[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I stopped watching after the Johto arc ended (stopped getting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: pokemon xy.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon xy.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
I stopped watching after the Johto arc ended (stopped getting the channel). Looking back, the anime was never very good at all.

....that said, holy shit, what happened? X and Y is awesome. How long has it been like this? Should I go back and start from 3rd gen?
>>
No

No

No
>>
>>27394544
Gen 4 & 5 anime was shit. Just enjoy the current anime season.

Going back to watch the hoenn episodes can be fun I guess, but XY is still usually better.
>>
>>27394712
I thought gen 5 was pretty good. Team Rocket became likable.
>>
File: 1404507632916.gif (3MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1404507632916.gif
3MB, 320x180px
>>27394544
Advance Generation was a hit or miss with certain episodes, but good.

Gen 4 was fucking amazing, gif related.

Gen 5 was pretty bad.
>>
>>27394544
I have to admit, the anime has gone a long way. I had to stop in the middle of the Johto arc as well when it was the gang constantly falling into pitfalls and no interesting plot whatsoever. No wonder why pokemania died in gen 2 in the west.
>>
>>27394544
>Should I go back and start from 3rd gen?

No. There was a handful of good episodes, but its not worth digging through the filler to get to them. If you must, just watch the tournament arcs.
>>
File: 8GFH8AK.png (170KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
8GFH8AK.png
170KB, 500x374px
AG is worth watching for May alone. Ash's Hoenn Pokemon are cool too.
>>
bulbapedia has a list of non-filler episodes in the anime. It really fixes the pacing issues at least, by like, a fucking lot.
>>
>>27394863
Can you link it, please? I wasn't aware of this.
>>
>>27394923
The site is down right now for maintenance, just type in "list of events in the pokemon anime", and it'll come up.
>>
>>27394544
>literally the same shit but with better animators
>awesome
XYshitters are delusional.
>>
>>27395102
While its still nothing to get really excited about, XY anime IS better than the last few seasons. If only becauses its a competent Ash who has a tendency to do shonen protagonist stuff like jump off cliffs to rescue pokemon.

I've started going through XY from the start recently, its decent enough to have on in the background while you're reading or playing games, and thats the best its been in a long time.
>>
>>27395135
You forgot to mention that the animation is on par with the older movies.
>>
>>27395975
The only movies I've watched are the first two, and that was so long ago I cannot remember the quality, so I'll take your word for that.
>>
>>27394544
At the very least, watch the gen 4 league battles.
>>
I'm watching Hoenn (Advanced Challenge) now and I think it's only slighty worse than last two seasons of Johto.
>>
>>27396220
It's much better than Johto. Johto was the lowest point until Sinnoh.
>>
>>27394793
How old is this gif? I mean, this thing could easily be a high quality webm. Or hell, I bet it's possible to make a higher quality gif of the whole thing than this shitshow.
>>
>>27394544
watch the Sinnoh League, then watch XY without filler.

Thats all the decent stuff.
>>
You can skip most of AG (only watch Capture/gym/contest episodes, the fillers in this series are endless) the Battle Frontier arc is good.
DP is good, maybe better, the league is awesome but the final was rushed and become a meme.
BW is the worst season, but the Team Rocket ark is fine.
Dont watch 700 episodes, its a bad idea.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.