[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So far what's your opinion on Ash Greninja? That fucker

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 36

File: Can't be stop.gif (950KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
Can't be stop.gif
950KB, 400x225px
So far what's your opinion on Ash Greninja? That fucker is making Ash finally reach the Finals and win a League after almost 20 years.
>>
>>27399074
We had this same thread yesterday.

Everybody said they disliked it because of how it was implemented to the story.

You can heck off, now.
>>
>>27399092
>everybody
not me faggot

I personally like gekkouga because he provides good action and advances the plot further than in previous seasons where ash loses in the leagues
>>
Narutoad fucking sucks.
>>
>>27399074
I can't wait to see the massive amount of butthurt when Alain wins the league on a bullshit technicality.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrCwdH--4ec
>implying vid related won't happen again
>>
>>27399124
>gekkouga
Weeb pls leave.
>>
File: image.png (67KB, 449x1197px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
67KB, 449x1197px
>>27399124
>good action
>>
>>27399074
Post webms from today's episode.
>>
>>27399184
you can't deny it

XY is objectively the pinnacle of pokemon animation
>>
>>27399074
While it is a special snowflake ability, its a hype-generating machine, and its battles are always fun to watch. Plus, while I'm sure I'm in a minority here, I like the design.
>>
I don't watch the anime. So why does that greninja has a black face?
>>
>>27399247
The form is reached when Ash and Greninja are in sync, right down to their heart beat. During this he gains some of the appearance of Ash, such as the shirt design and hair + hat
>>
>>27399247
Greninja and Ash have some kind of synchronicity thing going that powers it up and lets them operate as one.

Its not as bad as it sounds and the fights its been involved in have been pretty good quality animation.
>>
>>27399074
I dont watch the show, but I like Greninja and the idea of him and Ash working well together, I just dont like the pokémon or the trainer mimicking each other. And I hope theres no 5th move bs

With that said, when Iku-Z starts everything is hype
>>
>>27399092

I don't really get this. Ash triggered a mega evolution in a Pokemon who doesn't have one. It's a testament to his skill and ability to bond with Pokemon. Of course it's inherently strong since he triggers it without the energy of a mega stone, purely through inner strength. The downside is the shared pain but Ash tolerating it demonstrates his strength and conviction.

Ash-Greninja isn't just freebie plot armor, it's a physical manifestation of Ash's power level, which is where it should be after all the shit he's been through. It could have used some more build up prior to Olympia, but really it's just a mega form that takes more work.
>>
>>27399215
Too bad all the fight scenes are shit. I'm not denying the animation boosts, it's just that every single Ash-Greninja fight is boring as hell.
>>
>>27399288
Why hasn't ash triggered pikachus?
>>
>>27399306
Because Pikachu is NFE
>>
>>27399306
Because pikachu hasn't evolved and can't tap into its full power.

I don't know I'm just making things up
>>
>>27399155

>Can't wait for Alain to win fair and square

FTFY
>>
We don't know that yet

Ash isn't winning the league
>>
>>27399333
Trips confirm
>>
You know what? I'm going to come out and say it.

I just hate that it looks like him.

Like I imagine an alternate universe where his Greninja suddenly mega evolves instead. Nobody's ever seen his mega evolution before, he didn't need a stone, and sure let's say that's still a result of their bond. I think I could swallow that. But his Greninja transforming to look like him, on top of how ass blastingly overpowered it is, is just too much bullshit to swallow all at once.

There are bits and pieces of the synchro shit that I can handle, but not all at the same time.
>>
>>27399288
>Ash-Greninja isn't just freebie plot armor
Except it kinda is. They gave him this anime-only super mode out of nowhere, with the backstory of it being some sort of supe chosen one form that only one person gets ever 3000 years or whatever. It turned his relationship with Froakie from one built upon his positive attitude and desire to improve everybody rubbing off on a disobedient frog with high standards, to being a generic "weapon chooses the user" type deal that's only in place because Ash is the protagonist.

If they really wanted to show off his prowess at being a trainer in the XY arc, they could have either had him manage to befriend a legendary through effort and determination, or bring back a mon he had bonded with before (Charizard, Heracross, Sceptile, or Glalie) and have him master Mega Evolution of that.

Ash-Greninja is really a cheap way to give him a boost/reason to win the Kalos league. It reeks of bad writing, because it seems like the writers couldn't find a way to make him win outside of this plot bullshit.
>>
File: 1419652977909.gif (2MB, 359x180px) Image search: [Google]
1419652977909.gif
2MB, 359x180px
>>27399306

Pikachu isn't fully evolved. Sycamore specifically talked about this.

However Ash does give Pikachu power, they demonstrated this in the same episode that he mastered synchro.
>>
>>27399306
Pikachu isn't even at his final evolution stage.
>>
>>27399074
It's bullshit.

How come other people haven't tapped into it?

Does every other pokemon hate their trainer
>>
>>27399370
>Implying he will win
>>
>>27399306
Why can't Krillen turn into a Super Saiyan? He saw Goku dying a few times already.
>>
>>27399380
Someone's gotta be the first, why not Ash?
>>
File: 1466086542311.gif (2MB, 250x141px) Image search: [Google]
1466086542311.gif
2MB, 250x141px
>>27399092
>heck off
>>
>>27399370
>Ash-Greninja is really a cheap way to give him a boost/reason to win the Kalos league

This is wrong.

It's to sell toys.
>>
>>27399370
>anime-only

For now...
>>
>>27399306
Because pikachu is a lazy fuck
>>
>>27399370

High standards and weapon chooses user goes hand in hand. Froakie descended from the hero Greninja and intuitively sought a trainer who synchs with him. Then the synch became literal, but that's completely in line with the mega evolution setting.

Ash befriends legendaries like it's going out of style. And the whole point is that synchro requires MORE effort than mega evolution, which is made easier through the stones. If he can master synchro it's a given that he can handle conventional mega evolution.
>>
It's fucking awesome and we even got a Serena blushing moment so i'm hyped as fuck for the rest of the series.
>>
>>27399074
Even if he did lose, at least he lost to a character that's we saw around the beginning instead of a douche we will never see again like Cameron.
>>
>>27399472
He hasn't lost yet
>>
>>27399074

Obviously a marketing tool to sell as many Greninja toys and attract kids because it's the most popular Pokemon out right now.

Fucker has beautiful battles though.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwRclygO38M
>>
Alain is going to Tobias the fuck outta him
>>
>>27399442
>Then the synch became literal, but that's completely in line with the mega evolution setting.

