[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Homebrew

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 20

File: homebrew launcher.png (19KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
homebrew launcher.png
19KB, 800x400px
This thread is about installing homebrew on your 3ds.

Some 36-hours ago two new exploits have been released that allow any version of the 3ds(new/old/2ds/xl) on any firmware (yes, including 11.0), to run homebrew. This means you can for example start dumping your save files, edit them with PkHex to inject new pokemon and then reinject the savefile in your cartridge. This post explains how to do this.

>If you are on a firmware below 11.0, consider installing a9lh instead. It is a permanent solution that allows you to run homebrew and even install games you downloaded (and didn't pay for) and play online.
>You can also install a9lh on a 11.0 system if you know someone irl that already runs a9lh and helps you.
>>
Guide:
Prerequisites:
-A 3ds/2ds/new3ds
-A sd-cardreader (not needed on new3ds)
-A wifi connection

Download:
-The homebrew starter pack: https://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/starter.zip
-Menuhax 3.0: https://github.com/yellows8/3ds_homemenuhax/releases/download/v3.0/menuhax_v3.0.zip

Installation:
1. Download the above files
2. Take out your sd-card and put it in your cardreader
3. Copy the CONTENTS of the starter FOLDER (in the starter.zip) on your sd-card
4. Copy, merge and overwrite the CONTENTS of the menuhax_v3.0.zip ZIP FILE to your sd-card (This step may no longer be needed since it might be included in the new version of the starter.zip)

>Your sd-card root should have a /3ds/ folder (with several folder inside) and a boot.3dsx on root level

5. Put your sd-card back in your 3ds
6. Start up your 3ds
7. Press the icon top left, change your theme at least once and select the theme you want to keep afterwards (you will be stuck on this theme unless you uninstall menuhax, you can change the theme, but you will have to reinstall menuhax afterwards)
8. Hold L+R to start camera mode, press the QR button and scan this QR code: https://yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax.php and let it open the browser to visit the website
9. Weird colors will flash on your ds monitor, that is normal. Wait a few seconds and it should start the homebrewlauncher (if this takes longer than 1 minute, restart your ds and start again from the beginning or check the faq)
10. Select menuhax installer, press A to install and B when it asks to skip ropbin, press a when it is complete, turn off your 3ds

From now on you can hold the L button during startup of your 3ds to start the homebrew launcher.
>>
FAQ:
>I have a new 3ds and can't access my sd card:
Use the microsd-management tool to move files between your ds and your pc
http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14218/~/how-to-use-microsd-management-to-move-files-between-a-new-nintendo-3ds-xl-and-a

>I can't open the camera because I don't have a right bumper:
Alternative, if you can't use your camera open your browser and type in "http://yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax_auto.php"

>Menuhax says my system is not supported:
You are using the old menuhax(v 2.2) that came with the (old?) starter kit, use the new menuhax (v3.0) from the link above and make sure to overwrite the existing files

>Menuhax shows error 0XFFFFFFFE:
On your sd card, find the folder "Nintendo 3DS/<ID0>/<ID1>/extdata/00000000/
(ID0 and ID1 are gibberish names, just check them all if you have several)
In this folder, delete/rename the folder 00000082(on jp systems), 0000008f(on us systems) or 00000098(on eu systems)
(Make backups beforehand)

>Browserhax gets stuck on a red screen:
Check your folder structure, the boot.3dsx needs to be on root level

>I'm stuck in my theme:
uninstall Menuhax from the homebrew launcher, change theme, reinstall menuhax

>How do I hack my savegame with this?
Install a savegame manager (https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/ dl the attached jksm_3dsx.zip) and merge its 3ds folder with the one on your sd card, then you can dump your savegame file through the homebrew launcher onto your sd card, edit it on your pc and reinject it throug the homebrew launcher.

>Moving the sd card is tiresome:
Consider installing a ftp homebrew app to access your sd card over wifi(even on old3ds): https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-ftp-gmx-customize-your-ftbrony.410506/
>>
Some people are saying that browser- and menuhaxs are gonna be patched after this weekend and you should find another entrypoint. Are there any for 11.0.0-33?
>>
I don't know how microsd management works because I have an old 3DS but you can also just take off the back cover of the n3DS to get the sd card out. The covers are designed to come off and go back on.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/89/~/how-to-remove-an-sd-card-or-microsd-card
>>
Don't forget PHBank. One of the best homebrew applications.
>>
>>27412721
We can't know what will be patched, but it is likely that browser and menuhax will be patched.

There's a bunch of other secondary entrypoints that require different games, like OoT3d or even ORAS. For those you need to modify the savegame though (which you can if you can launch homebrew launcher). However, we don't know if those won't be fixed aswell.

If you want to make sure that you can still run homebrew after the next update, find someone that helps you downgrade your 11.0 ds with an already downgraded a9lh ds.

>>27412728
I know, but some ppl are scared to lose warranty or have no arms to use a screwdriver
>>
>>27412721
If you have ORAS look up basehaxx
>>
>>27412721
Browserhax can be patched remotely. Menuhax can't be- it can only be patched through a system update. Just don't update.
>>
>>27412738
>>27412762
>>27412777
Thanks
>>
>>27412738
>modify saves
tell me more please

Im on 11 with browser hacks and have a copy of OOT.

Does your method allow for proper hacks (as in launch roms?)
>>
>>27412788
Install menuhax immediately.
>>
>>27412788
Check out https://github.com/yellows8/oot3dhax
Remember that this will use the first saveslot of your game, so maybe copy that to another slot first.

You can run roms (as in snes/gba) already with the homebrew launcher. If you are talking about 3ds games, that is not possible unless you manage to downgrade and install a9lh

All hax (menuhax, oot3dhax, basehax, etc) serve the same purpose: launching the homebrewlauncher.
>>
I did everything and it worked. Now, how can I change themes, play roms and stuff like that?
>>
>>27412798
if you change the theme you have to reinstall menuhax, but yes, you can install custom themes and run homebrew(emulators etc). Check out http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/List_of_3DS_homebrew for a list of homebrew applications
>>
>>27412793
why so urgent?

I think i did install the menuhax that this guy

>>27412796
posted the bundle of, but i cant see whats changed at all?

you install menuhax from homebrew channel yeah?
>>
>>27412809
browserhax won't work as soon as a new firmware update gets released, even if you don't update (it blocks the usage of the browser if there is a newer firmware available)

Menuhax is installed if you can boot into the homebrewlauncher by holding L during 3ds bootup
>>
>>27412806
So how can I reinstall menuhax? Just doing the 7-10 process again?
>>
>>27412828
more like 8-10, as 7 would remove your theme. You should btw check if your installed theme still works after reboot of the 3ds, I think someone had a issue where menuhax would reinstall the old theme on reboot (so you don't uninstall it by accident). If that is your case you need to uninstall it thorugh the homebrewlauncher first
>>
>>27412828
If you have problems (re-)installing menuhax, it is probably because the starter kit is outdated, so you need to update the menuhax manager folder with this one:

https://github.com/yellows8/3ds_homemenuhax/releases/tag/v3.0

Just download the folder and copy it over to your 3ds root on your sd card, and run it from the homebrew launcher via browserhax.
>>
>>27412817
ah ok, i guess i have menu hacks then
>>
>>27412809
>why so urgent?
see >>27412777
You're at risk of suddenly losing homebrew access if you don't install menuhax.
>>
>>27412852
I think the starter kit was updated desu, if you look inside the menuhaxfolder of the starterkit, its the same files as in the new 3.0 version. Since I can't test it locally I just posted the 3.0 link in the guide to be sure, but you are right, yesterday that was "bugged".
>>
>>27412834
Gotcha.

