[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /vp/ like Gen 5 so much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 9

File: art_isshu_862562[1].jpg (170KB, 1280x807px) Image search: [Google]
art_isshu_862562[1].jpg
170KB, 1280x807px
Why does /vp/ like Gen 5 so much?
>>
Because its good.
>>
>>27381219
Because it was the first generation some of them played (since the average age is about 16 of Unova lovers is about 16) and the rest are just contrarians.

Gen 5 isn't bad but despite owning Black, White and Black 2- I've only finished Black and I've completed pretty much all the games in all the Generations since 3 (I only played Yellow and Silver in 1&2). There are some very poor Pokemon designs (as there are in every Generation but it feels like there are more in Unova) like Garbordor, Vannilish and Klink, the starters are lacklustre, Unova is just a big oval and the towns are pretty bland.
>>
>>27381398
>i'll lead my argument with the underage meme

Fuck off. Many people who started with Gen 1 like Gen 5 because it was a completely new experience--the first time we felt like doing an adventure into an unknown region with foreign creatures.

It's Gen1 pandering done right. Not by seeing a fucking pidgey or zubat for the nth time.
>>
>>27381398
projecting
>>
>>27381414
No, it's because you are a contrarian. It's just a reskin of Gen 1 with worse designs.

>>27381419
So you only read the first sentence? What else should I expect from someone who likes Gen 5 above the superior generations.
>>
>>27381465
So you're actually saying Dugtrio, Magneton, Electrode, Poliwrath, Muk, and Dodrio were all better designs than Klinkklang, Vanilluxe, and Garbordor?
>>
great region and overworld graphics - odd pokemon though
>>
>>27381312
/thread
>>
It was much better than the shitty pokemon of Sinnoh. Sinnoh's starters were slightly better but that was it, all of the designs were just lazy.
>>
>>27381487
yo fuck you dodrio and muk are bros
>>
Because the gens before and after it were very mediocre.
>>
Has among the best designed Pokemon despite the games being pure shit in my eyes.
>>
>>27381465
Are you just one guy spamming contrarian in every thread or are there multiple people who think that means everyone who doesn't agree with them and that it constitutes an argument?
>>
File: youkai_watch_10.jpg (3MB, 3685x2400px) Image search: [Google]
youkai_watch_10.jpg
3MB, 3685x2400px
>>27381398
>>27381465
>>27381487
>shitting on pokemon designs
A reminder to get a load of this and be grateful for what you have
>>
>>27381487
They're all shit design, only the first group you listed manage to be just as shitty without being so stupidly over-detailed. Vanilluxe is one of the most forgettable, generic pokemon I've seen, and what the hell is Garbodor even?

The earlier gen trash pile at least conveyed different types of animals or concepts, all this gen 5 garbage is just household objects turned Pokemon or amorphous blobs of forgettable design.
>>
>>27381551
There he goes again.

You know when someone complains about Ronaldo being a subpar striker at last month's matches, comparing him to a disabled ping-pong player doesn't in any way address the conversation.
>>
>>27381414
>Many people who started with Gen 1 like Gen 5 because it was a completely new experience--the first time we felt like doing an adventure into an unknown region with foreign creatures.
This, exactly.

The Pokemon designs were pretty good, lots of unique typing got passed around, and the all the new Pokemon were really well balanced. There's a few shitters in the bunch, but for the most part, everything was at least inciting enough to give a try.

More of my bros come from Gen V than any other.
>>
>>27381219
>Why does /vp/--
Referring to /vp/ collective opinion is shitposting.
>>
>>27381551
>Compaling about Cheeksqueak when we also have an Assfart skunk
>>
>>27381414
Any one else both appreciate what they were trying to do but hate the designs and general look of the game?

God tier bugs but some of those designs just hurt, fuck those monkeys
>>
>>27381219
A huge number of new pokemon, the most of any gen, and only new pokemon before post game. On top of that there are creative ways to evolve pokemon, like the Shelmet/Karrablast lines and a lot of selection for even rarer types like dragon, ice and fire. Its great for collectors and for multiple play throughs.
>>
>>27381616
Simisage was good, Simipour was passable, but Simisear was just ugly as shit. All their initial stages were perfect though.
>>
File: 1459640208441.png (228KB, 358x408px) Image search: [Google]
1459640208441.png
228KB, 358x408px
>>27381398
>I'll shitpost about a gen I haven't even finished playing
That's like playing only D/P and calling Gen 4 shit. It's still shit, but just an example.
>>Unova is just a big oval
This is the worst anti Unova argument right here. The game, especially BW2, has you travelling in all sorts of directions and places, so much so that the only time anyone remembers it's circular is when they look at map. The route variation is stellar, since there's tons of locked away areas off of branching paths with rare Pokemon, and the routes themselves always have a bunch of shit to do, making revisiting them with proper HMs worthwhile. The only time you're ever travelling in only 1 direction is when you're crossing a bridge.
Going off this argument, Kanto is just one big rectangle, it's stupid.
>>27381465
Oh you're just baiting, nevermind.
>>
>>27381616
I like most of the designs from Gen V, but hate those monkeys.

