[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on FR/LG? I feel like theyre the least talked about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 6

Thoughts on FR/LG? I feel like theyre the least talked about pokemon game and very underrated
>>
>>27421682
POWER RANKING REMAKES

PLATNIUM
SOUL SILVER
HEART GOLD
FIRE RED
LEAF GREEN
CRYSTAL
ORAS
>>
>>27421700
>Crystal
>Remake
>>
>>27421682
Because Kanto is a region that almost everyone has played, also it didn't make any big changes like HGSS and ORAS.

But it's really fucking good.
>>
>>27421682
They're shit
>>
>>27421700
Platinum and Crystal count in your strange remake world, but not Emerald?
>>
They're really good. Probably not as good as Emerald, but better than R/S. I felt it was a strange design choice to restrict anything beyond the original 151 to the postgame: I remember being pretty upset that my Golbat kept trying to evolve but couldn't. The Sevii Islands were really neat. Trainer Tower was kind of bullshit and nowhere near Battle Frontier levels of cool but at least it was unique.

It's the number 1 way to experience Kanto without playing a ROM hack.
>>
>>27421682
They're very average. Not in a bad way. Just adequate.

I do wonder why the Sevii Islands aren't discussed more. Its pretty much a mother region. Do people like it?
>>
>>27421735
Simple, better art, johto pokemon, battle tower, 8 islands, still some of the toughest Elite 4. I think it did gen 1 justice for the buggy mess it was. Shame they didn't take some of the things from Emerald and put it on FR/LG. Would have been a very bold remake
>>
>>27421773
Exploring the sevvi islands for the first time was amazing and actually felt adventurous. Sadly they were empty as hell. Would have been tits if they had included a Johto legendary on one of the islands. Sadly Ho-Oh and Lugia were events only at the time
>>
>>27421682
Only remakes so far to nail the soundtrack.
>>
You can't get fucking Staryu and Growlithe in the same game!

Also they didn't consider that Bellsprout 40 fucking points of special defense (down to 30) since Gen 1, so LG players who picked Charmander just have to grind their balls off to beat Misty.
>>
Sterilized, boring and the one meaningful addition, the Sevii Islands, were fucking nothing.
>>
>>27422430
Pikachu can be found in viridian forest can't it?
>>
If you want to CATCH EM' ALLâ„¢ do you still need those two games?
>>
>>27422474
The trouble is that it won't be faster, has nonexistant defenses and doesn't actually resist Water attacks. A Pikachu cannot defeat the Starmie without a significant level advantage; you have to grind it to a greater extend than you would a Charmeleon.

Only Paras, Magikarp and Bellsprout resist Water at that point. Best bet might be Clefable/Wigglytuff with their readily available evolution stones and sp.defense.
>>
>>27422553
If you're trying in gen 3, then yep. Slowpoke line is exclusively available in leafgreen, and you'll need at least one for the starters and fossils. Since you need to complete the sevii islands subquest to trade to hoenn or orre games, you might as well have one game complete and another to restart and farm starters/fossils for.
>>
>>27422671
So, does every Gen I-V Pokemon appear in Gen VI? You don't need to trade from Gen III GBA games to Gen VI do you?
>>
>>27421682

It's fine. It's serviceable as a remake of gen 1.

I prefer the original gen 1, mostly because the colorized version of Kanto doesn't live up to how I perceive Kanto when playing in black and white. I know that sounds dumb.

