[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else felt Generation 6 was a bit... off? Despite it being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: SnekVSAyylmao.png (2MB, 1280x920px) Image search: [Google]
SnekVSAyylmao.png
2MB, 1280x920px
Anyone else felt Generation 6 was a bit... off? Despite it being about Kalos, it focused a lot more on Hoenn and for much longer too. It almost feels like Hoenn now had two generations.
>>
>>27396266
That's because XY was so underwhelming & Kalos was such a shit region that it made Hoenn look great in comparison.
Which it is, Hoenn's my favorite region & all, but ORAS were some pretty lackluster remakes, I'll swallow my pride on that much at least.
>>
XY was the first game of the main series using 3D models. ORAS was a remake. Expect way more content in SM.
>>
>>27396266
No, not really. XY related stuff isnt finished yet. Zygarde gets new forms in Sun and Moon and we still only know like 2% of the entire game so there might be more Kalos related stuff.

Thats how GF planned it but vp of course believes otherwise
>>
>>27396648
That's still in Gen 7, it doesn't change the fact that Gen 6 was still underwhelming and ORAS were better than XY.
>>
>>27396648
If that really was the original plan they wouldn't have coded in Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves as early as XY.
>>
>>27396931
Thats your opinion. Besides if GF for once decided to continue (apart from 2gen obviously) the existing plot points instead of just moving on as usual then thats good in my book.

XY was a good start but yes, its obviously unfinished. If Sun and Moon are able to give XY closure then thats more than amazing
>>
>>27396959
Why not? Sure Sun and Moon is a new generation but its the very same console so it makes sense to tie both generations in some way
>>
>>27396575
This.Consider that the dev team had to model and animate over 600 pokemon and in 3d and redo the art for every attack.There's a lot more development time freed up for Sun and Moon.

....which they seem to be wasting on the overworld.
>>
>>27396989
Im afraid about that aswell. You'd think with all the models being there already they'll spend some money to create Frontier, PWT or add Kalos in the postgame (at least some part of it) but looking at the map it doesnt look like it
>>
>>27397011
>but looking at the map it doesnt look like it
There's always that facility in the ocean so hold out some hope there anon.
>>
>>27397029
Yeah but im starting to think that this huge facility is just this region Lumiose/Mauville so abasically a place with the most important shops etc
>>
>>27397036
Eh, they're usually reserved for the capital city type area and an artificial island that's fairly out of the way doesn't fit the bill.

It's probably one of two things. A battle facility or the league.
>>
I think XY it's a rather mediocre game,but i don't it's bad,it was fun when XY comed out and discovering all the new mons and the regions was a fun experiencie,yes.
Later than that the games get boring,i know,but that doesn't mean they're that bad,just mediocre.
>>
>>27397011
>You'd think with all the models being there already they'll spend some money to create Frontier, PWT or add Kalos in the postgame (at least some part of it) but looking at the map it doesnt look like it
There is at least one hidden island behind the clouds. There may be more to Alola than meets the eye.

Also >wanting Kalos again
>>
>>27397142
>>wanting Kalos again
I could think of three regions worse than Kalos that people like a lot.
>>
>>27397142
I don't want to back to Kalos either.
It's a mediocre region at best,most of it doesn't make sense,so yeah,i agree with you.
>>
>>27396266
After Red/Green remakes Emerald was released.
HGSS weren't new for a long time because BW came year after (and you still had Platinum).

Gen 6 ended on a remake and there's a 2 year gap between ORAS and gen 7. I'm not surprised you feel that Kalos was underwhelming.

I do think that Kalos is a pretty good region though.
>>
>>27396266
Blame ISIS because Game Freak didn't wanted us to revisit Kalos due to attacks on France.
>>
>>27397309
Suuuure thats why in the anime a big attack in Lumiose happens
>>
XY was probably rushed because they had to do a huge amount of work for all the 3D models
>>
>>27397011
>>27396989
Gamefreak didnt do the models, that was a different company.
>>
>>27396266
Oh, look, another thread bashing gen 6.
It's not like we have others like this in the past or something...
>>
XY reminds me a lot of DP in the sense that it isn't necessarily bad, just kinda flat. But the latter had Platinum to redeem it and make Sinnoh a more exciting region, whereas we only really get to experience Kalos one time. Hopefully SM expand upon things introduced in XY, and it looks so far like they will, but unless we get to revisit Kalos it's always gonna seem pretty off.

Doesn't help that there's been such a gap between games since ORAS was released, it's the most recent installment in the series so it's naturally going to see more promotion, etc. Hell, I'm pretty sure official competitions don't even allow you to use XY carts anymore because they lack the new megas.
>>
>>27397817
We better stop every discussion ever then since most facets have been talked about before.
Hell, might as well erase /vg/ since recurring discussions is its entire point.
History class? FUCK THAT.
Let's all talk of subjective things that have never been talked about.
You goddamn fucking idiot.
>>
File: 1428282161199.gif (465KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1428282161199.gif
465KB, 320x180px
>>27396975
>let's tie the generations together by coding two moves that we never plan on being available!
>>
>>27396266
I honestly believe Z in the style of Platinium and BW2. That fixed all the trainer issues and improved the story would have redeemed Kalos.

Kalos had great mon variety and some pretty cool locations. (need more snow mind you).

When you really consider how stuffed BW2 was, even if you don't like the Gen, its crazy how backwards XY went in some aspects
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.