Few last questions: If the browserhax gets patched, this means that I can't do this process (of installing homebrew) anymore through it, but my 2ds will be fine if I don't try anything, right?

Also, can I play online on my games after installing homebrew? Asking because the system needs to be updated to run some online stuff, and I don't know if updating will bug my 2ds or anything like that
>>
>>27412881
You can choose not to install system firmware. If you are behind on your firmware updates, you can still go online in games as long as those games don't require updates.
>>
With this whole thing, will it be possible to extract private headers?

Also, when the new update comes out, will I have to erase evrything before updating?
>>
>>27412881
Well, menuhax and browserhax serve the same purpose, to start the homebrewlauncher.

If browserhax gets patched you can still enter through menuhax(unless you update and they patch that too). For new systems you won't be able to easily enter the homebrewlauncher for the first time (since you can't use browserhax), unless you have access to another entrypoint (oot3dhax, basehax, etc)

We can't say how updating will affect menuhax, it won't brick the console, that's for sure. You can always boot by just removing the sd card. To remove menuhax you can also do the step listed in the faq under the "0XFFFFFFFE" error section (in case you can't boot with your sd card anymore after an update)
>>
>>27412920
I don't think it is, everything I read about it says you need to be on a cfw for that.
>>
i cant get my gameboy advanced games to open with the included emu, while i navigate to a folder i made the games are showing up?

also can the gba emu play gb/gbc or do i need another emu?

Also does this homebrew allow me to use r4 or something? any tips with that?
>>
>>27412906
>>27412922
Got it. Thanks guys.
>>
>>27412966
If you want an R4 to run DS games you can just buy one, they work on clean 3DS.
I've had one for a long time and it runs fine besides the random GTA CW freeze here or there.
>>
if you're on the latest firmware and install homebrew via one of the methods linked in this thread, will you be able to download and play .cia's of games on your device?
>>
>>27412966
I never tried the emu desu, mb try another one:
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/List_of_3DS_homebrew

>>27412996
.cia files of games only work if you manage to downgrade your 11.0 with the help of a friend a9lh ds and install a9lh yourself.
>>
>>27412992
oh legit? whats this controversy about wondercard bricking (unrelated).

>>27412996
apparently not, though i dont know why
>>
File: 1458952329125.jpg (21KB, 167x263px) Image search: [Google]
1458952329125.jpg
21KB, 167x263px
>HOMEBREW IS BACK
>SD CARD LAPTOP READER DOESN'T WORK
>MY OLD CAMERA WAS MY ONLY ENTRYPOINT OF INTERACTING WITH MY COMPUTER AND THE SD CARD
>THE LED "ON" LIGHT ONLY FLASHES
>>
>>27413008
>apparently not, though i dont know why

To install .cia files you need kernel access, which you don't have with the homebrew launcher. Only way to get that atm is by downgrading to 9.2 (and then doing other fancy stuff like cfw)

>>27413022
new3ds can use wifi to transfer sd card data, if you have one. Otherwise go buy an sd card reader, they are like 5$
>>
>>27413008
>wondercard
You mean the Pokemon ones? They should be safe but I can't help ya there.
But yeah, I got a r4 for around 10 dollars off a local site, the only problem I've ever had with it was in GTA and once in B2 when I forgot to turn off the CGear.
You have to update from their site whenever you update your 3DS but that's just dragging and dropping. (I think the site for mine is r4isdhc.com, 2014 version that still takes 2015 ver. updates)
>>
File: screw you guys.jpg (118KB, 406x364px) Image search: [Google]
screw you guys.jpg
118KB, 406x364px
>tfw mac
>>
File: a0QMfcm.png (99KB, 400x480px) Image search: [Google]
a0QMfcm.png
99KB, 400x480px
>>27413040
check out PCHex++, a gui homebrew(can be launched on your ds) that allows you to edit your pokemon on your ds. Its not as powerful as pkhex, but you can inject .pk6 files, clone, change iv/ev/nature/shiny/movesets/pokeball etc.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-pchex-pchex-with-its-own-gui.405302/
>>
I was thinking about doing this but then I saw that people on 11.0.0-33 have to do the hardmod. I'd rather not because I'm a retard who fucks things up.

I'll wait for another way comes along.
>>
>>27413079
you only need to do hardmod to downgrade to 9.2, you don't have to do a hardmod if you want to follow this guide.

Also if you know someone irl that has a hacked ds, you can use his to downgrade your 11.0 without using a hardmod.
>>
File: seagulls.jpg (7KB, 391x260px) Image search: [Google]
seagulls.jpg
7KB, 391x260px
>>27413056
Friday night just got a bit better. I'll give it a try thanks
>>
>>27413079
no hard mod needed

>>27413092
it cant be done online or anything?

dang, imma put an ad on gumtree then lol
>>
>>27413056
Been using this with menuhax on a button start.

I bope tbis doesnt get patched, but in a way i kinda do. It makes bike sim pointless, and kibda robs the reward of it.

I dunno how i feel about it.
>>
>>27413104
nah, you need to do a system transfer (of which you can only do 1 every 7 days per DS), and for that you need both ds next to each other.

The hacked 3ds also needs to have the game "fieldrunners" from the eshop(costs 5$) installed, but you can still buy that one.
>>
>>27413092
>you don't have to do a hardmod if you want to follow this guide.

What guide?

>Also if you know someone irl that has a hacked ds, you can use his to downgrade your 11.0 without using a hardmod.

Sadly, I don't. At least anyone near me.
>>
>>27413173
>What guide?
There's a hardmod guide, and a "use a second hacked DS" guide. If you don't know anyone near you, then neither works.
>>
>>27413173
>What guide?
>>27412618
this one to get homebrew running... unless you were talking about downgrading, then you need hardmod or a friend with a9lh, ye
>>
>>27412796
>All hax (menuhax, oot3dhax, basehax, etc) serve the same purpose: launching the homebrewlauncher.
Does Basehax/oot3dhax turn the cart into a "homebrew launcher" cart? What I mean is, do I have to dedicate those carts to doing that, or can I still play those games normally?
>>
>>27413245
oot3d hax uses the first slot for hacking, I guess you can still use the other slots normally.

