[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Controversial Opinions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

File: fug.jpg (33KB, 278x424px) Image search: [Google]
fug.jpg
33KB, 278x424px
I've been playing Pokemon since Red and Blue came out and ORAS is honestly my favourite game.
>>
Not controversial just wrong. What did you like about them OP

Gen 5 is best Gen
There was no good Gen 6 game
There are no bad Pokemon designs
>>
>>27396187

B2W2 are the best in the series.

ORAS was boring and terrible, but I actually really enjoyed X and Y.

I like gen 5 starters better than gen 2 starters.
>>
>>27396217
B2W2 were boring and terrible.
>>
I like gen 4 but only if it's platinum.
>>
B2W2 were the second worst games in the series. Only Pokemon game I've ever dropped.
RBY are the worst.
>>
Gen 4 was my favourite. Heart Gold/Soul Silver I can say are definitively the best games in the series. I really enjoyed ORAS though.

And yeah X was shite
>>
Hoenn is a great region
>>
>>27396206
>Gen 5 is best Gen

Opinion discarded
>>
>>27396217
>>27396187
ORAS had flaws but I honestly felt the writing, music and graphic design was the bets.

XY's writing was bumfuck retarded and I don't even know who or what they were aiming for with it and your retarded rivals.
>>
>>27396206
>Gen 5 is best Gen
>There are no bad Pokemon designs

Opinion unovaborted
>>
File: Keldeo_647_BW_Anime4.png (64KB, 440x421px) Image search: [Google]
Keldeo_647_BW_Anime4.png
64KB, 440x421px
>>27396206
>Gen 5 is best Gen
Horrible.
>There are no bad Pokemon designs
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
Most of my favourite Pokemon are those who I've used the most competitively, and I've owned every cartridge game since yellow.
>>
File: 1459852298531s.jpg (3KB, 124x118px) Image search: [Google]
1459852298531s.jpg
3KB, 124x118px
>>27396187
>Gen 4 is the worst gen
>X/Y's Postgame was the biggest disappointment in the entire series
>OR/AS wasn't that bad
Gen 3 > Gen 1
>>
>>27400191
>>Gen 4 is the worst gen
This is the worst one I have ever heard.
>>X/Y's Postgame was the biggest disappointment in the entire series
Okay.
>>OR/AS wasn't that bad
Okay.
>Gen 3 > Gen 1
Not controversial at all.
>>
>>27396206
>opinion
>just wrong
/vp/ everyone
>>
>I like balanced pokedexes like BW2 50/50 old and new
>I think having more new pokemon is better than having lower.
>I think platinum is the best game in the series
>I don't like Kanto or GEN I that much...
>I think Alola has potential to be the best region
>>
my favorite Pokemon game is a hack desu. Glazed is better than any gf game by far imo.
>>
I've been playing since Emerald, and tbqf, ORAS was the best experience i've had since Platinum
>>
File: 1457713209229s.jpg (3KB, 125x98px) Image search: [Google]
1457713209229s.jpg
3KB, 125x98px
>>27400209
It's true, though.
>The legendaries were shit (Except for Palkia)
>It created the most overrated Pokemon (Giratina, Lucario, Darkrai, etc.) since Gen 1
>Shit surfing speed and walking speed (through snow)
>Half of the new Pokemon weren't that original or interesting, instead being just evos or pre-evos for older Pokemon

It did have good music and the best E4, though. I'll give it that.
>>
>>27396206
Playing gen 5 now and its fucking terrible imo. Been playing since RBY. I will never understand how people think 5 is good
>>
>>27400347
I never understand why people complain about everything too.
If you don't like GEN V it's okay,but please stop shoving it in your faces everytime,we get it we accept your opinion,please stop whining about everything guys.
Also,GEN V will be forever in the franchise,these 156 pokemon will be ALWAYS in the new games,so complaining it's kind of stupid since they'll be there,with im okay with it because GEN V was awesome.
>>
>>27400402

