[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The fuck is up with fire?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: _4305574.png (10KB, 501x195px) Image search: [Google]
_4305574.png
10KB, 501x195px
Someone better explain to me why a type based around such a weak and frail thing that is fire is the objectively second best defensive typing, even moreso than an ACTUALLY defensive typing like poison?!
>>
File: 1453426654690.png (190KB, 540x482px) Image search: [Google]
1453426654690.png
190KB, 540x482px
Fire was a pretty middle of the road typing until Gen 6 where they made it resist Fairy for no good reason.

My theory is GF buffed Fire so that Mega Zard X would take neutral damage from fairies. If GF actually gave a shit about type balance, Grass would be the one resisting Fairy, but pushing Charizard takes precedent over that, clearly.
>>
>>27426705
Throw water on a fire, it goes out. Throw dirt on a fire, it goes out.

But, throw leaves at a fire, they burn up. Throw bugs at a fire, they burn up. Throw steel at a fire, they melt. Throw ice at a fire, it melts. Throw a fairy at a fire, it burns up.

I would personally advocate for making Fire resist Poison in exchange for making Water weak to Poison.
>>
>>27426732
The logic leaps for fire are too many. All 6 resistances are explained this way, but that should be made into attacks, not defenses. They could've made fire the best attacker, beating 6 types offensively, and have 5 weaknesses like grass and rock, and it'd be set. Make it weak to, I don't know, dragon? since they use it, and ice since it melts and becomes water? I just think it shouln't be defensively focused, but offensively.

Also, don't make fire more OP please
>>
>>27426725
I think that it's because fairies live in the forest and they can't do much when it burns
>>
>>27426732
>>27426776
>>throw a fairy at a fire, it burns up
You can throw anything at a fire and it'll burn up, going off this logic, fire should be SE on literally everything. It's a flimsy argument.
>>they can't do much when it burns
The same applies to fighting or psychic.

I get you're trying to rationalize GF's decision but no matter how you look at it, theres no way to explain it past GF just wanting fire types (read: Charizard) to be more powerful.
>>
>>27426727
This fucking picture needs to be banable
>>
>>27426817
Not before frogposting
>>
File: 1467171861003.jpg (36KB, 413x506px) Image search: [Google]
1467171861003.jpg
36KB, 413x506px
>>27426817
>>
Same reason they made Fairy resist bug, so that Gardevoir can be all like, I'm not weak to Bug and stuff.
>>
>>27426732
>>27426810
>throw a rock into a fire
>it gets hot
>throw rock at enemy
ouch
>>
>>27426766
>but that should be made into attacks, not defenses.
Thats retarded.
>>
>>27426873
Why? fire is a frail thing, but it can be used in a bunch of different ways to burn things. If anything it makes more sense for this to be the hyper-offensive type than ice.
>>
>>27426880
>fire is a frail thing,
Only in small amounts which would make anything frail but with fire it rages out of control very quickly to the point where you can't douse it and have to let it burn out.
Plus fire type refers to the temperature as well as the actual fire.
>>
>>27426909
>challenge my friend to a triple battle
>send out my 3 favorite pokemon; darmanitan, magmortar, and mega charizard x
>friend's pokemon uses earthquake
>my fire that raged out of control gets put out
wtf??
>>
is this bait? fire is one of the most offensive types in the game with an average 111 SpA and 99 Atk. The only real defensive fire types that i can think of are heatran, heat rotom, and torkoal (only one of which getting a lot of competitive play).
>>
>>27426974
>heat doesnt get a lot of play
washfags leave
>>
File: Fuck You.jpg (37KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck You.jpg
37KB, 620x465px
>>27426705
>>
>>27426863
that would be extremely painful
>>
>>27427007
You're a big guy
>>
>>27426705

>Second best defensive typing
>Fire was an unusable type for a decade except for Heatran because of sneaky pebbles
>>
>>27426968
Throw dirt on a fire and it goes out
>>
File: delet shinji.jpg (24KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
delet shinji.jpg
24KB, 500x375px
>>27426727
>>
>>27427020
For you
>>
How is Fire a good defensive type? Weak to rocks, weak to ground, weak to Scald? Only good Fire types are Zards, Talonflame, Heatran and Volcanion, Heatran is the only defensive one and that's cos it's got the Steel typing plus Flash Fire, Fire type offers it little to no benefit, possibly even bad for it, outside of its offensive uses such as STAB Lava Plume.
>>
>>27426974
Fire has the most resistances after steel. I meant the type, not its pokemon. That's like saying ice is a defensive type because of shit like aavaalug, glalie, glaceon and abomasnow
>>
>>27426705
ROCKS and water everywhere
>>
>>27427088
>>27427143
>>
>>27427143
I think being weak to the offensively strong rock moves, bulky water types, and tanky ground types balances it out. The only offensively relevant thing it's defensive against is fairy. You could make a case for Bug and Ice, but both of those have other problems way bigger than having a disadvantage against Fire types. Besides, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think most bug and ice types have good synergy with most ground types, anyway.
>>
>>27426705
It's less the six resists and more the worst possible weaknesses.
>Rock
>Ground
Death sentence put together
>Water
Not a great one to be weak to either.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.