Base hax idk, afaik it "activates" the homebrewlauncher when you try to change your secret-base teamname... I think you can still use it normally as long as you don't trigger the "change name" option, but not really sure about that, maybe someone else can chime in.
>>
>>27413245
it modifies the save data to use it as a entry point, youre better off using menuhax desu. anyone can install them right now and they wont be bricked with the next update
>>
>>27413022
If you use a microsd+adapter for your 3ds, you can try putting the microsd in your phone and working from there. For now.
>>
File: 1469514987541.png (2MB, 2500x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1469514987541.png
2MB, 2500x3000px
>>27413261
I have menuhax going right now. I just want a somewhat permanent-ish solution (yeah yeah, I know, downgrade, but, that's not an option at this point in time). Do I? All I really do is hack mons.
>>
>>27413282
Well, that's gonna be hard. If you have a friend with a a9lh you can downgrade and get your permanent solution, if you don't it's probably best to wait with updating the firmware (if an update hits) and see if a) menuhax is fixed and if it is if you can b) create another entry point before updating (oothax, basehax, etc) that is not fixed in the new version
>>
After installing menuhax my 3ds hangs when I go from friends list back to the main menu. Any thoughts? Anyone else got this problem?
>>
>>27413308
Sadly no friend. What I'll likely end up doing is getting a New3DS notXL, and hopefully that has an early enough firmware that I can still roll back.
>>
>>27413282
how is menu hax not permanent?
>>
>>27413312
I heard of several people about that issue, I think it is a downside of using menuhax and is "normal"... don't think you can circumvent that without uninstalling menuhax

>>27413319
gl with that, cfw on new 3ds is pretty nice, you can stream the monitor output over wifi to your pc and create videos that way etc.

>>27413327
next firmware update will probably remove it (if you update) and you can uninstall it anytime. Wouldn't call that permanent
>>
>>27413327
Pretty certain installing a custom theme on your 3ds wipes menuhax.
>>
>>27413342
oh right, i meant its permanent in that it wont break when the web browser becomes ood
>>
>>27413381
id post you a vid, but i have a custom theme and menuhax
>>
>>27413381
It doesn't. I'm using a custom theme with menuhax on 11.0 and it's working great.
>>
>>27412616
I used Freakyhax to download homebrew on 11.0.0-33. What can I even do with it?
>>
>>27413392
>>27413400
I'm probably looking at some old info then
>>
>>27413413
dump your savegame, inject pokemon into it, reload it, have hacked pokemon/event pokemon
>>
>>27413419
Yeah I wanna try that now and get a good breeding ditto. I heard there was streaming software, I don't remember the name but it allows you to stream 3ds gameplay to your computer. Now I can't find it.
>>
Chemistryfag here! I wanted to thank Dudu for helping! I got pkhex to work without removing my SD card in my n3ds once! Works smooth as hell.
>>
>>27413440
that's not homebrew sadly and only works with new 3ds. You need a custom firmware for it (called NTR), so no chance unless you can downgrade
>>
>>27413413
Emulate retro games
Use PHBank, a free alternative to the Pokemon Bank
Play rom hacks
>>
besides edit saves and play some shoddy emulators is there much else i can do?
>>
>>27413468
Read the post above yours.
>>
>>27413413
>>27413468
https://gbatemp.net/threads/oras-bust-may-mod-patches.394177/
>>
>>27413448
Yeah I wanna try and downgrade later.

>>27413458
Roms? I know there are gba roms but and 3ds roms/free eshop games?
>>
>>27412616
Is there anything I can do if I update to 11.0 that I can't do in 9.2? I already have menuhax and luma3DS going and they just werk.
>>
I already have a Powersaves that lets me edit my mons, it's just a little bit slow, not sure if it's worth the risk of bricking my 3DS just to hack mons faster.
>>
>>27413513
Simply using browserhax and menuhax can't brick your 3DS. It's literally impossible.
>>
>>27413506
eh, if you are on 9.2 with luma3ds go find a a9lh guide (the one on reddit /r/3dshacks is nice), the nyou can update to the newest version without losing access to homebrew and no need for dual booting.

It won't allow you to do anything new, but it will make things a lot easier (no dual boot, always newest version, full homebrew/cia access)

>>27413513
no bricking possible, if something doesnt work you can just remove the sd card and remove one folder and menuhax will be uninstalled
>>
File: 1466021860481.jpg (54KB, 500x455px) Image search: [Google]
1466021860481.jpg
54KB, 500x455px
Bless you senpai for making this thread
>>
>>27413125
I'm cool with bike simulator but I want 999 of all the items,
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>27413594
you can change your pss icon to be a pokemoncenter or a gift box in pkhex... but I think it stops you from trading/battling with other ppl
>>
What do I need to play romhacks? I'm dying to play ORAS again but not on baby gen 6 mode.
>>
>>27413622
not sure, but I doubt homebrew launcher is enough for that. You want a a9lh for that... which you can only get if you ds is on a firmware <11.0 or if you know someone irl with a hacked ds
>>
>>27413482
this isnt permanent right?
>>
Not great with technology, but also not a total idiot here. How do you check what system version your 3DS is on?
>>
>>27413660
top left icon in the home menu then the wrench icon at the bottom, once it starts it shows on the top screen in the corner what version you are on
>>
>>27413660
Settings app, top screen, bottom left if I'm not mistaken. Can't miss it.
>>
I'm completely new to this and too much of an idiot to understand the guides completely because sometimes I have no idea what the fuck they're referring to and I don't know if they're just noting something not immediately important or if it's an important step that's the difference between a success and a fucking hardbrick
My only real questions:
1. Is there any way to be bricked besides messing up the installation or being an idiot and doing shit like posting on Miiverse, all the official Nintendo shit about your homebrew and updating? And does updating mean BRICK or REINSTALL?
2. I know the menuhax and ironhax and _hax are just choosing what to sacrifice to the blood God in return for using it to launch Homebrew, but is there any other version (and if so is it compatible), or are the only choices which road you take to Australia instead of which Australia?
3. By """""hacking""""" your 3ds do you pose access or risk a brick by accessing anything like the eShop, Miiverse, etc., Or is it adding without subtracting besides updating before a patch or whatever and obviously whatever you use to launch Homebrew?
4. I have an old R4i, can't fucking tell what version but it's for the 3DS, gold sticker, microsd accessible from the exterior of the card, anything I can do with that?
Thank you in advance.
>>
Quick general question for anyone who's got a better idea then me or has actually done this

I have a 2DS running a9lh, and a stock O3DSXL on 11.0.0.33U. O3DS has all the data I care about on it.

I have menuhax running on the O3ds now, for the dsiware exploit can I use the 2DS despite it being different hardware? They're same gen tech and they're same region.

Also any way to downgrade from 11.0 without purchasing shit, if at all possible?
>>
>>27413941
system transfer, ez

>>27413922
no way to brick, no need for iron hax. what the fuck do you mean by australia>
>>
>>27413922
>1
Bricking would mean gone for good. With the guide above you can't get bricked, worst case you have to take out your sd card during booting or remove a file from it. If you update to a new firmware you will probably lose access to homebrew, but it won't be bricked.

>2
they are just different versions to access the homebrew launcher, menuhax is the easiest as all you have to do is hold the L button during boot to start it. The downside is that your ds might "crash" (you need to force reboot) when you exit certain apps (like the friendlist) not sure if this is always the case though. That being sad, you can uninstall the hack anytime and go back to the status quo

>3
Depends on what you mean with hacking. This guide is pretty much failsafe and you won't get banned or whatever (unless you do super dumb shit that might a let a game detect you as a hacker, but I don't think that happens). If you talk about downgrading, then there is always the slim chance of bricking, but downgrading your system and installing a9lh allows you a lot more than simple homebrew.

>4
no clue

>>27413941
I downgraded my o3dsxl on 11.0 with a a9lh 2ds of a friend (pokemon red edition).