Main problem is that every other trainer had one. They were really trying to force them.
>>
>>27381414
I have to agree with this. Playing White for the first time was like being 5 years old again and playing Blue for the first time. It was magical.
>>
File: das it man.png (210KB, 316x321px) Image search: [Google]
das it man.png
210KB, 316x321px
>>27381219
>they care about /vp/'s opinion

/vp/ has notoriously bad taste. Gen IV was best, anon.
>>
>>27381641
No shit it won last place in the general elections.
>>
>>27381414
>>27381599
>>27381682

You're not allowed to like fun on /vp/. Please stop.
>>
>>27381557
Garbodor is land pollution, like Koffing is air pollution and Grimer is water pollution.
>>
>>27381652
So you're just a retard who can't read? I said I finished Black but that I haven't finished Black 2 or White because I lost interest at the 6 or 7th Gym in both.
>>
Gen V has the worst starters for sure though, I remember boxing Snivy for the dog.
>>
File: smug cat.png (721KB, 830x987px) Image search: [Google]
smug cat.png
721KB, 830x987px
>MFW playing badly translated rom of it during japanese release days
>trying to get through all the links of bullshit to get it
>>
>>27381557

>amorphous blobs of forgettable design.

You mean like muk and grimer?

>household objects turned Pokemon

You mean like magnemite and magneton?
>>
It's an oval.

Hoenn and Sinnoh are the best geographic regions
>>
>>27381465
>It's just a reskin of Gen 1 with worse designs
That's just plain wrong. Gen I's designs blend together, because there are many similar designs. Three orange Water-typed fish. 8 Normal/Flying brown birds. That many Grass/Poisons. That many Poisons in general. Five yellow humanoid Psychic-types. That many kaiju (seriously, the Nidos, Rhydon, and Kangaskhan might as well be related). That many triangle eyes.

Let's look at Unova. Floating Electric eels. Ground/Electric fish. A Bug/Poison centipede that stands like a horse. Already you can tell that the designs are much more creative.

What you're valuing is simplicity in your designs. What Unova offers is creativity and imagination. I think what you fear is change and challenge.
>>
>>27383796
Isn't hoenn just a vertical square and a horizontal square
>>
>>27384833
Those are called rectangles.
>>
>>27381219
>many of the kids here started with it
>many of the "adults" here were in late high school/early college when it was released, around the time it becomes cool to like Pokemon again
>it has a jrpg-like story
>straight-line region is impossible to get lost in
>all new pokemon was a refreshing idea
>>
>>27384866
Ok.
>>
There's a thousand threads shitting on Gen 5 every day.
What are you talking about?
>>
>>27381219
most of them are underage b& and it was their first game that their mom bought them
>>
File: 1469375071343.png (634KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1469375071343.png
634KB, 1280x1280px
Gen 5 was alright, it gets boring real fast after beating the elite four though.
>>
>>27384972
>pwt
>join avenue
>completing the regional dex and habitat list
>weird but actually fun film studio thing
>white treehollow challenge
>hunt an absurd amount of legendaries

yea total trash
>>
>>27381219
it's their first gen. the average age on /vp/ is much lower than the rest of 4chan
>>
>>27385013
>pwt

Thats the only good thing in that list.
>>
An entirely new Pokedex which meant no matter where you went, everything was a surprise and you didn't know what to expect.

Gym leaders that actually do something aside from stand around in their gyms waiting for you to challenge them.

Some fantastic Pokemon designs. Everyone likes to shit on the garbage bag and ice cream, but every gen has a few shit designs.

Introduced reusable TMs.

No mandatory HMs until post-game.

First region that was based on something other than Japan.

Actually had new places to explore post-game. They may not have been terribly interesting, but I would much rather explore a bland area that's new over a bland area that was stripped of anything cool from a previous game (like Kanto in gen 2).

Plot and characters that were at least semi-decent by Pokemon standards.

Honestly, gen 5 is my all-time favorite and that's even before BW2 came out.
>>
>>27381551
I actually like a lot of those. They wouldn't fit in a Pokemon game, no, but that doesn't mean they look bad.
>>
>>27385177
Don't forget some areas were different between versions. Like opelucid city.
>>
>>27385073
So what game do you consider better then
>>
>>27381219
It's a common phenomena of this board, a mix of vocal minority, contrarianism and kids that had gen 5 as their first games.
>>
>>27385177
this, basically
>>
>>27381219
It's unique
>>
>>27385013
Hope you realize that everything you have listed after the PWT is objectively trash and forgettable, you only missed the Pokemon Musical to make it look even more boring and forgot to mention the Battle Subway that are least was better than most of these other listed, although very slow.
>>
>>27381219
Contrarianism.
The last good games were HGSS.
>>
>>27385283
HGSS, if we're talking about post-game that is.
>>
>>27385283
Emerald, Platinum and HGSS were all better.
>>
>>27381219
Contrary to what many believe it's not because it introduced younglings or whatever but the fact that the board was created because of gen 5 and many that came here played it extensively so they know it inside out.

