[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people here hate ORAS so much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 233
Thread images: 27

File: box_omega_ruby.jpg (403KB, 1200x1098px) Image search: [Google]
box_omega_ruby.jpg
403KB, 1200x1098px
Seriously what is the problem? It's a remake, but you guys are acting like it was supposed to be a whole new game.

They added a lot of cool stuff, and they even changed up the story so magma and aqua weren't as forgettable. And the dexnav is definitely one of the best features to be added to the games.

Is it all because of the battle frontier? I don't know what it was like because I never played emerald, but is that really worth all the hate? If that's the reason then tell me what was so good about battle frontier because i genuinely don't know.
>>
>>27386109
Because most of the posters here grew up with gen 4, and they feel threatened by the fact that ORAS is better than HGSS.
>>
>>27386109
Because RS weren't good with no Emerald features, whereas HGSS had the bulk of the Crystal changes

>inb4 crystal didn't change much

Also jack shit to do, with Delta episode being shit. I and enjoyed the looker side missions
>>
>>27386126
>$0.10 has been deposited into your account.

>>27386109
Battle Frontier is one of the biggest causes, but the actual list of problems people have with the game runs a lot deeper than that. Overall, ORAS is just a pit of wasted potential and laziness.
>>
>>27386176
This
>>
>>27386109

>Is it all because of the battle frontier
Yes. I like the games but most people don't because of this. I actually like these games more than emerald. It added lots of new features
>>
>walking along in the game
>suddenly you're pulled aside by Steven
>HERE HAVE A FREE MEGA LATI@S

That made me angry.
>>
>>27386109
The Battle Frontier is the reason Emerald save files have over 200 hours instead of 16-20.
>>
>>27386176
What exactly did they screw up on, other than the frontier? What is this potential it could have had?
>>
>>27386234
Game corner
Safari zone
Delta Episode is complete garbage
Lifted Battle Maison
Way to easy, even without exp share
World felt small with 3D
No Emerald features like Mirage Tower
>>
Let's go slow

>Too Easy
>Teleports
>Granite Cave Simplified
>Free Mandatory Mega Legendary
>Game Corner Removed
>Safari Zone Nerfed
>Contests Nerfed
>Blender Removed
>Perfect Blocks
>Free Perfect Contest Pikachu
>Mirage Tower Removed
>Sky Pillar Simplified
>Battle Frontier Removed

That's off the top of my head.
>>
>>27386176
Then tell me why it is "wasted potential" and laziness. Nobody ever gives reasons they just scream WASTED POTENTIAL. Literally everything can be defined as wasted potential because you can think of something that they don't have. If you're going to use that argument then at least tell me something reasonable they could've done.

>>27386126
I agree with this, but I think it is more of the 2nd gen babies than 4th gen. HGSS gets praised so much here, but I don't think they even added as much stuff as ORAS did. Not to mention the level distribution was still fucked. I mean I still love HG like I love all the games, but it doesn't make sense to praise those while hating ORAS.
>>
File: image.png (228KB, 893x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
228KB, 893x1200px
>>
>>27386234
Off the top of my head

No gym rematches when Emerald had teams for them, and HGSS had them
Game Corner
No postgame outside of DE and a copy pasted Maison
Excessive handholding compared to the originals
Pokeblock Minigame
Removed areas from Emerald (Mirage Tower, Desert Underpass, etc) instead of retaining or adding onto them
Safari Zone was made into just another route
Archie and Maxie's final teams were pathetic, though I'm not sure the general opinion on that
New Mauville was nerfed
Granite Cave was nerfed
Contests are easier
No online contests despite how easy it could have been to implement
Sky Pillar nerfed
Battle Frontier, obviously
>>
>>27386126
But ORAS aren't even better than Emerald
>>
>>27386312
See >>27386327
>>
>>27386159
Why weren't RS good with no emerald features?
>>
>>27386391
Because they weren't good period
>>
>>27386320
I liked ORAS, but a lot of this is true.
>>
>>27386255
>game corner
that was because of nintendo of europe you dipshit. no pokemon game is allowed to have the game corner anymore.
>safari zone
what because it doesn't rely on complete luck anymore?
>delta episode is complete garbage
it wasn't really good, but how is adding something worse than nothing?
>lifted battle maison
not sure what you mean by lifted
>way too easy
it's a pokemon game. they are all easy as shit
>world felt small with 3d
that doesn't even make sense
>mirage tower
a pointless tower with trapinch and sandshrew and where you choose the fossil. What exactly was lost from not including that? In fact, if they added something just as pointless people would complain about that being added and call it wasted potential like with the delta episode.
>>
>>27386478
The others being easy means its more annoying when this is easier
>>
>>27386478
>>safari zone
>what because it doesn't rely on complete luck anymore?

If you're going to call it a Safari Zone then you should make it like every Safari Zone before it. It's supposed to be hard to find and catch the good Pokemon there. With the DexNav you can literally pick out the Pokemon you want like you're at the grocery store.
>>
>>27386478
>HGSS made something new
>HGSS made something new
I'll give you that, but there were plot holes everywhere. The looker story was far serpeior
>lifted
It's also the only gen to have the only one postgame facility in every game of the Gen
>way to easy
I mean between the new movesets and new forms available, this game is comparably easier than RS
>Mirage tower
I was using that as an example as stuff in Emerald not included. There's more
>>
>No X/Y Pokemon at all to catch

They've probably done this before, nevertheless, it's so annoying and dumb.
>>
>>27386767
That's not true though.
>>
>>27386109
>>
>>27386767

First, that's wrong. Second, XY is literally the same generation. Just trade over.
>>
>>27386255
>Game corner
>Safari zone

After replaying gen 1, I can say that these are the gayest shit ever concieved. There is no real strategy or input, only rng. But it's """"hard"""", so any critisim is met with "GIT LE GUD XDD". What a fucking racket.
>>
>>27386767
So much to hate ORAS for, then you're completely wrong

>>27386859
Hey, they're not my favorite things in the world, but it they probably are someone's

Also mixing up gameplay is (almost) always good
>>
File: forced mauville warp.png (915KB, 572x1295px) Image search: [Google]
forced mauville warp.png
915KB, 572x1295px
>>27386109
>It's a remake

And it's not a very good one. Not only does it exculde 90% of Emerald's additions, but it cuts content from RS.

Also, some of the additions to the game hurt it rather than help it, like the gift Lati@s you're forced to take five badges in when it was originally one of the hardest Legendaries to capture in the game, or pic.

