[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SOUND Type

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Dear /vp/,

Lets say hypothetically that the next pokemon type was going to be "Sound":

-What pokemon would you give this typing to?

-What would this typing be weak against? Strong against? etc..

-Which MOVES would you give this new typing to?
(For the record your work is already kind of done for you since Sound is a "kind" of move, I.E: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Category:Sound_moves & http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Soundproof_(Ability) ))

And besides that what other changes would you make to better integrate the new typing into the game?
>>
I don't have anything against "sound" type.
I just fucking hate the name. Pulse-type or Wave-type maybe.
But GF is probably going to make it Music-type or Voice-Type, so...
>>
Noivern line, Exploud line, Jigglypuff line, Meloetta, Kricketune line, Seismitoad line
>>
>>27420208
Oh and Chatot obviously
>>
If there was a sound type yo momma would be da best one because that sound she made last night was ridiculous
>>
>>27420132
>I just fucking hate the name.

Plant-based pokemon are called "Grass" Types, dude.

The naming conventions in pokemon are a little hit n' miss- I don't think Sound would be too out of place.
>>
>>27420074
>It's strong against Ice-types.
>>
>>27420208
Chingling and chimecho
>>
>>27420074
Sound-type

Offensive:
Super-effective:
Water
Steel
Fighting

Resisted:
Grass
Ice
Fire
Psychic

Immune:
Sound

Defensive:
Weak to:
Ice
Fire

Resists:
Water
Fighting
Flying

Immune:
Sound

I think this would be good for balance and flavor purposes. There is a long list of Pokémon that could be retyped, but I don't have all of them on-hand right now.
>>
>>27420980
Literally fucking stop. Snow and ice nullifies sounds. An avalanche is the only basis for this outside of ice crystals shattering like glass. Try to shatter ice with sound, go ahead I'll wait. Exactly, it does next to nothing because they aren't as easy to vibrate as glass. As with the misnomer of Grass-type, the Ice-type more or less the snow type with only a select few having ice incorporated into their designs. Also why punish ice further? Give Ice this as an outright immunity
>>
>>27420980
>strong against Water because sound travels through water easily
>strong against Electric because _____???_____

>weak to Rock because solids obstruct sound
>weak to Ice because loud sounds trigger avalanches
>>
Jigglypuff line (Normal/Fairy)
Whismur line (Pure Sound)
Chatot (Sound/Flying)
Bellossom (Grass/Sound)
Kricketot (Sound/Bug)
Meloetta (Sound/Psychic and Sound/Fighting)
Chingling line (Sound/Psychic)
Audino (Normal/Sound, I see his feelers as sound-themed)

Spinda maybe? (Normal/Sound)
Noibat line maybe? (losing Dragon would be a bit bad, maybe a Sound/Dragon or Sound/Flying Mega instead?)
Tympole line maybe? (Sound/Water Mega?)
Mega Swellow (Sound/Flying, could use a buff and it's one of the most reliable Boomburst users)

SE against: Steel, Water (Sound vibrations travel faster through metal and water), Flying (Strong soundwaves disrupts air current and hit airborne targets just as effectively)
NVE against: Ghost (Sound travels the slowest through gases, ghost types are semi-solid or incorporeal), Psychic (Sharpened minds do not fear loud sounds)
Completely ineffective against: Grass (Music and sounds in general can have positive effects on the growth of plants and they aren't bothered by loud noises)

Weak to: Psychic, Grass
Resistant to: Steel, Water

There would be re-balancing issues with Boomburst, but making it the strong reliable 95 Power 100 Accuracy option would be enough.
>>
>>27421245
Also Politoed (Water/Sound)
>>
>>27421179
>sound travels best through solids
>strong against steel but weak to ice
>neutral to rock
this is why soundfags need to fuck off
>>
>>27421413
Sound travels best in homogeneous solids without impurities, for example it travels somewhat badly in most istances naturally occurring ice because of all the bubbles and lack of uniformity when water freezes, I can totally see Sound only being SE against Steel because of this. Wouldn't make Rock or ICe resistant to it though.
>>
File: 243567876576.png (3MB, 1388x1050px) Image search: [Google]
243567876576.png
3MB, 1388x1050px
>super effective against steel, rock, and maybe ice (sound travels best through solids)
>not very effective against flying and maybe poison (sound travels poorly through gases)
weak to electric and fire (excess energy to sound waves)
resists water (sound traveling through water) and sound (discord)
>soundproof reworked to add sound type immunity
>new gen introduces a sound/ghost, sound/psychic, sound/rock, and sound bug Pokemon
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.