Downgrading this is only possible if you buy fieldrunners from the eshop on the a9hl console (costs 5$, don't purchase before the guide tells you to). If you want to keep your o3ds nintendoid and stuff you need to make sure that at the beginning of the system transfer guide you log into your existing nintendo id instead of creating a new one.
>>
>>27413922
Also, can I undo a hardbrick in any way, including things that require doing shit before the brick?
I know some guy was making a thing that undoes a hardbrick, think it requires pitting 4 nails or something in your 3DS, not sure where that is now and isn't user-friendly but I just don't want a brick.
>>27413978
It's a metaphor
For the cold war or something
I don't know
Is there different kinds of hacks or are the only different ""versions"" just different ways to launch Homebrew?
Like, is there Homebrew, Homebrew generic brand, Homebrew but with a different name slapped on it that are all different versions or is the only difference between any kind what is used to launch it?
>>
>>27414005
all are different ways of launching homebrew.

dude just stop.

browser hack then install menu hacks. works on any 3ds. then next software update (official) you can choose if you want to update or not. if you dont then you cant go online, simple as that. nothing else to it really
>>
>>27414005
well you can technically unbrick the 3ds by flashing correct data back onto it... but let's just say that it is not very userfriendly.

That being said, this won't brick you

There's homebrew and there's custom firmware. This is for homebrew, and all the different entrypoints (browserhax, menuhax, ironhax, basehax, oot3dhax) are just methods to launch the so called "homebrew launcher". Custom firmware allows you full access, like installing games you dl'd from the internet, but for that you need to downgrade (this is where you can get bricked)

>>27413979
that doesn't look like a 3ds firmware version
>>
>>27413525
>>27413541
Just edited my save, thanks for the help, this is MUCH easier than powershits.
>>
>>27414069
Not a problem, mate. Have fun.
>>
I'm on rxtools and have been for awhile without an issue.
What benefits do I get from upgrading to a9lh?
Will I have to re-download my games?
>>
>>27414168
I have no clue what rxtools allows you to do, but with a9lh you can be on the most up to date firmware (therefore playing your games online), install .cia files and launch homebrew. It also does not need dualbooting.

a9lh is pretty much the standard nowadays, idk if rxtools is just as good, you need to decide for yourself.
>>
>>27414168
RxTools is depreciated now since no one is working on it anymore, even if you don't want to go to A9LH at least change to Luma, it takes next to no time and is basically just dropping a couple of files on your SD card and calling it a day, you won't lose anything at all.

A9LH is better since you don't have to deal with having failures on boot anymore, your boot time improves by over 50%(We're talking like 4-10 seconds to boot instead of the 30+ it takes with Menuhax + EmuNAND booting), you have permanent brick protection because the hack activates prior to anything else(Think BootMii for the Wii), every update from now on is safe to update to since the hack can't be removed unless you do it purposely which you'd know you're doing, and you can still have an EmuNAND if you want.
>>
>>27414252
Awesome response anon, how do I go about starting the upgrade?
>>
>>27414168
Faster, guaranteed bootrate, no worries about whether you're in sysnand or not, and the ability to easily debrick yourself if you fuck up in the future. Plus, it's future-proof, no update can remove what you have.
You would have to change over to Luma or one of the other CFWs first, but as I recall, switching from Rx to Luma is just moving a few files onto your sd card.
You may want to back up your games and saves, (making backups is always a good idea anyway, regardless), but they should still be there just fine when you're done.
>>
can i get free games with this shit?
>>
>>27414274
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Since you're on EmuNAND already, just start from Part 4 of this guide, but make sure you follow it to the T, you understand? No steps skipped, triple check anything and everything. The downgrade to 2.1 is extremely finicky and flashing it to SysNAND is something you don't want to half ass.

Also
>If you have an existing EmuNAND, you can follow this part without switching to RedNAND by following all RedNAND steps as if they said EmuNAND.
You don't need to change to anything new, just follow it from part 4 onward.
>>
>>27414306
Get a job you little brat.
>>
>>27414315
i have a job you piece of shit, but i dont want to spend money on games that i will drop after a week
so just answer my question
>>
>>27414322
you can play roms with this, but unless you downgrade you won't be able to install real 3ds games for free
>>
>>27414333
thanks for the answer
>>
>>27414308
So since my emunand and sysnand arent linked I just go forward?
>>
All I want is to stream my games to the PC and capture footage. Will this allow me to do that?
>>
Hmm very good. Does this mean injector threads are over?
>>
>>27414411
no. You need a new3ds for that and a cfw

>>27414414
Until they fix this it is easier to just inject yourself
>>
Lol im on firmware 4.5 on my xl. Bet you guys feel stupid for updating?
>>
>>27414374
If they're not linked and you can access both just fine then you're good to go. Just make sure you update to Luma since most of the stuff relies on it.
>>
>>27414411
you can record videos with citra tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYFz0obfM68

but it will run at super shit speed if you dont have a super computer
>>
>>27414436
Do I also need to re install fbi if I already have it?
>>
>>27414468
You may want to, odds are you have an old version of fbi.
>>
File: ryu.gif (2MB, 293x199px) Image search: [Google]
ryu.gif
2MB, 293x199px
>it actually worked

Holy shit finally I can use pkhex again!
>>
I'm on a 11.00 2DS and just installed menuhax successfully. Can I play the XYORAS RomHacks
I have original X and AS.
>>
>>27414429
>he hasn't installed A9LH
>>
>>27414589
Yes.
>>
>>27414589
Yes, but you need to own the game and all the play time you have will go towards the ??????? title in the activity log if that bothers you.
>>
>>27414609
>>27414622
Is it too complicated? I looked for some video tutorials and they're over 20 minutes long.

Also, I know about RutileRuby and StarSapphire and I found the page detailing everything about it, the changes made etc, but I can't for the life of me find the content pages for RisingRuby and SinkingSapphire, the Drayano ones.
>>
>>27414429
>he paid for Gateway
>>
>>27414660
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzJZMhlTQ-CPOHBmQzZkSzhsOG8
>>
>>27414660
You literally just go find the precompiled files, throw them on your SD card, boot up the Homebrew Launcher, and then run HANS and point it to the ROMFS you threw on your SD card.
>>
>>27414669
I didnt. I use the finest firmware only. Rxtools
>>
>finally a browserhax exploit
>lemme try it
>no SD card reader
>phone has a micro SD card and I have an micro SD to SDHC card adapter
>itmightwork.png
>copy files to phone
>do the required shit
>scan the qr code,do the required shit
>gets stuck on a red screen
>50+ attempts later it still freezes at the same place
>give up and have a nap

It was a great day for me,f a m s
>>
read the faq:

>Browserhax gets stuck on a red screen:
Check your folder structure, the boot.3dsx needs to be on root level
>>
>>27414721
Why on earth are you on 4.5, then?
>>
File: 7627274.jpg (559KB, 1515x887px) Image search: [Google]
7627274.jpg
559KB, 1515x887px
>>27412625
Used menuhax v3.0 but I'm getting this message. What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>27414823
>>27412625
>Menuhax shows error 0XFFFFFFFE:
On your sd card, find the folder "Nintendo 3DS/<ID0>/<ID1>/extdata/00000000/
(ID0 and ID1 are gibberish names, just check them all if you have several)
In this folder, delete/rename the folder 00000082(on jp systems), 0000008f(on us systems) or 00000098(on eu systems)
(Make backups beforehand)
>>
>>27414756
But it is on root level....
>>
so i was playing around with the pre installed apps and it comes with super ftp, cool! how do i access it though is my question
>>
>>27414838
did the nds create a "Nintendo 3ds" folder on the sd card? If not I assume your sd card is not compatible. If you are on new 3ds you can use the micro sd management tool to transfer data over wifi.