Basically the people who say it's bad either missed the lead up, skipped the gen or are just flat out being contrarian.
Also this >>27385177
>>
>>27385427
Also this.
>>
>>27385177

>muh new pokedex full of disappointing discoveries and forgettable regional shitmons

>le gym leaders are supposed to do something in my honest opinion meme and make one clichè scene a la "le epik love and friendship unity wins against the ebil"

>some fantastic designs that sadly were the minority

>reusable tms
Solid point although they should have done it since at least Gen 4.

>muh lack of HMs
and?

>muh new non japanse region
yes, and?

>new places to explore post game
it was only favorited by the gen 4 2D overworld new design approach but i guess it still counts, the dive quest was pure trash, so much hype for some shekels

>edge plot #783251
>>
>>27381219

My favorite part of pokemon games are post game, and BW2 nailed post game.

It has my favorite music.

It has the most new pokemon introduced since gen 1, if not surpassed gen 1?

Annoying Caves/water routes and HMs were kept to a minumum, but not completely castrated like XY did.
>>
>>27385392
>>27385427
Johtards and Sinnohshits.
No wonder you think they're bad.
>>
>>27385492

Also my favorite type is bug, and gen 5 was paradise for bugs
>>
>>27385504
I'd rather be both those things than a unovabortion.
>>
>>27385545
It's a wonder why johtards and Sinnohshits like you enjoy lower quality games.
>>
It had a fresh feel with tons of only new pokemon for while.

It had an alright region despite being a bit too linear.

It had BY FAR the best endgame.

While it was retarded how you unlocked it, there was a hard mode.
>>
>>27385490
>reusable tms
>gen 4
>>
>>27385566
Not them but at least they don't have niggers and fags in those games, and aren't able to count every visible pixel from those fucked up animated sprites and shit cameras.
>>
>>27385566
There's nothing of good quality from gen 5 except some of the pokemon designs.
The PWT was just a glorified battle tower with less variety.
I'll take a battle frontier over it anyday.
>>
>>27385602
>reading comprehension
American education.
>>
File: 1468821728799.png (365KB, 442x580px) Image search: [Google]
1468821728799.png
365KB, 442x580px
>>27385566
>lower quality games

You dont really believe that do you?
>>
>>27381219
Because Sinnoh was so fucking bad that made Unova look cool
>>
File: 1448752463281.jpg (24KB, 222x298px) Image search: [Google]
1448752463281.jpg
24KB, 222x298px
>>27385604
>and aren't able to count every visible pixel from those fucked up animated sprites
Instead they can count every visible pixel on the overworld, you know the place you spend most of your time.

Not to mention perspectives that make the character look like he's floating.

>>27385624
Don't kid yourself, gen 4 was the gen of mass removal of legitimate content and downgrades.
Hell it's so bad that the whole Gen 4 battle frontier and more is contained within the PWT.
>>
>>27385618
Gen 5 shills are curious, they do spout genwun and nostalfag buzzwords yet love the PWT which basically fits all the previous accuses. Once you point this they will claim they love BW more than BW2 but BW is pretty much the flop that forced GF to release actual game sequels to fix and make all the outraged fans happy as a public apologize. Also tend to forget how Gen 5 was also that one game that has begun the mobile pandering with mini console games such as typing adventure and dream radar and other side games that despite not being released for casuals also didn't really leave good impressions to the public.
>>
>>27385618
>The PWT was just a glorified battle tower with less variety.
What?

>Mix
>Rentals
>Type
>a ton of legacy tournaments
That's more variety than the previous BF.
>>
>>27385665
Gen 5's overworld was pixelated as well.
The overworld, the menus, the sprites, everything about those games were just ugly.
>>
>>27385768
>Gen 5's overworld was pixelated as well.
Only if you're playing it out of the native resolution, which I'm guessing is the case for you.

>The overworld, the menus, the sprites, everything about those games were just ugly.
And they're still some of the best in the series.
>>
File: 47[1].png (10KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
47[1].png
10KB, 256x192px
>>27385768
Oh and it still didn't have things like this
>>
I think i was a cool idea to have only the 156 new mons in the first game,it was fun to discover them and trying them in battle,i think i used every new pokemon i catched,it was the gen with most fun i had after RSE.

Oh,the region was pretty good tho.
(The only region i dislike is Kalos desu...)
I don't know it was a pretty fun game overall i don't know why people whine to much about it.

But this fanbase whines to everything anyway,when SM comes out they will probably whine about some stupidy like always they do.
>>
>>27385799
>it was the gen with most fun i had after RSE.
That's understandable, RSE added about 130 new Pokemon or so.
>>
>>27385821
Not only that,the game is charming as hell,
I really liked the 130 new pokemon of RSE at the time,so i was pretty exited to trying them all and i changed a lot with my friends,i would love to see that times coming again,but i don't think its ever happening again.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.