[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/heg/ - Hacking and Essentials General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 56

File: Future__Essentials.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Future__Essentials.webm
3MB, 640x480px
▀▀▀
[ROM HACKING]

Notable ROM hacks: pastebin.com/hMRJR8KX
Getting started on your own hack: http://pastebin.com/fjGZfMzP

Gen 4 - 6 Hack Tools:
http://pastebin.com/WvTzcdPR

▀▀▀
[ESSENTIALS]

Essentials Engines:
http://pastebin.com/G5PdvaGD

Essentials Wiki: http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Essentials_Wiki
RMXP Tilesets: http://www.mediafire.com/download/sd99pug37y4v4se/Ziddy%27s+DS+Style+Tilesets+RMXP+.rar
http://imgur.com/a/CiudS (WIP Gen 5 tiles)

▀▀▀
[SITES FOR SHARING GAMES]
http://www.pokecommunity.com/ (better for ROM hacks)
http://reliccastle.com/forums/ (better for Essentials games)

Working on converting this into Essentials-friendly script.
>>
BLACKED
>>
>>27376285
??
>>
File: 1adachi.png (30KB, 129x119px)
1adachi.png
30KB, 129x119px
Anyone know what to patch Hyetology to? When I patch it to trashman's emerald it says the ROM is invalid. Same happened with discovery, I wonder what rom these guys used?
>>
Asking again, because new thread.

Is the guy who is working on the game where you evolve mid combat and a bunch of stuff still here?
>>
>>27376367
Yes, that's me.
>>
>>27376381
Oh cool, how is it progressing? Last I saw a few months back you said you were working on something playable (I think).
>>
>>27376381
Are you in essentials or romhacking? I'd be super impressed if it was a romhack, holy fuck.
>>
>>27375877
I think that's the talking sink fetus from Silent Hill PT.
>>
File: Kyogre.webm (294KB, 1152x480px) Image search: [Google]
Kyogre.webm
294KB, 1152x480px
>>27376405
That game won't have a demo for a while, but I just finished my "Right Screen Device" called the "PokéTab".
I've been working on riding pokemon and soaring lately.

>>27376423
It's Essentials, but I'm working to lessen any graphical differences.
>>
>>27376539
Holy shit man, that's amazing looking.
Regardless of story or level design it's already laying a lot of groundwork on a tech level.
>>
>>27376658
Yeah, I'm primarily focusing on mechanics, until they are stable enough for the demo.
Story, maps, and stuff like mega designs are all still paper for now.
>>
>>27376689
Wait, are you implying you'll be making your own megas as well?
>>
>>27376746
Yeah, the cannon megas are still in, but additional megas will be added through "Meta" evolution.
It's essentially the same thing, except it requires the pokemon hold a different an item that isn't exactly a Mega stone.
All pokémon that Meta Evolve use the same single item to do so.
>>
>>27376787
I dig it. Keep up the good work!
>>
So Ive never really dabbled in this, but can I get a ROM hack to run on an Android phone. Do I need to root it to do so?
>>
>>27377046
No. Just use a GBA emulator.
>>
So if I already have mGBA, do I still have to download vba-m because the rest of the things I have to download for the romhacks won't work with it?
>>
If I want to play an emerald hack that implements the physical/special split but don't want the split is there any (easy) way to reverse it?
>>
So if you didn't know, my game has the typical eight gyms, but each one represents a type combo and can be challenged in any order.

They way I plan on balancing this is having a specific minimum level and party each gym can have based on number of badges.
For instance, after obtaining your first badge, the lowest difficulty the second badge can be is level 20 and three pokémon, assuming the player only has less than three pokemon and they are all under level ~18.
If the players team has the same or greater amount of pokémon than the minimum, an additional one is given to the gym leader until both teams have six.
If the player has pokémon of a certain level with them, the gym leader will have pokémon of a certain amount of levels higher than that.
Also, the gym leader doesn't have a set party, but rather a pool of six pokémon that the computer selects based on their advantages against the player's team.
Fun?
I'm pretty certain my gyms will be:
>Normal/Ghost
>Bug/Psychic
>Fire/Steel
>Poison/Sound
>Dark/Fighting
>Grass/Rock
>Ice/Ground
>Dragon/Fairy
There's also a Water/Electric facility in the style of the Fighting Dojo from Kanto.
There's also a Flying type trainer that I don't want to spoil yet.

Does this seem to stay balanced gameplay-wise?
Clearly level scaling will prevent trainers from beating gyms too early, but will allow for some exploration in such a vast region.
I'm also going to make sure player's can't progress through the story just by running through all the towns.
Wild encounters work in a similar fashion. Their levels are reliant on the player, but the player can't progress on most trails without obtaining at least some badges to unlock field moves/abilities, the mechanic that replaces HMs.
>>
File: pokemon-NeoXY-Logo.png (105KB, 393x208px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-NeoXY-Logo.png
105KB, 393x208px
Should I get this?
>>
>>27376271
Is is just me, or does the download link for the 'nameless tile map editor' do nothing?

http://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=48847&d=1250111947

When I click it, it just loads an empty page and downloads nothing.
>>
>>27378793
Looks even more fun than the vanilla game. The mega stone held items were a nice idea imo

>>27378859
If you would all mention the dead links in specific detail, I would greatly appreciate it. I'll go through and make a condensed more reliable download once I can pinpoint which ones are down without going through downloading literally everything just to make sure. I really want all the links in the OP to be relevant.
>>
>>27378793
FUCK no, Neo XY is trash.

Try Eternal X/Wilting Y, it's much better.
>>
>>27378773
Sounds way better than the alternative. I'm really happy you're being creative and pushing boundaries with this
>>
File: Deadlinks.jpg (18KB, 393x158px) Image search: [Google]
Deadlinks.jpg
18KB, 393x158px
>>27378900
This is the order in which I did things:
- Went through the 'Getting started on your own hack' link: http://pastebin.com/fjGZfMzP
- Downloaded all of the listed materials from line 5 though 15 of the pastebin.
- On line 12, went to the link http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=149454
- Attempted to download, clicking on all three circled objects in pic related
- All lead to a dead link: http://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=48847&d=1250111947

All other links and downloads worked correctly for me.
>>
File: starsapphire.png (120KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
starsapphire.png
120KB, 500x250px
>>27378932
Why is it trash though?

Guess I'll look in what you recommended though.

Is pic related good though?
>>
>>27379068
I don't feel like going into super detail since I was about to head to bed, but to condense it, it has really bad type changes (I once looked through the entire thing and like half the type changes were making random Pokémon Psychic/Dark/Fairy, and it had shit like Fire/Ice Delibird just because Delibird is red) and it also changes the story to something edgy as shit. Diantha and the E4 are a martial law dictatorship and Team Flare are freedom fighters, one of the first things you see in the game is your mother talking about how drunk on vodka she is, etc.

I actually want to do a full playthrough with /vp/ just to showcase the cringe, but I'd never play it looking to get enjoyment.

Star Sapphire is tight though. It's balls-hard though, so only play it if you're looking for a super difficult hack.
>>
>>27379119
Well damn that sounds pretty shit. Might just get it for the cringe then.
>>
File: 1434556910988.png (108KB, 211x241px) Image search: [Google]
1434556910988.png
108KB, 211x241px
Are any hacked pokemon games better than any Gamefreak official games?
>>
>>27379119
>I don't feel like going into super detail since I was about to head to bed, but to condense it, it has really bad type changes (I once looked through the entire thing and like half the type changes were making random Pokémon Psychic/Dark/Fairy, and it had shit like Fire/Ice Delibird just because Delibird is red) and it also changes the story to something edgy as shit. Diantha and the E4 are a martial law dictatorship and Team Flare are freedom fighters, one of the first things you see in the game is your mother talking about how drunk on vodka she is, etc.

