[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did you stop, or never did watch the Anime, /vp/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 16

File: faggots.png (2MB, 1818x1080px) Image search: [Google]
faggots.png
2MB, 1818x1080px
Why did you stop, or never did watch the Anime, /vp/?
>>
>>27384023
Because is garbage
>>
Stopped during black and white around the pokemon league.

I'm was getting too old for this shit and it just didn't interest me.
>>
>>27384023
Too japanesey
>>
>>27384035
basically this. It stopped being good after Sinnoh then went to shit in Unova, got a bit better at the beginning of Kalos, but as soon as they started the retarded mega greninja shit naruto autism, I dropped it for good. Nothing in the show makes any sense anymore
>>
>>27384070
Its garbage since johto
>>
>>27384048
>I'm was getting too old for this shit and it just didn't interest me.
This is exactly how I feel about YGO now.
>>
I tried to watch the anime a while back but it was just kind of boring for me.
>>
It's boring
>>
File: caitlin.png (196KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
caitlin.png
196KB, 750x750px
>>27384070
>retarded mega greninja shit naruto autism
>>
Endless, repetitive, boring, poorly animated, and too merchandised.
>>
Because ash is still the protagonist
>>
>>27384023
Because I stopped watching TV and couldn't be assed to download Best Wishes of all things.
>>
>>27384023
Most The gen 6 anime fans are cringe worthy. It prevented me from watching it
>>
Anime is for basement dwelling neckbeards. Especially one that is specifically made for little kids as a glorified ad for the videogames.
>>
>>27384035
>>27384195
These.
>>
3...more...weeks....
>>
I've never really been a fan of never ending TV shows.
>>
I stopped watching like, the first episode of johto, when that bitch's newly obtained chikorita beat pikachu.I got really mad and stopped watching. I didn't miss much because when I checked back later, it was literally the same cookie cutter plot of "meet the pokemon of the week, team rocket captures it, and they go blasting off again" for hundreds of episodes after that. Diamond/Pearl seemed to improve a bit, as it had some cool fight scenes on youtube, but it seems like most of it was the same cookie cutter team rocket plot still, but with some stupid as hell contest episodes thrown in. I started watching some of XY though, because ash seems more competent than ever now.
>>
File: 52752906_p0_master1200.jpg (1MB, 1200x836px) Image search: [Google]
52752906_p0_master1200.jpg
1MB, 1200x836px
>>27384023
I watched all of Kanto and Johto those two are my childhood. When Hoenn happened i was starting to grow out of Pokemon so i never watched more than 5 or 10 episodes. Came back to watch SInnoh because i discovered the Games and cause it was pretty good , I stopped there. BW was shit and XY is more of more of the same with a lot of bullshit too.
>>
>>27384023
Too repetitive and formulaic. When every other episode is filler, usually Ash and company meeting a CotD and their Pokemon, then something bad happens(usually TR) and then Ash saves the day and the whole thing is forgotten the next episode it gets boring fast.
>>
>>27384023
I stopped when I wasn't a kid anymore. I can still enjoy the games but I can't do the same with the anime.
>>
I sincerely don't get how anyone older than 12 can enjoy it. It's so... boring. It's the same shit every goddam episode.The battles have gotten better in XY but that's it. It doesn't have any substance.
>>
File: 640.jpg (29KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
640.jpg
29KB, 640x360px
I don't need to watch a toy commercial when I already have the toy.
>>
I binged watched until the Battle Frontier and I think Ash got a new voice actor and I had to call it
>>
>>27384023
I still watch a new episode every week because I have nothing better to do, but I haven't truly enjoyed it since the Sinnoh League.
>>
Because I grew up.

Just because the games are fun for all ages doesn't mean the anime is. I don't understand how anyone over 12 could enjoy the show, honestly.
>>
>>27384851
man, I wish I was a NEET piece of shit so I could say shit like this
>>
>>27384219
This, I'm not 10 anymore.
>>
Too much focus on aesthetics, not enough on animation and inbetweens. The drawings are very detailed but they're combined with animation fundamentals that go back to the era of limited animation and the two don't mix.
This killed the anime productions as the 90's drew to a close.