Even though it has literally zero precedence.
>>
File: 1469714034333.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1469714034333.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>
https://my.mixtape.moe/zkjlux.webm

FUCKING LADS
>>
Eh, I'd probably feel worse about this massive forced advertisement for Gen 7's Synchro evolutions if the anime wasn't just an advert for the games anyway.
>>
Broken and OP as fuck. I hope that Alan and the traditional mega evolution Charizard defeats him.
>>
>>27399643
Same here
>>
>>27399643
>traditional mega evolution Charizard

Not a phrase I ever expected to hear especially on /vp/

I hope Ash gets the win, it'd be hard to see him gets the rug pulled out from underneath him yet again this close to the goal. And honestly Alain's Charizard is just as bad when it comes to being overpowered, its swept whole teams by itself.
>>
File: 1365385465199.jpg (451KB, 893x815px) Image search: [Google]
1365385465199.jpg
451KB, 893x815px
>>27399627
Beautiful
>>
File: synchro move.png (979KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
synchro move.png
979KB, 1280x720px
>>27399643
Frog fucker will absorb blast burn
>>
>>27399074
I dont thinl he'll win. Team flare will interrupt their match and shit will go down. This is Tobias all over again...
>>
>>27399706
He deserves the rug to be pulled out from underneath him when he rely's on Greninja
>>
>>27399074
he won't win
its a tradition that he will lose
>>
>>27399730
Well, at least Alain had build up, so worst come to worst it still shouldn't be as bad as Tobias coming out of nowhere for no reason.
>>
>>27399730
Exactly, this is what I'm thinking. The climax of the Team Flare arc is the episode right after. Going from Ash victory to finishing off Team Flare doesn't make sense to me. An interruption to the match is an excellent segue.

>>27399706
I don't. I hope that Ash doesn't win. He's relying too much on a single Pokemon, and didn't bring back any of the other Pokemon from regions past.

>>27399745
Yup. The formula that Ash doesn't win and resets with the new region has worked for the past almost twenty years. Literally no reason to mix it up and deviate from what has worked.
>>
>>27399761
True
>>
>>27399741
Ahh come on, he's still using his full team, its normally just Ashninja taking out one or two of the opposing team. Alain has been sweeping 3 - 5 pokemon with Charizard X, how is that not worse?
>>
>>27399777
Doesn't matter. Ash <<<<<<<<<< Alan.
>>
>>27399741
He's already gone through the whole "you're relying on greninja too much" arc.
>>
>>27399792
Well, I'm hoping he's going to win it for once

I know he probably won't though
>>
I wouldn't be ok with if it wasn't for the fact that megas are allowed in the tournament
I mean it would be more of an asspull for Ash to win against Edgezard without some special thing
>>
>>27399803
Good job on you. Realizing that Ash cannot win leagues despite what hype that the studio is pushing out and the masses are falling for.
>>
I love it, you can't really please everybody.

Ash losses, complain about never winning
Ash wins, complain about asspulls and gary stu
>>
>>27399821
Ash losing is more believable and accepted. The complaints about Ash losing will disappear in a couple weeks. The complains about Ash winning will last months, if not longer.

That and many other reasons are why Ash losing >>>>>> Ash winning.
>>
>>27399074
I like it. Design took a while for me to get used to though.
I think Ash deserves to be rewarded with something special after all he's been through in the anime, something like Ash Greninja seems fitting in my opinion especially since he's the protag.
>>
>>27399849
Nah, they weigh the same.
>>
>>27399821
the thing is
what there to do after he wins?
the elite 4?
they never made the goal about being a pokemon master clear and i doubt the will ever make
its too much of a hassle pushing out new content instead of following the usual formula thats why he won't ever win
>>
>>27399849
>The complains about Ash winning will last months, if not longer

Who the fuck would actually complain about Ash winning? Just because people expect the status quo doesn't mean they want it.
>>
>>27399598
god dammit, sceptile gets no love
>>
>>27399892
Hey, Ash's Sceptile got to take down a Darkrai, that's not too bad
>>
>>27399888
People shall complain because the show deviated from what has worked for two decades and is going down uncharted waters.
>>
>>27399908
>>27399892
He really should have beaten Gary Stu with his 4x type advantage
>>
>>27399914
I can guarantee you, in the admittedly unlikely scenario where Ash wins, complaints will be in the minority. It'd also probably cause a spike in viewing to see where they'd go from there. Where it'd go from there is another story, but lets not kid ourselves that you or I know how that would play out.
>>
>>27399920
Yeah, there was a not to not like in that
>>
>>27399943
>I can guarantee you

>but lets not kid ourselves that you or I know how that would play out.

Nice contradicting yourself friendo
>>
>>27399333
Mega Charizard and Ashninja are going to faint at the same time, but Ash is going to faint along with Greninja so it'll count as a win for Alain.

Ash is going to be robbed harder than the Tobias battle.
>>
>>27399965
Well it would still technically be a draw, nothing would be robbed. Rules are rules
>>
File: big shuriken.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
big shuriken.png
2MB, 1280x720px
That's a big shuriken
>>
>>27399965
That would be the best way for Ash to lose. I've accepted that the show cannot deliver an Ash victory.
>>
>>27399962
Try again man, I'm saying the initial win would be well received. What they'd do for the next season, and whether it'd be good I cannot say and neither can you.
>>
>>27399406
>there will never be an arc where Krillin wishes the humans could get zenkai, then proceed to powerboost everyone up to Goku's level, with Yamcha still being a jobber

Dragonball should just be renamed "Goku's adventure"
>>
>>27399999
>>27399999

pack it up people. Thread's over
>>
>>27399074
I hate it. I think it would have been better if the writers made Ash find a Mega Stone instead of giving him a Special Snowflake Greninja. Truth is, even if Ash wins the League ot won't feel fair
>>
>>27400029
YES YES YES

LORD KEK WILL STRIKE AGAIN
>>
That if this crap is incorporated into the games I might just drop them.
>>
>>27399074
It's shit tbqhwm familiarity

Ash's most bonded-with Pokemon is SUPPOSED to be Pikachu. Not just because he's his starter, but also because he's traveled through SIX REGIONS with him. And suddenly, he's getting cucked by a fucking frog that, compared to Pikachu, is a fucking passing acquaintance.

We should be seeing an "Ash Pikachu" carrying Ash through the league, not Greninja. Barring that, he should evolve into Raichu and get us a Mega Raichu.

Barring even that, Ash should've gotten his charizard a mega stone.

Ash Greninja's fine design wise, and I'm fine with it being a not-Mega Evolution, but the way it was implemented into the story is fucking stupid. Then again, these ARE the same people who made Ash ten again after having a confirmed eleventh birthday in the Pikachu and Pichu movie short.
>>
File: swirly eyes.png (504KB, 728x438px) Image search: [Google]
swirly eyes.png
504KB, 728x438px
>>27399627
This needs to stop.
>>
>>27400114
see
>>27399371

Not saying its perfect, but there is a rationale behind it
>>
>>27399367
>I just hate that it looks like him.

This. I'd be fine if with it if not for this.
>>
>>27400114
tbqhwm
wut
>>
>>27400114
Pikachu is being punished for being NFE and remaining a defiant bastard. He can not reach a full synchro status until he becomes a Raichu and starts listening and being one with Ash
>>
>>27399821
You can make Ash win without making him some overpowered frog-jesus. It's just that the writers are hacks and don't know how to do something that won't sell them toys.