I retract my previous statement.
>>
>>27379190
Define better.
>>
>>27379190
If Dray ever stops working in Valve time and fixes all the bugs, Sacred Gold and Storm Silver >>>> HGSS.
>>
>>27379190
Sacred Gold and Storm Silver were almost perfect. The one flaw I have is altering the plot of the radio tower and having Giovanni show up to fight you. I thought it was really jarring. I ended up completing the Pokedex in SGSS. Incorporating the Arceus event was hype as fuck.
>>27380621
Only bug I had a problem with was the garbled text in the Miltank farm, but HGSS is already glitchy as hell. Decrypting the rom does wonders for it though.
>>
>>27380821
There's also a couple of double battles with garbled text, you can encounter missing no. by fishing in the route after Goldenrod at night, and I've had a few freezes in the custom events. Pretty sure the freezes were because I was playing on a flashcart though, so it's understandable that Dray missed those.
I liked the Giovanni battle, but it definitely could have been implemented better.
>>
>>27378773
That looks really good, I just hope that it doesn't force you to capture and only use "that one pokémon that's good against the gym" or that you give enough diversity and choice so everybody doesn't end up with the same team to beat the game.
>>
>>27382615
No, I'm not for forced gift pokémon, and diversity is a huge part of the game.
Every Pokémon will be available in some way over the three regions.
>>
>>27376539
Are you going to add the gen 6 and 7 mons?
>>
>>27383631
Yep, and all additional mons will be downloadable as DLC.
>>
>>27383933
How are you planning on implementing this?
>>
>>27379190
Well, the difficulty ones usually are if they`re made by someone competent (EX/WY, RR/SS, almost anything Drayano, etc)
Besides that, I wouldn't say any hacks are particularly, but I've played a few fan-games I liked more than most official games, such as Insurgence, which is fantastic in the gameplay department. You just have to ignore the story, especially in the portions added in 1.1
>>
>>27384013
Essentials compiles Pokémon data on every run. There are several downloading scripts and I've successfully downloaded sprites and text in-game.
>>
>>27384064
How many new mega evolutions will their be? I would like to see mega victini, unova starters, and mega Emolga
>>
>>27376271
Bump
>>
>>27384107
Not sure yet
I'm focusing on creating megas that open up new niches and use of mechanics like terrains and support moves.
I've designed 30 or 40 megas, but they only ones I'm sure of being included in some way are Ledian, Magcargo, and Talonflame.
>>
>>27384304
Can I give you some ideas?
Mega ledian
Huge power
Hp:55
Attack:95(+60)
Defense:70(+20)
Sp.attack:55
Sp.defense:110
Speed:105(+20)
>>
>>27384348
It's more like
Bug Fighting
Levitate PokéBody
Quadexterous Ability
55-Hp
15-Attack
70-Defense
85-Special attack
150-Special Defense
115-Speed

Quadexterous makes punching moves hit four times.
>>
>>27384395
How about a little more attack? With 15 attack his punching moves will still do nothing
>>
File: IMG_20160727_114013160.jpg (789KB, 2243x3486px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160727_114013160.jpg
789KB, 2243x3486px
>>27384722
Four Hits is like a free +6
Here are some calcs:
>252+ Atk Ledian Drain Punch vs. 76 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 328-386 (96.4 - 113.5%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
>252+ Atk Ledian Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 146-174 (43.7 - 52%)

It's really powerful offensively (god forbid it gets Swords Dance up), but frail defensively.
For instance,
>252+ Atk Ledian Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Snorlax: 266-314 (57.7 - 68.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
but snorlax will survive and
>252+ Atk Snorlax Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ledian: 219-258 (87.2 - 102.7%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

Same goes for Skarmory, who easily OHKOs with brave bird, but takes ~60% on a thunder punch.
Also, Talonflame and rocks.

There are few cool sets it can run outside of four elemental punches, like
Moonlight/Swords Dance
Substitute
Focus Punch/Drain Punch
Ice Punch

I might actually lower its speed so that it speed ties with Latios and M-Gallade.
>>
Mega macargo
Water absorb
Fire/Rock
hp:50
Attack:50
Defense:160(+40)
Sp.attack:145(+65)
Sp.defense:110(+30)
Speed:5(-25)
>>
>>27384812
Seems cool!
>>
>>27384395

that would mean it has 141 attack when +atk natured and max EVd - when using punching moves it is at 564 m-mawile is at 678 attack whatever attack it uses, so it wouldn't actually be too good offensively and due to it's typing and piss poor hp and def it would even be very likely for it to not even get to attack ... (even though having 4 chances to status the opponent when punching seems to make it a tad better)

there is almost no way you can make something as terrible as ledian work if you want to stay with only adding 100 BST

is see no problem in buffing utter shitmons like ledian to a state where they get usable to some degree and then giving them a mega that is really good

i.e. buff ledian something like this

55 -> 85
35 -> 85
50 -> 70
55 -> 55
110 -> 110
85 -> 85

this is still a BST of 10 less than heracross for example

then you can go for a mega like this

Bug Fighting
Levitate PokéBody
Quadexterous Ability
85-Hp
65-Attack
90-Defense
85-Special attack
150-Special Defense
115-Speed

maybe Quadexterous now gives you the chance of hitting the opponent up to 4 times, maybe like this:
1: 100%
2: 75%
3: 50%
4: 25%
that would even out on averagely 2,5 punches hitting, which would be equal to an attack stat of 627,5 (+atk 252 EVs) which still isn't too monstrous, and also boosting it into oblivion with power up punch wouldn't be as easy this way, anyway it would still be forced out by something like a talonflame all day every day
something else btw i am really amazed by your work so far - even though i'm a huge sucker of gen2 artstyle you convinced me to wait for your finished engine and to go get myself rpg maker and learning to handle that, instead of learning fucking assembly and making a crystal hack on my own ...

so keep it up
>>
>>27384395
>4 power-up punch

holy shit
>>
File: 2016-07-27_12.02.12.jpg (927KB, 1636x1709px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-27_12.02.12.jpg
927KB, 1636x1709px
>>27384845
Not sure on its stats or design completely yet, but Magcargo gets the PokéBody Afterburner, which doubles it's speed.

>>27384890
141/85/115 offenses is almost too good on its own.
In addition, it gets swords dance, coverage, and utility moves.
Mawile can get away with impossibility high attack because it's too slow to not rely on a single nonSTAB priority move.

...and I might have to do something about
>>27385035.
Punch moves won't have the secondary effects factored in the successive hits.
>>
>>27385407
Can you explain the PokéBody mechanic or link to a post explaining it? I must have missed it so it all just sounds like a secondary ability to me.
>>
>>27385407

seems like i should have stated a bit more clearly when i was talking about base stat and when about actual stat in >>27384890

but whatever throwing around with numbers doesn't do too much, in the end lots of testing will be needed when introducing new mons / megas shall result in them not being too strong / weak

if ledian stays at 55 hp 50 def 85 speed and bug/flying i say it is very unlikely for it to even do a single attack (considering that you don't change the battle engine so that the new speed stat after mega evolution is in effect in term of activation instead of te turn after)

secondary effects only applying once sounds like a neat idea, would also nerf m-kang quite a lot

btw as i never have played any essentials game, is multiplayer a thing there? if not you wouldn't have to worry about balance too much as quie a lot can be tweaked with the opponents levels i guess
>>
>>27379190
Honestly pokemon Brown is still the best hack out there by virtue of
1. being complete
2.Being an entirely new region and story
3.all the other features on top of those very important first two instead of an unfinished game with cool things added
>>
Pokemon Eternal X/Wilting Y 1.3 has just been released, but the patching process is absurdly over complicated.