>>27414848
idk about this exact tool, but starting it should show you an ip + port, if you are in the same network you can open the explorer on your pc and type "ftp:/192.168.1.2:5000" (or whatever it shows in the app) to access it.
>>
>>27414863
Ah,okay.Thanks,it appears that my sd card is not compatible.And I'm on a 2ds.
>>
I'm still pretty new to this, I only used menuhax once to change my themes but I was an idiot and updated. Since homebrew launcher is now finally accessible again on 11.0 and I did all the necessary stuff I have questions:

Can I get cfw without downgrading and if yes, how do I do that?

How do I inject? I swear, I checked the catalog multiple times and I couldn't find an injection thread. If I found one I would've asked there.
>>
>>27414884
>Can I get cfw without downgrading
No. There is no way around it.
>>
>>27414837
Oh sorry, I'm retarded. Thanks.
>>
>>27414884
CFW only through downgrading, since you are on 11.0 you need to have a 2nd ds with a9lh on it to downgrade.

>How do I inject?

>How do I hack my savegame with this?
Install a savegame manager (https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/ dl the attached jksm_3dsx.zip) and merge its 3ds folder with the one on your sd card, then you can dump your savegame file through the homebrew launcher onto your sd card, edit it on your pc and reinject it through the homebrew launcher.
>>
Is the browserhax website down? It won't let me connect to see the QR code and using the most recent archived QR code doesn't work either.
>>
>>27415056
not down, but you can consider changing your dns (in the connection options) to 8.8.8.8, maybe your network blocks that website... changing the dns should circumvent that. Alternatively you can try a different access point
>>
>>27415079
Yup, changing the DNS to 8.8.8.8 did it. Thanks.
>>
File: subaro.jpg (30KB, 360x333px) Image search: [Google]
subaro.jpg
30KB, 360x333px
installed everythin in the OP, will i ever be able to play pirated ROMs on my 11.0.0 o3ds XL?

i have ORAS so can do basehaxx, not sure what that does if i already have the homebrew launcher tho?
>>
>>27415173
No. You MUST DOWNGRADE to play 3DS roms.
YOU MUST DOWNGRADE.
READ IT AGAIN.
THOU SHALT DOWNGRADE
You'll need a second 3DS that's already been hacked tho so good luck fampai
>>
>>27415173
pirated games no, gba roms yes, romhacks of games you own yes

Basehax is just another entrypoint like menuhax, you just have both now. When they fix one, maybe they didn't fix the other and you can use that
>>
Just to be sure...The browser exploit can be patched but the menu one can't outside of an update right?
>>
>>27415242
you can't open your browser when a new firmware is available, so you can't use the browser exploit anymore. Menuhack can only be patched when you decide to update.
>>
>>27415242
Correct.
>>
>>27415201
well its lucky im in a rural area with no friends and no tech community then :^)
>>27415228
yeah thats what i gathered at gbatemp..
hopefully some 1337 dude can create a downgrader or a loader before Sun and Moon come out
>>
>>27415258
don't count on it, 11.0 added a hardcoded check for the version number and doesn't allow any lower versions anymore, so you won't be able to downgrade at all unless someone finds a way around that (unlikely). Your best bet is if they find a new kernel exploit (last one was for <=10.3)... then you could install a cfw without downgrading... but that isn't very likely either, time will tell.

You could learn how to solder and do a hardmod though, lul
>>
>>27415228
>romhacks of games you own yes
howso
>>
>>27415314
https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?46315-Pok%E9mon-Rutile-Ruby-and-Star-Sapphire-v2-0-Updated-with-new-Wild-Encounter-options!-New-Video-Install-Guide!
>>
so menuhax fucks up the home button for everyone right?
>>
>>27415328
Nope, it's working fine for me. Sorry anon.
>>
>>27415334
>>27415328
I think it only breaks on system apps like friendlist etc
>>
>>27415295
yeah, its a shame, guess i could have fun with some rom hacks eh..........
hate working for hours to pay for a lil tiny game cartridge
>>
>>27415334
odd, it makes my home button show that "home" screen and then freezes
>>
>>27414423
But then how will we get spoonfed on how to inject properly?
>>
>>27412625
Can I still play games online after installing this? Also, can I still access the Eshop?
>>
>>27415391
yes and yes
>>
i know i can't get 3ds roms on it, but can i play DS roms after installing this? gotta play that SM64DS
>>
>>27415447
think you need a flashcard for that
>>
I'm a bit lost here. If I install menuhax on my 11.0, will it be able to install a new OS over the top of everything by the end of the steps? One that can't be forced to update or brick and nintendo thinks it's a normal 3ds?

I know that can be done but I'm trying to learn how
>>
>>27415352
yeah me too famalam
>>
>>27415541
no, to install a custom firmware you need to downgrade. The only way to downgrade from 11.0 is either through a hardmod (requires you to solder some stuff onto your nds) or if you know someone irl that has a hacked ds.

This guide just allows you to run roms, romhacks of games you own and other stuff like savegame injection(hacking pokemon etc)
>>
>>27415561
won't that be patched out/bricked when the new update rolls out?

What's the core difference between the two
>>
>>27415400
Thanks.
>>
>>27415583
chances are high this will be patched with the next firmware update, yes. Once that happens you can wait with the update and see if another currently known entrypoint exists for the new firmware and maybe you can create that entrypoint while still on the old firmware... so you can keep using homebrew before you update.

>What's the core difference between the two
Between what?
>>
does my custom theme stay if i update past 11
>>
Do I need Internet to play GBA games or can I play them when I'm not at home? Also, don't some GBA games run like ass on a regular 3DS?
>>
>>27415613
between the browser hax results and a CFW

I know the CFW is going to a fully hacked 3ds, but the homebrew menu injection is...a lite version that can be used currently? If I understand that correctly. And will be patched out soon
>>
>>27415657
well with browserhax/menuhax you have access to homebrew. That means you can play snes roms and stuff like that, you can edit your savegames and play romhacks of games you own. Every new firmware update it might fuck you over and you might lose access to all that.

CFW is permanent, you will always have access to everything above because you own the system now. It also allows you to install games you dl'd from the internet and play online with them. It's a fully hacked system that you can only lose when you chose to. If you have the choice, get a cfw, but most ppl don't have the choice so they stick with the normal menuhax
>>
why the fuck can i play backups on my 360, my PS4 and my computer but not a 3ds
fuck u nintendo
sorry ishihara-san pls dont ban my GO acct
>>
>>27415706
Thank you very much for clarifying. So, if I have an old 3ds and I want to have a CFW someday...I could install this menuhax and leave it be until someone finds a simple way to allow a CFW into 11.0

I also have an older version that I am going to try to fully hack. Would it be worth getting menuhax onto the 11.0 right now just in case that helps at a later date or would it fuck over the current exploit of system transfers?
>>
File: 73735.jpg (589KB, 1473x837px) Image search: [Google]
73735.jpg
589KB, 1473x837px
>>27414837
I did this. Now everytime I start up my system all my applications are in giftboxes and out of their folders. How do I fix that?
>>
>>27415729
Because you're an idiot who updated to firmware 11.
>>
>>27415755
if you have a old firmware on a ds you can install a9lh (cfw) on that and system transfer that to your other 3ds, both would then end up having the cfw.