Really, only little Japanese kids and people in the anime discussion thehas fall for this shit.
>>
>>27400164
>>27400114

In all honesty Ash's Pikachu shouldn't evolve into a Raichu it should evolve into a type that matches legendaries.
>>
>>27400164
>if Pikachu had just agreed to evolve way back when they fought Surge they could have been at this power level long ago

How many regions would Ash be champion of by now?
>>
File: hey wait hol up.png (165KB, 520x400px) Image search: [Google]
hey wait hol up.png
165KB, 520x400px
>>27400132
>>27400164
Which means Pikachu now has a PERFECTLY GOOD REASON to get a thunder stone- to further his bond with Ash.

I'm not saying that Ash should force the thunderstone on Pikachu, because both the Lt Surge episode and Pika and Goliath have stated perfectly well that forcing evolution is a no-no, but we now have a clear reason for Pikachu to do it himself. The yellow rodent should suck it up and use the stone so we can get an Ash Raichu.

>>27400188
If he evolves to Raichu I gurantee you that Raichu will get some love, with at the very least a Synchro evo.
>>
>>27400187
>It's just that the writers are hacks and don't know how to do something that won't sell them toys.

Well, I'm pretty sure its there job to sell toys

>>27400187
>Really, only little Japanese kids and people in the anime discussion thehas fall for this shit.

Fall for what?
>>
>>27400187
>It's just that the writers are hacks and don't know how to do something that won't sell them toys.

They're doing exactly their job. Appealing to little kids and selling toys. Pokemon was never a serious anime with a good story.
>>
>>27399442
Ash befriends legendaries in the movies in order to sell a product. In this case, event legendary merchandise and movie tickets. Ash-Greninja is really no different, and only exists to build hype for small children to buy Greninja figures and whatnot.

If thy really cared about making Ash better, they would have him either legitimately befriend and capture a legendary for the sake of showing his growth and attachment to Pokemon (NOT to sell shit), or they would bring back one of his Mega-capable partners from a past season.
>>
File: 1459394332920.jpg (16KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1459394332920.jpg
16KB, 500x281px
>tfw Raichu will never get love
Fuck Pikachu
>>
>>27400210
>I'm not saying that Ash should force the thunderstone on Pikachu, because both the Lt Surge episode and Pika and Goliath have stated perfectly well that forcing evolution is a no-no, but we now have a clear reason for Pikachu to do it himself. The yellow rodent should suck it up and use the stone so we can get an Ash Raichu.

Sure, you're not wrong. But it wont happen, because of marketing.

And given that, Ash is going to have to bond with SOME new pokemon to showcase the new mechanic, it just happened to Greninja.
>>
>>27400241
Sure it can happen because of marketing. Perfect opportunity to sell a ton of Raichu merch.
>>
>>27400223
Yes, but certain fags in the containment threads would have you know otherwise, and are usually the ones defending SynchroFrog as a good story arc idea.
>>
>>27400210
Let's be honest after all these seasons, and leagues do you think it would be much more interesting if pikachu actually evolved into something other then a Raichu now?

It's shown that this pikachu is special, and will maybe also show that it may evolve someday into something very strong.
>>
>>27400231
shitmon
>>
>>27400256
Different anon here, I wouldn't call synchro frog a GOOD story arc but I wouldnt call any of the pokemon anime arcs quality story telling. But at its best it can be light shoneny fun, and synchro frog is that. Nothing wrong with that, its just some simple fun action stuff to sell toys and games.

>>27400250
Nah, Pikachu has a lock on merch. Raichu isn't going to happen.
>>
>>27399861
>>what there to do after he wins?
>Ash wins the league, but declares that he still isn't strong enough and goes to Alola to train more
>Ash decides that he doesn't want to be known for being the champion of a Pokemon League funded by a criminal organization, so he heads to Alola to take on a properly funded League
>Ash wins the league and is crowned a title other than Pokemon Master, so he stupidly rushes to Alola with the assumption that their League will crown him a Pokemon Master if he wins

But no, let's just have Ash lose again so we don't have to think up an interesting original segue into the next region.
>>
>>27399888

People wouldn't whine about Ash winning. They'd complain about winning by relying on the same crutch over and over again. The cliche "protagonist is granted a power unavailable to anyone else" almost always affects a show negatively, they end up boring and monotone when almost 100% of them overdo this: in every single challenge to the MC, bring in the "secret weapon" to turn things around. And even the development (Ash learning to control the synchro) can't counter this. This is definitely not the same as Alain's Charizard, for instance.
>>
File: raisad.png (216KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
raisad.png
216KB, 900x600px
>>27400266
Oh, yes, make Raichu even worse and more overlooked. Make people hate it.
>>
>>27399074
Ash-Greninja is literally nothing but a Deus Ex Machina that only made Ash get to the finals because the plot allowed him to.
>>
>>27400319
Raichu will always be the best in my heart
>>
Just going along with this "winning the league" conversation---

I feel like the Pokemon anime would be much more interesting with new protagonists based on the game characters each season, instead of Ash.

If they wanted to shoehorn Pikachu in there, they could have made it so that he just shows up and travels with the new trainers on their journeys, leaving at the end each time. Doesn't need much explanation. He completes one journey with a trainer and then leaves for the next.

Makes the viewers closer to Pikachu, as he's the one consistent character, and allows for better advertising of the games through each new protag. Plus a wider variety of Pokemon caught, since the new trainers can catch a bunch of Pokemon without it weighing down the series as a whole.
>>
>Ash wins
>he and Pikachu are no longer the mascots for the series
>Pikachu can finally evolve
>>
>>27400416
>Pikachu
>no longer the mascot
>ever

He's Mickey Mouse-tier. There's no way.
>>
File: lol.png (443KB, 639x326px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
443KB, 639x326px
>>27399627
lol what type of throw was that
>>
File: Ash's Pokemon Rankings.png (88KB, 809x1035px) Image search: [Google]
Ash's Pokemon Rankings.png
88KB, 809x1035px
I haven't watched the anime since the beginning of Kalos, but here's what I had at the time.
>>
>>27400573
>Ash released his Primeape without ever using it in battle
>>
>>27400573
>Did Leavanny not do that well in battles?
>>
>>27400573
Switch Snivy and Leavenny desu
>>
>>27399074
I don't really like it to be honest. I'll admit a big part of it is salt from how Ash didn't bring back an older Pokemon to Mega with, but even besides that it feels like an asspull, and Ash relies on it too much.
>>
>>27400573
Fuck you Muk is top-tier threat, nothing else in that pic could defeat a bellsprout.
>>
>>27399370
>anime only
when are you guys gonna learn to not do this
>>
>>27400856
not your ordinary bellsprout either. it was in the top percentage of bellsprouts. it made it too the pokemon league.
>>
Overpowered asspull frog is all I think when I see that thing

Forced down our throats so we shall buy its toys
>>
>>27400811
>Ash relies on it too much

They had a whole thing about him learning not to do that, and now it mostly takes on opposing megas
>>
What baffles me is why didn't they made use of cosplays for pikachu if they wanted to force a new forme power
>>
Is Ash not using any of his old pokemons? If Yes, why?
>>
>>27399261
>right down to their heart beat
Holy shit I know it's just a Chinese Cartoon, but the mental image of someone, basically a coach, rev'ing up to the same BPM of an world-class professional athlete is hilarious to me
>>
>>27400930
>Is Ash not using any of his old pokemons?