Can anyone upload a pre patched .cia please?
>>
I sort of want to add this style of speech to my game, but worried the amount of art might be overwhelming. What's a feasible way to add more personality to the game with mystery dungeon speech as inspiration?
>>
>>27385522
Pokébodies are species specific secondary abilities that pair with a Pokémon's ability.
There's only one per species and it can be removed via gastro acid and such.
These usually pertain to physical traits or Species-specific characteristics a Pokémon has, like Magmar and a "Flame Body" PokéBody or Charizard and it's "Esteam" PokéBody, which heightens it's fire abilities against stronger opponents, but lessens them against weaker ones.
Levitate is reconned into a PokéBody, and those that had it as an ability now have the PokéBody in addition to a new ability.
>>
Max, what are you planning to do after you finish your game? Are you going to use all of your RPG Maker knowledge for other (possibly professional) projects in the future?
>>
ayy people quick question in your opinion what is the best pokemon platinum hack i wanna play one that is hard but really fun and i can get every pokemon
>>
>>27386565
Give characters unique styles of grammar to represent their unique speech pattern.
>>
>>27386688
I see. That sounds really interesting. Did you ever figure something out about the implementation of IVs?
>>
>>27387090
Not sure, but I'm looking at having a value called PV for Power Value that determines stat growth in place of IVs.
They'd operate the same, going from 0-31, but would always start at 0 for every Pokémon.
I haven't come up with a way to boost them yet.

IVs will still determine hidden power and individual characteristics and be randomly generated.
Maybe to spice things up, IVs could determine special moves the Pokémon can end up learning by level up, with enough growth.
IVs were made to make individual pokémon unique, but ended up just causing certain individuals to be more preferred.
I want to make each individual unique, but just as viable.
It looks like Sun/Moon is try to revise this, too.
>>
>>27386805
I'm definitely doing this to go pro, but I also want to make it easier for amateurs to get involved in game design.
I'll end up writing a learner's guide to how to use common gaming languages, and when this project's finished, I'll put together an engine to help start people on certain features used in it.
>>
>>27387261
How the fuck did you even learn all this? Seems you're an expert in programming, composing, etc. Pretty much everything related to pokemon game design
>>
File: coloredgrass.png (35KB, 681x447px)
coloredgrass.png
35KB, 681x447px
Grass like this or all one shade?
>>
>>27387402
That looks ugly and busy to be honest, friend.
>>
>>27387313
I dunno, man.
I was always that one kid that had all the obscure action replay codes, and I just decided one day that I'd write my own.
I just followed the hex patterns and realised that some were key presses and other values could change.
I eventually had whole blocks of code memorized and spent free time writing blocks of AR code in notebooks next to borderline autistic sketches of sonic and pokémon characters.
I remember when heart gold came out, I wrote a script in math class that let the player always be Platinum Lucas and got caught by the teach. It was hilarious because here I was in the 7th grade, just scribbling down hex values from seemingly nowhere rather than pay attention and all I could say was that it was Pokémon.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you're persistent and pay close attention to good examples, you can do about anything.
>>
>>27387474
It's cool that you're using your powers for your enjoyment, but isn't there some sort of career you could get into with this level of code-savvyness?
>>
>>27387402
The short grass hurts to look at. Give it a cooler hue.
>>
>>27387520
Most of what I'd have to show in a recent portfolio is pokémon related.
But I'm looking into mobile app development as well as being part in a local game company in the near future.

>>27387402
A little of >>27387522 and drop the saturation slightly.
>>
>>27377620
What?
>>
>>27387431
Thanks man, felt it looked a bit off.
>>27387522
So some blue and less saturation?
>>
>>27387261
How are you planning to write an engine? Also, what kind of engine? Similar to RPG Maker?
>>
>>27385750
Using punching moves at full investment M-Ledian has an effective base stat of 207 Attack.
I want to limit the amount of attack coverage it can have by making it difficult for base Ledian to get started without Protect or Substitute, mush like Beedrill.
Though I'm nerfing Stealth Rocks, Ledian is still going to be hit pretty hard by them, so hazard support could be vital.

I know M-Kang is extremely overused, I don't think it's entirely broken at least in doubles.
There are just too few things that can deal with it.
For example, A Ghost/Fighting pokémon with Inner Focus would completely shut it down. Give it good STAB and will-o-wisp, and it's also shut down in singles.
Same goes for M-Lopunny. It's completely unresisted stab is only unbalanced because there isn't a good number of answers.

Garchomp was broken in gen 4, but instead of nerfing it, they introduced Ferrothorn and Fairy types, which prevented it from getting out of control.

I'm probably going to fix the Mega system so that move priority is recalculated after evolution. Same goes for Megas that gain priority on certain moves, like Banette.

I'm keep the possibility of multiplayer open, but it would require servers to be set up. It's entirely possible, but it may or may not make the first release.
I already started scoring music for online features:
>https://soundcloud.com/dimbus-maximus/battle-spot?in=dimbus-maximus/sets/meta-mercury
>>
gimme something to play
>>
>>27388477
It may be an Essentials engine, but if source code for Pokémon Unity gets released soon, I may start a gen 5 engine for that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyjkJwaRqCo
>>
>>27388655
i'm unable to actually listen right now, is this a game or just a base?
>>
>>27388720
Its being released as the beginning to his fan game, as well as an early engine.
>>
File: palegrass.png (12KB, 555x297px) Image search: [Google]
palegrass.png
12KB, 555x297px
>>27387522
Testing the short grass. Better?
>>
>>27390309
That's markedly better.
>>
>>27390309
I think it might be best to use a default palette of your grass tile [wherever you got it from] for now. The one in that screenshot seems a bit too dark and [not sure if 'saturated' is the right word here, but the colors seem very heavy and imposing].
>>
What do I do if I want to rom hack gen 2?
>>
>>27385407
>Magcargo's shell looks like a Shelgon's
I don't know if that was intentional or not, but I like it.
>>
>>27392083
Pokémon Crystal Disassembly. You can try hacking Gold and Silver with some hard to find tools but it's not worth it. Trust me. Stick with Crystal.
>>
>>27385407
Can we get mega Emolga?
>>
File: Soaring.webm (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Soaring.webm
1MB, 640x480px
I'm working on soaring in this H-mode demo, just to see what I need to do.
It's a little rough, but it's coming along.

>>27392800
I can see it.
I was going for a tire and a drag racer exhaust.

>>27392846
I'll look into it, but I'm pretty sure pikaclones aren't supposed to evolve at all.
>>
>>27392083
Like the other anon said, the pokecrystal disassembly is the absolute best way to go.

https://github.com/pret/pokecrystal
>>
>>27376539
How shitty does that look when you get to an edge of the water though?
>>
>>27394267
I'm still developing a hotbox system that matches the amount of tiles a Pokémon takes up.
Large Pokémon like Wailord and Kyogre won't be surfable in fresh water at all.
>>
How do I fix this stupid shit with the border blocks where the tips of these trees are showing up? They are my bane
>>
>>27394670
have a row of trees right below the border
>>
>>27387602

Mobile app development is a meme. You want to get into security and race to financial independence during your twenties and early thirties.

Use your powers for evil, roll in corporate megabucks then retire early and pursue your dreams.
>>
>>27394692
But I wanna keep the slope on the left
>>
File: 103.png (29KB, 304x350px)
103.png
29KB, 304x350px
>>27394692
Fixed
>>
>>27392829
>>27393840
So it seems like when it comes to having tools already, Gen III is just the way to go
>>
>>27387602
>>27394732
How weird, I just got a job as a mobile app developer. First job out of college. Not planning on doing it all my life.
>>
>>27388602

sounds all pretty good to me
and maybe when using a vpn-service like tunngle that would do the trick for people who wanna pvp and no server would be needed

already enthusiastic for the first release, everything looks really impressive so far
>>
>>27394358
That's a pretty good solution.