The original voices are also far too screechy to the ear.
>>
>>27384887
It's just 20 minutes every week. If you don't have that much free time you should just look for a job that doesn't make you a fucking slave.
>>
>>27384023

because we all grow up, and the anime really sux...

love the Red one tho
>>
>>27384961
>spending my free time doing something I don't enjoy

>because I have nothing better to do

if you have that much free time I suggest you find a career
>>
is ash the worst anime protag ever conceived
>>
Cause TrAsh is such a fucking amateur, and I just can't stand the same Team ROcket bullshit EVERY. FUCKING. EPISODE!
>>
File: Pokemon DP.gif (484KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon DP.gif
484KB, 500x278px
>>27384851
DP is the Peak of the Pokemon Anime. Hope SM delivers
>>
>>27384195
>it's bad because of the fanbase
Fuck off
>>
Stopped during Orange league. I was a kid and the orange isles weren't in the game so I didn't give a shit.
>>
File: 1449619052039.jpg (8KB, 417x352px) Image search: [Google]
1449619052039.jpg
8KB, 417x352px
>>27384023
I've always hated the anime, especially when i would turn on cartoon network wanting to watch some Ed n Edd n Eddy and this crap would be on. Pissed me off so much. Also nevermind the fact that whenever a new pokemon movie comes out CARTOON NETWORK PLAYS THE SAME MOVIE 12 TIMES I DON'T WANT TO WATCH POKEMON RANGER AND THE TEMPLE OF THE SEA REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>27384965

Origins was bad. It was too short so it just kind of skipped around a bunch of major plot points in the game, and focused on the most random shit.

Red wasn't a relatable protagonist because we just kind of skipped through so much of his personal journey in favor of some random shit.

Yeah, let's dedicate an entire episode to the Cubone subplot while skipping over 2 entire gyms and his Charmander evolving. What?
>>
>>27384023
Never stopped watching the dub. Watching it since '98 till present.
>>
>>27385054
How do you feel about their XY dub?
I watch dub too but haven't even watch the XY dub yet
>>
>>27384023
Dropped it at XY episode 60, but started watching again during XYZ.
>>
>>27384988
It's something I've been doing for over 15 years, and despite being boring and childish, I never found the anime bad enough to just drop it. Or I simply didn't muster the strength to give up on it after so long.

And thanks, but I already have a decent career that allows me to waste my time on weekends watching shitty chinese cartoons. I need money to buy merch of said cartoons after all.
>>
It's not the worst thing in the world and I prefer watching it over moeshit anime garbage nowadays.
>>
>>27385139
is this stockholm syndrome?
>>
>>27384023
I stopped because the plot was getting to repetitive. It was always repetitive but around Hoenn it got really tiresome. I basically only watch now for Gym Battles and Tournaments.
>>
>>27385226
No, just a classic case of someone liking something shitty.
>>
Bonnie is the worst character. She is so fucking annoying
>>
>>27385226
More like sunk cost fallacy

Or anon just sees the anime as junk food, its not that great but you eat it because its there.
>>
>>27385272
Bonnie is literally the only good thing about XY.
>>
>>27384023

because they cry too much for me
>>
>>27384023
It became generic shounen shit. I liked the semi-SoL feel to the Hoenn and Sinnoh sagas and you just don't feel that with the Kalos saga. Also waifufags didn't help XY(&Z)'s case now that they included a shitty romantic subplot
>>
>>27385360
>you just don't feel that with the Kalos saga
Why though? It has the same amount of cutesy filler stuff, but it really does feel more "serious" (and boring, if you're not into flashy battles with tons of explosions) than previous sagas.
>>
>>27385420
Because XY Ash isn't dopey like he used to be, which is what was fun about him before. DP got it right with him, he was a very competent Trainer but was still kind of an idiot at the same time.
>>
>>27384023
When May came on to the show was around the time I stopped watching television, I've gotten some Dawn DVDs and those are good. The rest of it looks great
>>
>>27385532
this. thats why i don't like xy ash.
>>
>>27384023
>Why did you stop, or never did watch the Anime, /vp/?

