[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gen 1 thread I guess

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

Been a solid 10 or so years since touching either of these games, changed the batteries and on another quest to get all 151 again because of Pokemon Go hype

>grew out of my autism of using my favorites/coolest ones apparently
>branching out this time around
>did research
>learning about EVs/STAB/etc
>mons I thought were useless turns out to be pretty badass

>pokemon blue
>charizard(doubleteam, slash, dig, flamethrower)
>persian(cut, slash, payday, double team)
>golem(rock slide, earthquake, strength, double team)
>vaporeon(surf, ice beam, bubble beam, sand attack)
>mew via slowpoke glitch (phychic, fly, sword dance, bodyslam)
>raichu (flash, bolts, double team)

>charizard kinda sucks in hindsight, ember until level 46, slash is his best attack otherwise but Persian does it better. CANNOT use ANY Flying moves in Blue
>persian, originally used for a cut/flash bot, but turns out speed=crit + slash crit bonus = damn near 100% crit rating + STAB damage making him a beast in combat + payday
>always thought golem was shit, but he is a beastly tank who hits like a truck
>vaporeon is vaporeon, water, ice, amazing special, surf, etc
>mew is a beast, feels like cheating.. but I needed a non-normal who can fly is what i tell myself
>raichu is just kinda there

You playing Red/Blue/Yellow? If so, what are your teams
>>
>>27409357
Nobody here played RBY because everyone here is a child
>>
>>27409357
I have an unfinished playthrough of Blue with a Wartortle, Clefairy and Paras that i need to continue. I got lost in mt. Moon and gave up for a little while.
>>
File: image.jpg (293KB, 780x1048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
293KB, 780x1048px
The only Kanto game I played was fire red.
>>
>>27409357
genwunner cancer pls die
>>
>>27409476
>>27409500
Cringe.
>>
I bought Yellow VC because I thought it would be neat to revisit the game that I had lost the original cart of again. Turned out that it just showed me how worse gen 1 games aged over the years, but I guess that's a given.

Here's my team after beating the game, at least
>Pikachu
>Tauros
>Ninetales
>Dodrio
>Starmie
>Kadabra
>>
>>27409357
I got red and yellow when they came to VC.

Team was pic related, minus Charizard, because this was the first pokemon related thing I ever saw. Most of my final team was NFE, but I liked the challenge.

I want to complete the dex now, but grinding after the elite four sucks balls. Plus, none of my friends downloaded the games to trade the missing mons with me.

I started a nuzlocke in Yellow since I haven't done one before, but I sort of burnt out on it. Thinking about picking up where I left off now that pokemon Go has rekindled things for me.
>>
>>27409512
>>27409476 here. How am Is my post cringeworthy? The only Kanto games i played were fire red because gen 1 had to many problems
>>
File: 1395816331906.jpg (41KB, 393x288px) Image search: [Google]
1395816331906.jpg
41KB, 393x288px
>>27409357
THHHHHIIIICCCCCCCC.

I'm not actually a thicc poster. But look at those fucking thighs on that charmander
>>
File: TC1G Blue.png (25KB, 245x158px) Image search: [Google]
TC1G Blue.png
25KB, 245x158px
>>27409357

Tried taking Pokemon I wouldn't normally take, in a recent Blue run.

>Blastoise
>Victreebel
>Marowak
>Magmar
>Pidgeot
>Clefable

Cheesed the shit out of the Lance fight with Minimize, Thunderbolt, Sing, and Strength.

Also learned that Marowak wasn't the speedy little thing I thought it was, in fact, it's pretty slow. That Def stat though. Also cheesed the Agatha fight with it.
>>
>>27409547
Your post is cringeworthy because of this:

Nothing in the OP was combative in a sense "GENERATION ONE FOR LIFE FAGGOTS WOOO". It was just a simple thread about some dude playing Blue for the first time in awhile.

And here you come along spouting memes just because the popular kids do it.

