[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I remember going on youtube a bunch when I was younger and I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

I remember going on youtube a bunch when I was younger and I was always excited to see what my favorite poketubers were up to in their pbr wifi battles. I remember their being so much originality in pbr, people would use lesser used pokemon and make up their own sets and still manage to win, or at least provide a fun to watch battle.

I remember myself too, pbr was the only game where I actually bothered to want to EV train my pokemon and give them the best movesets.

But these days, everything seems so stale, no matter what battle format I play, I'm always faced with the same several or so pokemon per tier. It's always the best, strongest, pokemon and it's just not fun anymore. I get that part of it is me growing up, but so has everybody else, because every battle online seems so serious, like people just play to win and shun the bad or unorthodox players. I'm nostalgic for the days of fun, poorly put together pbr videos by amateur youtubers, because at least it was always something new.

>inb4 blog post
there's a lot of more cancerous stuff on vp right now
>>
>>27423702
i blame smogon
>>
>>27423720
that is part of it. I respect smogon for wanting to make a healthy metagame, which is fine, but with that comes a bunch of mindless teams. I mean, look on the ou sample teams on smogon forums then play a few battles on showdown. Once you get high enough, everything is just a variation of those cores, it gets boring.
>>
>>27423702
>playing competitive
There's your problem. I'm not even trying to shitpost; competitive pokemon is just boring and repetitive during seasons when transferred pokemon are legal.

The SM-only season this November will be interesting. Special tournaments like monogen and Pikachu Cup are interesting.

Pure competitive is boring.
>>
who were the best classic poketubers
most are literally whos now but i remember

>darklatios777
>overhazard
>dreadcooler

i know there more though
>>
>>27423702
>going on youtube a bunch when I was younger

Is this like the "Alomomola when I was younger" guy? Or am I just so old that it's strange to me that there are non-underaged who were kids when YouTube existed?
>>
>>27423900
think you're getting old senpai, i'm 20 and the videos i remember watching were from like 8 years ago
>>
>>27423900
You're getting old
I first found Youtube when I was in 6th grade, and I'm currently 21.
>>
>>27423746
Its not smogon fault, they are just the face of competitive singles battles, nobody give a fuk about battle spot singles, not even GF, and they are the only ones than can do something at all
The power creep is bigger than in DP, and youre better using the few mons than can keep with it, and GF keep making mons than are a better or worst version of other, at least in SM they are starting to do some unique mons, but usless they do something with the old shitmons without making the powercreep worse we are not going to see many originals teams in the high ladder, only the best things of the season in every team
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.