[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do you guys think of genwunners

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: HNI_0007_MPO.jpg (82KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0007_MPO.jpg
82KB, 640x480px
i use to hate genwunners until today.So today i went to my little cousins house. He is big into Yugioh and showed me his collection. most were newer cards and i thought they looked retared. The OG's are better i thought. then i realized this genwunner mentailty. i havent played yugioh in 10 years. i hated being a hypocrite. so I never realized its ok to only like pokemon from the era He or she played. Genwunners or normies arent bad they just cant adapt
>>
File: 1456336184222.jpg (48KB, 728x409px) Image search: [Google]
1456336184222.jpg
48KB, 728x409px
>>27406314
Why is Pokemon the only franchise were the fanbase actively hates the old school fans?
>>
>>27406352
there's a difference between "old school fans" and "fans who completely deny the new because it's new"
>>
Now you're learning, understanding
Finally you're becoming human

Joke aside, its different to the mentality I had when I disliked the new Pokemon after Silver. Not because I thought that really, but because I was a poorfag and I'd tell myself that to cope. Luckly B/W changed things for the better once I could buy my own shit
>>
>>27406352
I dont see wresling fans say attuide era is shit and say this era is best. Same with yugioh, DBZ, etc only pokemon fans dislike people who only like a certain era.
>>
>>27406376
thats a good reason. not being able to afford is better than losing intrest. do you find older mons better looking?
>>
>>27406437
transformers has a lot of genwunners
>>
>>27406529
I found some of them weird, yes, like some people find drampa now I guess. Don't get me wrong, I didn't dislike any design, but I couldn't pay them much attention, stuff like Clamperl and evos
>>
>>27406314
>The OG's are better i thought.
>Implying Stardust Dragon family doesnt run circles around BEWD, DM, and REBD
>>
Genwunner isn't really just about Gen 1.

No, a Genwunner is basically the pokemon interpretation of the insufferable 90's kids and posers who think they grew up in the 90's.
>>
File: image.jpg (116KB, 1280x1196px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116KB, 1280x1196px
>>27406352
I blame all the fucking shithead genwunners who probably only played the games when they were young to be cool. The type of people to talking about being a 90's kid.
They endlessly bash all other generations and refuse to remove nostalgia glasses. They totally refuse to play any other games and claim all new pokemon suck.
>>
File: OuterEntityNyarla-EP14-JP-R.png (295KB, 300x436px) Image search: [Google]
OuterEntityNyarla-EP14-JP-R.png
295KB, 300x436px
>>27406314
>newer cards
>retared
Oh come now OP you probably just didn't see anything you liked
>>
>>27407564
fuckkk your right i should start the anime again
>>
>>27406314

>I only like the older pokemon

You're not a genwunner

>The newer pokemon have no reason to exist, we only need the older ones

This is a genwunner
>>
>>27406314
Pendulum might be a bit much, and the Rank 4 toolbox pisses me off so much, but the newer cards normally have lore and work with each other instead of been a mash together like the originals were.
>>
>>27407267
>the new Pokemon are meh, like that trash Pokemon and the icecream one
ITS ALWAYS THE TRASH POKEMON AND THE ICECREAM POKEMON
>>
Because people hate on shit they know nothing about or they don't own the consoles to play them on and just hate because mob mentality
>>
I think actual genwunners: i.e "i only like gen 1 because it was muh childhood and everything else is shit because I don't know it" are fucking clueless morons and should stop invading Pokémon discussions with their objectively awful unfounded opinions and make their own circlejerks.
>>
Good, so you realized genwunner mentality is based on pure irrational feelings like nostalgia.

No one hates genwunners because they don't understand them, we all know why they are liek they are. We hate them because they insist on passing their opinions as objective facts with retarded shit like comparison memes between Pidgey and Pikipek and screaming MUUH CARTOONY UNREALISTIC DESIGNS, or the Facebook kind, the ones that spout retarded shit like "they should stop making new Pokémon and just make newer games with le cool graphix featuring only the original 150 hurrfdurr"
>>
File: 20160729_110017.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160729_110017.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>27406314
>i thought they looked retared
Say that to my face and not online and see what happens.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.