[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Niantic hates Pokevision, pokeradar, fans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 12

File: image.png (643KB, 697x1094px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
643KB, 697x1094px
In a recent interview about his input about fans looking for Pokemonv via pokevision and radar; this is what he had to say

>"Yeah, I don't really like that," Hanke says. "Not a fan. We have priorities right now but they might find in the future that those things may not work. People are only hurting themselves because it takes some fun out of the game. People are hacking around trying to take data out of our system and that's against our terms of service."

This is from tech times. Google the quote because I'm not letting them have more views on their articles.

What's /vp/'s take on this?
>>
>>27416525
Fix the footstep glitch then you fat virgins and we won't need these sites
>>
>>27416542
This
>>
>>27416525
Didn't pokevision happen because of the three step thing? Thats what they said in a interview.
>>
>>27416542
/thread
>>
>>27416542
What footstep glitch? I'm on a first run through AS and have not encountered any glitches thus far.
>>
File: underbait.gif (328KB, 1000x773px) Image search: [Google]
underbait.gif
328KB, 1000x773px
>>27416607
>>
>>27416525

I don't think they're wrong, but I also don't think they're in any position to criticize until they fix the footstep glitch.
>>
>>27416542
>>27416581
Pretty much this.

If it wasn't for these Radars, a LOT more would of dropped the game. Hell, due to it me and my girlfriend took a trip to Santa Monica because we're only a two hours drive away, and noticed how many pokemon was there. That and we hadn't been to the beach in a while, so it was an excuse we could work with.

It was crazy, caught a lot of rare pokemon, got to go up and down the pier looking for rare pokemon, enjoy beach/summer time with the girlfriend, and had a good time listening to all the people doing live music.

So, in a way, somewhat happy the three-glitch thing happen, as it pushed for these sites to come out super quick. Now I know where some of the best places in town are, so do others, and more folks are social because of this.
>>
File: 1469413518224.gif (3MB, 448x252px) Image search: [Google]
1469413518224.gif
3MB, 448x252px
>>27416525
/thread
>>
>>27416618
Dude, I'm dead serious. I normally hang out on /b/, but I started AS about a week or two ago and started on /vp/ not too long ago.
Soooo... what footstep glitch? I guess I could Google it, but I have the grand resource of /vp/ users.
>>
>>27416740

I'll take the bait.

The footstep glitch is in Pokemon GO. If you're playing AS, don't worry about it.
>>
These are the people that try to joke about a glitch that breaks probably the most core part of their game
>>
>>27416525
As others have said - I wouldn't use them if the footstep glitch wasn't a thing
>>
>>27416771
That would make sense, since I have been waiting until I upgrade my phone before I try Pokémon GO for the first time.
Thanks for not being a tool.
>>
>>27416631
>Niantic advertises through the trailer you can see exactly where the Pokemon are and how many meters away

>they bait and switch with a footstep model

>It doesn't even work

John can climb a wall of dicks for all I care
>>
Someone care to explain the footstep glitch? The nearby function doesn't work worth dick, I can be on top of the assholes pokemon and it still says 3 footsteps away.
What does it pertain to?
>>
>>27416815

You just explained the footstep glitch.
>>
>>27416815
>I can be on top of the assholes pokemon and it still says 3 footsteps away.
That is literally the glitch.
>>
>>27416805
>>Niantic advertises through the trailer you can see exactly where the Pokemon are and how many meters away
What in the fuck
Why the fuck did they take that away. What the fuck kind of bullshit is that. That's how it should fucking work. I would be a lot more fucking motivated to go out walking around if I knew where I was walking to was going to get me a cool Pokemon.
>>
>>27416740

It's a Pokemon GO glitch, not for the normal main games.
>>
The game will die if it doesn't fix the next stuff
1) Being able to train IV's outside of random catching
2) Being able to train your shitty 2 skills
3) start adding enough pokestops and make all the pokemons spawn in a region that is 3-4 hours drive by instead of making the whole dex availeable just in central park
4) fix their fucking 3 step glitch AND make pokemon have a unit radius when you actually click on it on the radar