This game would have gotten better reception if it WAS an original game, most of the hate it gets is specifically BECAUSE it's a remake that doesn't live up to the originals.
>>
>>27386859
Fuck you for this post. Why take out features for no reason?
>>
>>27386126

I mean, that's not true, but whatever you say.
>>
File: Hoenn Safari Zone Guide.png (33KB, 918x319px) Image search: [Google]
Hoenn Safari Zone Guide.png
33KB, 918x319px
>>27386859
>There is no real strategy or input
>>
>>27387058
>HURR UR RONG CUZ I SED

Thank you for proving my point
>>
>>27387075
Why take out features for no reason?
>>
>>27386478
>no pokemon game is allowed to have the game corner anymore.

And they didn't use the opportunity to fill it with some wonky minigame. It's a missed opportunity to add a fun minigame that could have removed the gambling aspects and be completely in line with the age rating.

>what because it doesn't rely on complete luck anymore?

Because they removed everything special about it. Sure, it was luck-based before, but let's be honest, catching pokémon is so easy and dull having some pokémon that aren't caught as easily at least creates some variety.

>it wasn't really good, but how is adding something worse than nothing?

When what they add is fucking terrible, adding said thing is bad. Delta Episode is, quite frankly, the worst thing I've ever played through in a pokémon game. Since you're really "forced" to play it, yeah it's bad.

>not sure what you mean by lifted

They didn't even bother to reskin it to a tower to suit better with the original. It's a carbon copy from XY (then again, the same happened in HGSS, but at least there they copied five facilities and not just one). It screams of lazy and/or rushed games.

>>27386859
I have never played Sinnoh game corner, the post.
>>
>>27387085
Oras has better minigames than game corner and safari zone isnt a feature. its artificial difficulty. meme harder, faggot
>>
File: 1457072262450.jpg (38KB, 258x254px) Image search: [Google]
1457072262450.jpg
38KB, 258x254px
>>27386126
I've played since red release and had the most time on gen 3.

ORAS was an absolute disgrace of a remake and this has to be bait, emerald does a better job of revisiting hoenn than the remake 10 years later.

Also HG and SS did a mind blowing remake and the standard should be at least that, ORAS just didn't even bothered to include so much shit.
It's not just battle frontier, it's the removal of features that made gen 3, feel like gen 3 like ash collecting.
It's about not also adding things that were in that gen 3 on emerald.

It''s about not also adding ALL the XY stuff and the few that were added were just simple copy pastes.

It's about not even adding worthwhile new stuff, the camera was the same ruby sapphire camera which was a huge amount of wasted potential, you can't see the new 3D hoenn because it's basically the same shit with just a bit upgraded graphics.
And the stuff they did add are so minor and unfun after the first couple times they're not even relevant.

The only alright addition was wifi secret bases, the game is just a rushed mess and it feels no different than playing emerald or ruby with a new lipstick, people want remakes to see what the old games could've been now, not to make the old games just feel exactly like the old games.
>>
>>27387112
>And they didn't use the opportunity to fill it with some wonky minigame.

Except it does have other minigames, you dense retard. did you even play it?
>>
>>27387122
>accuses other of memeing
>uses the phrase "artificial difficulty"
>>
>>27387122
>has better minigames than game corner
such has ?
>>
>>27387112
>Since you're really "forced" to play it
You are not.
>>
>>27387122
Artificial difficulty in a game that's incredibly easy isn't necessarily a bad thing. Doesn't justify removing safari zone.
>>
>>27387131
You should probably clarify that they ruined ash collecting, not removed it, before you get angry replies of "ASH COLLECTING IS STILL IN THE GAME YOUR ENTIRE POST IS WRONG BECAUSE OF THIS ONE THING" since it technically is in the game, just in a much worse state than in RSE.
>>
>>27387122
>better minigames
What did he mean by this
>>
>>27386109
>Leafgreen and Firered
>Better than Yellow
>Soulsilver and Heartgold
>Better than Crystal
>Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
>Worse than Emerald
That's why
>>
I stopped playing the game when they gave you the free mega lati@s for no reason, as if the game weren't easy enough already
at least you "only" had a free mega lucario in XY
>>27386929
>pic related
When does it happen ? I don't remember that
>>
>>27387149
It's the only way to unlock the Battle Resort. Saying you aren't forced to play it is like saying you aren't forced to beat the Elite Four, you can just run around the region collecting Pokémon after you get your eight badges.

>>27387186
>When does it happen ?

Right after you beat Norman and get Surf. Even though there are three different paths to get to Mauville that have unique areas you couldn't reach before, and the shortest is "go east to Oldale, take the new Route 103 shortcut, go up cyling road to Mauville" they decided they needed to put a mandatory warp to Mauville.
>>
>>27387142
If you actually played it, you would know. but i'll tell you any way
>super training
>tile puzzle
>berry picker
>head it

>>27387139
arificial dificulty is a real thing, gaylord.
>>
>>27386109
There is a lot of water near the end (although until reached the final stretch I thought everyone was exaggerating)

Dive should have been a unique battle condition like flying battles

Most of all a lot if the team decisions sucked. Redesigning Aqua and Magma = Great
Pokemon variation= Shit

Should have fought Wally more or teamed up with him to beat a team. Needed more Roselia.

Latios side part could have been an additional quest. Ended abruptly/area pointless.

Gym leaders team should have been in vain of Emerald. ESPECIALLY against the Twins.

Juan optional fight would have been neat.
>>
File: received_1042475555843123.jpg (20KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
received_1042475555843123.jpg
20KB, 500x500px
>>27386306
>Valid criticism ignored
>>
>>27387158
>Artificial difficulty in a game that's incredibly easy isn't necessarily a bad thing.

t. Safari Zone warden

>>27387166
minigames that have skill instead of luck faggotry
>>
>>27387236
Because we already know these and the only people that defend ORAS are people that started on gen 6 or people that just suck game freak cock every day.
>>
>Emerald is debatably one part of /vp/'s holy trinity of Pokémon games
>ORAS doesn't have some of the most loved Emerald-specific features even if it has different new features
>/vp/ will undoubtedly hate on the inevitable BW remakes if they include genwun pandering instead of the holy PWT and Join Avenue

/thread
>>
>>27387236
Did you read the thread, you fucking moron?
>>
File: no_please.jpg (173KB, 601x665px) Image search: [Google]
no_please.jpg
173KB, 601x665px
>>27387177
>gen 1 remakes
>better than yellow

Excuse me
>>
>>27387257
Boy, you sound real mature, calling people cocksuckers for liking a game you dont like
>>
>>27387228
I will add though Pokenav was a fantastic idea. It really did encourage me to catch Pokemon. I just wish that took that into account with the rival.
>>
>>27387131
>Also HG and SS did a mind blowing remake

This is wrong on many levels. The remakes did nothing (I repeat, nothing) to touch on the problems of the gen II games. The pokémon distribution, especially by trainers, is garbage, the level curve is genuinely terrible, trainers don't have variety (and don't use pokémon that would suit them perfectly, gym leaders are good examples here). In many aspects, it's worse than the original, which is quite a feat. To cite an example of bad design, they bothered giving Clair a Gyarados, but Morty with his team of Gastly-line x4 doesn't have a Misdreavus at all. Unforgiveable.