Nope, Kalos caught pokemon only, and Pikachu naturally
>>
>>27400930
he says he considered it but said he wants to finish it with his kalos team.
>>
>>27399074
Thats not because Greninja is strong, thats because the creators of the anime want Ash in the finals.
>>
>>27400573

didn't ashes kingler go ham? If anything if we don't consider the fact that he basically never brought it back it carried him through the indigo league
>>
>>27400319

They should just be done with it and retcon Raichu as the Electric/Fairy evolution of Dedenne.
>>
File: prom night.gif (489KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
prom night.gif
489KB, 500x375px
>>27400573

>Kingler not at least in Pretty Cool Guy Tier.
>>
>>27401733
>filename
Pretty good
>>
File: Ash's Pokemon 3.png (877KB, 1280x398px) Image search: [Google]
Ash's Pokemon 3.png
877KB, 1280x398px
>>27400638

He technically still owns it.
>>
>>27400811

>I'll admit a big part of it is salt from how Ash didn't bring back an older Pokemon to Mega with

I'm really glad we didn't wind up getting a fucking Mega Charizard Y versus Mega Charizard X fight, because you know if not for Greninja it would have been the next most popular candidate.
>>
Ash's Sceptile vs Sawyer's Sceptile
>>
>>27400573
>infernape wrecked the shit out of paul
>sceptile managed to help take down darkrai
>not in prepare your anus tier
>>
It's just shounen shit at this point, doesn't even feel like im watching a pokemon battle.
>>
>>27400573
Honestly, I'd just combine the top two tiers.
>>
>>27399987
4u
>>
>>27400114
Eh, its the japs being nationalistic again by showing the wonders of ninjas in famous and popular France region
>>
>>27401747
no he doesn't
that was just a mistake
>>
>>27401807
>>27401799
I agree with Infernape going up, but Sceptile was a jobber half the time with only a few really good showings. While I can't see Shota's Sceptile beating Darkrai, 7/10 I can see it beating Ash's.
>>
>>27401747
How does Oak keep Ash's Muk there without his lawn turning into a rotten bog?
>>
>>27399293
>he didn't see today's episode
>he didn't see vs. Mega Abomasnow
>he didn't see vs. Mega Gardevoir
>he didn't see either Alain battle
Um?
>>
>Ash wins the league
>Ash decides it's time to hang up his hat, he did it, he became a Pokemon master
>Timeskip
>SuMo anime starts
>A kid runs out the door to the lab to get his first Pokemon
>His father yells out "You forgot your hat!"
>Ash tosses his signature hat to his son
>We see Pikachu fully evolved into Raichu/wearing a fake grey beard
>Mom isn't shown so as not to upset shipper fags
This is my dream, but I know it will never happen.
>>
>>27401992
>Mom isn't shown so as not to upset shipper fags
>Implying they wouldn't argue about it based on the kid's looks
>>
At least if ash loses to alain, they adequately built alain so it won't be painful to watch.

>people think darkrai sue is worse than the fucking riolu sweep
>>
>>27401988
Not him, but a lot of fight scenes in the anime, despite looking much nicer, still suffer from the same "GEKKOUGA MIZUSHURIKEN DODGE IT NOW USE AN EXTREMELY TELEGRAPHED ATTACK FROM A LONG DISTANCE AND GET COUNTERED" that's been there since the start. There are standouts of course, like the Wulfric and Olympia battles, but most battles aren't fun or exciting to watch in a strategic sense.
>>
>>27399763
>He's relying too much on a single Pokemon

Same with Alan. Your point?
>>
File: ntn6y9HNCb1r0yldj_540.jpg (45KB, 540x551px) Image search: [Google]
ntn6y9HNCb1r0yldj_540.jpg
45KB, 540x551px
>>27401992
sounds cute
>>
>>27402049
Don't forget "STAND THERE LIKE AN IDIOT AND TAKE SAID TELEGRAPHED ATTACK WHEN YOU HAD PLENTY OF TIME TO REACT TO IT".
>>
>>27399811
You're gonna get upset if Ash DOES end up winning?

>Ash is not supposed to win!!!!! This is bullshit!!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>27401992
>Pikachu fully evolved
That never going to happen
>>
>>27399074
Pfft, call me back in 4 years when you start thinking "he might actually win this one guys!!" (he never will)
>>
File: pikachu.jpg (23KB, 492x370px) Image search: [Google]
pikachu.jpg
23KB, 492x370px
>Tfw you travel with never aging 10 year old shit kid for 20 years and he feels more attached to a shitty Naruto frog than you
>>
>>27402086
If Ash wins then anime is over, they won't do this. You're delusional.
>>
>>27402130
Why would it be over if he won? He won in Orange and it didn't end.
>>
>>27401992
>SuMo

Kill yourself
>>
>>27402130

Only according to retarded logic they stated 10 years ago that I hope they would have overcome by now. They literally just need to have ash say "I won't feel like a pokemon master until I've seen every pokemon!" and probably do it with silhouettes of Sun/Moon pokemon scrolling by to build hype for the next season.

Or they could just get a new protag, but they probably never will because Pikachu
>>
>>27402113
>Tfw you travel with never aging 10 year old shit kid for 20 years and he feels more attached to a shitty Goku monkey than you
>>
>>27402170

SuMo
>>
>>27402130
Why do you guys always use this """argument"""? The anime never explain what a Pokemon Master really is, so Ash can win a league and still continue on his journey. He did it in the Orange Islands.
>>
>>27402190
>SuMo

Kill yourself
>>
>>27400224

You're just regurgitating what you said without addressing my rebuttal. Ash isn't going to capture legendaries because it's not his style. He could have easily captured Zapdos in XYZ17 but didn't. It has nothing to do with his skill level.

And again ash-greninja shows more skill than a standard mega. It doesn't take any skill to just swap in Charizard and put a mega stone on him.
>>
>>27400224

>this is showing his skill level while this is just marketing because I say so
>>
>>27399627
Glorious
>>
>>27402154
>>27402196
>Orange islands
Literally irrelevant, might as well say Battle Frontier.
>>27402176
They could have done this in the past seasons too. Prepare to say byebye to Serena next time Ash goes to new region saying something like
"Love will only get in way of me becoming the Pokemon master so for now I want to focus on training."
>>
>>27399920

>>27402087

The kid can have his own Pikachu
>>
>>27402247
Okay Orange islands aside, the point still stands.

