[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bug/Water mon revived

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

File: revival_bug_water_mon.png (908KB, 960x568px) Image search: [Google]
revival_bug_water_mon.png
908KB, 960x568px
Since Wimpod was revealed i didn't see anyone there talking about how a new bug/water mon could be useful and not cucked by a bug/fliying evo like the final stage of Surskit did.

Now that i bringed it up, what are your thoughts about this mon? About Bug/Water mix? Is it any good? What kind of potential would have?
>>
>>27383940
>Since Wimpod was revealed i didn't see anyone there talking about how a new bug/water mon
Late for the party, next time come when its revealed
>>
>>27383981
/thread
>>
>>27383981
By that i mean ofc people talked about the new poké but i didn't see anyone talking about how that could be the "revival" of Surskit.
>>
>>27383981
>>27384011
Nice samefag, I guess you prefer more gardevoir shitposting rather than actual discussion. Who gives a fuck about you neet regulars who devoured the info firsthand

Anyways OP I hope this fucker evolves and gets Shell Armor. Wimp Out doesnt seem too promising. Its description also worries me in that itll turn Bug/Poison.

On a maybe related note: Anyone hoping for a scorpion mon? I fucking hate Drapion. It looks retarded and I hate the typing. Its not truly a bug to me, just a mistake.
>>
>inb4 it turns into a Bug/Dragon type
>>
>>27384113
Well, thanks for caring about discussing in this thread, i really hope Wimpod gets a better ability than Wimp Out and mantain its Bug/Water type.
>>
>>27384113
Well, that's not a great opinion but hopefully you'll feel better knowing that Drapion is Dark/Poison! Not a bug type.

>>27383940
It's cute.
>>
File: bug_water_effectiveness.png (19KB, 355x207px) Image search: [Google]
bug_water_effectiveness.png
19KB, 355x207px
>>27384113
Also take a closer look at that snout! at those type efectiveness Wimpod will have they are pretty good overall. Bug/Water mon seems like a good mix, also could rekt Grass types with bug moves. Too bad there are too many Grass/Poison types for him because it would do neutral damage but hey i like the typing overall.
>>
>>27384113
Scorpions aren't insects.
>>
Bug/water has been cucked for long enough, so it better be fucking OU.

Unfortunately if it keeps wimp out to its final evolution, it will probably be pretty bad, it's not a good ability, especially with stealth rock weakness.

Bug/water is good offensively though, especially if it gets some ice moves which is likely. I can't think of any pokemon that resist both bug and water, besides shedinja, and potential ice attacks are icing on top.
>>
>>27384255

When has it been established that bug types are only insects? Even in real life "bug" can colloquially refer to any little creepy crawlie
>>
>>27384113
Drapion is a bro, but a more traditional scorpion would be great.
>>27384255
Neither are wharf roaches, trilobites, horseshoe crabs, tadpole shrimps or whatever else you think Wimpod is based on.
>>
>>27384113
>complains about wimp out
>wants shitty shell armor when it evolves instead

good suggestion!
>>
>>27385371
Shitty shell armor. Which gives you immunity to crit1kal hits... Dood what. Xplane urself.
>>
>>27384297
Empoleon, Poliwrath, Jellicent, Mega Altaria, Dialga, Dragonite are all I can think of that resist bug and water
>>
>>27385416

Since crits got nerfed, they aren't even that big of a deal any more. Unless you are a defense boosting pokemon.

That said, yeah shell armor is better than wimp out, which is actively detrimental. Anything outside of your control is detrimental to you, so an ability that forces you out against your control is really shitty. It's even worse if wimp out activates immediately after going under half hp, or if it's at the end of the turn. Because if wimp out activates immediately, then wimpod will get RAPED by priority, as it won't be able to attack and be forced to come in on stealth rocks
>>
>>27384139
Yeah that's what I was thinking too.

A perfect typing change for the potential magikarp/feebass of this gen
>>
>>27383940
Could be good. But if it is slow and it can't get an attack of before its ability forces it out, it will take damage, randomly sent another pokemon out and finally die because of stealth rock. It will be unviable even in PU.
>>
>>27383940
itll fuck it up and evolve either poison bug or water poison
>>
>>27383940
I remember an anon here suggesting it could be the counterpart to the Vikavolt line (as in, version exclusives).

Let us hope that anon is right, because that would mean a 3-stage bug/water and I'd know which version to pick: the one with Wimpod, I'd guess Moon going by the colors.

I am pretty convinced this is, in fact, true.
>>
File: 1458810655473.jpg (67KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1458810655473.jpg
67KB, 960x960px
>>27383940
So he's definitely going to be a late level evolution/Gyrados of the gen bug.