I love gen II, and the reason I do so is not because the aforementioned reasons. It's because when they released, they added so many changes, new features and stuff to try out. It made numerous small changes that made the game so much more better to play.

They did some neat stuff in HGSS (pokéathlon is a favorite side activity of mine, and walking pokémon was decently implemented for the most part), but it was the new pokémon and features that made gen II really great, not the (rather major) flaws it had. HGSS retains the flaws, but doesn't really add much to compensate. What we're left with is a remake that has some charm with decent visuals and nice features, but doesn't really go out of it's way to make a truly better experience from the central mechanics.

>>27387137
Case 1: ORAS has x minigames without game corner

Case 2: ORAS has x + 1 minigames with game corner. That mini game is one I haven't played before, like super training or amie.
>>27387226
You're not suggesting those minigames are in any way exciting? I had enough of them in XY, I want something NEW. You now, something like voltorb flip

>>27387149
I, for one, would actually like to access the resort. To do that, it's required. Might as well say you're not forced to do the E4.
>>
>>27387208
You don't want to use the Battle Maison anyways, what do you care?
And no, you *aren't* forced to beat the Elite Four. You ARE forced to catch Rayquaza when you reach it. Learn the difference and stop with the hyperbole.
>>
>>27387289
You're not suggesting that slot minigames are in any way exciting? I had enough of them in rb

See, i can do it too, gaylord
>>
I'll tell you why people hate it:

They thought it was an emerald remake when it was clearly a RS remake. That's all. The games are fine and bring the best feature to ever be in a pokemon game which is the dexnav.

Battle Frontier and Game Corner are useless fluff most people didn't actually bother with. In fact I remember never really bothering with the game corner and just buying as many tokens as I needed to get the reward I wanted.

Battle Frontier had like 1 or 2 fun facilities the others were gimmicks that made them a pain to play. Those two facilities are condensed into the Maison so it's all cool.

Remember you are in 4chan the official meme complaint central of the internet where nothing is ever good enough.
>>
>>27387346
Can you tell me where to find Factory, Pike, Arena, and Pyramid options in the Maison?
>>
>>27387346
>They thought it was an emerald remake when it was clearly a RS remake
what is HGSS for 500$ alex ?
>The games are fine and bring the best feature to ever be in a pokemon game which is the dexnav
opinions
>Battle Frontier and Game Corner are useless fluff most people didn't actually bother with
I agree with game corner but you're just wrong with the battle frontier, it's an extremely popular feature
>attle Frontier had like 1 or 2 fun facilities the others were gimmicks that made them a pain to play
opinions again, gimmicks are fun, if you like usual 2v2 or 1v1, play online
>Remember you are in 4chan the official meme complaint central of the internet where nothing is ever good enough
so having basic expectations for video games now is "meme complaining" ?
>>
>>27387346
Right. Good thing HGSS didn't include things like Eusine being present, the revamp of the dragons den, improved pokegear phone conversations and a battle tower (frontier)

Remember you are in /vp/ the official delusional gamefreak defense central of the internet where objectively terrible games are still good enough
>>
>>27387346
>10 yen were deposited into your account
>>
File: 1465976035494.png (74KB, 228x261px) Image search: [Google]
1465976035494.png
74KB, 228x261px
>>27387226
>only lists minigames that were already in XY
>>
The only thing I dislike about it is the handholding. The rest is amazing.
>>
>>27387226
>features from X and Y are new content
>>
>>27387295
I assume you're a fan of Spec Ops: The Line with that attitude.
>>
>>27387512
>>27387473
>slots were in 4 gens
>no one bats an eye

>4 gen 6 minigames are in one (1) gen
>everyone loses their minds
>>
>>27387546
They were constantly updated you faggot. There were more than just that too
>>
>>27387557
>They were constantly updated you faggot.

OOH, THEY CHANGED THE PICTURES, WHAT A FUCKHUGE DIFFERENCE!
>>
>>27387546
Guys. I don't think this is b8 anymore
>>
I'm not even giving 27387346 a (You) because they don't deserve it, but why do people still use "they're RS remakes :^)" as a valid defense?

In what universe would it ever be considered a good decision to remake the worse version of a game without using the updated re-release as a base? Why would anyone, besides the game devs who know they can be lazier by doing so, ever defend wasting time and effort on remaking a worse version of a game?

What if Squeenix wanted to remake Final Fantasy IV again though it's probably best if they don't considering how atrocious their V and VI PC ports are and they only used the SNES version as a base, without including any of the GBA or DS improvements?
>>
>>27387346
>>They thought it was an emerald remake when it was clearly a RS remake. That's all.
But ORAS has several things that were emerald only, including Deoxys which was also FR/LG

>Battle Frontier and Game Corner are useless fluff most people didn't actually bother with. In fact I remember never really bothering with the game corner and just buying as many tokens as I needed to get the reward I wanted.
Yeah the battle frontier so shit that it made an uproar everywhere.

The frontier that had an entire anime series dedicated to it.
Just because you were a mega casual doesn't means everyone was.
>>Battle Frontier had like 1 or 2 fun facilities the others were gimmicks that made them a pain to play. Those two facilities are condensed into the Maison so it's all cool.
ALL the facilities were fun and different, on top of having a fun overworld, and no, the maison is fucking shit

>Remember you are in 4chan the official meme complaint central of the internet where nothing is ever good enough.
Everyone complained about this AND THEY STILL complain, with a big majority of people outside here calling the games one of the worst entries.

My fucking cousins dropped the game after the third or fourth gym.
How blind can someone be
>>
>>27387575
Uh no

It's like you haven't even touched gen 4's game corner
>>
>>27387581
He's also ignoring the fact that "gold and silver remakes" HGSS adapted almost all the useful/interesting features that were orignally added in Crystal. How people defend games as bad as ORAS is beyond me
>>
File: games.jpg (509KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
games.jpg
509KB, 1024x576px
>>27386109
I skipped Gen III, IV, and V.