>opinion thread
>please stop disagreeing with my opinion
>>
File: 1469139680533.jpg (59KB, 562x476px) Image search: [Google]
1469139680533.jpg
59KB, 562x476px
>>27396206
>opinion
>just wrong
You can't be this dumb can you?...
>>
I like megas, sure there are some missteps by but by and large the concept is good
I hope synchro is a thing in Sun/Moon
I'd be kill for social links like Persona 3/4 to be in a pokemon game
>>
>>27396187
I think Ash is going to lose the Kalos league.
>>
D/P was my least favorite, it was the most forgettable. All I really remembered from it was spending whole days in the Underground in Middle School. Only gen without a starter i particularly liked, everything about it was "meh". Every other game has something special I remember about it.
>>
I'll just go with this one:
I like IVs and bottlecaps were a smart idea from GF to make everybody happy.
>>
B2W2 is without doubt the best game, it was the last game with sprites, NO MEGAS, has the best music, 50/50 old new pokemon ratio like anon said, best fucking music, FUCKING MOVING SPRITES NO DIGIEVOLUTIONS, how the fuck can any faggot dislike bw, the only shit is legendaries, bad designs and slow shit story/early game.

gen Vl is literal trash, horrible 3d models, megas, cute desu everywhere, goodra is cancer, they fucked up with xy. I will be pleased if someone can change my mind

also liligant is best waifu
>>
I think Emerald is objectively better than ORAS, but I'd still rather replay the latter anyday because I can't stand playing Gen 3 games anymore. Don't like the aesthetic, especially in RSE which are honestly really ugly to me, and the games are in this awkward in-between where the mechanics aren't up to date enough what with not having the Phys/Spec split, but also not old enough to feel like its own thing like with the simpler Gen 2 mechanics or jank of Gen 1.

There was nothing wrong with DP. There was room for improvement, but no blatant flaws unlike say XY.

Platinum did not make nearly enough improvements or changes for so many people to somehow be able to consider DP the worst Pokemon game but Platinum one of the best.

Platinum's Battle Frontier is trash. It's a disgrace to the Emerald Frontier.

If DP is ever remade, they could ignore all the Platinum additions and changes except the expanded regional Pokedex and be none the worse for it.
>>
>>27396187
I honestly think Mewtwo is the dumbest Pokemon ever.
>>
>>27396187
The Safari Game is great, it should come back, ORAS removing it makes the game worse. Same for roaming Legendaries (the traditional kind, not the watered-down replacement in XY).
>>
>>27400710
I fuggen loved BW2 as well. Not so much BW though. BW were fine but nothing special to me. I do appreciate how unique BW are.
BW2 though... oh lord that was an experience. Such a great selection of Pokemon. And the game had an incredible atmosphere of being very chill and relaxed, kind of like gen 1. The stakes never felt too high because Team Plasma weren't THAT important and kind of felt like Neo Team Rocket from gen 2.
Humilai City... I will never forget how great that place felt to be in. Great new additions were made in BW2.
>>
File: hi there!.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hi there!.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>27400646
>>
>>27400818
Platinum just felt very updated. Better HUD. Little details like having snow in places, or giving the entrance of a town a gate, having the little sign that pops up to tell you where you are, be decorated. Just loads of small little things made for a better experience imo.
The plot was also more interesting, what with the Distortion World and all that. Felt like a real adventure.
Playing DP, it just feels like there's loads of things missing which all add up to a lesser experience. To me and many others, at least.
>>
>>27400910
Maybe it's because at the time I found the snow and Distortion World insulting because pre-release info hyped it up like Sinnoh would get a total winter revamp and the Distortion World would be a crazy ass Dark World second map or something, but then the snow ended up being a minor detail in just a few areas and the Distortion World a one-off dungeon with nothing to do but fight Cyrus and catch Giratina. It was especially dissapointing because there was a two year gap from DP to Platinum with nothing in between, and it was like, "they spent two years on this and this is it?"