Menuhax doesn't hurt, you can remove it by deleting one folder on your sd card, it doesn't harm to install it, but you might not be able to install it later on when a new firmware update gets pushed (as this would prevent you from using the browser).

>>27415729
Because you decided to update your firmware
>>
>>27415785
I can just assume that menuhax "locks" your theme (so you don't accidentally uninstall it). I guess you can try to uninstall menuhax through the homebrewlauncher, open the packs and move them into their folders and then reinstall menuhax... but I really don't know since I'm using a9lh myself
>>
>>27415789
Great, thank you. First step is going to be installing the homebrew launcher on the 11.0 then I'll work on putting the CFW on the older 3ds
>>
>>27415828
>then I'll work on putting the CFW on the older 3ds

that step isn't hard, but it takes some 4-5 hours... but it is worth.

I should warn you though, to do a system transfer(which you need to downgrade your 11.0 ds) you need a 5$ game from the eshop, and nintendo likes to take those titles down from the shop relatively fast (even though it has been up for almost 2 weeks now). So you should think about doing all this soonish, before they block it (buying it now won't help btw, it needs to be on the hacked ds and you need to do some additional steps before purchasing)
>>
>>27415893
If you're getting it on the hacked system, what's the point of mentioning the price, considering you can just go download and install it?
>>
>>27415988
needs to be legal, because after system transfer you need to run it on the unhacked system to start an exploit
>>
>>27416000
Ah, I see. How does that particular exploit work?
>>
>>27416027
its just some corrupted savegame that crashes the game and allows you to downgrade to 10.4 when you press the "score" button in the main menu of the game. From there on you do the normal a9lh guide as if your system was downgraded.
>>
>>27416043
And Nintendo still has that on the eshop, despite the fact it allows for an easy firmware downgrade?
>>
>>27416067
yup, you can put it on your wishlist now and then you can still buy/dl it if they decide to remove it, but idk if you get to keep your wishlist when you do the whole a9lh installation
>>
>>27415788
>>27415789
close, i'm an idiot that bought the 3DS way too late
thats what i get for being poor i guess, the cycle continues
>>
>>27415893
>>27416043
I was under the impression I was buying it for $5 on the unmolested 3ds
>>
>>27416141
nah, you have it on the hacked one and then, during system transfer, you move it to the unhacked one where you execute the exploit. I'm not sure about the exact technicalities, but that's how the guide goes.
>>
When exporting a save from my SD do I want to export the save or the extdata? Both?
>>
>>27416169
I'll be going through it soon enough
>>
>>27416208
only save
>>
>>27415785
same problem : (
>>
I'm trying to install Rutile Ruby. Wish me luck anons.
>>
Can you still get A9LH if you've already got a working CFW with installed games that's on firmware version 11? I updated my CFW to that so I could play online.
>>
File: 1464117615447.png (7KB, 349x298px) Image search: [Google]
1464117615447.png
7KB, 349x298px
Maybe I'm missing something, but doesn't FBI have a .3dsx version that can be run through whateverhax? Looking at that guide, the only reason you even need a hacked console is to install a save. Couldn't you just buy the DSi game on the 11.0 console, and then use the 3dsx version to install the save?
>>
I want to finally play Sinking Sapphire but every video tutorial is like 30 minutes long, you have to dump the rom which takes forever, then extract files, edit them with other programs, use the command prompt, download what, 3 different programs and all the tutorials provide outdated links I suppose, since I'm trying this with 11.00

Is there really not an easier way to do this?
I already have menuhax. Can't I just download a .rar/.zip or something and install it on the SD card, select HANS and play?

Seriously, does everyone that wants to play it have to go through this shitshow?

And before anyone gives me shit for using video tutorials, googling Sinking Sapphire/Rising Ruby only leads me to them and Let's Play videos and other outdated reddit links. Where is the usual GBATemp mega-thread there usually is for Drayano hacks?

I want Sinking Sapphire, not Star Sapphire, since I want to Nuzlocke and Star looks waaaay too hard by itself.
>>
>>27412618
>3. Copy the CONTENTS of the starter FOLDER (in the starter.zip) on your sd-card
>4. Copy, merge and overwrite the CONTENTS of the menuhax_v3.0.zip ZIP FILE to your sd-card (This step may no longer be needed since it might be included in the new version of the starter.zip)

The contents of starter.zip are newer than the files stated to overwrite them in menuhax_v3.0.zip by a few hours. The file sizes are identical.

Is this a concern?
>>
>>27415614
bump
>>
File: IMG_20160729_133310609~2.jpg (1MB, 1663x3338px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160729_133310609~2.jpg
1MB, 1663x3338px
When I get tot he launcher I don't see an option for installing menuhax, I do see this, though, so it could be I'm missing a file.
>>
>>27416445
nah, you need something through the system transfer, dont ask me what, but the transfer needs to come from a a9lh console

>>27416534
nah, they updated the starter.zip, should be fine
>>
>>27416574
can i run 3ds and 3dsx file types? mainly to use 3DNES
>>
>>27416574
Wait nevermind, it was something else, I'm new to this shit
>>
need some help have old 3ds 10.3 with menu-hax (never updated) I want to go on the eshop. What would be the easiest way to do this without losing my save dataon digital game
>>
>>27416635
You downgrade to 9.2, get yourself an Emunand or A9LH, and then you update to 11.0 and then access the eShop. Unless you don't want CFW, then just update like normal and kick yourself in the face for being an idiot.
>>
>>27416318
I kinda got a way around it. Maybe it'll work for you too.
Here's what I did:
>take out sd card
>delete folder 00000098
>put sd back in 3ds
>unwrap all gifts, re-arrange them
>changed theme to a standard theme
>started a game, closed it immediately afterwards (might be unneccessary)
>shut down 3ds, took out sd card, put in pc
>unpack homebrew starter kit files and menuhax files onto sd card
>install menuhax as described in op
It seems like menuhax doesn't allow any change to the homescreen icons. After menuhax is installed you cannot re-arrange your icons anymore. After a system reboot everything is back where it wa before.
>>
>>27416635
>>27416661
pretty much this, get a9lh, it's the best thing you can get
>>
>>27416635
you want to visit /hbg/ on /vg/ for a full guide and help on how to hack the shit out of that bitch
>>
Is there a way to start homebrew without having to reboot your 3DS all the time?
>>
>>27416386
Do you have an emunand set up? If you do, you can just follow the Plailect guide from Part 4.
>>
>>27416766
if you follow the guide to get luma3ds working, you'll install a homebrew loader app.
>>
>>27416807
on 11?
>>
>>27416839
no, need to downgrade for that, but you can use a ftp server app, this way you dont have to take your sd card out and only need to reboot 3 times whenver you want to dump your savegame
>>
so if my shit is hacked already how do i edit my pokemans with my saves ?
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 404x267px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 404x267px
This works on new 3ds xl? If I brick this thing Im fucked
>>
>>27416931
see
>>27414915
>>
>>27416945
works and it cannot brick your ds
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
What am I doing wrong here? I followed the FAQ to a T, and I get this error.
>>
>>27416676
ok thaaaaank you !!!
>>
>>27416972
see
>>27414837
>>
>>27416972
Same mistake I made, I guess. See >>27414837
>>
I downloaded PCHex++ but I found out it doesn't work with digital downloads.
>>
>>27416996
That's what you get for getting digital games.
>>
>>27417010
Yep, oh well I'll wait til sun and moon
>>
>>27416996
are you sure? it says it works with digital copies
>>
how do i get retroarch working?