If, say, a pond was 8 tiles big and your pokemon was 8 tiles big, would you be able to hop into it and hop out of it on the other side in two movements?
>>
>>27387004
Calm down, Andrew Hussie.

>>27386565
I'm with you on this one. I love seeing character portraits in the dialogue - it adds a lot.

I can only think of two ways to suggest going about it for now:

>1) make portraits for just very main characters.
Only do that if you're a good artist. Make 'em simple, don't try to make too many emotions.

>2) Use generic emoticons above a character's sprite
Something like the small speech bubbles with faces on them that you see when you talk to following pokemon in HGSS. Maybe that could be tweaked to work with characters during a scene?
>>
>>27390309
The issue with your saturation is that your floor tiles don't match with the rest of your tiles.

Either desaturate everything like the tall grass and trees or make your floor tile grass more vivid. This is probably an issue because you got all the tiles from different places.

Personally, I like the first option more - desaturated tilesets look great.
>>
>>27395475
Essentialsfag here, so I don't know anything about ROMhacking.

Are there any pre-assembled 'kits' or scripts in ROMhacking? Things like the 4th gen physical/special splits for 3rd gen or a collection of all Pokemon? Or does everyone who implements these things generally do it all themselves?
>>
Has anyone ever made an overworld-style encounter system in pokemon? Think earthbound/mother 3 where monters spawn on the map and run around, either avoiding you or charging towards you.

Do you think it would work in pokemon? Say, pokemon spawn from grass randomly and start wandering around - if you bump into them from behind you get a sneak attack on them, and vice-versa.
>>
>>27397602
Yeah, there are plenty of those around. The PSS is available as a patch. Unfortunately all of the ROM bases that add all Pokemon are based on another ROM base that is full of bugs, so they're all shit. You can rip simple things like base stats from them to save time, but everything else is best done yourself.
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 294x295px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 294x295px
>>27397660
>>
>>27397662
ever play pokemon ranger my dude
>>
>>27397662
what are those fish right after alomomola and mantine?
>>
>>27397857
Fakemon from KyleDove (the artist)'s WIP game.
>>
>>27397264
Yeah, that's why certain Pokémon can't enter small ponds. Most aren't over one tile, just a select few.
>>
>>27397662
I'm doing something like that, but not exactly. There are special encounters around, like early access to certain rare or later game Pokemon (such as a Scyther in Viridian Forest) but I'm not knowledgeable enough to make them random or add unique OW sprites (I use existing sprites)
>>
>>27394871
Make the map so big that the player can't see the border tiles.
>>
>>27397359
>Andrew Hussie
Who?
>>
>>27397662
those are some pretty ass sprites, friend.
>>
>>27399052
holy shit were you born in 2007
>>
File: Surfing1.webm (2MB, 576x240px) Image search: [Google]
Surfing1.webm
2MB, 576x240px
>>27397662
That wailord sprite is huge btw
>>
>>27400118
>If you don't keep tabs on e-celebs you must be underaged
Fuck off.
>>
>>27395475
Well yes, but the reason for that is because Gen III doesn't currently have any finished disassemblies. If pokeruby gets finished and labelled and all that grand shit it'll become a better base for hacking than tools ever could.

Like seriously, you can do pretty much anything with a disassembly as long as it's possible to do within the hardware. The only reason you haven't seen some CRAZY shit with pokered or pokecrystal is because not that many people are interested in hacking Gen I or II.
>>
File: hussie.png (132KB, 464x2726px)
hussie.png
132KB, 464x2726px
>>27400651
Andrew Hussie is the author of Homestuck.
>>
>>27400743
>seriously expecting anyone to give a shit about the author of a fucking awful autistic comic
>>
>>27400897
It is an awful autistic comic, yes, but people should have at least minimal knowledge of the comic, enough to know who Hussie is. Also not the guy who originally brought Hussie up, I just answered their question.
>>
>>27400931
pure autism
>>
>>27401068
How so?
>>
>>27401087
why should anyone have to care about some web comic
>>
>>27400931
>you should have general knowledge of the creator of a shitty comic just because I said you should, and if you don't you're underage
No thanks autismo
>>
File: sanic.png (23KB, 538x404px) Image search: [Google]
sanic.png
23KB, 538x404px
>>27401101
It's one of the largest pieces of media in the English language and the largest webcomic ever.

I haven't even read it since I know it's an autismfest, but I'm just saying it's a pretty major thing, Hussie is like on par with moot in his influence on the Internet.
>>
>>27401235
The only people left who care about Homestuck are those four guys and one girl you always see huddled in a corner at a convention. Nobody gives a shit, his influence is minimal and Homestuck is dead.
If you genuinely believe that equates to 4chan, one of the most influential and most visited websites of all time, which has had millions upon millions of posts and even more visits, you're delusional. Moot literally works at one of the biggest companies in the world because of his massively influential and important chinese cartoon website.
THATS a creator you should know about, not some autistic manchild who made a worthless piece of trash nobody gives a shit about anymore.
>>
File: 1460871408829.png (488KB, 589x445px)
1460871408829.png
488KB, 589x445px
>>27401320
I don't get why you're so angry, I'm not even defending Homestuck as a comic, I already said I haven't read it.
>>
>>27401320
I've read Homestuck. It was OK, but I don't get why people go crazy for it. It ended a while ago.
>>
>>27401352
I'm not even angry, just baffled by your complete ignorance
>>
>>27401430
But you're the one who doesn't know something I do know. That's the opposite of me being ignorant.
>>
>>27401458
You're pretty damn retarded if you think Moot = the creator of a webcomic.
Should have clarified.
>>
Assuming I'm not making a Gen 1-2 game and I intend on using Essentials, should I go with the Gen 4 Essentials or the Gen 5?
>>
File: Soaring.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Soaring.webm
2MB, 640x480px
It's coming along.
Controls are a lot more smooth now.
>>
>>27400197
>0:58 in that .webm
Rofl. I really hope you get that size feature working right, because that looks awesome.

Maybe wailord, or a pokemon sufficiently large that you ride on like that, could shunt other characters out of the way when they bump into each other? That would make riding on your behemoth even more hilariously fun (and a good deal more practical).
>>
>>27401596
I think it depends in part on what sort of tiles you want/need. You'll find a much greater amount of gen 4 tiles freely available, but not so many gen 5. You'll probably have to make a lot of edits if you want to do something a little different.

I don't know much about how the two compare content-wise, however. The gen 5 kit is quite polished and has a lot of features like phenomenos, mystery gift, BW's call system on the Xtransceiver, seasons, difficulty modes... and in general looks very pretty.

>>27400931
I was the one who mentioned it - instant regret.
>Give characters unique styles of grammar to represent their unique speech pattern.
This is something the webcomic does to a massive extent, and people either go overboard with it or hate its guts.

Personally, I wouldn't suggest altering grammar to represent a character's speech in a pokemon game, because purposefully using incorrect grammar without a good reason is obnoxious.

Homestuck only sort of pulls it off because the narrative told through chat logs - the characters itself wrote it. You can't do that with regular dialogue, because they're not writing it, you are.