But in general I feel most of Platinum's changes and additions were very minor and for every little change I liked there was something changed I felt was better in DP, like how you first get your starter, first meeting Cyrus in the place you eventually defeat him, Lost Tower's DP aesthetic, the swamps not looking absolutely retarded in DP, some other stuff like that.
>>
File: buttscab ban.png (61KB, 713x181px) Image search: [Google]
buttscab ban.png
61KB, 713x181px
>>27400873
No no no, don't huwt the wittle tripfriend's feelings, or else the good guy janny will ban you for free :(
>>
>>27401157
>break the rules
>WAAAAHHHHHH HOW DARE THEY BAN ME?!?!?!1
>>
>>27401175
>he seriously thinks GR3 is normally enforced
>he seriously thinks mods don't only enforce GR3 when they see something they don't like
you must be new
>>
>>27401175
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
>>
>>27396387
I think My Little Muskateer is a fine pokemon

Didn't even realize it was hated until I came here. Never even thought about connecting it to containment board cartoon until here either
>>
>>27400646
Your trip is an unpopular opinion
>>
XY needed a MUCH smaller Pokedex.
>>
>>27400818
>no updated Distortion World
>>
I actually wouldn't mind a Diamond and Pearl remake, but only if they included the distortion world
>>
B2/W2 are so far the epitome of the perfect pokemon game.
I think the Vanilluxe line is well designed
>>
>>27401435
B2W2 are far from perfect. Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>27401446
Better then anything else so far. Dork.
>>
>>27401446
I would pretty much say its as close as possible to it. For my other favorite Pokemon games, there's a few things I'd change to make them flawless for me. I don't think I have any changes for BW2 though. I was just completely satisfied.
>>
>>27400209
Gen 4 would be the worst were it not for HG/SS and Platinum. Diamond and Platinum were just objectively and subjectively bad. Bad pacing, bad region, boring as fuck.
>>
>>27401598
>Diamond and Platinum
Meant Pearl.
>>
>>27401598

I didn't think they were that bad at first but upon reflection, yeah it was pretty shit.

Ran like shit.

Pokedex was shit.

Gyms were shit.
>>
>>27401353
I agree. It felt like a ROMhack with how many Pokémon they shoved on each route, I feel there should be a limit. I don't think a regional dex should ever surpass 300, with 200-250 being the ideal number.
>>
>>27403113
I think they're going with the 250-300 route in SM again,since BW2 was well-liked and all.
I think X Ybig dex was a one-game thing like BW was with only new pokemon,it was Kalos and Unova's gimnick respeclty.

Now,i hope they put old pokemon that have a exotic feel to fit good the region like Larvesta,Joltik,Bitzle etc...
But if we got XY's numbers again,i don't really care im a pretty simple person,i just want to have an adventure with new bros in a new region.
>>
>>27396187
Well here goes

/vp/ was a mistake and should be removed from 4chan to reduce the underage traffic.
>>
I had huge nostalgia goggles for Gen 2 due to Silver being my first game. HGSS made me realize Gen 2 was kind of boring due to the shit level curve and mon distribution and I just became disillusioned with Johto.
>>
I prefer Turtwig over Grotle and Torterra
>>
>>27401353
See, I'm willing to agree with the sentiment that it's fucking obnoxious to try and catch the one 'mon you want/need when each route's encounter list is at least 6 'mons long.

This kind of highlights the series' growing pains.

The games are now more focused on being accessible as "babby's first Pokemon game" and therefore making the entire dex able to be caught within a generation, but spreading 400+ (because we're not encountering every one in the wild) evenly would demand a considerably larger map than we've had.

Tl;dr the fucking dex keeps outpacing the map and that might be a problem if you hate long encounter lists.
>>
>>27396187
thats not controversial that's just horrible taste
>>
File: 1301370216245.jpg (54KB, 483x345px) Image search: [Google]
1301370216245.jpg
54KB, 483x345px
>>27403736
/vp/ was made so you autistic fuckers wouldn't swarm every other board mainly /v/ and made anything non pokemon impossible to discuss.

Good move calling anyone underage yet you're too new to even remember this fact.
>>
Nothing in the franchise totally defines the pokeworld, and none of them matter more than the others. Not even Gamefreak. You're literally trying to define something that has no definition.
>>
>>27396206
>>27403736
The people who like ORAS are the non underagefags, they know each game is better for obvious mechanical reasons, and don't like being millenial hipster types, dissenting for the sake of venting their meager frustrations in a powerless life
>>
>>27404076
/vp/ was a mistake. Sorry I made your bum bum sore because it's your favorite board anon. The Pokemon shitposting on /v/ would have died down eventually. Honestly with the amount of content on here that isn't forced, you could probably fit /vp/ into one thread on /vg/.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.