>>27416996
>digital games
>>
If I do this I can install cfw?
>>
>>27417071
no
>>
so can i install cfw now?
>>
>>27417026
When I click it it just shows the game I already have in the console.
>>
I can get a 2ds with 6.1.0-12E
should i go for it? is there anything it can do particularly well
>>
>>27417447
well its below 11.0, so you can use it to get a9lh on it and you can even use it to transfer a9lh to other systems (as long as they are physically next to you, and only 1 per 7 days)

a9lh is the pinnacle of hacking, you will have full access to everything, can install games you didn't buy and play them online and you can always update to the newest version without risking losing your homebrew/"hacking" ability.

Consider buying a 32gb sd card though, games are pretty big and the standard sd card only has space for 1-2 games.
>>
>>27417492
I see, can i go higher than 32gb or is it some fat 32 restriction?

also what do you think would be a good price? this guy wants 220 for it with x and hg
>>
>>27417560
I think 32gb is the highest you can go on a ds.

Price sounds too much to me desu, I think most (if not all) 2ds/3ds you can buy in the stores now come with a firmware of <11.0, so they offer the same possibilities... and a 2ds is like 100$
>>
going to buy a new system which is the easiest for home brew, 2ds or 3ds xl
>>
>>27417378
Use the dpad.
>>
>>27417594
true, ill have to look into ebgames as an option. even with HG and X it seemed pretty borderline.

Thats going to be an odd conversation for me, asking about firmware in store, or maybe i can get the X bundle one, assuming it only had one production run
>>
>>27417609
Doesn't matter. It'll come with downgradable firmware either way.
>>
>>27417609
you can do homebrew on any system with the current setup (as long as no firmware update hits)

If you manage to get a system with a version of <11.0 you can go full custom firmware and be set for life with homebrew and even game downloads.

2ds and 3dsxl both work the same, no difference here. Keep in mind that a new 3ds with cfw allows you some more stuff (like streaming the video to your pc with a bit of lag)
>>
>>27417609
its all the same lol.

you know the 3 have the exact same hardware bar screens and i think battery
>>
why doesnt the save copier and regionfree thing have compatability for DS games?
>>
>>27417657
theres a save copy thing for nds games:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-twlsavetool-v1-0.412887/

but it requires you to have some game installed on your 3ds
>>
>>27417620
That worked, however now the screen just goes black on load up.
>>
File: ezgif-1191554510.gif (2MB, 300x155px) Image search: [Google]
ezgif-1191554510.gif
2MB, 300x155px
I just bought a used 2ds for a few bucks from ebay.

is it possible to put a cfw on that thing to boot up Roms from an sandisk sd card or something similiar ? the last time I did something like this was with my psp.

also what is better some flashcard or actually putting a CFW on your 2ds ?

pic unrelated
got no pokemon pictures
>>
how do i make my 3ds clean again? just wait for the updates
?
>>
Will something bad happen if I'd just remove the SD card while homebrew is running? Constantly turning the system on and off for injecting is tiring.
>>
You guys are pathetic.
I'm sure cheating in this monster game made for 10 year olds is gonna get you laid.
>>
>>27417784
FTP READ THREAD

NOTHING WILL HAPPEN THATS BAD
>>
>>27417785
we do what we must.
>>
>>27417764
depends, if its version is <11 you can put cfw on it and do anything(roms, games, homebrew, online, everything) and no future update can fuck it up for you. Cfw is the best you can get, better than any flashcard could ever be. If you decide to get a cfw, get a 32gb sd card, too. If its version is 11 you can't easily downgrade and any future firmware update can fuck you over.

>>27417774
you can uninstall menuhax from the homebrewlauncher and delete the files you put on the sd card earlier if that is what you mean

>>27417784
you can try taking the sd card out, worst case the ds crashes. But get a ftp app, it allows you to connect your pc with your ds over wifi and just drag and drop files on the sd card.
>>
>>27417785
Welcome back, wolfpack
>>
>>27412616
Any recommended secondary entrypoints after Menuhax? I tried getting OoT3D to work but both the installer and save manager freeze at a yellow screen. Thinking SMD but unsure how good that one is.
>>
So if I got cfw, I could run not only 3DS roms, but normal DS ones too?
>>
>>27417817
>you cant easily downgrade
But its still possible ?

Im also thinking about buying a new 3ds xl for me and give the 2ds my daughter do the new ones come with the newest firmware ?
>>
>>27417896
PSMD exploit works great.
>>27417918
You'll be able to play any 3DS rom, but you'll need to use the DS emulator that's being worked on (it has a long way to go) or a flash cart for DS roms.
>>
>>27417918
>>27417950
Ah, right
Thanks Anon
>>
How do I fix the black screen I'm getting with PCHex++ on bootup? (11.0)
>>
>>27417943
>But its still possible ?
Yes. This is the only non-hardmod method at the moment: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
>>
>>27417896
desu, menuhax is your secondary entrypoint. Your best bet is to not update with the next firmware update and wait for a post to show up that tells you what secondary entry points still work with the new firmware. If possible, set those up.

Not much use having several secondary entry points when the next update might fix them all.

(I personally used oot3dhax as entry point before all this was available, but I did it with powersaves)

>>27417918
idk about ds games, for the longest time ds games would only work with a flashcard. Homebrew allows you to play snes/gba roms, cfw allows you to play 3ds games.

>>27417943
You can downgrade either through hardmod (involves soldering, probably not what you want to do unless you do this stuff for a living) or if you have a already hacked ds at hand. So if your 2ds runs a9lh(the cfw) you can use system transfer to put a9lh on your new 3ds, even if it is on 11.0. That being said, I think they don't come with 11.0 yet if you buy a new one, but I might be wrong with that.
>>
>>27417998
>soldering
Im doing this actually for a living

Thank you very much for the information
May you be blessed with infinity amounts of tight pussy or whatever you prefer :)
>>
Might be a silly question but

Anyway to modify Pokemon Yellow VC with this exploit? Last time around it wouldnt let me extract the save but are things different now?
>>
>>27417998
>Homebrew allows you to play snes/gba roms
id like to say the gba emulator is in an shit state rn, games dont actually run at their proper speed
>>
>>27418132
A quick google search tells me you need cfw for that to get around the encryption
>>
>Basehaxx
>searchibg for target
>get the standard 3ds error message
>>
sort of unrelated, but because of the way updates are pushed now, is the 3ds (at end of life) most likely never going to recieve proper hacks comparable to the way the psp did? (you can soft mod, resets with power and boot from iso files, emulate heaps of stuff, even a ds)?