Ash winning a real league =/= End of the anime or at least Ash's adventure
>>
Can't wait for Alain to show off his team of Ultra Powerful mons and BTFO Ash with them.
>>
>>27400528
Some backhand? It look fabulous as fuck.
>>
>>27400114
They made it greninja, the passing acquaintance, quite simply BECAUSE greninja will be gone after this season. If it was pikachu/raichu he was kicking ass with, what would they do next season? Get rid of pikachu since hes too strong for ash to progress through the region like he always has (ie getting his ass kicked)? Keep pikachu and watch as ash wipes out everyone? Come up with some asspull to make pikachu/raichu back to normal and weaker again?

At least this way, they can just drop greninja and have a fresh start.
>>
>>27401933

Proof?
>>
>>27402437

There was no episode where he got it back. Also BW was a shitshow so mistakes are expected.
>>
>>27399741
He hasn't relied on Greninja. For example, Hawlucha beat the Mega Absol. Ash also still had Pikachu left before Greninja had to take out Sawyer's OP Sceptile. If anything, Greninja has just served as a counter to all the OP Megas Ash has been thrown against.
>>
>>27400119
I forgot how retarded a fainted Sceptile looks.
>>
>>27401933
>>27402569
That OP had a lot of mistakes when it first aired, and they corrected it after a few episodes. Primeape wasn't one of them.

Similarly, it also appeared together with Ash's other Pokémon during the Battle Frontier's OP, but unlike Lapras, Pidgeot, Butterfree (the pokémon Ash officially released) and Larvitar (one he didn't even catch), it didn't get a special scene during the video.

Are you going to call the BF saga a shitshow as well just to justify your argument?
>>
>>27399288
>he gives a mega to a Pokémon that doesn't have one without a mega stone

just stop
>>
>>27401992
>>Ash wins the league
>>Ash decides it's time to hang up his hat, he did it, he became a Pokemon master

Winning the league doesn't make you a Pokémon Master numbnuts.
>>
>>27402276

This. Pikachu isn't exactly a rare pokemon.
>>
>>27399306
Pikachu doesn't want to evolve and has decided to purposely not reach its potential.
>>
>>27399270
Synchro moves were in the last trailer buddy.
>>
It devalues his relationship with his other mobs by making their bond visual.
>>
>>27399074
i dislike it because it's treading a little to close to burst and fusions, and that would cause me to kill myself.
>>
>>27399406
No it's because Krillin isn't a saiyan you fucking idiot.
>>
>>27402176
>Only according to retarded logic they stated 10 years ago that I hope they would have overcome by now.
They never said it in the first place, it's a misquote. They said Ash wouldn't become Pokemon Master any time soon because then the series would end, they never said anything about winning leagues. It's just retards that think winning a league makes you a Pokemon Master that misquote it because "it means the same anyway"
>>
>>27402660
>Primeape wasn't one of them.
Then why doesnt it appear in the photo with Ash and all his Pokemon?
>>
File: 1469430072385.jpg (317KB, 609x835px) Image search: [Google]
1469430072385.jpg
317KB, 609x835px
Why don't they just make Pikachu revert back to Pikachu as a side effect of mega evolution from a Raichu state?

>Pikachu chooses to evolve himself finally
>big ratings spike
>Pika-rai-chu goes up against really strong opponent and must synchro-evolve
>Synchro-Pika-Mega-Rai-chu uses too much energy
>devolves back to series mascot Pikachu after fight because he used too much energy

Everyone is happy
>>
>>27402784
Exactly. Pikachu isn't Greninja either.
>>
>>27403016
For the same reason Squirtle doesn't. They were somewhere else doing their thing instead of being at Oak's like everyone else.
>>
File: 1469732810614.jpg (44KB, 593x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469732810614.jpg
44KB, 593x720px
>>27402179
>>Tfw you travel with never aging 10 year old shit kid for 20 years and he feels more attached to a shitty winged lizard than you
>>
>>27399074

I don't understand how people can be mad at this thing... it gave us action like we never had before in this show... this epicness is just... beautiful ;( I only wish scenario was more mature
>>
>>27403325
>... this epicness is just... beautiful ;(
>I don't understand how people can be mad at this thing
Probably because not all of us are 12.
>>
Are 20 years from Pokémon, Satoshi wins the Kalos League and Kalos Champion, because Satoshi makes the promise to his girlfriend Serena, his mother Delia, his friends, Diantha, Pokémon and everyone. He is going to give the first step to become a Pokémon Master.
>>
>>27403489
Pikachu will defeat Mega Gardevoir. His training to counter ball-moves will pay off since all of Diantha's Garde's moves are balls.
>>
>>27399627
This shit doesn't make any sense, fagninja is made of glass, one leaf storm would one shot it, this shit is terrible.
>>
>>27403720
Just accept Chestnaught is shit. I mean come on, Gen VII is about to start.
>>
>>27402047
Alain didnt have any interest in the league though, He only wanted to fight ash, Someone who didnt give A SHIT about the league winning it would piss me off. Its like being the best gamer in your country when you've been a bounty hunter all this time
>>
>>27399472
This series was good for that. There were a ton of characters and rivals introduced throughout the series that have given ash trouble and are contenders for the league, so ash beating them is great. Imagine how satisfied you were with ash beating Gary or Paul in previous seasons, but he's got four of those and we've all had development with all four of them
>>
>>27399706
>its swept whole teams by itself.
We saw Tobias do the same thing and ash got wrecked hard

Man at least ash made it to top two uncontested, he probably would have made top two in sinnoh if Tobias were seeded better
>>
>>27399761
The worst isn't that Tobias came out of nowhere, but that after his powerhouse ash thought he could handle anything, and in comes tobias with his second legendary. What did he have after that, a Zapdos? Fuck that noise.
>>
>>27399627
this is sexy as fuck, is only XY animated this good? Haven't watched the anime before
>>
>>27399763
>He's relying too much on a single Pokemon,
That's false though. Sure greninja is his obvious ace in the hole, but from the beginning of his quarterfinal match episode he beat another mega with just his Hawlucha, so he's putting his other guys to work
>>
>>27404711
Yeah, the animation budget got tripled or so around the start of XY
>>
File: Raping.jpg (120KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Raping.jpg
120KB, 1024x768px
>>27401942
In the same way that a slugma don't burn Treecko to death.
>>
File: nyohoho.png (79KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
nyohoho.png
79KB, 300x200px
>>27400528
Gyro.
>>
File: Satoshi, Alain and Paul.jpg (3MB, 5464x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Satoshi, Alain and Paul.jpg
3MB, 5464x1536px
>>27399155
>>27402047
Satoshi wins Kalos League and champion because he's a good-hearted guy who has fought hard to come true his dream along with Pokémon and People demonstrating their concern and support forever to him. Clemont, Bonnie, Tierno, Trevor, Shauna, Sycamore, Diantha, Delia, May, Dawn, Misty, Iris, Brock, Cilan, friends and the person who loves in Satoshi's life: Serena.
Alan will be a finalist because you need to be more considerate of those around them, care about him and more things, same case that Paul.
>>
>>27399092
Except this isn't true.