Playing X and Y was refreshing, and I enjoyed OR and AS a lot more. I'm looking forward to Sun and Moon.
>>
>>27387598
>Uh no

oh shit, my facts and logic got totes rekt by your TWO FUCKING WORDS!

Oh, w8, thats not how arguments work.
>>
>>27387186

Are you me? This is exactly when I stopped as well.

It was already the easiest game in the series and then it gives you fucking Mega Lati@s just in case
>>
>>27387643
>skipped the best 3 gens
>>
>>27387646
Have you played gen 4's slots?
>>
>>27387643
>skipped two of the best gens with the 3 best games in the series

no wonder you're gonna enjoy the trash that no one else wanted if you just ate shit your entire life
>>
>>27387643
Did go really get you back into the series.....

You'll enjoy them probably, but definitely go back and play the older games 1000x more content
>>
>>27387643
you played the worst fucking games

Of course you're gonna enjoy shitty ones when your last games were 17 FUCKING YEARS AGO
>>
>>27387643
you poor soul
>>
>>27387676
Yes, I have, and its completly, 100% luck like the others. Im glad they died. I dhouldnt have to blow 1000000000 bucks to get a fucking abra.
>>
>>27387730
Ok, so you haven't

learn to English
>>
>>27387730
You do it for Porygon you fucking casual
>>
>>27387643
you skipped the best stuff and played the worst. go back.
>>
>>27387643
They're not bad games period.....

They're just bad compared to the rest
>>
File: 1438650798896.jpg (79KB, 600x535px) Image search: [Google]
1438650798896.jpg
79KB, 600x535px
>>27387643
why
>>
>>27387768
That's literally the definition of a bad pokemon game and the point of the thread
>>
>>27387746
nice ad hom, queer.

>>27387748
no, you spend 9999999999x10^9999999 for porygon
>>
File: plat lol.jpg (35KB, 464x319px) Image search: [Google]
plat lol.jpg
35KB, 464x319px
>>27387675
>skipped the original 7.8/10 too much water and unovabortions
The way the board talks it doesn't sound like I missed much.
>>27387682
>le anti-genwunner response
>>27387690
What content? Trainer battles that are so easy a 7 year old can do them, and engaging "I'm going to blow up the world" storylines? The absence of pokemon I like?
>>27387698
HGSS was 7 years ago, not 17
>b-but that's gen 4--
it's a Gen II remake I bought for nostalgiafagging last year
>>27387715
:^)
>>27387749
>>27387768
Why? People just say "they're the best" and "go back". Defend your opinion at least.
>>27387782
Didn't have a DS.
>>
>>27387804
>what is emulation
also, kill yourself
>>
>>27387643
Why did you buy both versions?
I advise you to try playing Platinum, it's a great game.
>>
>>27387804
This, so freaking much
>the absence of Pokémon I like
It's as if /vp/ WANTS to get rid of Charizardfags and convert them to their Church of Volcarona.
>>
>>27387595
>ALL the facilities were fun

Ehhh, I love the Frontier but the Palace is pretty lame.

>>27387575
They changed in more ways than just that.

Gen 1 just has normal slots with no gimmicks.

Gen 2 adds the small gimmick of certain events happening when you get two 7s that can fuck up your payout, like a Chansey using Egg Bomb to move the reels, and adds an entirely new game with card flip.

RSE adds Reel Time, where you get a number of free plays if you line up enough lightning bolt symbols. Sometimes the reels will slow down during reel time to make it easier to score. It also has a roulette game.

FRLG's slots are identical to Gen 1.

DPPt has an entire bonus game with Clefairy that I'm not going to explain in detail because I haven't played DPPt in a long time so I probably misremember a few things.

I haven't played HGSS's slots or card flip since I'm not Japanese, but from what I can find online they seem to be identical to GSC with the exception of increasing your luck for a few rounds after you get three 7s.

So yes, every game updates the slots, unless they're remakes.
>>
>>27387804
>skipped gen 4
>played HGSS

Wat
>>
File: 1469152639343.png (2MB, 1592x1591px) Image search: [Google]
1469152639343.png
2MB, 1592x1591px
>>27387643
Anon, please go back and play Gen IV and V, and at least play Emerald before playing ORAS.

I'm not going to call you stupid for enjoying XY, but I think the only reason you're enjoying it so much is because you haven't played the series in so long. Things have gotten a lot better since Gen II Gen II is still my favorite for nostalgia though, and XY was a big step backwards from Gen IV and V.

If you're surprised at the huge amount of replies you just got, it's just because we're all worried about you and don't want you to develop bad taste as a result of this.
>>
>>27387804
>emulators
>flashcarts
>3ds cfw
>second hand shops
>used games
>>
>>27387870
>XY was a big step backwards from Gen IV and V.
Wrong. The only games better than XY in these gens were BW1.
>>
>>27387383
Can you tell me where I can find them in Ruby or Sapphire?

>>27387428
HGSS are a different game, you shouldn't expect the same things that's common sense.

I never said the Battle Frontier was bad or that it wasn't a popular feature, I'm saying lots of the facilities where gimmicks not unlike inverted battles, and the only good facilities are pretty much included and condensed in the Maison.

There was no online in RS that I remember and this is a remake.

You might complain about it being laking in content, but I find it has about as much content as any other Pokémon game, it has the Dexnav which I don't think anyone can refute is something so good it should become a staple of the series.

In the end it did exactly what they said it would, stay faithful to the original with a few improvements. Next time ask them to remake Emerald instead if that's what you want
>>
>>27387902
LMAO
>>
>>27387870
>Someone's not a combination Sinnohvabortion like us! We MUST convert them because their opinion is objectively wrong! Praise Volcarona!
>>
/vp/ is fucking cancer

you're all unable to enjoy things

wipe yourselves off of the earth
>>
>>27387902
>HG/SS
>BW2
>platinum
>>
>>27387907
See
>>27387581
>>
>>27387909
Accept the truth, nigger.
>>27387918
BW2 sucked, it was a huge flop compared to BW. Platinum was better than DP but it was forgettable as fuck. HGSS is a fucking remake, and not that good desu.
>>
>>27387951
It's the highest selling 3rd version
>>
>>27387951
>BW2 sucked, it was a huge flop compared to BW.
how?
are you serious?
It's better in pretty much everything

>but it was forgettable as fuck
no it wasnt
how the fuck was the entirety of giratina forgettable
>HGSS is a fucking remake
...and?
>and not that good desu.
HG/SS are not only the best remakes we had, but one of the best games in the main series.
>>
File: Gym Leaders and Elite Four.png (1MB, 3308x1566px) Image search: [Google]
Gym Leaders and Elite Four.png
1MB, 3308x1566px
>>27387912
What part of "Gen II are my favorite games for nostalgia reasons" didn't you see?