Also GBA sound chip is garbo.
>>
>>27422704
Unless you want to keep the mons you trained or have some old event mons, between XY and ORAS, every single Pokemon is or will be available. Hell, even Manaphy, which previously required you to beat a Ranger game to get an egg in Gen IV has been given out via Mystery Gift.
>>
>>27422578
Nope, best bet is still Bellsprout. Even with its terrible Special Defense, it learns Growth and Sleep Powder early, so a team of Bellsprouts spamming Sleep Powder and Growth can Vine Whip Misty's Staryu and Starmie to death easily. Pikachu can help after sleep has taken effect. That's how I do it when I replay LG and choose Charmander.
>>
>>27421784
Firered and leafgreen were before emerald anon.
>>
They're shit
>>
>>27421682
I was petrified at the thought of asking for shit as a kid but LG was my first pokemon game

like my dad literally back handed me with itit in because he knew I wanted it. I was so confused but happy

I was like, "What?"
And he was all "Its ok to ask for things you want sometimes. You cant always be so passive!"

Then we got ice cream :)
>>
>>27422861
Your dad beat you with a game box?
>>
Very underrated actually. Pretty great remakes in every way. Only thing that really bothers me about them is that they changed Giovanni's ace [as the 8th gym leader] from a Rhydon to a Rhyhorn for some unknown reason.
>>
>>27421682
JOHTO BOY
>>
>Made BOTH water/psychic types exclusive to the same game
>When they weren't exclusive at all in the originals
>Didn't add in the new evolution and left out a ton of new mechanics
Mediocre remake.
>>
i bet they remake gen 1 again before DPP
>>
>>27423074

I mean it's technically next on the list.

Didn't you know, they're planning to remake EVERY game, even the remakes. So R/S comes FR/LG.

In all seriousness, I was expecting them to announce Red/Blue remakes for the anniversary until they revealed the virtual console games.
>>
>>27421682
I have this book
>>
>>27423122
I hope they don't make the mistake they made with ORAS by not making a remake of the definitive versions like Crystal/Platinum.
>>
>>27423258

Well if we're still talking fr/lg, there was no definitive version, unless you're asking for a yellow remake, which is barely different.
>>
>>27422430
>players who picked Charmander just have to grind their balls off to beat Misty
Literally get gud.
>>
I like them a lot, they feel very adventurous. The thing I love about Kanto the most is how open it is, although there isn't much to explore, it's still nice being able to go to whatever city you want after you get to the center of the region.

The fact that you can't evolve Gen 1 Pokemon into their evos until post game just because they're cross gen is fucking stupid though, woulda been nice to have a acrobat, although Pidgeot is still nice too.
>>
I love FRLG, the music is great, the sprites are very nice considering how bad the other games in gen 3 looked and it has an awesome new set of islands to explore.
While I despise the "dated" meme, FRLG genuinely feel fresh playing them 12 years after. They just look and feel nice.

Also like how Sevii Islands was like an apology for abandoning the majority of gen 2 mons in Ruby and Sapphire.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQxXjR0bEMI
Easily my favourite gen 3 game, though I like other entries in the franchise better.
>>
>>27424265
Also want to add that FireRed is very ideal for a team of:
>Beedrill
>Arbok
>Nidoking
>Vileplume
>Tentacruel
>Muk
>>
>>27424265
>the music is great

Sure, if you like cowbell.
>>
>>27422861
Please answer>>27422876
>>
>>27424331
Thankfully, I do.
I'm sorry to hear you're incapable of enjoying it. :)>>27424341
>>
>>27422430
>Also they didn't consider that Bellsprout 40 fucking points of special defense (down to 30) since Gen 1, so LG players who picked Charmander just have to grind their balls off to beat Misty

Good, fuck the fire type starter faggots.
>>
File: Pokemon Red (1)_1469158548108.png (4KB, 160x144px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Red (1)_1469158548108.png
4KB, 160x144px
>>27422578
>>27422783

>what is thunder wave
>what is quick attack: the game

Jesus all I need is pikachu and Pidgeotto's sand attack and im set.

Always chose my Bromon Charmander and never need a grass pokemon ever in these games.

Even if I had problems I just train Abra to 18 and then rape everything in sight.