Anyway, let's never talk about homestuck again.
>>
Only been doing minor work since I mastered Route 9 the other day.
The Underground tunnel between Celadon and Route 8 is still under construction in this hack.
That building on 8 is an entrance to a new map: Darkwood, where the Saffron Gym trains their psychic pokemon against dark-types. Accidentally expanded the map another 20 vertically, thought I needed it but didn't. You'd get here thinking you're going to Celadon, but turns out you can't. Instead, you'll be redirected down to Fuchsia to get Surf and up to Celadon from there via the sea where the unbuilt cycling bridge is. Casino probably won't serve as large a role, but the graveyard tower takes its role. Not sure what to do there just yet, interiors are for later.
Want feedback for that pain in the ass little woodland by the gym in Celadon. Thought about just making it like an outdoor gym, but also thought maybe the League wants this uniformity to things so they HAVE to have an official gym structure, but maybe they congregate outside of it? Still working on that.
>>
File: Turning and Locations.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Turning and Locations.webm
2MB, 640x480px
Conclusion:
Soaring's possible in Essentials, but it's going to take a lot of work to polish.

I'm going to break from this and focus on more immeadiate things now
>>
How tough are the Blaze Black / Volt White hacks? I burnt out on Pokemon awhile ago and feel like these tougher hacks would help me get interested again. I never played Gen 5 so I'm not sure how good of an idea it is to play BB/VW blind.

Alternatively I might try one of the XY hacks
>>
Tilesets bring out a level of ocd I didn't think I had.
>>
>Tfw you can't script shit
>Love making sprite and stuffs tho
>>
File: THIS IS REAL.gif (491KB, 245x150px)
THIS IS REAL.gif
491KB, 245x150px
>>27376539
Dude, can you add multiplier to the speed of surfing with the pokemon's base speed?
>>
>>27403518
Find yourself a programmerbro and team up? They feel just the same, but in reverse.

Or make cool stuff and release it to the public and bask in that cool glow of knowing that everyone's using your tiles in their games.

Got any stuff you can show off now? I love seeing new sprites.
>>
Gots to wait i hours for ride home and then another 8 hours to reach destination, anyone gots a rom hack i cans play during the trips
>>
File: rocket executives.png (4KB, 151x76px) Image search: [Google]
rocket executives.png
4KB, 151x76px
>>27403518
I feel the same way, except instead of sprites (all my sprites are junk, passable at best, I have no art skill and just mash pixels together until I get something I think is decent enough) I do music.

One day I'll actually take the time to learn how to code, and I'll be able to use my shitty sprites and mediocre music in a hack of my own. For now I take enjoyment in other people wanting to use my music in their hacks at least.
>>
>>27403518
Wanna make some stuff?
>>
do any of you actually release these hacks or just mess around
>>
>>27403657
Play Pokemon Gaia. I've been playing it based off a recommendation here. It's a really cozy hack.
>>
>>27403742
I plays that one already whats another ones
>>
File: camp3.png (131KB, 709x613px) Image search: [Google]
camp3.png
131KB, 709x613px
I made a refugee camp, what do you think of my tent tiles? I'm a novice in this.
>>
File: PC mobile.png (2MB, 960x540px)
PC mobile.png
2MB, 960x540px
>>27403592
Not really script shit. But I barely understand 2% of these wall of texts and get lost like "What the fuck is metadata?"
This is my only pokemon essential work I have atm. I ussually do easy platforming game. Testing out OutdoorLight. I also copied some elsif from regulartone for some events to keep its tone.
>>
>>27403909
I like it a lot. Sharpen the white patch up on it so it doesn't look so blurry, and also create tent variants without it.

Did you make the litter sprites too? They're neat - I've been looking for something like that. Would you be willing to share them?
>>
>>27403940
>that pokemon centre truck
Holy shit. That's awesome. Great idea.
>>
>>27403909
>refugee camp
>not excessively crowded or ill-maintained
>yachts off the shore

Looks more like a casual camping site than a refugee area.
>>
>>27403940
>>27404014
Now I'm imagining an Americana-themed map that's just roads, plains and trucks everywhere.
>>
How does everyone feel about gen 2 ROM hacks & fan games? Are they a waste of time? Should I focus my efforts on a later generation?
>>
File: PC Mobile 0.4.png (338KB, 256x320px)
PC Mobile 0.4.png
338KB, 256x320px
>>27404014
I can give you the sprite if you want, I'm not using it in the final version. Gonna rebuild from scratch anyway.
Put the pokeball event from essential and nursejoy in the red box.
>>
>>27404254
The main character sprite is just the protagonist in a car. You're unable to leave this car. All the pokemon centres are drive-thrus.
>>
File: 1436156141274.jpg (28KB, 480x360px)
1436156141274.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
>>27404254
>>27404429
>trainer travels the plains riding on the back of horse Pokemon, following trucking routes across the west
>stops are a mix of sleepy podunk towns along the dated highway and truck stops in the middle of nowhere
>full of trucker culture and Route 66 nostalgia
>>
>>27403558
Yeah, some pokémon like Sharpedo will move faster, while slowpoke...will not.

Also, holding the B button while on water makes many pokémon speed up.
>>
File: tilemuk.png (65KB, 1025x581px)
tilemuk.png
65KB, 1025x581px
getting there. I'm digging these colors a lot more. anyone got some farm tiles i can add?
>>
>>27403742
Can confirm. Gaia has been pretty great. I fucked myself up though by creating my party too early. I'm stuck grinding now before going up to the temple on top of the mountain.
>>
Decided to give Touhoumon a try, worked my way around the inane typing.

Currently game is kicking my ass.

I have CReisen, CChen, CMystia, CKisume, and CLuna with my sixth being Raymoo after I get the Yang Fossil. Everyone's around Level 19, just beat Archie at Slateport.

Did I fuck up, /vp/? Is it time to newgame? I knew Reisen would be hard but I didn't think she'd be this hard.
>>
>>27404730
So, basically, the Orre region turned into a real game?
>>
>>27403676
Hey, I think I've seen you in /vr/ right?
>>
>>27406123
Yeah, I post in the hack thread there occasionally, though usually I keep my progress on /vp/.
>>
>>27405773
Just grind man. Put that shit in x300 speed, find yourself a patch of grass with puppets that dont paralyze or poison and keep pressing that key.
>>
Does anyone have any experience with the Gen 6 hacks?

Stuff like Neo XY or Meme Sapphire. Are they any good?
>>
>>27407610
Stay the fuck away from Neo XY, use Eternal X/Wilting Y instead.
>>
>>27407610
>Neo XY
Literally scroll up dingus
>Meme Sapphire
Never heard of it, what's that?
>>
Rate my map
Tried to accelerate natural grinding by adding more items and having more trainers and grass on the map without forcing too many encounters.
The more encounters you face, the more items are available to be picked up.

Because of Lambda's short completion time, I felt I had to accommodate level scaling.

All the trainers are the same, because I haven't made any pre-Renaissance overworlds yet.
I'm thinking of making pokeballs generic subtle shadows like FireRed/LeafGreen's hidden berries.
>>
>>27407689
I think you need to make the main path much clearer. I'd get lost and frustrated on that map because it doesn't have much in the way of distinguishing features and there are a lot of ways to go in every direction.
>>
>>27407689
I feel the grass is a bit too heavy handed here, even if you want to accelerate grinding. I'd suggest either having some more space between the patches, or throw in a couple of spaces in the big patches.

If you're concerned about the level scaling, maybe give out the Lucky Egg early if you haven't already?
>>
>>27407775
>>27407806
Better?

Luck egg is a must, but I can't give an exp.share.
Since there are less pokémon in a party in this game (max.3) and no pokéballs, I could just have an automatic exp all. system.
>>
>>27407920
Looking a little better - the more solid treeline and lack of grass improves it, but it's still rather featureless.

Is that area to the far right blocked off?
>>
File: burntforest.png (58KB, 1043x589px)
burntforest.png
58KB, 1043x589px
Going to make the cliff ground less radical, but here is the tiles for the burnt forest. Whats a good way to split the map it bit less starkly?
>>
>>27408245
The top part of the map with dark grass is only accessible if the player can surf.