>>27387804
>Defend your opinion at least.

Not any of the people you replied to, but Platinum and BW2 have a metric ton of content. Underground, the Gen IV Frontier (which isn't as good as Emerald's Frontier but it's much better than Gen VI's Maison), Pokéstar Studios, Join Avenue, the PWT, and Sinnoh and Unova both have a sizeable chunk of areas only available after beating the E4.

XY are also the easiest games of an already easy series, to the point that it's boring. Platinum and BW2 aren't exactly hard, but compare Pt and BW2's challenge mode to XY in terms of Gym Leaders and E4.

This part is completely subjective but Sinnoh is a god-tier region compared to Kalos and both games have much better music than XY's.

XY have a ton of flaws that I could go more in-depth about but it wouldn't do much good to say them when you don't have the context of the entire franchise, so I just want to focus on these major aspects. I know Pokémon games are all too expensive, but you should at least emulate them.
>>
>>27387999
My bad, but why the fuck would people worry about someone having alleged "bad taste" about a series of children's monster games? Not everyone needs to be converted to /vp/'s newgenner hivemind.

For the record, BBVW are my favorite games and B2W2 are my favorite canon ones, but I'm sick to death of Unovabortions shilling them and trying to purge anyone who likes XYORAS.
>>
>>27388033
>but why the fuck would people worry about someone having alleged "bad taste" about a series of children's monster games?

Because it leads to posts like >>27386126 and >>27387346
>>
>>27388058
And what the hell is wrong with posts like that? If anything, the "anti-Gen VI thought police" post >>27387870 is more poisonous.
>>
>>27387346

>ORAS apologists

literally worse than Valvedrone and Blizzdrones combined.
>>
This goddamn thread reminds me of SmashFAQs circa 2015, where you were legally required to worship Donkey Kong and hate Sakurai and Fire Emblem because Smash 4 had more generic anime swordsmen in it instead of Holy Emperor K. Rool.
>>
>>27388098
>>More poisonous
>I'm not going to call you stupid, but I think...

But this is better?
>Because most of the posters here grew up with gen 4, and they feel threatened by the fact that ORAS is better than HGSS.
>>
>>27388140
>smashFAQs

Kill yourself
>>
>>27387998
>how?
Removed the best part of BW, which was only new pokemon in the main story. New plasma was horrible, team galactic tier compared to the old one, additions like black city, the online street I don't remember its name, PWT, etc were lackluster.
The sequel thing looked like a good change from the "third version" paradigm, but it turned out to be a different game, without the innovative feel of its predecessor and with excessive pandering to the fanbase. Overall, a step back.

>giratina
That's a single legendary, in a game with more than 10 of them. There isn't another game where I simply forget gym leaders and E4 members because they're such empty and stick figures like DPPt. The only good character they nailed was Cynthia IMO.

>HG/SS are not only the best remakes we had
hahahahahahah
Firered and LG were much, much better remakes. HGSS didn't improve on Gold and Silver except for the obvious graphical and battle mechanic features. It just added gimmicky shit and useless stuff, meanwhile the game still has the same problems that make gen II such sufferable and horrible games in the gameplay department.
>>
File: 1446223672341.png (95KB, 351x269px) Image search: [Google]
1446223672341.png
95KB, 351x269px
>>27388140
>SmashFAQs
>>
>>27388165
>can't Remember the games, clearly it's the games fault

>what is the distortion world

>FRLG were much better remakes, because HGSS didn't change its flaws

Wut
>>
>>27388146
>"If you're surprised at the huge amount of replies you just got, it's just because we're all worried about you and don't want you to develop bad taste as a result of this."

who the hell cares, it's just one guy's opinion
>>
>>27387999
>Sinnoh is a god-tier region
Holy fuck, come on. "Get an HM slave" the region isn't a good region, and how one would think Mt Coronet was a good idea is completely beyond me.
>>
>>27388207
>implying Hoenn isn't one either
>>
>>27388225
Everything hoenn tried to do Alola is doing it better
>>
>>27388205
>nothing is forgettable, you just have to remember it
How dense are you?

FORGETTABLE
F O R G E T T A B L E
Not memorable, plain, bland
>>
>>27388206
Literally what is wrong with that

He was being very polite and saying that why he "thinks" that way
>>
>>27388207
>Get an HM slave" the region

That's like every region except for pre Unova. You can't really bash Sinnoh for having a lot of HMs with out also bashing Kanto, Johto, Hoenn for it as well
>>
>>27388241
>nothing is forgettable
Nothing should be in an argument. It's not that, I didn't like this game, and that's fact that it's awful

>ignores the other 2 valid complaints
Seems legit
>>
>>27388243
Being concerned with some anon developing "bad taste" (i.e. preferring Gen VI /vp/'s sacred cow games) is just wrong.

Trust me. I had a semi-stalker on SmashFAQs who kind of behaved that way towards me for waifu-ing Lucina on King K. Ridleytards: The Board.
>>
>>27388280
>Telling him to play other games that he hasn't before forming a full opinion

>smashFAQS
KILL YOURSELF
>>
>>27388207
HMs are objectively better roadblocks than "We're dancing for no reason." or "Come back when you have four badges."

And Mt. Coronet is god-tier. I literally cannot understand why it triggers so many people, Mt. Coronet to Snowpoint is the longest trek in the franchise, and that's a good thing. Would you rather every path be a short, straight line to the next town like Kalos? Is that really what you consider good game design?
>>
>>27388332
It sure as hell didn't come across that way, rather "play other games because we want to stop you from liking Gen VI". The poster should have phrased it better.
>>
>>27388280
>waifuing Lucina
>waifuing a man
>>
>>27388278
Distortion world is great, but I can't see what you mean by the last thing. FRLG was great because it's Kanto corrected, while HGSS is Johto in new colours, basically.
>>
>>27388280
You deserved it, Cordelia is objectively better in every way.
>>
>>27388367
Not him, I never played FRLG, what did it "correct" compared to HGSS?
>>
>>27388373
You could be right about that.
>dat red hair
>dat voice
>dat personality

The problem was being an animu waifufag on a board where you were required to worship quirky cartoon animals and atmospheric music, so Cordelia would have been the same thing.
>>
>>27388353
What?
>but I think the only reason you're enjoying it so much is because you haven't played the series in so long
>>
>>27388367
What did FRLG even do
>>
File: 1412182991320.gif (2MB, 278x156px) Image search: [Google]
1412182991320.gif
2MB, 278x156px
>>27386109
>you guys are acting like it was supposed to be a whole new game.