Git gud
>>
i just started this and holy shit you can instant access to a type matchup sheet just by pressing R at any time

why the hell dont other games have this
>>
>>27422578
>what is paras
>>
File: 1344590523521.jpg (38KB, 552x339px) Image search: [Google]
1344590523521.jpg
38KB, 552x339px
>>27423258
>Crystal remake
I don't think you understand just how much I want this
>>
>playing fire red
>get growlithe
>look up his learnset, doesnt learn flamethrower till fucking 49
>vulpix gets it at 29

what the FUCK is this shit
>>
File: 1455769700875.jpg (39KB, 254x346px) Image search: [Google]
1455769700875.jpg
39KB, 254x346px
>>27422430
>>LG players who picked Charmander just have to grind their balls off to beat Misty.
>complaining about difficulty when you chose Charmander
They gave it Metal Claw so fire type idiots could have an SE move to spam Brock with. After Misty you have literally no other possible challenge.

Don't talk about a game becoming harder based on which starter you chose until you do a Johto run with Chikorita.
>>
>>27426637
>Crystal remake
>Because HGSS wasn't just Crystal with GS Pokemon placement.
>>
>>27422578
>A Pikachu cannot defeat the Starmie without a significant level advantage; you have to grind it to a greater extend than you would a Charmeleon.
So, do just that? Go do the bridge/Bill quest before challenging the Gym, grind Pikachu on all encounters.
>>
>>27422847
They came out the same year, which means they must have been under development simultaneously
>>
>>27421848
>if they had included a Johto legendary on one of the islands
They did together with deoxys tho, cept events. Sadly they were made before the legendaries became standard duty to put in the game (around Plat)
>>
>>27426786
>Because HGSS wasn't just Crystal with GS Pokemon placement.
I mean yeah, that's one of my main problems with HGSS
>>
>>27421773
Love them. I secretly wish they were the setting of a game. Expanded of course
>>
>>27422430
>players who picked Charmander
Deserve all they get
>>
LG is the game I played the most, actually. Whenever I just want to play Pokemon for fun, I play Leaf Green. It's just the most simple (besides the original ones, which are almost unplayable), therefore incredibly fun.
It's also a great remake, improved so much, and - surprisingly - made Charmander less useless by giving him Metal Claw.
>>
>>27426666
>Flamethrower TM in the Game Corner
>Porygon sold for 3300 more coins than in LG
FR was just hard mode.
>>
>>27421784
>battle tower
Nigger what?
It didn't have a battle tower.
Also the Kanto E4 still stand as the weakest.
>>
>>27426916

yeah it costs 4000

how long do you even have to play that shit, the max you can win from one roll is fucking 300
>>
comfiest ever graphics
>>
>>27421682
>underrated
No. You might be thinking of "overlooked".
>>
The GOAT Pokemon game for me will always be LeafGreen
>>
>>27427044
But.. it does not have Arcanine.
>>
>>27424298
What can beedrill and arbok do?
>>
>>27424331
>cowbell
What does this have to do with it?
>>
>>27427122
Beedrill is meh. 50 power bug ability at level 20, nothing good until post game island 5 when you can get sludge bomb
>>
>>27424515
It was to get the newbies in
>>
>>27426992
>filters
>ever
>>
>>27426967
Just buy coins at the counter. 10 000 cash for 500
>>
File: aaaa.gif (1MB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
aaaa.gif
1MB, 250x187px
>>27426992
>mfw i just caught moltres myself as we speak
chose squirtle too
>>
>>27427112
It has bro
>>
>>27422847
Except they weren't, they were made using Emerald as a base game.
>>
>>27427174
This. Unless you're some gambling demon and can actually work the slot machines, just buy all the coins you need. If you farmed nuggets from the team rocket member on nugget bridge this is easy.
>>
>>27427122
Arbok has Glare, which is nice.
>>
>>27426830
There are two development teams for Pokemon mongoloid
>>
>>27421682
I like originals better
>>
>>27427144
Better way than a forced tutorial, treating the player like a retard baby
>>
>>27427112
It has Magmar, better fire pokemon
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.