Why? easy there's no point in keeping the pokemons since you can find better ones by walking, the grind after 20 is just plain stupid without spoofing/botting or scanning, and most normies will get bored the shit out after that, hell the 3 step bug has stalled the growth of the game and a ton of people just started botting/spoofing/scanning because of that the ones that didn't are steadily lowering their play time or have just stopped playing alltogether
>>
>>27416890
Because they are retarded. Go figure.
>>
>>27416914
I mean, if they keep it how it is but allow you to click on the Pokemon you want like it does now but have it actually show on the map that'd be fucking perfect. Right now that function is practically fucking pointless anyway even without the footprint problem.
>>
Stay mad Niantic and walkfags almost level 36 whole area is filled with my 3000Plus CP pokemons.
>>
>>27416890
>>27416930

I'm not sure if they could realistically implement a better tracking system as long as the GPS is as fucked up as at is. I don't know why it's so imprecise and finicky, considering it works well on other apps like Google Maps. But as long as it is, I'm not sure what they can do to improve the tracking system.
>>
>>27416948
At least we won't die in our early 30's due to heart failure :^)
>>
>>27417001
I will die anyhow using heroine for 5 years.
>>
>>27417015
>Heavy drug addict
>Cheats at exercise games
>Spends all day on a Tibetan poodle-shaving forum
Dude how can you be proud of your life? It sounds like shit.
>>
>>27417015
>using heroine for 5 years.

Is she okay with that?
>>
>>27416981
I mean, all it has to do is make the Pokemon show up on the map like a pokestop or gym. That's all I would want, I'd be happy with that.
>>
>>27416525
Good fuck Niantic and pokemon go.
I.can't wait to see this game become nothing but botters, and poke vision users.
>>
>>27416981
because fuck AR
AR is not the future of gaming, it's absolute garbage
>>
>>27417001
>Stopped playing legit because fuck the spawn types in my area
>started botting in central park, literally whole pokedex there
>Swim 1km 4 times/week, lift weights 4 times week and run 5k 1/week
>Implying walking around at a slow pace watching a cellphone is actually cardiovascular exercise
stay dellusional
>>
>>27417069
>>Swim 1km 4 times/week, lift weights 4 times week and run 5k 1/week
/fit/ brah?
>>
>>27416542
First post best post.
>>
File: 1469458001055.png (695KB, 829x1096px) Image search: [Google]
1469458001055.png
695KB, 829x1096px
>softbanning now also removes your ability to see pokemon spawn on the map
>login/logout cool down timer of 1 minute

Pokevision eternally BTFO. How will they ever recover?
>>
>>27416525
>they might find in the future that those things may not work
Just like your fucking game, Niantic.

I'll drop scanning once the 3-step bug is fixed.
>>
>>27417083
not there yet breh started out in february went from 105kg to 82 kg then up to 90kg I want to cut to 76 and stay there and recomp I just keep it at pokemon go because my gf and a some friends like to "play" (fucking excuse for saturday hangouts) legit and even tho they know I bot and have better pokemans and what not
>>
>>27417069
Walking is still better than sitting on a chair all day, dumbass. Go wasn't even meant as a fitness companion app, it's a means to actually get people outside in the first place. Some people can use Go as different motivators like exploring your city, for meetups, walking your dog, etc. and not exclusively for fitness.
>>
File: really.jpg (21KB, 395x297px) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
21KB, 395x297px
>>27416778
They're also the people who, in response to the horrible distribution in certain areas not named New York, basically said 'go for a walk'. In my town, the only thing I find is Drowzee. In a town 10 miles away, the only thing I found was Drowzee. In a town I just scanned 20 miles away, GUESS WHAT THE COMMON POKEMON IS.
>>
>>27417144
>in certain areas not named New York
Fuck you dude. That's only NYC. I live in central NY state and all I fucking find are Pidgey, Ratatta, Weedle, and guess fucking what? DROWZEE.
>>
>>27417144
Really you should just keep catching drowses then. Fuck you.
>>
>>27417157
NYC, Tokyo and London have the most spawnrate, most stops and most rare pokemon concentration than all the other cities in the world
>>
>>27417144
Got me thinking.