Actually no, I'm acting like it was supposed to have at least as much content as Emerald. Which it should.

Sure soaring and dexnav is cool, but random Legendaries are fucking lame. Free Latis are lame. Delta Episode was lame. Teleporting was lame. No game corner replacement, no Mirage Tower, dumbed down Sky Pillar and Granite Cave, and no Battle Frontier in the first gen where breeding competitive mons is actually feasible. It's such a fucking waste.

It's only improvement was new megas and gen 6 mechanics updates, which were wasted on a lack of content as I said, and the game held your hand harder than ever. There was no excuse for such a piss poor remake AND generation ender.
>>
Even without the battle frontier, there's barely anything to do postgame. Legendary hunts are a given in every single game, the delta episode took all of an hour. At least Diamond and Pearl had an additional island to explore. Black and White had a whole half of a region.
>>
>>27388453

no gym leader rematches also*

such a missed opportunity with megas and shit. what the fuck were they thinking?
>>
File: 1446395624565.jpg (97KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1446395624565.jpg
97KB, 640x640px
>>27388453
>extra content doesn't count if i don't like it
>>
>>27388488
What the Delta episode?

Is that a good story? I loved Emma, but that story is the worst story in Pokemon history
>>
>>27386126
Pretty much this
>>
>>27388488
>extra content
>legendary pokemon in a pokemon game
>latios and latias in Hoenn
Stop the fucking presses

The only thing your post actually pertains to is delta episode being lame. The rest of his post is detailing things that were cut like game corner and sky pillar.

Quit being a GF dicksucker.
>>
>>27388488

>randomly spawning legendaries and a half hour fetch quest are more content than a robust challenge mode spanning hundreds of hours

Sure, if you prefer eating shit ORAS is just fine.
>>
File: 1462935110118.png (135KB, 242x257px) Image search: [Google]
1462935110118.png
135KB, 242x257px
>>27388514
>>27388521
>>27388527
I can feel the mad from here. If they just included the battle frontier (which is shit besides like two facilities) you'd shut your goddamn mouths.

The only thing that they fucked up on is not having gym leader rematches.
>>
File: 1449037657736.jpg (26KB, 410x330px) Image search: [Google]
1449037657736.jpg
26KB, 410x330px
>>27388527
Don't forget all those random Legendaries are locked away from online, unless you have a friend willing to Streetpass you daily while you both play ORAS (and it would take months since Legendary spots aren't guaranteed to spawn), which would be unlikely after everyone's moved on to later Gens. So it's really just going to be the Delta Episode as postgame after 3DS online shuts down in a few years.
>>
File: 1467849533939.png (1MB, 1280x1360px) Image search: [Google]
1467849533939.png
1MB, 1280x1360px
>>27388225
toot ur flute m8 :^)
>>
File: 1405024298162.jpg (260KB, 900x948px) Image search: [Google]
1405024298162.jpg
260KB, 900x948px
I only liked one thing in ORAS which was zinnia and she was stuck on a shitty episode.
>>
>>27386306
As much enjoyment as i had, this
>>
>>27388562
Yeah, considering how fucking expansive the battle frontier is, I would have genuinely been happy with only that.

At the very fucking least there could've been some kind of alternative content. It's quantifiable as a difference in pure amount of content.

https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=7150
https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=21324
There's a 20 fucking hour difference.
>>
>>27388562
They also fucked up on being the only Gen to have the same postgame facilty in every game
>>
Soooo is no one else gonna mention how 3ds cartridges have way more memory than anything during the gameboy advance era and that game freak had no excuse for not adding anything from back then or am I alone?
>>
>>27388615
So surf/dive/waterfall are all excusable?
>>
>>27388600
Don't forget all those event items you had to physically trade for!

>Azure Flute
>Member Card
>Secret Key
>Oak's Letter
>>
>>27388625
The ironic part is ORAS even had more Pokemon
>>
>>27388660

HMs could be better handled, but they do add a feeling of adventure and your Pokemon having a fucking purpose outside of battle. It's not like you need optimal sets for story mode anyway. Plus reusable TMs let you easily swap moves in and out as you need them.
>>
File: 1435028841413.png (377KB, 900x516px) Image search: [Google]
1435028841413.png
377KB, 900x516px
>>27388695
Aren't those all event items, not postgame?

If you want to count Mirage Spots as special events like Darkrai/Shaymin/Arceus I guess you could, though I'd find it weird, but that means you can't count them as postgame, which makes ORAS even more shallow from that perspective.
>>
>>27386109
>Acknowledge there's literally no excuse for shit like the Battle Frontier
>Consider the games the most disappointing in the main series
>Don't consider them total garbage but still decent even if what they could've been would be amazing
>Honestly think Emerald isn't as great as this board says at all.

So where do I fall?
>>
>>27388777
The truth, they're just decent games at best.

Which is not enough.

Also trips of truth.
>>
>>27388777
Like me, I think the games could have been pretty good, I hate fags who say the game is great and has equal game play content
>>
>>27388777
Sounds like you just don't like Hoenn, which is fine.
>>
>>27388777
Emerald is alright but I still think HG/SS and BW2 are way superior.
I played gen 3 to death.
>>
>>27388798
Actually I love Hoenn as a region, but RSE level-up movepools really piss me off sometimes and ORAS' wasted potential hurts a lot.
>>
>>27387428
This is all subjective fuckhead
>>
>>27388822
>He fell for the BW2 is good meme
>>
>>27389027
Let the thread die faggot
>>
>>27388777
This is me too. And a very sensible opinion I think. They're not better than Emerald, but not worse than say, FRLG. Probably equal to them.
>>
>>27389046
Go eat a dick
>>
>>27386109
Because they're fucking retarded.
/thread.
>>
>>27389056
Come up with a more original insult faggot
>>
>ORAS had random legendaries

What? None of the legendaries except Cresselia is random, they all have a condition that needs to be met in order for them to appear
>>
>>27387581
oh, you mean like the DS remake which didn't took the GBA additions into account ? this fact is the main reason I didn't even bother playing it again once I whiped the final stag of the final boss.

nice try.
>>
File: 1469236685958.png (228KB, 358x408px) Image search: [Google]
1469236685958.png
228KB, 358x408px
>this thread

Did anyone else just lose hope for gen 4 remakes not being disappointing?
>>
>>27386109
I completely agree. After the shitfest that was X and Y, I had a really good time playing a game that felt like x and y were supposed to in terms of mechanics and far surpassed it in story, even if it wasn't original. I don't care about post game, I'm just waiting for Sun and Moon.
>>
>>27389520
>gen 4 remakes
Oh god no. Literally who wants that?
>>
>>27389520
I lost hope in 2014.

