[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which pokemon should someone buy, while waiting for Sun/Moon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (119KB, 690x388px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119KB, 690x388px
Which pokemon should someone buy, while waiting for Sun/Moon?

Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire
Or
X/Y
>>
XY and emulate Emerald. Win win.
>>
Go ORAS. 90% of X/Y is just spamming past all the friendship cutscenes.
>>
>>27409647
XY has Friend Safari.
>>
>>27409653
ORAS has more legendary encounters, and more post-game content.
>>
Don't buy either and wait for Sun and Moon. Emulate a game
>>
>>27409741
>more post-game content.

What post game content
>>
>>27409839
walking around a city
>>
>>27409839
Secret bases
Battle Tower
Contests
Becoming famous on the teevee and managing your fan club
>>
File: 1416732625419.jpg (552KB, 1920x1380px) Image search: [Google]
1416732625419.jpg
552KB, 1920x1380px
XY if you want to play with the new Pokemon and customize a trainer and make PR videos.

ORAS if you wanna play with all the new megas, build secret bases, do contests, and have a fuck ton of legendaries to catch.
>>
Is it still worth getting White/Black and the sequels or Platinum?
I'm currently emulating Soul Silver, but I keep having problems with crashes, so I just want to buy the damn games.
>>
>>27410167
Unless you have another DS/3DS for trade evos and the like, you won't be catching them all, but they're still very playable even with the killed Wifi.

Definitely get'em.
>>
>>27410212
Yeah, I was also considering it since I still have my old DS lying around. I was also thinking about Leaf Green/Fire Red, but I just checked eBay and they're kind of expensive unless you want a Chinese bootleg.
>>
Depends on what you have played before, why you play Pokemon, etc.

XY has a better campaign mode, new region, fresh story. It's not the best the series has to offer, though. There are a lot of features new to Gen VI in here, like Pokemon Amie, and Super Training, but ORAS has those, too. The only really exclusive XY feature is dressing up your trainer.

ORAS' campaign isn't as good as XY even if you haven't played RSE, but the really flourishes with post-game stuff like DexNav Pokemon and Legendary Mirage Islands giving you access to a preposterous number of legendaries, lots of side features like secret bases and pokemon contests, and its the current format if you are into competitive battling. But it won't be current for long so you probably shouldn't consider this too heavily, though if you are long-term interested in competitive you should note this game provides Move Tutors, easier Hidden Ability access, and easier egg move access, so it might still have utility even after Sun/Moon come out.

>>27409653
Friend Safari has some cool exclusives, but requires too many hoops to jump through. ORAS' DexNav doesn't require adding friend codes and gives you full access to a wider array of Hidden Abilities AND egg moves.

>>27410167
B/W are still some of my favorite games in the franchise, but I don't know how much they run for, and used Pokemon games always run the risk of being knock off carts.
>>
>>27409580
Grab XY, ORAS can be emulated in a playable fashion while XY is stuck.
>>
>>27410273
You forgot to mention you can only use the new megas in ORAS.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.