You can fuck off, now. Autistic little children belong on reddit and gamefaq.
>>
>>27399074
Its shit. only 12 year olds think different
>>
>>27401733
>Doesn't show when the shell cracks.
This needs to be corrected.

Also am I the only guy that liked it better when every move wasn't made out of glowing energy? I mean when you tell kingler to use crab hammer I expect him to whack you with his giant claw. Not have it glow blue.
>>
>>27402049
>>27402080
nigga this shit is common in many fight scenes, the interpretation is basically slowed down to audience but what happens is actually fast within context
>>
>>27399627
>you could interpret this as Ash and Pikachu fighting
>>
Anyone feel the powercreep in general is getting to be a bit much? A character who only very recently started his journey has managed to secure a fully evolved pseudo, other powerful fully evolved Pokemon, and a Mega on par with some of Ash's stronger Pokemon. And Ash will have to fight and beat an Elite 4 level Pokemon who beat 50% Zygarde by itself in a few episodes. Compared to just a few regions ago in Hoenn, it feels like they're going to have to just keep escalating, and it really makes every other "powerful" trainer previously shown seem a lot weaker.
>>
It's just stupid that it overshadowed the rest of his Pokemon.

Like, in Sinnoh, Ash's Infernape was his strongest Pokemon-- But it didn't take away from his other strong mons just because Infernape rapes everything.

Ready for a disappointing final loss for Ash next.
>>
>>27407137
>I like to spout bullshit

>>27407135
that's just pretty common in a battle series
>>
>>27407135

That's logical though? If Ash only fought the same power of trainers, he couldn't get stronger, and we'd have the same shit in D/P where he gets obliterated by some OP Legendary-having faggot.
>>
>>27407151

>spout bullshit

wut. Did you even watch the battle? Hawlucha throws out tons of SE attacks on a Slaking and does 0 damage to it. There's no logic there.

Don't even get me started on Goodra vs. Slurpuff, who only used Flamethrower the entire time...
>>
>>27407172
Not him, but it literally used Dazzling Gleam, Icy Wind, and it's heightened sense of smell too. Did you even watch the episode?
>>
>>27407172
For Hawlucha, do you not know wrestling rules? The guy who shows up with flashy looks always ends up losing. Also by wrestling rules, this means he will win his Weavile fight. And if you ask me, I'd rather have his win from Alain's mon than Shota.

Really the only bad fight is Goodra vs Slurpuff, and it's mostly because Goodra's options are limited, and both of them are beam fighting.
>>
>>27407200
I'm a bit disappointed Goodra hasn't learned any new moves. Or it may have learned a dragon move it can use against Alain but couldn't against a fairy type, we'll see in a few weeks.

>>27407135
I feel like it'd be interesting if they showed other characters actively improving as Ash is instead of giving everyone a Mega, but no idea how to implement that.

Why was Chronicles killed off again?
>>
>>27407231
Goodra's moveset is Dragon Pulse, Ice Beam, Bide and Rain Dance

Chronicles (the special OVA) didn't really gained interest in Japan it seems
>>
>>27407259
Note that it didn't use two of those in the match, I'm saying there's still the possibility of it knowing a new move.

Did they start enforcing the 4 move thing in BW or XY? I'm wondering if Ash's Charizard would still have Steel Wing and Overheat considering it was implied it had to work hard to learn them.
>>
>>27407293
it didn't really need rain dance back then I guess, and dragon pulse is a no-no, the match was really against him that I'm surprised it ended with a draw

the 4 move thing was around Johto I think?
>>
>>27407293

There was no reason at all for it to use those two moves. Maybe if Slurpuff applied status but it didn't.
>>
File: putin hugs lillie.png (1MB, 1200x826px) Image search: [Google]
putin hugs lillie.png
1MB, 1200x826px
>>27403322
Get that slag off of putin
>>
File: 1449005547607.png (168KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1449005547607.png
168KB, 400x400px
>Error: Our system thinks your post is spam. Please reformat and try again.
Fuck slugfucker.

>>27407314
Yes, I am saying that I'm hoping for the possibility of the slug Pokemon having learned a new move. A possibility that exists. Because Sluggy only used two moves. Thus leaving two potential moves that it could have replaced.
>>
>>27403577
What? The only ball move is Shadow Ball
The others are Psychic, Moon Blast, and Reflect
>>
Maybe Ash will win and we'll get a new protag
>>
>>27408057
hahahaha you wish
>>
>>27401942
it's house trained
>>
>>27408198
You're right, I do
>>
>>27407137
>It's just stupid that it overshadowed the rest of his Pokemon.
> Like, in Sinnoh, Ash's Infernape was his strongest Pokemon-- But it didn't take away from his other strong mons just because Infernape rapes everything.

Holy shit, confirmed for not knowing anything about either series
>>
>>27403424

are you fucking mental shit? for god sake, we finally got fucking show on the level of an good battle shonen...

I bet you are 15 and trying to be more mature than others... this board is 18+ so GTFO
>>
>>27399074
gonna be real awkward when he has to send him off to oak's to rot for eternity despite all this bonding shit. can't take this fucking monster to alola and just downscale him like you can with pikachu.
>>
>>27408057

why we even have? why people are so fucking retarded?!

>ash wins
>new protag

get a life you fucking morons!
>>
File: Alain_Mega_Ring.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Alain_Mega_Ring.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>27399074
>and win a League after almost 20 years.
You do know that Alain is considered a protagonist thanks to the Mega Evolution Specials, and is being set up to win... right, anon?

Ash is gonna fail in the finals, and then fuck off to Alola after dumping Serena.
>>
>>27410824
Other way actually, it's been set up that Ash's winning. They even talk about how Alain's been winning all the time and how Greninja was beating him before Ash passed out.

Not to mention what Alain's looking for is energy Greninja doesn't use.
>>
>>27410824
>Alan is being set up to win

That's wrong though. The final league episode is titled "Ash's Ultimate Match! Kalos League Victory!" The CoroCoro scans have also highlighted how Ash has never beaten Alain in their previous matches, and they've battled twice so far. Act IV built up Alain as an antagonist of sorts since he's involved with Team Flare. Act IV even ends with him and Ash crossing paths as they're destined to do battle. Ash-Greninja did a number on Diantha's Gardevior, so him beating ZardX wouldn't be plot bullshit. Speaking of Ash-Greninja, he's a walking promotion for the Gen 7 power creep. When the latest Pokefan scans were revealed, the 2ch Anons were confident in Ash winning the league.

