[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck were they thinking?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: 124Jynx_AG_anime.png (44KB, 1000x724px) Image search: [Google]
124Jynx_AG_anime.png
44KB, 1000x724px
What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>27408918
One of the artists kept getting herpes from bimbos he fucked, hence the inspiration for jynx
>>
>>27408918
Mr. Popo was popular, so they made Mrs. Popo.
>>
>>27408918
C U T E
>>
>Not liking the girly Goliwog.
>>
>>27408918

>not posting the original

They turned her purple. She used to be black, which makes sense.
>>
>>27408918
i've always found it gaudy and unappealing, the purple helped a little though
>>
File: 3463268.png (1KB, 64x48px) Image search: [Google]
3463268.png
1KB, 64x48px
I like to think she's based on Yama-Uba even though that's quite a stretch, since you can't really fucking describe what Jynx is besides fat viking lady.

I personally don't get why they'd make a racist caricature a Pokemon. Seems more like the black face was supposed to be darkness according to her stadium model? Nothing in her dex entries ever fucking explains it. Also notice her model in XY actually gives her 2 red spikes on the sides of her dress.
>>
The real question is why did Electabuzz and Magmar get evos but Jynx didn't?
>>
the real question is who the fuck came up with her moveset

>attack - 50
>special attack - 115
>learns no special psychic moves
>no special stab but powder snow until level 60

come on gamefreak
>>
>all these retards judging japanese things from an american point of view without taking into account differences in cultures at all
just because the western world is getting cucked by blacks doesn't mean that everywhere is
basically they never had a bad history with black people because they never had a history with black people so when they saw black people they only saw them aesthetically with no other baggage
and for some reason they liked what they saw so a style developed around making yourself look more 'black' called ganguro. It wasn't considered racist there, it was more of an imitation is the greatest form of flattery thing. They thought black people were attractive.
Now mix this with the idea of the yuki-onna, bam you have jynx.
>>
>>27408918
Japanese do not have empathy
>>
>>27408918
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganguro
>>
>>27413395
>I personally don't get why they'd make a racist caricature a Pokemon.
Because it wasn't perceived as racist by the Japanese. That's why there's a lot of "blackface" characters in Japanese media. Japan didn't have a history of black slavery and racism, so that caricature had no negative connotation associated with it.
>>
I think the Japanese just didnt care. I mean can you blame em? There are no black in japan anyways. Plus they probably think blacks looks funny? Who wouldnt?
>>
>>27413680
What about Skadi?
>>
I always thought of Jynx as a viking before I learned of Yama-Uba and the gyauro culture in japland, so Jynx was always cool with me, but it is the one pokemon I have never used yet.
>>
File: 08_St._Nikolaas_bij_een_Snoeper.png (174KB, 400x593px) Image search: [Google]
08_St._Nikolaas_bij_een_Snoeper.png
174KB, 400x593px
Honestly I'm surpised Japan even knows about the Low Countries, let alone base a Pokemon on some random outdated folktale that tries to be downplayed these days
>>
File: skadi.jpg (28KB, 268x268px) Image search: [Google]
skadi.jpg
28KB, 268x268px
>>27413880
Skadi?
>>
File: KazumaKaneko-Skadi.jpg (236KB, 1372x2720px) Image search: [Google]
KazumaKaneko-Skadi.jpg
236KB, 1372x2720px
>>27413880
you're not wrong m8
>>
They need to make a Pokemon with bright yellow skin, slitty eyes, and buck teeth.
>>
>>27414036
Japan has a lot of Dutchaboos
>>
>>27413602
Lick lick!
>>
>ooga booga whr the whyt women @

wtf is wrong with gamefreak?
>>
>>27414304
Jynx is literally not able to be male.
>>
>>27414328
>Oooga Booga where the watermelon @
>>
>>27408918
They had no clue what to make out of an Ice/Psychic Type, so they created a racist bimbo to be Santa's waifu.
>>
File: NotGettingOutOfThisChair.jpg (13KB, 306x293px) Image search: [Google]
NotGettingOutOfThisChair.jpg
13KB, 306x293px
>>27414365
Stupid Anon, you made me look bad!
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.