[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why have ice types been royally shit on?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: picture2life_00270_original.jpg (143KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
picture2life_00270_original.jpg
143KB, 720x720px
Why have ice types been royally shit on?
>>
THEY WONT STOP MAKING DEFENSIVE ICE TYPES
>>
luv piloswine.
>>
>>27410091
ice mons are k. the typing is just shit defensively.
>>
No ice/fairy yet
>>
>>27410091
They've been given the cold shoulder.
>>
>>27410091
>only 9 can be discerned as Ice type based on design

what the fuck
>>
File: carlos.jpg (8KB, 236x172px) Image search: [Google]
carlos.jpg
8KB, 236x172px
>>27410140
how can gf be this cold hearted
>>
>>27410091
They don't make faster ones with decent offenses.
>>
Because water types also learn ice type moves. Water is a fantastic defensive type, water is a good STAB to have, and using ice just for SE coverage means you aren't going to be missing the STAB too much.

Meanwhile, ice types are shit defensively, and a lot of them have defensive stats, meaning that a lot of them end up as middle of the road Pokemon that are easily exploitable by opponents.

GameFreak is trying to patch things up with exclusive moves like Freeze Dry, but its just not enough.

They honestly need to drop a few weaknesses and gain a resistance or two before they are useful.
>>
File: 1466730768503.jpg (154KB, 569x412px) Image search: [Google]
1466730768503.jpg
154KB, 569x412px
>>27410091
One of these things is not like the others... one of these thing is not dog shit!

>>27410136
Steel types say hello
>>
>>27410160
Weavile says hello
>>
>>27410508
>one of these thing is not dog shit!
Mamoswine is okay I guess.
>>
>>27410141
I'm sorry, does it need to be white, have hexagons or litteraly spell out "ice" for you to see that? stuff like mamoswine, dewgong, jynx and weavile have subtlety to their designs. It doesn't make them good, but your argument is dumb.

>>27410554
I was a bit harsh, mamoswine, frosslass, and cloyster are all good. See a trend? those are the "speedy" ice types
>>
>>27410519
>exception is the rule
every time
>>
what they need to do is give it a water resistance, and give ice pokemon an ability where if they use an ice type move on a water pokemon theres a much higher chance of freezing it. like, %20 or something insane
>>
>>27410508
An ice fairy would be just fun. I don't care about steel types.
>>
>>27410091
they're SE against dragons :^)
>>
>>27410579
He said they don't make them, they do, weavile is proof of concept, not an exception.

>>27410587
That's the spirit. It could be like a nice version of frosslass, a ice lady design, or something else?
>>
>>27410091
>ice now resists rock
did I fix it?
>>
>>27410582
Maybe 30? that would change everything
>>
>>27410602
No. Ice needs to resist dragon and ground, now its fixed without fucking up the meta too badly

>>27410606
I've never understood why ice isn't SE on water, its dumb. It should be
>>
>>27410602
>resist rock
>resist water
>2x damage to water

There we go.
>>
>>27410634
>>27410629
>>27410582
These are good ideas
>>
Ice now resists Flying and Ground. How does this change the meta?
>>
>>27410091
I've always wondered why they designed Beartic with that odd patch of fur...
>>
>>27410091
Spheal is in my top 5 favorite pokemon
>>
File: aaaa_by_ky_nim-d82tihz.gif (166KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
aaaa_by_ky_nim-d82tihz.gif
166KB, 600x398px
Why do so many well designed pokemon get such bad stats.
>>
cloyster is actually very viable in UU with a shell smash set
>>
>>27410634
>>resist rock
>>resist water

Good call, also make it resist Grass
>>2x damage to water

Ice is a good enough offensive type already, since tons of non-ice types can learn ice beam.
>>
Doesn't help that they get destroyed by scizor and heatran, some of the most commonly used competitive pokemon
>>
>>27411424
>resist grass
stop this meme
>>
>>27411446
What would Plants do to fucking Ice? Nothing
>>
>>27410304
I'd just be happy to have half decent health on ice mons..
>>
I love ice types, especially from gen 4. Walrein isn't terrible either, but it would be nice if they made some that were a bit more competitively viable. I used Avalugg in my first playthrough of Y too, such a cool design.
>>
>>27411465
If plant roots have no problem dealing with rocks in pokemon, they have no problem dealing with ice. There's plenty of plants that grow on perma frost.

Even then, if we wanted to make ice good. A grass resist wouldn't do that. Fucking everything in the game already resists grass. It's not a valuable resist.
>>
>>27411490
I guess thats true...

What about Fairy
>>
>>27410141
I got at least 12, depending on what you pick up on

>Dewgong has a white coat
>Articuno's crest feathers are geometric, and the tail is supposed to be reminiscent of an aurora
>Swinub,Piloswine,Mamoswine have long fur, which is suited for the cold and Mamoswine is supposed to be half woolly mammoth, a creature commonly associated with the ice age
>Delibird, if you pick up on the Santa Claus imagery
>Snorunt if you read the gesture as shivering
>Glalie, has ice crystals, and hockey goalie mask imagery
>Spheal, Sealeo, Walrein, are walruses/sealions which can be found in cold/arctic climates, though not exclusively
>Regice, obvious
>Abamasnow, the white on green looks like snow on a tree
>Glaceon, has geometric patterns
>Froslass has crystals and white coloration
>Vanillish, obvious
>Cubchoo, Beartic, white fur, obviously polar bears
>Cryogonal, obvious
>Kyurem, crystals

So that makes only 6 pokemon on the OP image that are visually ambiguous.
>>
>Not weak to Rock
>Not weak to Fighting
>Resists Ground
>Resists Grass
Immune to Flying
>>
>>27410091
desu gen 4 was the best gen for ice types... if you exclude sneaky pebbles
>>
>>27410091
Every fucking water mon learns ice beam
>>
>>27412242
Well, it WAS the snowy region
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.