[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I play Pokemon White or can I go straight to White 2?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 1469012131071.png (1MB, 1440x1083px) Image search: [Google]
1469012131071.png
1MB, 1440x1083px
Should I play Pokemon White or can I go straight to White 2?
>>
>>27414572
I would recommend both, both are but slow starts however

You don't need White, but it's a nice game
>>
>>27414585
I have only ever played Pokemon blue, yellow, firered, gold and emerald. Tried to play Y but found it pretty lackluster.

I just love battling and catching pokemon and leveling up.
>>
>>27414651
Both as they can be conected to make one long story.
>>
>>27414585
>>27414651
Just found out you can only catch all prevous gen pokemon in white 2, is that true?
>>
Play White, take a break and/or play something else, then play White 2.
>>
>>27414651
Get both.
>>
>>27414572
Play both, you don't get the full impact of things that happen in White 2 without having played White first.
>>
>>27414710
You can catch them in W1 just postgame. Try it for once. It feels like a true new adventure
>>
>>27414572
You can do this thing where you can connect the two and get some cool details when you talk to certain NPC's, but it's not necessary

I'd recommend both of them though
>>
>>27414651
Ahh good you don't like XY like the rest of us. There's a good chance you'll like Gen 5
>>
>>27414724
The best way to do it.
>>
BW2 mixes the pokedex and lets you hace pokemon from all generations throughout he game, whereas Black/White only gives you the 5th gen.

I only played black2, and the story isnt as confusing, they pretty muh explain to you what happened, But you can play both if you want, personally, B2 is my favorite of the series.
>>
So white first and then white 2. Thanks /vp/.
Before I go are there any compelling reasons to pick black?
>>
>>27415448
Just the usual exclusive mons and legendaries.

The only other big thing is if you finish Black 2 you unlock challenge mode, which is actually pretty good... but requires you to have another DS and a copy of BW2 to use it. So if you have all that play Black 2 just so you have the option for replays but don't bother otherwise.

One last think, BW2 in particular has a real slow start where you have to go through a lot of character scenes and tutorials. They shouldn't be a deal breaker if you don't have the attention span of a goldfish, but tough em out, once you're up to Castelia City the game opens up a lot more and you can play freely.
>>
>>27415448
>>27415503
Opelucid city and a postgame area are different between the two games iirc. I prefer White's Opelucid city, but it's a matter of opinion. Other than that it's mostly just version exclusives, of which there are very few during the main game.
>>
>>27415503
This. I always find Bw2 hard to restart
>>
>>27414572
Have you caught them all?
>>
>>27415819
Nope. Closest I got was 130 or so in gen 1. Then my jeans were washed with Pokemon blue inside. And now I am a new trainer about to start a new journey.
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 278x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 278x400px
>>27414572
>playing gen 5
opinion discarded
>>
>>27415879
Mooooooooodsssss
>>
File: 1469640289447-3.jpg (76KB, 384x319px) Image search: [Google]
1469640289447-3.jpg
76KB, 384x319px
>>27415987
>not playing all the games, even ones you dislike
>>
>>27414651
Lobe catching? Then stick with Y as well as both White and White 2. Lots of them to catch.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.