The scariest part is there are people on this board who would defend it if they only based it on DP and ignored everything from Platinum.
>>
>>27386109
>Is it all because of the Battle Frontier ?

Fucking yes, and if any of you cucks say otherwise, you're being a denialfag.
>>
>>27390115

The only reason I could see them not doing it is because you can still play them on a 3DS, but I can also see them doing it because transferring from Gen 4 to Gen 7 is going to be a huge pain in the ass.
>>
>>27390373
One of the Latitwins being shoved into your party with its megastone is other thing.
The game was already easier, and the hand over a 600 BST Pokémon that can go Mega out of the window. I found that insulting.
Sure, "you just can't use it", but be serious, they put that in the middle so "the kids will lose interest and get back to their smartphones!".
>>
How is sky pillar gimped in oras
>>
Aside from Defog, all the HMs present in Platinum were fine. And im sure they'll remove the need for Defog altogether in the remakes
>>
>>27390467
In the original it had a Mach Bike puzzles. For some reason they didn't want to code pitfalls into ORAS so they removed them, as well as the pitfalls in Mt. Pyre, which is why it's only four floors (with nothing on the top floor) instead of six.
>>
>>27386306
This is actually valid. Here's a (You).
>>
Because its not an updated Emerald.
>>
>>27386306
>>27392302
/thread
>>
>>27386109
Playing Omega Ruby for the first time now.
I've literally been skipping every fight I can because my pokemon would be overleveled and unfun if I didn't. I can't even imagine how bad it was would if I used exp share.

It has a TON of pacing issues while carrying over the horrible need for multiple HM slaves that the originals had. I seriously fucking hate HMs and Ruby Sapphire were the worst games for them.

I've never played after game content except for the stuff in FireRed LeaftGreen so I obviously don't care about battle frontier or whatever.

>>27386859
I had the timing for the original slots down so well that I could win 90% of the time. I got all my friend's their porygons. It was fun for me. I don't really miss the shit, but I'm a bit miffed that Europe ruins everything again.
>>
people just like to complain about shit. It gives them a superiority complex, making them feel like they're better than people who enjoy it
>>
>>27386255
>world felt small with 3d
This right here. Ever since 3d the games have felt smaller in scale. At first I thought it was because we had rollerblades to make things faster, but ORAS pretty much confirms it. There just isn't a sense of scale anymore. The new games seem to have bigger people. While old games could feature character sprites in 1 square, the new games can't, and because of that the scale of the overworld suffers. Also it seems to me that GF has fucked up random encounters in grass because of this. And it's not just that, but also the "shortcuts" you can take through them. Nature is a big part of Hoenn as a theme, so to be able to skip entire wild encounters in places like Route 119 really subtracts from the feel the original did.
>>
Battle Frontier is the only reason I even played Emerald. What does ORAS have to offer to someone who gives zero shits about Hoenn?
>>
>>27386109
cant play dressup with a brown girl in it.
>>
>>27387289
>The remakes did nothing
You saying they didn't doesn't mean they didn't. You can get every gen 2 Pokémon that isn't Houndour or Murkrow before the E4.
Also
>level curve
>major problem
>but things like Pokéathlon are minor
Every time.
>>
>>27387643
>Skipping Emerald, Platinum, and B/W/B2/W2.

Shit taste confirmed.
>>
>>27387595
>My fucking cousins dropped the game after the third or fourth gym
Hey, same here! My brother dropped it after he beat the story cause I forced him to at least get a Groudon for my dex. Funny thing is he played the fuck out of X and SS, but also dropped B2.
>>
File: 1398820631766.png (67KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1398820631766.png
67KB, 500x500px
>>27386109

They were good games. Not the best in the world, but they were good games.

It's just really cool and hip to hate on anything new nowadays, especially on /vp/. It's a shame, really.
>>
>>27387177

The fuck FRLG is better than Yellow, or even Red and Blue Which are built on the real third version.

The reamakes are obnoxiously slow paced compared to RB and didn't even come close to capturing the feel of those games. They play better battle-wise, I'll grant you that, but they just don't feel like Red and Blue. The game is beautiful, and clean but it lacks the a lot of the soul.

They're the games where this hand holding shit began being mandatory and we'd never escape from it too.

And I don't mean to sound like a genwunner here, it's not even close to my favorite gen, but the games just didn't really capture the feel right. They play incredibly awkward. Honestly I do really want Gen I remakes though so that Kanto can actually get a good game.

HGSS are great remakes but they failed to fix Johto's level problems. There's just a lot of stuff to do and following is cute so it's easily forgiven. Unlike FRLG there's no awkwardness to them. They tried to be their own thing and they were better for it.

ORAS didn't pull from Emerald to help fix problems that were already sorted out and that is a problem. I think they're fun but flawed games. They kind of feel like the middle ground. Faithful, but not TOO faithful. The thing is the divergences really were for the worst. Especially the hand holding.
>>
>>27386109

Or was pretty good, AS was shit though
>>
>>27390636
Which is even weirder considering they actually DID program pitfalls in the Sootopolis Gym.
>>
>>27388637

HGSS has the Sinnoh frontier copy and pasted into it though.

And it's praised for doing so.
>>
>>27393530
>gen 4 games
tower -> frontier -> froniter
>gen 6 games
maison -> maison
It's really self explanatory. The frontier is an upgraded version of the tower. As the maison doesn't have an upgraded version, it feels lazy to put it in ORAS. The hate really isn't from the fact that it was copy/pasted from Kalos, it's that there wasn't any improvements on it. Notice how so many problems would be fixed if there was a third version of the Kalos games
>>
>>27393165
Where do you get Larvitar? Did they add it as a Safari Zone Pokémon? Because as much as I am a proponent of the Safari Zone in general, I'm not that big on HGSS's Safari Zone, you pretty much need a guide to get what you want.
>>
>>27393412
>The remakes are obnoxiously slow paced

But Gen 3 is super fast compared to Gen 1 and 2 just by the addition of the run button.
>>
>>27388165
Need I remind you that Platinum was the first game to have respawning Legendaries?
>>
>>27390467
>>27390636
Gee wilikers, maybe because it might just impede the only good part of Delta Episode where you learn a lot about the lore with the frustration of trying to climb Zinnia's Wacky Ladder Funfest while perfectly maneuvering through the place with a bike you're not told you needed.