When they stopped broadcasting it on public TV where I live, the last series they broadcast here was Advanced Generation I think, I never watched the anime series tied to the Pearl/Diamond generation
>>
>>27384023
When I was a kid I wanted to play the video games instead. Now I still want to play the video games instead.
>>
I watched occasionally but stopped around Best Wishes, especially after I found out the Team Rocket vs Team Plasma episode wasn't airing

I want to watch XY but I haven't bothered
>>
>>27384023
Because I stopped believing it'll ever get good, it always misleads that the things are getting better just to take a dump on the fans.
>>
>people
>in real life
>unironically
>actually
>have watched a 10 year plus running 30 minute advertisment
>>
I stopped because the new anime is...boring for me...too repetetive nothing new all cliché
>>
>>27384023
Ash Greninja

Fuck that noise
>>
>>27384023
Because it's fucking terrible.
>>
>>27385827
>not watching detective conan
>>
>all those plebs who haven't watched XY
>most just dropped it in BW and didn't even bother to watch XY despite everyone saying it is better
I pity you. You're missing out amazing battles, funny and endearing characters, actually well-written episodes and Ash being the best trainer he's ever been.
>>
>>27385902
>amazing battles, funny and endearing characters, actually well-written episodes and Ash being the best trainer he's ever been.
Hoenn and Sinnoh leagues were way better
>>
I can pretty much guarantee you the anime has most of the same flaws as the games do, save for anything having to do with being a game. This isn't a series that is known for it's gameplay, so what gives?
>>
>>27384197
nahhh, it should be replaced by garbodor.

I would laugh my ass off when seeing little kids throwing garbage at each other
>>
>>27384385
100% this, though I can't vouch for XY.
>>
>>27385920
If Ash is reported to win the Pokémon league, then I'll actually believe you in your statement that Ash is a competent trainer
>>
>>27385976
He'll only win because of Ash-Greninja's endless asspulls, so it doesn't mean shit
>>
Couldn't tell you. I watched the first like 40 episodes almost religiously, used to set my VCR to record them before I went to school.

But sometime after Ash got his 8th badge I just stopped. I remember he like went home and just sat around doing nothing. Like fucking really? To this day I've never seen him take on the E4 and considering he doesn't win I see no reason to.

But mark my fucking words - The day that Ash becomes the champion, I WILL watch this series from beginning to end. Because that's what everyone's waiting for, goddamn it.
>>
>>27385976
Was for >>27385902
>>
The voice acting literally makes me cringe. It's so bad.
>>
>>27386015
He's technically a Champion already because of the Orange Islands, but even if/when he wins an official league (probably the Kalos one) that doesn't mean he'll become a Champion like the ones we have in the games. The League works differently in the anime.
>>
Because it's dumbed-down retarded shit for kids.

Why do you like shit that is clearly made for kids?
>>
I grew up and stopped being interested in a 20 minute commercial
>>
>>27386122
This
>>
Is Ash in the pokemon league yet?

I dropped the anime after they changed the english dub voice actor, but always come back and watch it when he gets to the pokemon league since I can see some of his old team.

That guy with the legendaries and fag with Lucario were such bullshit.
>>
>>27384023
Stopped watching in gen 4. It was just a total rehash of gen 3 with less interesting mons and more focus on the contest girl. Dawn somehow managed to be more obnoxious than Max and May combined, and 90% of the showtime that wasn't about Chimchar was about her.
>>
I stopped before it even got to Johto the show is fucking awful. Annoying main character, annoying support characters, predictable and formulaic plot. What the fuck is the appeal?
>>
>>27386157
Pokemon brand i supposed
>>
>>27384023
Why haven't anybody made a "hate on the anime"-general on this board yet? Since there are a lot of people liking the anime, it has a general. And since this thread is being made every day, there must be enough people who either dislike the anime or want to annoy the people liking the anime to justify a general for it.
>>
>>27384023
Didn't like the anime as a child. Which is odd because I always like watching fantastic creatures fight. Guess I was just a Digimon child
>>
File: PMD2.2.jpg (735KB, 1000x897px) Image search: [Google]
PMD2.2.jpg
735KB, 1000x897px
Because it focuses on a bunch of humans, which is easily the least interesting part of the franchise.

By the way, this game had a few anime episodes, and unlike Origins they were loads better than the real one.
>>
>>27386138
>Is Ash in the pokemon league yet?
Yes
>since I can see some of his old team
but he's not using any of his old pokémon
>>
>>27384023
Because Iris was a retard. Calling ash a little kid every episode was just ridiculous
>>
>>27386347
You should watch XY then. Everyone sucks Ash's dick and says nearly every episode just how amazing he is.
>>
>>27386256
>but he's not using any of his old pokémon
That's disappointing. If I'm seeing this right, Ash only caught 5 pokemon in the entirety of X and Y?