The most common pokemon around here, other than Pidgey and Weedle, is Eevee.

I heard Eevee is rare elsewhere. How true is that for people on here?
>>
>>27417069

>judging others based on current /fit/ness level

I've been outside more in the last two weeks than in the last four years. If it takes some cute imaginary monsters to get me outside, then so be it.

I am just going to start a new game every few weeks to keep my interest. I'm sick of rattatas and pidgeys, but with my new game I've found much more variety.

Try not to judge everyone else too harshly though. It's bad for the soul.
>>
File: 1460708876936.jpg (12KB, 188x202px) Image search: [Google]
1460708876936.jpg
12KB, 188x202px
>>27416542
This.

I wouldn't have any need for 3rd party websites if the fucking radar worked the way it should. Pokemon Go has turned into an egg hatching simulator for me because I'm not about to go blindly walking around looking for Pokemon and getting very little indication on how close it is to me.
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 246x359px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 246x359px
>there are people that still play this shallow ass game
>people actually think there will be content updates in the future
>>
>>27417331
sauce
>>
>>27417331
>This game is so shallow-ass that content updates will be equally shallow-ass and bare-bones.
>There are so many people playing this game that any content update that keeps even a decent chunk of players will earn far more than it cost to develop the shallow-ass content update.
>People actually think there won't be content updates in the future.
>>
>>27417194

City dweller here.

Here's the top winners in my new account that's about 40 hours old with 17km on it:

Pidgey: 65
Rattata 58
Spearow: 19
Weedle: 18
Eevee: 14
Zubat: 11

Compared to last game the Eevees are plentiful.
>>
File: 640px-burroughs1983_cropped.jpg (116KB, 640x906px) Image search: [Google]
640px-burroughs1983_cropped.jpg
116KB, 640x906px
>>27417015
>probably going to die because you knowingly buy shit heroin, and don't know how to handle the inevitable withdrawl when your supply inevitably dries up
>being proud of this
>>
I don't play Go so I don't really have a dog in this fight either way, but I have absolutely no idea why someone would play a shitty mobile game and then proceed to remove the only semblance of actual work involved. If you want to fill a dex without the effort/luck that Go presumably demands, why not just play a regular Pokemon game?
>>
The game is clearly shit. Nobody is playing it because the mechanics are good. People are playing for the experience. It's fucking fun.

What is the fun of sitting home alone and forcing your avatar to walk down streets with a spoofed GPS? At that point you're just playing a shit game.
>>
>>27417469

The part of the game that presumably allows users to track what is in the area is broken. The community told them this and they were not just ignored, they were called lazy bitches by Niantic.

That we figure out a programmatic way to fix their shit is not being lazy. It's knowing the first thing about software development and implementing it.
>>
File: 1446158578065.jpg (75KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1446158578065.jpg
75KB, 601x601px
>STOP MAKING OUR GAME PLAYABLE! ITS NOT FAIR!
>>
>>27417488
The fun is spoofing a bunch of strong pokemon then going to the local normie spot and dumping them all into a gym.
>>
>>27417469
>If you want to fill a dex without the effort/luck that Go presumably demands, why not just play a regular Pokemon game?

negro, you have no fucking idea how much effort and tedium it took to fill my pokedex WHILE I was cheating.
>>
>>27416797
You are welcome but next time read the OP and lurk moar you vile normie faggot
>>
>>27417532

Yeah the gym is already ruined for most normies anyway since nothing in their pokedex has a snowball's chance in hell to even win one battle.

This combined with the repetitive nature (come on just how many rattatas do you see before you just walk away) will drive away the casuals.