This is more of an exit route from a cave toward a village.
>>
>>27408289
Maybe add a layer of elevation between them with mountain tiles?
>>
>>27406156
But if I get to Level 27 before I get to Flannery I have to shelve my Water type because

TKisume
>Lv. 28 - Bounce
>Lv. 31 - Bubblebeam

Whereas Kisume's normal evolution learns no fucking water moves as a Fire/Water type.

Meanwhile Flannery is at 32, 32, 34, 36 because the dev hates me.
>>
>>27409027
Can't you just press B for four levels?
>>
>>27409056
Lemme try this again.

Chibi Kisume (http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Touhoudex_2/Chibi_Kisume) evolves at 22 into Kisume (http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Touhoudex_2/Kisume), the normal evolution which is a massive turd.

The first place you can generally get the stone to get TKisume (http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Touhoudex_2/TKisume), the one that isn't a massive turd for STAB is at Meteor Falls.

If I actively want to use the Water type appropriately for Flannery, I must stop using her at CKisume Level 27 after four/five skipped evolutions, just to get one fucking rock from Meteor Falls, and then grind her back to rank with the rest of my team at what would be 35.

Normally this would be easy, but this is Touhoumon Emerald/Purple, so Team Magma have much greater type diversity. So either I lose out on the entire reason I am choosing the better evolution, Bubblebeam before Surf, or I have a level that isn't ass and puts me eight levels behind on my trump card for the next gym before Norman.

tl;dr I'm not mad about pressing the b button I'm mad because if I overlevel to not get rekt before evolving into the right form I lose the moves that are the reason I picked it in the first place and I'm stuck with fucking Water Gun until I beat Norman
>>
>>27409172
Oh, that makes a lot more sense. That's tough anon, I hope you can figure it out.
>>
>>27407689
Here me out: make the pokeballs into loot sacks and treasure chests.
>>
>>27409511
Ohh nice
Thing is, I want to keep hand made objects in civilized areas, so boxes, sacks, and chests will have to be in villages and the castle.
>>
Pokébodies are additional abilities that represent different innate abilities or physical characteristics of a species.
They can't be removed, and no species has more than one potential PokéBody.
PokéBodies work alongside Abilities.
For PokéBodies, I have come up with the following:

Photosynthesis: Venusaur, Vileplume, etc.
>Provides 1/16 health recovery in sunny weather

Esteam: Charizard exclusive
>Increases Fire-type move's power by x1.1 against foes with a higher BST, but x0.9 against foes with a lower BST

Levitate: Mega Charizard X, Beedrill, etc
>Protects against Earthquake, Magnitude, and Bulldoze

Thick Shell: Blastoise, Carracosta
>Halves chance of critical hits, as well as bomb moves and bullet moves

Miracle Scale: Butterfree, Vivillion
>Its powder moves have x1.1 accuracy, and incoming status moves are only 75℅ as accurate

Light Metal: Scizor
>Weight is halved and user is granted x1.5 usual speed but defense is only x0.8
Metagross and Registeel no longer have this ability.
Scizor's speed can potentially be slightly higher than Scyther's

Heavy Metal: Aggron
>Weight is halved and user is granted x1.5 usual defense but speed is only x0.8
Bronzor family gets Levitate

Flytrap: Carnivine exclusive
>Absorbs Bug-type moves and turns them into HP

Many other abilities that become PokéBodies as is are:
>Flame Body
>Ice body
>Static
>Desolate Land
>Primordial Sea
>Poison Touch
>Poison Point
>Iron Barbs
>Rough Skin
>Solid Rock
>Wonder Guard
>Color Change
>Thick Fat
>Immunity
>Fairy Aura
>Dark Aura
>Soundproof
>Bulletproof
>Synchronize

If a Pokémon, like Walrein who gets ice body and thick fat, has more than one of these abilities, they will either get one or a combination in the form of a new ability.

Still missing ideas that can cover many species for the following types:
>Flying
>Dark
>Ghost
>Bug
>Steel
>Rock
>Ground
>Fighting
>Dragon
>Fairy

Any ideas?
>>
>>27409615
Ah ok. I would do the mounds then. Could even have a npc say that Pokemon often bury trinkets they find, like squirrels do. Makes it all make more sense to stumble upon items so often. Could have some in nests as well, since birds collect stuff too.
>>
>>27410403
Yeah that sounds good.
Maybe using "Dig" on spots in the ground can yeild items on occasion, too.
>>
>>27410374
Fur coat
>>
>>27408322
The bottom far right. There's a small area that seems to be completely enclosed by trees.
>>
>>27376539
Max I would love to sprite for your game
>>
>>27410374
Careful. Not to be that guy, but you're dangerously approaching the point where "It seems like a cool new idea to me" meets "unnecessary shit that modifies pokemon".

>>27409201
Touhoufag here.

After cooling my head after learning that the developer actually intended for it to be that difficult for you to get the evolution you want prior to Mossdeep (One starter evolution is gated at Level 50 on a 5% chance or Level 55 at a 100% chance lmao) in order to add challenge and wrote out of the code the ability to change evolution (because he feels the game is easy enough), I decided to give Touhou Puppet Dance Performance, or basically the spiritual successor to Touhoumon 1.8 a go.

>Auto EXP Share
>Insane starter options
>Fainted Pokemon get EXP too
>Don't have to think about EVs ever because EVs are allocated by the player, earned from fights the same way
>Breeding system instead does what competitive players would want it to and actually just makes your mons start at Level 1 with not shit IVs (Requires a completed game obviously)
>Bigger level jumps so you don't get too ahead
>Choose when to evolve and what to
>Choose when to learn level up moves, they're just gated by the level
>Steel type at Route 1 shits on the early game (Beats Dark, Flying/Wind, Nature/Grass, first boss has only one Pokemon not weak to Steel) like having a Riolu for the beginning of Kanto or Hoenn would

This is nice. This is very nice. Ludicrously easy, but nice.
>>
File: TILESET_ROUTE2X2.png (52KB, 256x1600px) Image search: [Google]
TILESET_ROUTE2X2.png
52KB, 256x1600px
>>27405233
Here's a general farmland tileset I made, you can pick-up some tiles if you find anything useful.
>>
>>27413217
Blessed be. Thank you.
>>
>>27412450
Trees aren't completely solid.
You can walk underneath the tops of trees.

>>27410448
Totally forgot the that one.

Also, things like Lati@s that get the Levitate PokéBody won't be able to get much else without being overpowered, so their ability becomes Telepathy.

>>27412533
The point of pokébodies is to diversify pokémon that share some of the same abilities, while potentially powering up weaker Pokémon without it feeling like an intentional buff.

A Pokémon like parasect has to choose between great abilities that patch up its weaknesses.
Being able to keep the abilities of some while choosing others let's it be more usable, but not broken or forced.