I would hope for more variety of pokemon at least, but say some webm of X&Y battles so at least they'll be good.
>>
Tried rewatching from the beginning during uni break, show was a clusterfuck and didn't match the games. First couple of episodes were gold though.

Did it ever get better in this regard? If not any of the movies any good?
>>
>>27384023
I grew up, and when I tried rewatching it I realized it was shit and kids are stupid.
>>
>>27386455
His current team is Goodra, Noivern, Hawlucha, Talonflame, Greninja, and Pikachu. I think bringing pokemon from past seasons is kind of pointless since XY seems like it's disconnected from past seasons in a way, since there aren't many callbacks or references to them.

I guess if you want to see the good battles you can watch the Clemont, Olympia, the second Diantha battle, and the Alan battles. This season's battles are the best animated of the show by far.
>>
>>27385272
Worse than Max? I didn't think that was possible.
>>
I watched a bit of Advanced Generation and the DP episodes as a kid
Never got too into them as I preferred playing the games. The show was just kind of there. I always liked watching the movies more anyway

Watching the Kalos episodes now, though. The writting is dumb as shit, but the battles are cool
>>
>>27384070
>Nothing in the show makes any sense anymore

makes more sense than your gay buzzwords.

And the indigo saga
>>
File: dplkzoyksgfrbig.jpg (66KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
dplkzoyksgfrbig.jpg
66KB, 1024x768px
Since best girl is ded
>>
File: 50.png (370KB, 810x878px) Image search: [Google]
50.png
370KB, 810x878px
>>27384023
I gradually started getting out of it during Hoenn with my 2cool4skool phase where Pokémon was for babies, dropped it almost entirely after they changed all the dub voices (I say almost because I would have it on in the morning before leaving for school I was a freshman in high school, not underage, before anyone claims).

Decided to come back when I heard how they changed Team Rocket's outfits to black and made them actually competent for once, watched a few episodes, and quickly stopped after watching Pikachu lose to a Lv. 5 Snivy and Iris being an annoying cunt.

People say XY's anime is better than BW's, and I believe them, but really the Ashnime is mediocre at its best, and I can't understand people who are still watching it after twenty years when they just keep recycling the same beats every region.
>>
File: dex vs quality.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
dex vs quality.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>27386761

battles
>>
Stopped after Sinnoh which is the pinnacle of the anime.

Best Wishes a shit.
>>
>>27386777
Eh. The choreography has gotten better, but I can just wait for someone on /vp/ to post clips like that or the Megagardevoir one to get the highlights.

Also finished reading the thread, and I agree with another anon that Serenafags help contribute to my not wanting to watch it. I hate waifufags in general, and that XY is supposedly constantly teasing them as a couple sounds like it would supremely get on my nerves after a dozen or so episodes if I watched it.
>>
So we can all agree that Hoenn = Shinnoh > Kanto >Kalos >Johto > Unova right?
>>
File: str vs dex.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
str vs dex.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>27386820
>XY is supposedly constantly teasing them as a couple

It isn't really. Teasing is occasional and superficial, their actual relationship hasn't changed from Serena being a beta thirstqueen and Ash being completely oblivious. It's just shipfags blowing it out of proportion, as with any show.

The main thing is battles
>>
File: 4GcvLc9.jpg (221KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
4GcvLc9.jpg
221KB, 700x525px
God-tier:

Gen 1 & 2 Seasons

Alright-tier:

Gen 3 Seasons

OH SHIT NIGGA WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU EVEN DOING ANYMORE-tier:

All Seasons after Gen 3
>>
File: 1468692666674.png (106KB, 430x290px) Image search: [Google]
1468692666674.png
106KB, 430x290px
>>27384023
>blablabla
>plotplotplot
>TEAM ROCKET
>the end
>>
>>27386777
>>27386903
The animation is definitely good but this Ash Greninja thing is retarded as fuck.
>>
>>27384023
>pika pika, "pika" pika pika?

>squirtle squirtle squirtl, squirtle!
>>
>>27384023
The dub is shit and I can't enjoy something as much if I have to read subtitles. Not understanding the dialogue without thinking limits by ability to take it all in at its fullest.

XY is too shippy and Mary Suey for me to be bothered putting up with subtitles or an awful dub.
>>
>>27386999
>implying this wasn't the best scene in the anime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUgf6YvDN7Y
>>
File: 1428358342864.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1428358342864.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
>>27384070
>Naruto invented ninja
>>
Because it got boring and repetitive.