Cringe.
>>
>>27409872
>Pokemon I wouldn't normally take
Shit tastes, Senpai.
>>
>>27409955
Hey man, having Charizard and Alakazam wreck the entire time all the time gets boring.
>>
>>27409932
>Cringe

Cringe.
>>
>>27410012
>>Cringe
>Cringe.
Cringe.
>>
>>27409932

That same shit happened to me on /vr/ once. Except it was about Zelda. This faggot kid had to barge in and wave his finger at us for insulting his precious skyward sword, when nobody made any mention of the modern games at all.
>>
File: 2016-07-29 15.18.04.jpg (2MB, 1539x2286px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-29 15.18.04.jpg
2MB, 1539x2286px
Pretty sure the internal save battery is long dead.
Was thinking of firing it up since I can't find my silver cartridge but have no desire to play with one of the starters.
It would be nice to play the game properly instead of grinding out 6 100s and beating things to death with them.
>>
>>27409932
>combative
I wasn't being combative in anyway
>>
>>27410199
explain your combative poster then
>>
>>27410234
>combative
>just an image that lists some bugs in the original games

Not him, but you seem to be projecting there or something.
>>
>>27410301
>not him
>projecting
Why is this combo such a commonly used copout tactic?
>>
>>27409357
why is she running with just stumps for legs?
>>
>>27410328
Because when the guy you are arguing with "is not there" it triggers in you a "yay I won time to go away" thing in your head, all the while the other guy who is pretending to be someone else gets to get the last word in the matter giving himself the illusion that he won.
>>
>>27410143
My Pokemon Red is still going strong but my Gold and Silver's internal battery's died a while ago. This seems to be the trend from what I've heard though. Why does Red and Blue not fail as much as Gold and Silver?
>>
>>27410355
The night and day time cycle always drains the battery even when not on/in
>>
>>27410355
>>27410362
Fuck.
I think mines still good, it has a save that does not belong to me on it though.
Some bastards over written my shit in the last 16 years.
>>
>>27409357
>been trying to catch a tauros for the 151'rd pokemon for the past day or so
>get literally angry at a 20 year old video game
>google it
>oh shit island shore trick works
>nothing can run from my ass now
>30 minutes later
>A wild Tauros appeared!
>fuck yes!
>level 28
>have a level 29 pikachu and lots of items and ultraballs
>paralyze it
>whittle it down to 1/5th of its hp
>one.. more.. quick attack
>crit
>tauros died
guys.. I dunno anymore.

I just dont fucking cant even.
>>
>>27409357
>>27409512
kill yourself filthy genwunners
>>
File: 1467266528558.png (785KB, 680x1021px) Image search: [Google]
1467266528558.png
785KB, 680x1021px
>>27410336
>>
>see thread
>think of all the playthroughs I used with Pikachu from start to finish
>in the middle of red right now ready to take on post-lavender town fishers/birdcatchers/soon swimmers/etc
>buy a thunderstone
>feel kinda sick
>use it
>see it flashing
>cant stop thinking of all the cheeto jokes I seen on this board for the past year or so
>evolution finished
>knot in my stomach like I did something horribly wrong
>check stats
>damn near 25% increase across the board
>take Raichu out for a spin
>hes sweeping shit up with Thundershock one shot
>thunderbolt takes out evolved enemies as well
>feel a wave of refreshment wash over me
Autism feels good to get rid of.
>>
>>27409357
>Venusaur
>Fearow
>Jolteon
>Rhydon
>Poliwrath
>Hypno

I love how if my venusaur is low on health I just search around for a rock, ground, or water type and Mega Drain it thus I don't need as many potions. Also dat toxic immunity
>>
File: tumblr_m5dtpkDgMa1qbtlcco5_250.gif (336KB, 160x200px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m5dtpkDgMa1qbtlcco5_250.gif
336KB, 160x200px
>>27410530
>>
Im trying to get through a playthrough of Red without a HM whore and my picks of Strength seems.. weak or silly. Anyone have any ideas?

Current team:
>Blastoise(surf)
>Butterfree
>Hitmonlee
>Jolteon
>Farfetch'ed (cut, fly, and stronger than I thought holy shit Slash on this dude is amazing.)
>???
>>
>tfw end up playing soul silver because mah features instead of red or blue

How soon into blue and red can you catch a staryu?
>>
>>27410729
like 70% through the game I think, I know its after the Snorlaxs.. snorlaxses.. snorlaxi. the fat fucks blocking the road
>>
>>27410749
Fuck, I really wanted to do a play through with a specific team.

I think I'm going to have to use a rom hack to get an oddish and staryu at the start then.
>>
>>27410700
If you can stomach trying to catch one or glitch one: A fuckin Tauros. Extreme speed and attack, high defense. Slap Strength (STAB bonus), Earthquake, Blizzard and Double Team on him. And if you are glitching you might as well dupe PP Ups and Ethers.

Tauros is a literal beast.
>>
>>27410355
>tfw my Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, and Pokemon TCG are all dead

Sadness all around.
>>
>>27410918
special 5 dollar bit from amazon + soldering gun + few watch batteries and you are good to go
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.