I will just have to start a new game every week or so to keep myself interested. Maybe sell them, I don't know, but it's already getting harder to go out just to get your fill of rat.
>>
>>27416631
>a LOT more would of dropped the game.
The radars aren't that well known anon. If they didn't exist the amount of people who would have left would have been negligible.
>>
>>27417600
Everyone knows about pokevision. My local news station did a story on it last night.
>>
>>27417069
Try Hong Kong - no official release there so gyms are relatively easier to maintain than anywhere in the US, and from what I understand one of the parks (victoria I think?) spawns quite a few high tier pokes
>>
>>27417600
>walking across campus
>hear literal casuals (including one saying "oh, there's another fox") start talking about Pokevision
>another talks about how you can run a radar straight from your own computer

Trust me, it's not super sekrit club material, anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (154KB, 738x899px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154KB, 738x899px
>pokemon map app is number one paid app on app store
>mfw could've monetized on this shitty fad
>>
File: 1460431072053.png (117KB, 508x304px) Image search: [Google]
1460431072053.png
117KB, 508x304px
>>27417469
Imagine a treasure hunt with absolutely no clues about where the treasure is. The only clue you have is that there IS a treasure. Not only that, but that treasure will totally disappear soon. Might be in 10 minutes, might be in 10 seconds, you don't fucking know. That's what finding pokemon is like right now. There's absolutely no indication where the pokemon is, it's just randomly walking around and hoping you find it before it fucking vanishes. Hell, you might be walking AWAY from it, and you'd never fucking know, because again, you get no fucking indication about where it is. That's not fun, that's fucking bullshit.

tl;dr it's like trying to find feebas in gen 3, except instead of a day, you've got less than 10 minutes, and when those 10 minutes are up, YOU CAN'T FUCKING FIND IT AT ALL.
>>
>>27416542
/thread
>>
>>27416525
> Don't fix the footstep glitch
> Hating the sites that makes your game playable

Niantic is GF level: stupid as fuck
>>
>>27416542
John "Cuck" Hanke
>muh game doesn't work. Fuck you for trying to make it playable.
>>
I'll take whichever chick has the biggest tits and isn't fat.
>>
>>27417144
I haven't found a drowzee yet. The most I find is pidgey, rattata, and staryu.
>>
>>27416607
What even made you think this had anything to do with AS? Neither the OP or the post you replied to mentioned anything about AS.
>>
>>27418556
But I'm playing AS.
>>
>>27417926
The tray position is still an indicator for how far away it is though the tracks only come into play when it's in the closest position.
>>
>>27418772
I've caught pokemon not even on my radar since the glitch started.
>>
>>27417144
Alaskafag here
>all over Anchorage
>Drowzee
>Go drive into the valley, past Wasilla and Palmer, all the way into the mountains to a park at an old mine
>Drowzee
>Go down to Seward and hike around south of town, think I'm finally safe from the Drowzee
>Go back into Seward on my way home
>Drowzee

Granted, that's just the Kenai Peninsula at most, but jesus christ, these pokemon have little to no correlation to the actual geography.
>>
>>27418966
>checked

It's possible they just spawned as you walked past
>>
>>27418971
>Alaska
>no ice pokemon
>Rocky mountains
>no rock pokemon
>Power station
>no magnimite
>Gaveyard
>no ghosts

Fucking shit dev team I swear
>>
>>27419064
Yeah, there is no geographic correlation or in the app at all.

>Only time that I've seen a Geodude is randomly in town, the same as any pokemon
>Same with any other Pokemon
>Find out that most of the pokedex is available in highly populated areas anyway
>The algorithms are based on human traffic and popularity, not actual map data
>People only thought map data mattered out of superstition

On the other hand, Jynx has been like the 3rd most common Pokemon in town.
>Ice
>>
>>27416778
It may not even be a glitch.
>>
>>27416525
Well i'm going to keep using those sites until they fix their fucking game, and even then, if the only way to see if a pokemon is around is by following some steps that don't even point you in any direction i'll just keep using pokevision.
>>
>>27418772
I'm pretty sure even that's broken. I've had pokemon appear, even though they were at the very bottom of the list.
>>
>>27416525
don't forget the part where he said he doesn't care about rural fags.
>>
>>27416525

The game is borderline unplayable without 3rd party tools, but sure, let's rag on a website that adds back core functionality to a game you managed to break two weeks ago and still haven't fixed. But hey, here, enjoy this tumblr fanart of our fucking OCs. LOL VALOR AMIRITE GUYS.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.