Things like Azumarill will benefit less because Thick Fat is kept while Huge Power and Sap Sipper are chosen between.
>>
>>27397662
>>
>>27397662
it was in x/y i think? someplace had a desert with dugtrios. Personally i found it really annoying, but it may be fun for someone else. I feel really apprehensive seeing the Pokemon get closer with each step.
>>
>>27379190
Drayano
>>
>>27387602
If someone sold a pokemon unity engine to Nintendo theyd be rich
>>
>>27412477
I'd love to have help in developing sprite, because it really is a handful.
When the tread goes up on PokéCommunity, I'll have an application form that you can submit.
>>
File: 1453233736518.png (182KB, 519x513px) Image search: [Google]
1453233736518.png
182KB, 519x513px
>>27412533
>Ludicrously easy

Keep playing, the game has some pretty brutal bosses later.
>>
In Pokemon Essentials, is there a way to adjust enemy trainer EVs?
>>
>>27407920
You should put in an automatic exp all system!
>>
>>27415890
Awesome. I'll be there for sure.
>>
>>27410374
>>27410374
>Flying
Keen eye/big pecks/tangled feet
>>Ghost
Translucent: clear body clone
>>Bug
Shed skin
>>Rock
Solid rock (a lot of rock types will appreciate this)
>>Ground
Idk, but you should boost them a bit somehow, seeing how many pokes will be immune to ground
>>Dragon
Mutliscale/marvel scale
>>
The "Pokébodies" concept seems like it would be better applied as new qualities given to certain types.
The idea, as it stands, is just a number of unchangeable secondary abilities.
Flytrap, for example, would work fine as a new ability for Carnivine (as well as for the Bellsprout line, but I digress).
If it's locked in as a Body, though, there is no strategic choice between Levitate (Immune to most hazards, Ground moves, and Arena Trap) and Flytrap (Removal of a weakness), there are new holes to fill in design (Carnivine's existing ability, Levitate, is now a Body), and you limit individual uniqueness among many species to IVs.
>>
File: backgroundbattle.png (9KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
backgroundbattle.png
9KB, 256x192px
Finally adapted my battle background to essentials.
Do you guys know how to change the text color ? I'd rather have white text on a dark background.
>>
>>27410374
Justified as Fighting Pokebody?
>>
>>27416887
Nevermind, I found where it was.
>>
>>27416835
My mistake.
Flytrap is supposed to be Carnivine's ability, not PokéBody. It keeps levitate.
PokéBodies are supposed to differentiate species from one another, not individuals.
Natures and IVs will grant individuals uniqueness.
PVs take the place if IVs in stat calculation.

PokéBodies make sure that species of the same type have differences, as many grass types, for example, have chlorophyll. A Jumpluff with Chlorophyll could also get the PokéBody Fluffy, while a Venusaur with Chlorophyll gets Photosynthesis.
Making them reliant on type defeats the purpose.

>>27416997
I'll look into it, but it seems like it would fit better as an ability.
Maybe inner focus to screw with Kangaskhan.
>>
Please someone upload a cia of Eternal X legal version region free pls
>>
>>27417203
Flytrap is cool idea tho. Victreebell and vileplume lines should get flytrap.
>>
>>27417420
Victreebel gets Flytrap, Gluttony as it's Hidden Ability, and I'm thinking Photosynthesis PokéBody.

I think Heatmor would be a good candidate for flytrap.

I think Vileplume will end up having moon based abilities.
>>
File: 1469152310840.jpg (277KB, 1280x2010px)
1469152310840.jpg
277KB, 1280x2010px
>>27416887
This is super nice looking, great job. I'm assuming it won't be for public use?
>>
>>27417700
It's free to use, eventually credit "Carchi" if you feel like it. Here's the bigger version. Since I made it too big it will need adjustement to work with essentials base resolution.
>>
Where were you when Emerald got the love it deserves?
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=374338
>>
>>27414016
You should avoid one tile paths. Make them 2 in narrow areas, 3 for paths and roads and 4 or 5 for avenues and plazas.
>>
File: spritesheet.png (210KB, 872x2594px)
spritesheet.png
210KB, 872x2594px
Bumping with progress.
>>
File: image.png (83KB, 356x3310px)
image.png
83KB, 356x3310px
Anybody have an extra 6iv ditto?
I'm negotiable if you want a semi proper trade for one
>>
>>27420162
Uh..
>>
>>27420162
/heg/ - Hatching and Eggs General
>>
File: Crash.png (28KB, 143x76px)
Crash.png
28KB, 143x76px
Anyone made him yet?
>>
>>27420727
>>27419215
Forgot to (you)
>>
>>27420727
Hey, not bad. Thanks for contributing anon!
>>
>>27418210
Holy shit, that's better than a disassembly as far as editing the battle engine goes. Looks like all of those Fire Red ROM bases just became completely pointless.
>>
>>27421681
>Looks like all of those Fire Red ROM bases just became completely pointless.
Why?
>>
File: Aku aku.png (67KB, 210x60px)
Aku aku.png
67KB, 210x60px
>>27419215
Nah, I know I kinda meh.
I still got time, guess I'm also doing Aku2. Spriting with limited color is hard. Don't know which is good.
>don't let this thread die
>>
Is there any way to get the Physical Special split on Leaf Green? I tried the Fire Red patch but it just causes the game to reset during the first battle
>>
>>27420367
I think people think this is a hacking thread. I ignored this general for the longest time cause I thought it was for action replay and such. Should be Game Making General or something.
>>
>>27423028
Those thread are usually called "injection" or something. Besides, rom hacking are pretty common thing in v's board
>>
>>27423028
I could see renaming it to something like "Fangame Development General", because some neither use roms or Essentials
>>
>>27422769
The left one is the best. And I don't believe you, these ones are WAY more better looking than Crash.
>>
>>27423748
Nah, leave it.
>>
>>27423748
I disagree with this. At most I'd go with "Hacking & Fangames General" but we started as a hacking general and we aren't losing our billing in the title.
>>
>>27422577
All the Fire Red bases are pretty bad for a whole lot of reasons:
>most of them are based on another base which is buggy and no longer being worked on
>none of them are properly documented, so if you want to add or fix an ASM routine, it's going to be extremely difficult
>none of the people making them except Mr Dollsteak have any idea what they're doing
>none of them can be applied to existing hacks

This new Emerald base has none of those problems, and it's written in C, which makes working with it almost as easy as essentials.
>>
>>27425217
Well...fuck. I'm not using a base for my project YET, I did intend to go with the MDS one though since it adds a bare minimum of necessary updates (fairy, p/s.)
It's tempting to move to Emerald based on all the whiz-bang features that the new base adds, but my hack is in Kanto anyways. I could not add fairy type or updated moves at all and I'd still be okay with the final product as long as it's fairly bug-free and stuff; because at the end of the day, I'm not hacking for anybody but me.
>>
Could anyone help me with this problem please? I changed the tileset in the Header and it looks fine in AdvanceMap but destroys the game once you get to it.
>>
File: pain is life.png (60KB, 1269x321px) Image search: [Google]
pain is life.png
60KB, 1269x321px
>>27428367
>>
>>27428367
Is that Route 102 on the left and Oldale Town on the right?
>>
Are there any Gen 2 romhacks similar to Red++?
>>
>>27430176
I haven't played it yet so I can't judge its quality but Polished Crystal was specifically made to be a Gen 2 equivalent of Red++.