Why is /vp/ so adamant in wanting Ash to lose the league? Not even /a/ has this attitude. I don't even like Ash-Greninja, but I can't wait to see this shitty board get BTFO yet again.
>>
>>27410807
>>27410780
>this is the average /padt/ poster
>>
>>27411065
Is there a chance of Ash using different pokemon than his gen 6 team. Sinnoh Pokemon League was GOAT because of his usage of other region mons. We all know Charizard is the true powerhouse and should win Ash the finals.
>>
>>27411119
He isn't. After the league it's jumping straight into TF arc.
>>
Can't wait for Ash's Synchro frog to get BTFO by Alain's own super secret synchro bullshit Megazard.
>>
>>27411119
I would prefer they give his kalos Pokemon the spotlight. We've already seen the full power of his past mons. Hawlucha jobbed and Goodra only had a couple battles, only one of them had it as the mvp in lumiose gym. Similarly Noivern needs more battle time and Talonflame hasn't been that remarkable
>>
>>27411188
That would be an asspull on the level of tobias
>>
>>27411119
>the cunt who singlehandedly blew the first league should be the big winner

>not have his ball thrown into the garbage where it belongs
>>
>>27411065
>"Ash's Ultimate Match! Kalos League Victory!"
Kalos League Victory doesn't imply he wins it, just that one of the two main characters does (duh). Japs are notorious for this in titles.

You know how you can tell he doesn't win? What's the next episodes name:
>"Flare Gang Attack! The Zygarde at the Prism Tower!!" (襲撃フレア団!プリズムタワーのジガルデ!!)

Not "Take on the Elite Four!" or anything that would, you know, indicate Ash would be using his right as the League victor to challenge the Elite Four and then challenge Diantha for the Championship. No, it's a segway into the Zygarde plot, which we all know is being continued in...

you guessed it, ALOLA. :^)
>>
>>27411247
While I'm still not expecting him to win (as much as I'd like it), it's entirely plausible that if he does beat Alain then his next step (fighting the E4 or whatever) is interrupted by Team Flare shenanigans. That Zygarde is back in the spot light isnt itself indicative of Ash winning or losing.
>>
>>27411247
The only main character is Ash. Alan was set up as the antagonist by means of the ME.

Also you can't jump into the Elite Four when Malva exists. The title "Ash's Ultimate Match! Kalos League Victory!" is pretty indicative that Ash's winning.
>>
File: 1468523754682.jpg (426KB, 2500x4067px) Image search: [Google]
1468523754682.jpg
426KB, 2500x4067px
>>27411265
It likely is. That airs at the end of August. That puts us out about 8-12 episodes (depending on Jap holidays and how much of a break before SM) from the release of Sun & Moon, and they time the anime to air the same time the games are released.

We're not getting a Team Flare/Zygarde AND an Elite Four/Champion challenge subplot in that much time. Likely, whatever the Zygarde thing is, is a lead in to Sun and Moon, before the usual "Ash dumps his girl, goes home, eats dinner, then bounces out to the next area" finale.
>>
>>27411265
Actually, story-wise Ash beating Alan would serve as a redemption for him.
Not to mention, the magazine scans show Alan siding with Ash, so if anything the title and previous and current magazines are really indicating that Ash wins, but everything gets interrupted by Flare.
>>
>>27411289
Dawn's the only one he's actually dumped, everyone else ditched him for one reason or another.
>>
>>27411270
>>27411294
So then why would Ash win, and then leave Kalos without attempting to challenge the champion, and fly to Alola to start the badge-and-mon adventure all over again?

The same reason he starts the badge-and-mon adventure at the beginning of every other series. He loses, and tries to achieve his "dream" in another region.
>>
>>27411308
Besides Malva being removed for being in Team Flare, needing to wait to try it, and even continuing traveling like he did with the Battle Frontier?

I don't know, what could continuing traveling while using the league as a stepping stone do?
>>
>>27399074
Wait wat Ash won?
>>
>>27411322
He beat his semis opponent and is going to the finals for the first time. Finals match is still up in the air
>>
>>27411333
oh
>>
>>27411322
He's in the finals and it's up in the air, but a lot of things imply he's winning.
>>
>>27411322
A lot of idiots are buying into the hype that Ash is winning, not realizing this is how companies market shows to gain viewers.
>>
>>27411321
>Besides Malva being removed for being in Team Flare
In Team Flare? She just works with Lysandre.

Don't forget, that Steven Stone and Professor Sycamore have also worked with Lysandre/Team Flare. If they aren't stepping down, why would she be forced into doing so?
>>
>>27411372
>In Team Flare? She just works with Lysandre.
>not playing X/Y where it gets revealed that Malva was part of Team Flare
Why am I not surprised?
>>
>>27411372
She works with Lysandre while knowing about his intentions and goals unlike Steven Stone and Professor Sycamore. In other words, she works for Team Flare so she would be forced to step down.
>>
>>27411384
Lysandre also has legitimate businesses though. You won't get arrested if you are doing legitimate business with a mobster or just for working with them.
>>
>>27400266
>It's shown that this pikachu is special, and will maybe also show that it may evolve someday into something very strong.

Hm. Primal Pikachu?

Honestly if this Pikachu ever evolved, it'll be a sign that they're ending the Ashnime, either to reboot the series with a new character, or to stop it until a day where they need to start up a new series.
>>
>>27411384
>>27411391
Nobody but the player character, and maybe Looker, know that she's associated with Team Flare in any meaningful capacity.

I mean for fuck's sake, Giovanni ran the Viridian City Gym for years despite overtly participating in their shenanigans. Nothing is going to happen to her, especially when hardly anyone knows about the truth.
>>
>>27411395
Are you pretending? If you as a person commit a crime even your legitimate businesses get affected.

>>27411417
No one knew about Giovanni in the games and when he got revealed he fucked off. In the anime he let go of the gym and abandoned it after Jessie and James revealed that Team Rocket was running it. People that are part of evil teams in the anime get pretty much written off as arrested or killed. Malva's going to lose her spot as both Elite Four for working with Team Flare and being an accomplice.
>>
what fight scenes should i watch?
>>
>>27410798
I reckon he could actually bring the frog to Alola. It could act as the reason Ash goes there in the first place because Kukui wants to study it. It can use a super powerful moves and that's Kukui's area of study, after all.
>>
>>27411497
Leaving it with Kukui would also be a good way to write it out for a little while leaving Ash free to catch new stuff.
>>
>>27411507
Exactly. Kukui could be like 'oh I'll be studying your Greninja for a while! Why not take the Alola league challenge in the meantime? The region is full of rare Pokemon yada yada yada!'