I honestly feel ORAS had the best soundtrack (My least favorite battle music is actually the Johto-Kanto remixes). All the legendary theme remasters are magnificent, especially the Primal.
>>
>>27393607
Remember when HGSS copied Platinum's Frontier, Anon?
>>
>>27393943
Remeber how gen 4 already improved the battle tower

And how gen 6 is the only game to have the same building in every game of a gen with nothing else
>>
>>27393412
>They play better battle-wise, I'll grant you that, but they just don't feel like Red and Blue. The game is beautiful, and clean but it lacks the a lot of the soul.
you're nitpicking so hard but not even giving any examples. frlg's music is worse i'll grant you but that's it. sprites, environments, no overpowered types, etc. are all better in frlg. not to mention sevii islands
>>
>>27393936
I don't like ORAS that much, but that sound track is pretty great

The game could have been pretty good, I blame Maudsa giving no Dev time with a smaller team
>>
>>27393936
>removing gameplay for lore when Game Freak can't write remotely well

And I personally don't care for a lot of the soundtrack, though most of them aren't that bad on their own, just weaker than the original RSE version.

Like Ever Grande City is a good example; the original's main melody is very clean and accented and every part of the song is distinct (as in you can easily pick it out just casually listening to it), the bells are loud and cut through the song when they play, and the trumpet section about a quarter of the way in the song that, has a nice contrast with everything else with how relatively smooth it was.

ORAS reduced the clarity with all the harmonic strings they added to the song, changed the beginning of the song to a less accented trumpet melody, softened the bells, and replaced the trumpet part mentioned in the last paragraph with more bells, removing that good contrast, though it might not have helped as much because everything in the song is a lot smoother compared to the original.

The changes to the beginning wouldn't be as large a deal if they played the trumpet like they do in the later part of the song; the trumpet replaces the latter half of the song's melody just like the beginning, but they made it about as accented as the original's melody in that part. The other changes just make the whole package not as good as the original.

Again, it's not like the arrangement is bad to listen to on its own, I'm just comparing it to the original. I feel there are a lot of songs in the game that I could pick apart like this, and while you probably see this big wall of text as nitpicking, these little things just add up when you've listened to the original songs so many times.
>>
>>27394092
I should also add to this post that there are of course arrangements that I do like better than the original. I think the Dive theme translated fantastically to ORAS' sound engine, Littleroot is great, pretty much every area before Route 104 is pretty good actually. I also think the original songs made for the game like Zinnia's theme work well. I just wanted to throw that out there before someone thinks I'm being too negative.
>>
File: wooper.png (2KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
wooper.png
2KB, 200x200px
>2012
GIVE US HOENN REMAKES the hoenn confirmed meme roots
>2016
THE REMAKES SUCCC KILL THEM NOW! the sinnoh confirmed meme blasts up
>>
File: Picture5-22.png (173KB, 978x726px) Image search: [Google]
Picture5-22.png
173KB, 978x726px
>>27393943
As someone who likes ORAS quite a bit, nobody complained about HGSS copy pasting Platinum's Frontier because it was fucking fantastic and wasn't stale.

That being said, I am okay with it not being in ORAS because the Pokemon-GL is effectively it's replacement and its much better. In a perfect world we would have both but I understand that we don't live in a perfect world.

These threads always make me wonder what people actually WANT in their Post-game Pokemon. You want a story? People openly shit on Delta Episode. You want extra Pokemon to catch? DexNav expands quite a bit in the late-game, and there are tons of Legendaries to capture. You want to battle with interesting rules? The Pokemon-GL has tournaments featuring non-standard rulesets very frequently. The only answer is that you fuckers can't be satisfied. If HGSS or Platinum came out today I am sure you would be livid. ORAS aren't perfect but its definitely the most complete suite of features we've had in a Pokemon game to date.
>>
Honestly, they're just kind of boring. Things really start to fall off once you hit Mossdeep if you aren't already bored to death before. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten to Mossdeep and just restarted because I hated my team or just wasn't motivated to play anymore. The problem isn't ORAS though, Hoenn is so dependent on HMs especially towards the end of the game it's a fucking slog to get though.

Also they're easy, and not like regular pokemon games but like extra easy
>>
>>27387262
>BW remakes

implying that's going to happen when BW2 exist
>>
>>27394624
BW3 when?
>>
so which is worse, ORAS or XY
>>
In my opinion oras was babbyfied and underwhelming, but I don't hate it, if I hated it I wouldn't have spent 500 hours playing it
>>
>>27388435

Make the Kanto adventure actually fun to play as opposed to badly pixelated mess with bugs up the ass with a horrible interface.
>>
>>27386478
You can just bounce on the Acro Bike without using up any steps in RSE.
>>
>>27394685
XY, easily.
ORAS is still good, some people are just disappointed by them.
>>
>>27394270
PGL isn't a feature to hype though. It's already announced to be killed off this October so from that point on ORAS will be bereft of any challenge.
>>
>>27394462
I feel. I was trying to do a mono grass run for the first time, but just got so bored by Sootopolis I took a couple level 100s from Bank and just sweeped through the League + Delta Episode so I could play against other people instead.
>>
>>27386109
>all of the problems the originals had
>pokemon variety is dogshit until you get the national dex which is given about 3-4 gyms too late
>delta episode was braindead easy and very lackluster
>>
>>27394092
>>27394131
I am a big music guy who knows no technical terms, but I know what I like to hear, and you're right.

ORAS < RSE. Not even nostalgia, something about older game music and mastering. You ever compare Kingdom Hearts music with the orchestra remastered soundrack? No punch. Songs that don't need huge punch? Twice as beautiful.

All the battle music of Hoenn, which was flamboyant and bursting with power with the trumpets, is....not. At all. It's not impossible to make a good 3DS score or to remaster an older song on 3DS and not miss the energy. Etrian Odyssey.

It's not like they can't. Listen to Deoxys's theme. It sounds like someone just got better equipment and played the GBA native files until the weak strings kick in, and it actually works for once since you're in outer space.

I'm sticking to my guns with the Primal theme/Rayquaza theme, though. It's great.

I sincerely hope they do the whole crossfading the original music thing again.
>>
File: 1468336380839.png (147KB, 700x659px) Image search: [Google]
1468336380839.png
147KB, 700x659px
>>27387177
>Leafgreen and Firered
>Better than Yellow

>Soulsilver and Heartgold
>Better than Crystal
>>
>>27398231
EO's remastered battle themes are fucking shit, with a lot of other stuff being questionable too.
>>
>>27394270
>the Pokemon-GL is effectively it's replacement and its much better
>one time tournaments that you can never access again after they're finished are better than a set of facilities you can go to any time
Thread posts: 233
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.