I stopped watching it at Battle Frontier
>>
File: 1454681463346.webm (3MB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
1454681463346.webm
3MB, 720x405px
>>27386996

Yeah it's great
>>
Go the fuck back to your containment general >>27385154. Its there for a fucking reason.
>>
>>27386820
>>27386903
It kind of really does. They even really pushed it with the last gym.
>>
>>27387683
>bumps a thread just to shitpost in it instead of letting it die off
>>
>>27387683
I was really hoping you had finally killed yourself.
>>
>>27387694

The last gym was thirsty Serena and oblivious Ash. Nothing new.

>girl looks at you longingly
>brofist her

Top kek
>>
>>27386761
I only start paying attention when the league starts. So far this is the most dissapointing pokemon league I've ever witnessed.
>none of ash's old pokemon return
>basically only 2 main battles are given any attention
>Ash wins not because of strategy but because he has an invincible meme frog that he has to rely on now.
Nothing in the XY saga has been worth watching so far. I hope the flare arc makes up for this awful league.
>>
File: image.jpg (119KB, 746x311px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119KB, 746x311px
>>27384035
>>
>>27384385
Ash is definitely more competent, but his oblivious factor was ramped to fucking 1000. Serena has a VERY obvious crush on him and he doesnt even notice
>>
>>27384048
>I was getting too old
>During BW league (around 2013)
You technically gets old for a kodomo anime around 12-13. This means you are underage.
>>
Stopped around middle of Hoenn gen. Mostly because i grew up
>>
>>27384023
I watched the original but the fact that Ash has been be 10 for like 15 years is so immersion breaking I just can't do it.
>>
>>27389079
Underage detected
>>
>>27389109
>tfw I'm 26
fuck
>>
>>27386900
I'd put Hoenn below Kanto desu

Kanto had shitty battles, but back then the humor and character interactions felt a lot more natural, probably because they didn't really care about being potentially offensive to parents and western audiences until Orange Islands/Johto.
>>
>>27385079
not him but im watching the xy dub now and its bad but you get used to it. all the voices are different. /vp/ will tell you to watch the sub but you can get used to the dub itll just take a few episodes.
>>
>>27384023
Lets be honest, the only reason for watching the anime is to see how the game's story and fights are incorporated into an anime format. Most casual viewers only watch league battles, notable rival battles, gym fights, and other fights. So, as you grow up with the show and your standards naturally change, those fights aren't as good for you anymore and you can't watch the fights anymore. Then people drop the anime. That's why you can tell how good somebody's taste is by how early they dropped the anime.
>>
>>27389299

Voices aren't even the biggest problem, it's the dub music ruining everything.
>>
Stopped watching at the Orange Islands because fuck, that shit aint canon.
>>
>>27384023
I stopped watching for 2 seasons. Started back up with XY. Not sure if I'll ever get caught up so much better anime is on.
>>
I actually enjoyed watching ash beging completly incompetent
>>
>>27389494
>watching any other anime besides pokemon
weeb
>>
>>27389611
Pokemon OS
Sailor moon
DragonBall

1st animes I ever watched and still hold an interest in
>>
>>27384885
This sounds exactly what a mentally immature 19 yr old would say. Not all 19 yr olds are like this obviously.

This coming from a 28 yr old.
>>
It's the same shit every single episode
>>
Because at its best it was subpar even for a kids show, and as much shit as I watched back then even I got tired of it.
>>
I turned 12, and realized Ash wasn't ever going to catch them all or become the pokemon master, so somewhere near the end of the first season. Rewatched some episodes recently out of nostalgia, and yeah it is definitely not something an adult should enjoy. Unless they smoke a lot of pot.
>>
>>27389773
>people not caring for a show that anybody over the age of 12 would find boring and predicable if watched on a weekly basis makes them rebellious teenagers
>actually thinking only 19 year old teens think the anime is a waste of time

Yes, me saying that Duplo is meant for young children and you're a weirdo for wasting your time on it as a grown man makes me immature too, right?
>>
>>27389773
You might have a learning disability if the Pokemon anime is anything besides nostalgia to you. I get actual headaches from watching it, because the plot and dialogue is so dumbed down and childish. And I LOVED that shit as a kid.
>>
>>27384023
Ash is not an interesting protagonist.
His back ups are also pretty boring, they should have gone the yugioh route and let misty become bad ass.
Thread posts: 142
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.