Greninja could even appear in video calls like Muk does to maintain presence.
>>
>>27399627
Damn
I think I need to watch this series now
>>
>>27399074
so how does Ash Greninja work?
Did he ejaculate into him and he soaked up his dna or something?
like what the fuck is this thing?
i assumed Ash WAS the greninja in some kind of dragon ball z fusion kinda deal but clearly they're seperate
>>
>>27399155
ay yo what the fuck is that black charizard?
why does everyone have a personal hologram graph thing floating infront of them?
has pokemon gone full Digimon now?
>>
>>27411586
Its a synchonicity thing, they're on the same wavelength, matching spirit and heartbeat blah blah blah

Before you ask the reason it didn't happen with pikachu is because he's not fully evolved; he still gets a boost out of it but not as much
>>
>>27411627
>Its a synchonicity thing, they're on the same wavelength, matching spirit and heartbeat blah blah blah
fuck it's even more gayer than i thought
>>
>ash beats the kalos league
>this makes his defeat in the Alola league even more painful
Why don't people want this? It'll be great
>>
File: images (7).jpg (12KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
images (7).jpg
12KB, 320x240px
>>27411627
>Before you ask the reason it didn't happen with pikachu
But it did...
>>
File: my face when.jpg (27KB, 480x602px) Image search: [Google]
my face when.jpg
27KB, 480x602px
>>27399627
Pokemon is Shounen now.
And a awesome one.

Thanks, pikaproject. I understand.
>>
>>27411709
Its not so bad. Its not high quality storytelling by any means, but its pretty standard shonen anime stuff, and thats okay.
>>
>>27403809
>tfw really like Chesnaught but knew he was never gonna play a major role in the anime
I hurts man, it really hurts.
>>
>>27399627
why does japanese ash sound like such a little badass?
>>
Can someone explain to me what a mega evolution is and how it works and a brief history.
>>
>>27411860
Pokemon goes super saiyan when holding a blutz wave battery. It exists so shitty pokemin can be "fixed" without actually fixing anything and so power creep keeps on trucking.
>>
>>27411867
alright cool makes sense thanks
>>
>>27411850
Because it's japanese. It's pleasing to your ears
>>
>>27399074
I love when ash does the matrix evolution with greninjamon
>>
>>27407052
>>27401988

This is the opinion of someone who has never seen a good fight scene because he is a huge autist who only watches weekly kids shows.

You can enjoy the pokemon anime for what it is, but don't pretend like the fights are actually good other than for fanservice/eye candy.
>>
>>27399627
>>
>>27401690
kingler swept one of the fights 3 fights in a row by himself
>>
>>27412539
anon just because you didn't figure it out doesn't mean you sperg out, it's okay that you didn't notice it
>>
The finals is one episode. If he was actually going to win it would be at least a three ep battle, hell even if he wasn't going to win it would be around that length.. Stupid team flare interruption and we'll have a "hurr who would have won" ending
Y'all dumb
>>
File: 1399027868714.jpg (74KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
1399027868714.jpg
74KB, 500x385px
>>27402706
>winning the league doesn't make you a pokemon master
>>
>>27401733
Kindler is so OG
>>
>>27411595
>has pokemon gone full Digimon now?
Pokemon won't go full Digimon until they learn to talk and can permadie.
>>
>>27412657
It doesn't, you're right.
>>
>>27400119

According to that BW-era licensor guide, they are REQUIRED by the pokemon company to give them swirly eyes after fainting. (They're also not allowed to have swirly eyes on packaging, etc. I dunno what this means for Spinda, he isn't mentioned.)
>>
File: 1469716786191.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1469716786191.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>27412539
For anime in general, saying it's just fanservice/eyecandy seems not relevant....

II have watched something like + 100 anime, and the fights in XY are really good you know, often going full shonen - nekketsu.
Like every anime, It's sure you can't fully appreciate the fights if you're not really into the anime and just pick up x fight without really watching the anime.
>>27411595
>has pokemon gone full Digimon now?
With all the poses and greninja who is literally a stand, it's more like jojo for me. (webm related)
>>
>>27412763

Well yeah duh, shounen literally means "little boy" you know? Because shounen is the "for little boys" category of anime? Saying pokemon goes "full shonen" is just agreeing with my point that pokemon fights are for kids and do not have any weight, emotion, stakes or even logic to them.

There are good shounen fights and maybe pokemon has some too, but I've watched a lot of pokemon episodes and never seen any, including most of the "hyped" episodes. It's just the same old shit we've seen since the very first season, but now with more animation. Oh gee, the two final pokemon collided after an "epic battle" and caused an inexplicable explosion of smoke, everyone coughs, I WONDER WHICH ONE WILL HAVE CROSSES ON ITS EYES WHEN THE SMOKE CLEARS?????

The best "fight" in the entire show was when Pikachu blasted all those spearows in the first fucking episode.
>>
>>27412646
>The finals is one episode. If he was actually going to win it would be at least a three ep battle, hell even if he wasn't going to win it would be around that length.. Stupid team flare interruption and we'll have a "hurr who would have won" ending
>Y'all dumb

>XY&Z37: The Finals! Ash VS Alan!! [Aug 11th]
>XY&Z38: Kalos League Victory! Ash's Ultimate Match!! [Aug 18th]

Try again, retard.
>>
Since when have any of ashes "big" battles been only two eps? All the major battles are three or four
>>
>>27399627
>https://my.mixtape.moe/zkjlux.webm
WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD THE XY SERIES??
>>
So is ash going to get his charizard for the final and the writers pull a ash/charizard fusion?
>>
>>27399074
>has to cheat to win
sad
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-07-29-10h34m30s735.png (219KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-07-29-10h34m30s735.png
219KB, 1280x720px
>>27413037
>Ash Grenigger is about to deal the finishing blow to mega-zard
>Team Flare interrupts

It's going to happen and you all know it
>>
>>27413248
Only Ash v Paul was more than two episodes.
>>
>>27412657
It doesn't.

Winning the league gives you the right to challenge the Elite Four. It's like a preliminary (since he's not the only one going after badges like it seems in the game world)
>>
>>27413707
Heres something I posted in the general as to how I think it'll go down

>Ash beats Alain
>"I finally won! So Diantha, do we fight now?"
>"Well Ash, first you need to-"
>EXPLOSION
>Team Flare is doing shit, Zygarde is rampaging, stuff happens, Alain sees Lysandre for what he is and throws down, Malva is outed as a Team Flare member and the E4 is down a person
>"Wow, sorry Ash, things are a mess right now. While you wait for us to fix things up and be ready for your formal challenge, why not visit the Alola region? I hear there are new pokemon you've never seen!"

And Ash never returned to Kalos again
>>
>>27413248
Why do you make things up on the internet?
>>
I want a "To be Continued" meme with that gif, right after Gekkouga lands. That would be epic.
>>
>>27413917
I strangely would be okay with this because at least he would have won the league..just not being the champion yet.
>>
>>27413964
Yeah, there would be worse ways to handle it
>>
Him winning the league with it devalues the victory imo.
No sense of victory either due to how incredibly op that shit is
>>
>>27399627
>Ash gets physical feedback from Greninja's wounds

Now why the hell would anyone want this?

Also this series looks like it basically became Naruto or Onepiece.
>>
>>27415008
Basically everybody in the league is using a mega, why is it such a big deal that ash uses one too?
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.