learns a move that otherwise is completely contradictory to its theme.

You dont see Kyurem learning Flamethrower or Diglett learning Bounce.
Likewise, Wynaut allows Wobbuffet to learn... literally anything besides its base movepool, Tyrogue can inherit moves from its father letting us have High Jump Kick Hitmonchan and Mach Punch hitmontop, etc. etc.

Thats the whole point of Babymons, to introduce new moves to their adult stages that otherwise wouldnt make sense.
>>
>>27428268
Babies are useful, gid gud
>>
>>27428268
You do realize most of the times they aren't wasting anything, right? the gen famous for introducing the most baby mons was gen IV, and that had very little pokemon in the first place, then you have gen V and III that had a bunch of pokemon with little to no baby mons.

Baby pokemon dont "take away slots", if GF feels like adding babies they will, just like adding more stuff, the only thing that matters is the creativity and how many mons they can come up with in the first place.
>>
>>27428268
Do you honestly believe that?
>>
>>27428268
>wasted slots
That's not how it works.

If they removed the babymons from Gen 4 that Gen would simply have 100 pokémon instead of 107 (Riolu would just be a regular pre-evo) instead of having 7 completely new pokémon.
>>
>>27428295
>the gen famous for introducing the most baby mons was gen IV
It's tied with Gen II
>>
>>27428326
People remember gen IV as the "retouching previous gen's mons" generation though
>>
File: standalone TEMPLATE.png (645KB, 2616x2204px) Image search: [Google]
standalone TEMPLATE.png
645KB, 2616x2204px
added Druddigon
replaces circles
>>
>>27428360
And people don't associate Gen II with babies despite introducing them? You're fucked in the head.
>>
>>27428387
You really standarized this whole thing, nice

>>27428389
Thanks for the insult. I thought gen II was often remembered as just gen 1.5 . And most people don't asociate cross gen evos with gen II either. Just because one gen introduces something doesn't mean it will be famous for it if another does it better.
>>
>>27428413
>I thought
Reality isn't your headcanon.
>>
>>27428462
That's not what I meant, and you'd know if you'd read it
>>
File: standalone.png (763KB, 2616x2204px) Image search: [Google]
standalone.png
763KB, 2616x2204px
>>27427733
Updated. Template is really big but it's good if you don't want to use chibi images.
>>
File: solo.gif (11KB, 41x45px) Image search: [Google]
solo.gif
11KB, 41x45px
Any of them getting evolutions is fine by me, never use single stage mons for some reason
>>
>>27429698
Right? They are so boring.
>>
Buffalant should be Tauros evokution
>>
Who did the chobits art?
>>
>>27427359
Spiritomb, Seviper, Sigilyph, Zangoose, and Hawlucha should get Megas. The others should have evos or prevos.

Except the Pikaclones. Those can stay trash.
>>
>>27429836
>Chibi
Fuck!
>>
>>27429766
Stop this meme.
>>
>>27427733
There should be a 'Mega' Spinda, where you give it a beer bottle to hold.

The beer is... reacting?
There's no glow.
He just holds the bottle and spins even harder while taking sips.
>>
>>27428268
>wasted slots
They're prevos you retard. I guess Squirtle and Chimchar are wasted slots because you could just start out with Wartortle and Monferno.
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.