And based on citra, its also going to be ages before we get a emulator thats perfect?
>>
>>27418185
>Basehaxx
>>
>>27418132
>>27418173
actually, maybe it works, try this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/486xvo/save_editing_pokemon_rby_vc_versions/
>>
>>27418232
>>27418232
SaveDataFiler didnt work with homebrew last time. Something about it needing to be installed I think
>>
>>27418299
>https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/486xvo/save_editing_pokemon_rby_vc_versions/
most ppl in this thread are using jk save manager successfully. But idk if it needs special permissions for the vc part, you can try I guess
>>
just got a 3ds xl at 11.0.0-33 can I still homebrew
>>
Is it normal for the ftp homebrew app to result in a black screen when exiting? I always have to reboot the system after using it.
>>
>>27418342
homebrew yes, cfw no
>>27418345
anything homebrew related will break once you press the home button, see if the app allows you to get back to the homebrew launcher without the home button or try and find a different ftp app
>>
>>27418357
I exit ftp by pressing B, like it tells me to. But it just results in a black screen and I have to force the system to shut down by pressing the power button a couple of times.
>>
My SD card is read only, i've had the switch both ways but it still won't work.
>>
The instructions say the SD card should have a 3ds folder, but my SD card hasn't, only a Nintendo 3DS folder and DCIM

Am I just being a retard and that's the folder, or is it elsewhere?
>>
>>27418400
after copying the files onto the sd card it should have that folder

>>27418374
try another ftp app then I guess

>>27418378
try again, otherwise your card is broken
>>
>>27418311
any reason for it saying that it has an error opening the save archive? Sorry for all the questions Im a noob when it comes to this stuff
>>
>>27418400
>>27418407
I feel very stupid now
Cheers man
>>
>>27418420
no clue, never tested it myself, if you mean pkhex gives you that error, that's normal as it isn't made to edit gen1 save files, there's other tools for that
>>
>>27418357
>cfw
Can I play Japanese games as that is the only reason I am doing this?
>>
>>27418434
no its jk giving me the problem, not quite sure where to go from here
>>
>>27418445
with cfw yes

if you own the game but are region locked you dont even need cfw, homebrew is enough to un-regionlock stuff
>>
Got the homebrew up
Is the Menuhax manager the bit I need to select now, or have I fucked up?
I also have ironhax installer, if that helps?
>>
>>27417977
still need to know
>>
>>27418455
Any tips on how to start?
>>
>>27418508
Anyone?
>>
>>27412616

Trade - Battle - Breed

This thread isn't for Hacks, Clones, or Injections. There are other threads for those.

Looking for a decent trade?
Maybe a fun battle?
Got an item you need?
Got too many of another?
Wanna just chat?

COME ON OVER TO THE WIFI GENERAL! We've got experienced and new players, all ready to help, play, and handle all sorts of nonsense!

This thread will NOT last forever! Get on over there before you miss your big chance to score that Pokémon you've been hunting down without success!

>>27412764
>>27412764
>>27412764

It doesn't pay to wait! Head over there before it's too late!
>>27412764
>>
Trade - Battle - Breed

This thread isn't for Hacks, Clones, or Injections. There are other threads for those.

Looking for a decent trade?
Maybe a fun battle?
Got an item you need?
Got too many of another?
Wanna just chat?

COME ON OVER TO THE WIFI GENERAL! We've got experienced and new players, all ready to help, play, and handle all sorts of nonsense!

This thread will NOT last forever! Get on over there before you miss your big chance to score that Pokémon you've been hunting down without success!

>>27412764
>>
so I have a New 3ds XL with 11.0.0-33u It's safe rigth?(You can install free 3ds games with this?)
>>
>>27418508
Menuhax is what you need to select, its unlikely you have the ability to use ironhax
>>
>>27413040
>tfw your mac is bootcamped
>>
>>27419042
Is it safe? yes
Can you install free 3DS games with this? no, you need CFW for that.
>>
>>27418702
for homebrew just follow the guide in the first post, for cfw you need to be on a version <11.0 or know someone that has a hacked ds already.
>>
>>27418635
Use pkhex on your computer
>>
A few questions:

>I'm on 10.7; is my Old 3DS hackable now?

>Reading through the thread, it seems whatever new exploits that are available may be patched out; will this affect me if I do mod my 3DS at 10.7?

>Difference between menuhax/homebrew/all these different modding options?

>Can I have a custom theme?

>Will I be able to play online?

Thanks in advance guys!
>>
>>27419130
>I'm on 10.7; is my Old 3DS hackable now?
yes, get a9lh

>Reading through the thread, it seems whatever new exploits that are available may be patched out; will this affect me if I do mod my 3DS at 10.7?
if you get a9lh you are safe for life

>Difference between menuhax/homebrew/all these different modding options?
just how you launch the tools. You need a entrypoint (menuhax, browserhax, oot3dhax) to launch homebrew, some are easier to execute, others are harder. If you are on a9lh you can just start a app on your main page for this though, get a9lh

>Can I have a custom theme?
yes

>Will I be able to play online?
yes, also with games you didn't buy

setting up a9lh takes some 5h though, get a 32gb card, too, the stock 4gb doesn't fit that many games
>>
I know this is a stupid question, and I have tried looking; I just must be dumb :/ how do you play games for free on homebreww? Could I just download a Cia for pokemon after I properly homebrew a 3ds and it works?
>>
>>27419196
games for free only works if you run a cfw. For that you need to be <11.0 or know someone with a hacked ds to help you out irl.

But yes once you are at the point of having a cfw you can just dl games and install them on your sd card
>>
>>27412616
the site for the QR code isn't loading for me.
any ideas?
>>
>>27419237
your network is blocking it, try a different access point or go to your connection settings and set the DNS to 8.8.8.8
>>
>>27419159
Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply too!
>>
>>27419293
as you are on 10.7 you need a different entrypoint though (browserhax/menuhax won't work), might have to buy a game for that/get someone with a 11.0 or hacked ds to help you. (In return you can help them downgrade from 11.0 to a9lh with your newly hacked ds)
>>
So Im using the microsd-management tool to move files between your ds and your pc
but I dont see a /3ds/ folder (with several folder inside) and a boot.3dsx on root level
>>
>>27419340
well those are the files from the two zip files, you are supposed to put them there
>>
>>27419159
>setting up a9lh takes some 5h though, get a 32gb card, too, the stock 4gb doesn't fit that many games

And how do I do that on new3dsxl?
>>
>>27412616
>10. Select menuhax installer, press A to install and B when it asks to skip ropbin, press a when it is complete, turn off your 3ds
So, I have homebrew up, but I dont see a menuhax installer. Is it the ironhax one?
>>
>>27419398
Never mind, I'm dumb. Found it.
>>
>>27419388
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
is the best guide for this, make sure to read carefully as there are a few steps in the beginning that can brick your system if you do it wrong
>>
>>27418452
https://www.dropbox.com/s/omeeeqbjawcp0gx/JKSM_3DSX%20-%207-29.zip?dl=0
You can give this one a try. It'll at least tell you what the error is and give me a better idea of what's up.
>>
>>27412616
>You can also install a9lh on a 11.0 system if you know someone irl that already runs a9lh and helps you.
How?
>>
>>27419803
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
but you will need to purchase a 5$ game on the hacked ds, might lose your nintendo id and you need another entry point (not sure if the current browserhax works)
>>
>>27412616
All ppl in this thread will die any Monday of maintenance or update :^)
>>
File: 1384886430343.png (120KB, 400x414px) Image search: [Google]
1384886430343.png
120KB, 400x414px
>>27419913
>implying I updated past 10.7
>>
what's the name of the homebrew pokebank?
>>
Is there anywsy of Nintendo find and ban us becaus of homebrew?

Also, what happens if i update de firmware? I would lose the homebrew?
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.