He will evolve into a super fearless mon and learn the new move Brave Bug.
>>
>>27385775
>I remember an anon here suggesting it could be the counterpart to the Vikavolt line
That's ridiculous. The trailer shows them battling each other. And there isn't any suggestion on them being exclusive on the site
>>
Oh come on guys, it's obvious Wimp Out will be the first stage ability. Second at most, but I've got the feeling this little fella will turn into an interesting critter with a different ability.
>>27385789
That has to be the weakest reason I could possibly fathom for them not to be version exclusives. Do you actually think they use legit game copies to showcase the new mons?

I'd say seeing them together is actually a hint towards them being version exclusives.
>>
I have a feeling the evolution may involve the opposite effect of wimp out. Prehapes when it evolves wimpod turns into something that has its shit together and is actually terrifying. Instead of it being swapped out, it would swap the enemies pokemon out if it hits it below half health. That's my hope anyways
>>
Hope fault it will evolve in a huge ass sea scorpion keeping its typing, which is pretty good. I can see its armor and legs closing to form a scary face which will scares opponents maybe giving it intimidate as its ability
>>
>>27385332
at first glance at it i thought silverfish, which is an insect. i mean its a little short for it, but meh.
>>
>>27383940
I don't care how good it might be competitively; the trilobite is my spirit animal.
>>
>>27385805
>what is archen
>>
>>27385941
I don't know, I feel the two abilities aren't really comparable. Also Archeops has pretty high atk and sp.atk (considering it has both).

I hope you're not right, but in case you are, I hope GF knows what it's doing and will choose stats and moveset accordingly, making it at least an interesting gimmick.

But yeah, it's GF we're talking about.
>>
>>27384111
Actually late for the party, next time come when its revealed
>>
File: 1376594115707.gif (427KB, 200x198px)
1376594115707.gif
427KB, 200x198px
>>27384206
>no x4 weakness
>more resistances than weaknesses

Could this actually be a good type combo?
>>
>>27385805
>That has to be the weakest reason I could possibly fathom for them not to be version exclusives.
That's why I mentioned the site not suggesting that.
>>
>>27386477
a water volcarona
>>
I love it. One of my favs for this gen.
>>
>>27386508
Do they usually mention that this early in the "hype season"? Honest question
>>
>>27386547
Exclusive pokemon are revealed in pairs, so yeah
>>
>>27386734
I seem to recall something like that, so you may as well be right.

But that begs the question as to why they haven't revealed version exclusives yet...
>>
>>27386792
Just be patient. It's only 4 days until the new reveal
>>
File: dwebble.jpg (35KB, 300x272px) Image search: [Google]
dwebble.jpg
35KB, 300x272px
>>27384255
Neither are hermit crabs. I don't think Gamefreak cares.
>>
>>27383940
>cucked

stopped reading here. please find a dictionary and find an actual meaningful verb you fucking newfag
>>
>>27383940
> inb4 it evolves into another bug/flying combo
>>
>>27385939
So Kabuto, right?
>>
>>27387063
Please don't.
>>
Wimp out is not really that bad of an ability. It can be good especially as a lead/anti-lead, his movepool should fit that role too though.
>>
>>27383940
>poison moves
We will get cucked from bug/water evo again I'm calling it now
>>
>>27383940
>Weak to fire
>Strong against fire
what
>>
Wimpod looks like it's going to be hard to capture given it's going to run away when %50 is gone

It's more or less telling you to Status if you want to capture it

or better yet use a quick ball

we don't even know it's capture rate yet, it's probably low as fuck
>>
>>27387353

It's strong against fire assuming it uses a water move

defensively it's going to be neutral to fire since water counteracts the bug weakness

>>27387349
It's very possible, but we had pokemon whose description talks outside it's typing before

Noivern was advertised heavily with Boomburst despite being a Normal type move
>>
I really want this to be the psuedo
>>
>>27387373
I doubt it. Aside from Zygarde and the mythicals every pokémon in gen VI had a catch rate of 45 or higher, which is alright enough for a Quick Ball.
>>
File: 1405809776650.png (371KB, 375x417px)
1405809776650.png
371KB, 375x417px
>>27385805

>First Stage gets Wimp Out, causing it to switch out at half health or less.
>Second stage gets Man Up, causing the enemy to switch out when it's at half health or less.
>>
>>27387994

Keep in mind you couldnt get quick balls in x and y until the second half of lumious city

Assuming Wimpod shows up early, he's going to be hard to catch unless you status

and for all we know, the damage from Burn or Poison will force it to %50
>>
>>27386957
Yet you use "edgy" on a daily basis, the fucking irony, I'm so glad you summer fags will leave soon.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.