[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one should I play

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: pokemon08.jpg (171KB, 783x440px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon08.jpg
171KB, 783x440px
I haven't played a Pokemon since gen 1. What's a good new one to play to get into it again?
>>
>>27406434
Leaf green/fire red then heart gold/soul silver.
>>
>>27406434
hgss or platinum
>>
>>27406434
HGSS would probably be a good pick to see how it's changed a little bit while still seeing mostly mons you know.
>>
Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire.
>>
>>27406434
HGSS for something familiar
Black/White if you want to be out of your comfort zone, that game has no previous gen Pokemon throughout the whole game so you can't fall back on ol' reliable Oddish or Gyarados.
Platinum for a mix of both
>>
>>27406434
You are X/Y's target demographic
>>
>>27406700
Where could I buy HGSS that isn't super expensive though.
>>
>>27406727
If you aren't opposed to emulators you can use Desmume.
>>
>>27406727
I've found roms and an emulator that lets me play HGSS on my tablet. I'd highly recommend either game but you may want to see which game has what pokemon and pick accordingly.

btw: To get the rom on a phone or tablet you'll have to download it on a computer then put it on your tablet and/or phone. It's quite easy but I thought I'd let you know about that extra step.
>>
>>27406434
If you do not mind the technological rollercoaster, this is what others have recommended to me:

Fire Red/Leaf Green (skip this if you want, remakes of the originals for moves/types/bug fixes/etc, same "story" as the originals but with the added fluff of the orange skippable islands)
HGSS
Emerald (Lots of folks dislike ORAS for various reasons, this one is up to you, ORAS is the current remake and such and will take getting used to when "downgrading" to the rest)
Platinum
White 1
Black 2 (semi continual storyline, many folks told me to "link up")
X n Y
Sun and Moon
>>
HeartGold or SoulSilver if you can get a pokewalker.
Emerald otherwise.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.