https://hax.iimarck.us/topic/6874/
>>
I'm just starting to use the pokecrystal disassembly. Seems pretty straightforward with some of the stuff, but is there any tutorials I should be reading that might help me out with some of the less obvious stuff? Thanks!
>>
>>27431427
As long as you set it up properly, I think just feeling around to figure out where everything is will do you good enough. If you're having trouble figuring out something specifically you can always ask, but the search function is generally enough for me to figure out something I want to look at.
>>
does anyone have a copy of liquid crystal? Looking to play some hacks and that on looks damn neat.
>>
anyone know of a good 3ds emulator for windows 10 and or ubuntu?
>>
>>27430426
Reading over the changes, I think my favorite thing is the altered moves and typings. Too many hacks are afraid to do this, just re-packaging Gamefreak's stuff in different ways, but imo the best thing about a hack is that you can retcon things to be better. Like Farfetch'd being Flying/Fighting, that's wonderful. I might use him for the first time in my life.
>>
>>27387402
Are these yours? I'd like to know if I could use them because they look really nice
>>
File: 1428759010006.gif (1021KB, 421x389px) Image search: [Google]
1428759010006.gif
1021KB, 421x389px
>>27401235
>this entire post
>>
File: Coca-Cola gives you cancer.png (3KB, 110x116px) Image search: [Google]
Coca-Cola gives you cancer.png
3KB, 110x116px
>>27419215
Just some backsprite i had, and you probably lost
>>
File: Better actor than Adam Sandler.png (1KB, 109x59px) Image search: [Google]
Better actor than Adam Sandler.png
1KB, 109x59px
>>27433580
2/3..I think
>>
>>27433603
Nah, i only had these two.
>>
I want to get into a fan made mmo but I can't find any good discussions of the pros and cons of pokemmo vs pro. Does anyone here have an opinion?
>>
File: 1445534540632.png (106KB, 922x882px) Image search: [Google]
1445534540632.png
106KB, 922x882px
P-pokemon sage will come out one day right?
>>
>>27376381
What's your game called?
>>
>>27415890
Are the unova starters getting Megas?
>>
>>27433966
___No
>>
>>27419215
Can you add Rayman?
>>
shill me something to play, im bored
>>
>>27433992
Pokémon Meta Mercury
There isn't a thread up for it yet, though.
>>
>>27434050
It's on the list, anon.
http://pastebin.com/JRXwwenK
>>
>>27419215
>gitaroo man will never be popular enough to be here
>>
Are there any good Romhacking tools for Mac?
>>
>>27434298
Who knows? Maybe someday we'll do Vidyamon Emerald Version with 150 new vidya games.
>>
>>27428367
>>27428381
Yes.
This happens when two tilesets are too close together.
My advice would be to expand the left map about 10 tiles, make more land (meaning bridge would be 10 tiles away from town) and trees and shit and then you should be okay.
>>
>1000 essentials fangames in development
>like 5 are finished

REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>27434008
Don't know yet.
>>
>>27433966
demo is coming out at the end of august. i lurk their skype group.
>>
>>27438071
If you lurk their Skype group you'd know that they're moving sideways if not just blatantly backwards from progress to that goal and they're not even going to have the second gym test demo fully testable by then let alone the full thing which includes several maps and a whack of tiles and asset pieces they don't even have yet. Then there's weeks of testing like there always is. Like late September at the earliest but realistically some time before the end of the year based on their average regression to progress ratios.
>>
>>27438280
how the fuck does a multi-man project, with a whole board behind it at one point, end up making slower progress than a single dude working alone.
>>
>>27439044
you answered your own question
>>
>>27439044
You answered your own question.
>>
>>27439044

These
>>27439132 , >>27439156
and
Who is this "single dude" you're referring to?
>>
>>27378773
>ghost gym at the beginning of the game
You better hand the player some TMs or he will just have Tackle.
>>
>>27376271
Are there any Rom Hacks with a nuzlocke setting?
>>
>>27439215
By the time you get to any of the gyms, you'd have access to a Pokémon that has a type advantage.
The first stretch of the game won't be overloaded with normal type moves and pokémon.
Also, there's no set order to face them in.
>>
File: Bizarro.jpg (83KB, 490x358px) Image search: [Google]
Bizarro.jpg
83KB, 490x358px
Has there ever been a completed Bizarro hack before? Say, Pokemon have reversed stats and/or types with corresponding movesets, and characters or gym themes are turned to Bizarro versions of themselves? I've seen it brought up or attempted with other games but I always wondered how it would translate over to Pokemon.
>>
>>27439253
Randomised is kinda like that.
>>
So are there any decent romhacks that are actually finished or should I just replay one of vanilla games again? The impression that I've gotten so far is they're nearly all in a half-finished and/or buggy state.
>>
>>27439044
>>27439132
It's only natural if you want it to be any cohesive desu, nobody wants to release trash and being a group rather than a single guy makes perceived standards higher.
>>
>haven't played poket mans in easily six years
>started a vega nuzlocke yesterday
I fear for the safety of my beloved taillow.
Although if they keep appearing as the first pokemons in the map I swear I'm going to snap.
>>
>>27440739
Prepare thy butthole for the gyms.
>>
>>27440739
>not playing without duplicates
lmao
>>
>>27440979
Why is vega so swingy anyway? I remember playing it some time ago and random trainers would be level 8 while the gym leaders were 16.
Also fucking everyone has berries equipped.
>>
i come to this general for the pretty maps, basically. I love the HG/SS art-style... I miss sprites so much.
>>
Any good Emerald hacks with phys/special split?

Thinking of trying out Eccentric Emerald from the pastebin list, but maybe there is another good one?
>>
>>27441298
Fuck if I know. I get it that you can't just have trainers right after the gym be the same/higher level than the leaders, but dropping it so low is stupid. It's like two different people worked on the trainers and gym leaders without comparing notes.
>>
>>27441917
That's the feeling I'm getting, there's trainers everywhere that are just barely over the wild pokemon levels and then the forced encounters are ten levels over them with impossible movesets and items.
>>
>>27441945
Not to mention the bullshit puzzles.
Honestly, if the creator(s) wanted to make a difficult game, they should make all the trainer levels harder, but lowering the gym leader levels (and nerfing the movesets) would make it a lot more fair.
>>
>>27442220
Just now I got to the second gym and I thought I might've overleveled myself by getting to 20-23 on my four guys, since all the trainers in the gym were around 14.
Then I talked to the leader and his first pull is a level 21 rhydon that oneshots my psychobirb with a rock slide.

What's a hack in a similar vein to this one that has balance that's less swingy? I don't mind hard but sudden spikes instead of constant challenge make it silly.
>>
>>27442256
Ahaha just wait until you see his dugtrio and hitmonchan, they're even worse.
>>
>>27442380
>I-I guess the dugtrio can't really do a lot to my psychobirb right?
>night slash night slash night slash
>mach punch mach punch mach punch
I take it the movesets are basically "I looked at what pokemons are available at this point and everyone has a counter for them".
>>
>>27442412
Basically. The hitmonchan has all the coverage, too, along with being quite strong and fast. You pretty much have to grind to a bit above their level to be on a halfway level playing field.
>>
File: pls.png (650KB, 932x681px) Image search: [Google]
pls.png
650KB, 932x681px
>>27442467
>dugtrio has fucking aerial ace
I could've chosen a better game to try this nuzlocke thing in.
>>
>>27442511
Yeah, that was about the time I stopped playing, and that was doing so casually. I wouldn't consider nuzlocking it if that were the only way to amuse myself in the world. The fakemon are very interesting, and the trainers aren't too bad, but fuck the gym leaders and their bullshit.
>>
>>27442543
>manage to disable dugtrio's burrow with the fire starter
>he actually has to use aerial ace which doesn't do shit to it
>Gym leader used super potion
>>
>>27442604
Oh, yeah, that's also a thing.
Honestly, all the starters are kinda disappointing to me. Despite the fire starter's good type, it doesn't get the stats it needs to excel anywhere. The grass starter is off to a bad start with all the ice and poison and flying types, and doesn't get much better. The water starter is...okay? But if I recall, it doesn't have much of a movepool.
>>
>>27442604
What's your team?
>>
>>27387402
I like it
>>
>>27401611
damn, I had no idea it was even possible to make stuff like that in rpg maker
>>
>>27401476
i'd totally read a webcomic by moot
>>
>>27434336
no
>>
File: aubfmf.png (8KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
aubfmf.png
8KB, 240x160px
>>27443003
Since I'm clearly not fit to nuzlocke this thing I'll probably just keep catching the first guy only and call it a day.

>>27442691
I like my "not a cacodemon" thing but yeah I get the feeling none of them will be amazing. At first I thought I just chose the worst starter possible, but then I realized every gym leader probably has counters for all of them.
>>
>>27443601
I'm not sure anybody is, desu. