[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this allowed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: hyper training.jpg (33KB, 640x310px) Image search: [Google]
hyper training.jpg
33KB, 640x310px
Why is this allowed?
>>
I'm not sure. I thought they'd be quick to kill any good feature, but it looks like we got away with one.
>>
>>27389713
t. Verlisify
>>
>>27389713

What's wrong with it? Sounds like a useful feature to me.
>>
>>27389713
>Because breeding is already a pain in the ass already
>Because Bike Simulator isn't a fun endgame
>Because your shiny bro's deserve to be useful

And with us able to set up our own tournaments, you bet there'll be Little Cup teams and you can't IV-train those - so any buff to breeding is welcome.
>>
>>27389713
It'll probably still be faster to breed them, though. I don't see the problem in just implementing a feature to stop people from cheating in tournaments - because otherwise nothing changes.
.. That is, unless having an endless supply of perfect Pokemon that you never enter tournaments with or even use that go out of date with every new game is something you absolutely feel is central t the games... In that case you've got serious issues.
>>
Literally the best feature in the game.
>>
It's useless anyway. Don't know why they made the limit being your Pokemon has to be at level 100 when every competition lowers your Pokemon to level 50. People will still cheat, this doesn't make getting competitive Pokemon any easier and especially no where close to as easy as cheating.
>>
>>27389858
You can just breed for natures, egg moves, abilities, the pseudorandom gender for most Pokémon.
Oh, and Shinies.
We mustn't forget about them.
Plus, it isn't easy getting a "Proud of its power" Lucario.
>>
>>27389713

Reason: Game Freak
>>
File: 1463074928576.png (720KB, 500x665px) Image search: [Google]
1463074928576.png
720KB, 500x665px
>>27389713

Breeding still seems faster. This just lets you use those mons you're autistically attached to. Not even useful for specific IVs for Hidden Power, Trick Room, Foul Play etc.
>>
Removes the autism from breeding
>>
>>27389732
We didn't quite get away with it. For some reason you can only Hyper Train level 100 Pokemon.
>>
>>27389713
because after breeding/reseting every fucking pokemon I dont feel like doing it anymore
>>
>>27389732
>I thought they'd be quick to kill any good feature
Eh, if it has a legitimate use for the player it doesn't get considered for the cut anon.
>>
>>27390995
>Breeding still seems faster.
That all depends on if they games have quick levelling spots like bases and restaurants.

If they do then it's much faster than breeding, if it's gen 2 tier grinding then you're better off breeding.
>>
>>27390995
>Breeding still seems faster.

5 IVs maybe. 6IVs+HA, nope. I already need to grind my Pokemon to 50 anyway and if there's something equivalent to Blissey bases it doesn't take that long.

Also this is extra god send for events and legendaries which you can't breed period.
>>
>>27389713

I'm loving it.

I have like 6 pokemon I have bred shiny and all fell short a single stat in one of the most important ones for them.

Now they will be perfect too.
>>
>>27389713
So I can throw a legendary into an online team without having to inject or stall my playthrough SRing for specific IVs.
>>
>>27390995
>Not even useful for specific IVs for Hidden Power, Trick Room, Foul Play etc.

That's what worry me about this feature. If you can't increase a Pokemon's Ivs individually then it's really no better than just breeding.
>>
>>27389960
>Implying grinding to level 100 isn't easy as fuck
>>
>>27389713
Game Freak make the games so they get to make the decisions too. Meanwhile you get to bitch about it on your internet soapbox. Don't like it? Don't play.
>>
>not battling on a simulator

true autism
>>
>>27389713
>Get your story team with the right natures
>Know that at level 100 they'll be viable in competitive
>Same with legendaries
Literally the best new feature
>>
>>27393106
Doesn't matter if its easy, cheating will still be easier and so people will still cheat.
>>
>>27391544
>accidentally bred a shiny timid pentaperfect greninja
>only imperfect IV is 25 SAtk
Pretty happy now desu
>>
>>27390995
>Not even useful for specific IVs for Hidden Power

But that's wrong you fucking retard. Maybe not for decreasing IVs but you're delusional if you think you won't be able to raise IVs one point at a time as opposed to just maxing them out.

>>27393106
>tedium = difficulty

Love this meme.

>b-but muh blissey bases

You do know that your Pokémon doesn't instantly jump all those levels right? You have to sit there mashing A while the the Exp. bars slowly fill up and the stat window pops up over and over and over again. For 99 fucking levels. For each Pokémon. It doesn't matter if it's easy, it's boring and takes time away from actually battling (you know, the entire point of breeding and training those Pokémon in the first place), the same way Bike Simulator does. Good on you for not cheating, but don't pretend you can't fathom why someone else would want to like it's the most ridiculous thing in the world to want to spend less time mashing a button and more time actually playing the game.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.