[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is pyroar so forgettable? He's one of the few new Pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (16KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 200x200px
Why is pyroar so forgettable? He's one of the few new Pokemon in gen 6 so why is it that it just seems so unneeded? It's even a good idea and everything, was it just bad execution? Does anyone even like pyroar? I can tell you right now: pyroar is no ones bro, no ones waifu and no ones husbando.
>>
I'm sure people are just upset they didn't get their manticore. Plus the unnecessary addition of normal typing doesn't help it competively.
>>
>>27388658
List all of the pokemon that look like a lion, then come back.
>>
>>27388658
Those fucking eyes

and the color and shape of the mane

what were they thinking, bros?
>>
it's just sort of a goofy cartoony design
>>
>>27388866
i can't list one
>>
>>27388658
>Why is pyroar so forgettable?
in game its overshadowed by charizard, delphox and heliolisk

in competitive its unique typing and great speed is let down by awkward abilities, low strength and relatively tiny movepool

aesthetically it looks okay i guess, i dig the male/female differences but luxray does the lion thing better
>>
>>27388924
also theres nothing i despise more than the Normal typing on Sawsbuck, Heliolisk etc.

well i hate the Cyndaquil line not having fire in their battle sprites more actually. nothing will ever trigger me as hard as that
>>
>>27388658
I love it, but the stripy mane and huge eyes make the design pretty dumb
>>
>>27388957
Persian looks pretty similar to a female lion
>>
I like Pyroar
>>
>>27389005
i always thought of it as a sort of siamese

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwSYm1NPHP4
>>
I like it for mono-normal teams. But that's about it.
>>
>>27388658
Normal type and the face killed it for me
>>
>>27388658
>encountered in an optional route
>Fennekin and Fletchling are encountered early too
>Charmander is a starter
>useless abilities
It's because of the other options available. If circumstances were different, then everybody would probably have one on their team.
>>
It's ugly, does absolutely nothing interesting, and also happens to be a shitmon. If any one of those weren't true there would be some reason to use Pyroar.
>>
I used one, a lot. It was fun to use and I actually did some damage with him in Doubles. Pair it with a Togekiss that has access to at least Follow Me, Helping Hand and Thunder Wave, or a Pokemon with Storm Drain.

Pyroar (M) Leo Burnett
Unnerve
Timid/Modest
- Hyper Voice
- Heat Wave
- Dark Pulse
- Endeavor

Endeavor can do wonders when the opponent is already crippled and Pyroar is able to outspeed or get help with Follow Me from a partner.
>>
>>27388983
I would like it so much more if the mane was less cartoony and vibrant. I get that it's supposed to look like the symbol for fire but it just doesn't look that great. Other than that I like it's design, used one on my most recent play through of Y. Named him after my cat and we tore shit up yo.
>>
>>27390883
Most of my team didn't take hits very well, epsecially against fighting types since everything on my team except for Chesnaught and Pangoro was part normal type. Hawlucha was a bitch to deal with, and so were most special attackers but noble roar and pangoros parting shot were more useful than I expected.
>>
this board is full of shit taste because of all the gofags and stuff. pyroar is awesome and anybody complaining about the mane is a dumbass
>>
>>27389284
Rapidash in Gen IV for example is the complete opposite
>>
>>27388970
>not wanting all type combinations to be used
You're a grade-a idiot.
>>
>>27388658
Because Gen 6 only cared about fairies, legendaries, megas, and one of its starters.
>>
>>27389050
>>27389005
Luxray bros. Jesus.
>>
File: Pyroar.jpg (255KB, 320x450px) Image search: [Google]
Pyroar.jpg
255KB, 320x450px
>>27388658
It's not, to me at least. Love this card in PTCGO, it fucks over so many people who use EX only decks. As a downside, if it's not an EX deck I almost always lose, though that's just my shitty deck building more than anything.
>>
File: HNI_0009.jpg (95KB, 405x540px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0009.jpg
95KB, 405x540px
>>27388658
I love Pyroar, it's perfect (other than Unnerve being its only non-shit ability).

Pyroar is literally the only Pokemon that I consider my "bro," other than Rhydon in RBY and Torterra in DPP. I love Pyroar! It's been with me through so many battles and situations.
>>
>>27388970
>also theres nothing i despise more than the Normal typing on Sawsbuck, Heliolisk etc.
Some people, like me, just enjoy using Normal-types. I'm glad GF gives us (people like me) something to play with other than pure Normal and Normal/Flying.
>>
>>27388658
You're one of those weird furry folk, aren't you?
>>
>>27388658
Best gen6 fire type, i love Pyroar.
>>
>>27388866
Luxray, Entei, Arcanine
>>
>>27388658

is this a pyroar for ants?
>>
>>27393954

Arcanine is a dog you dumb fuck.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.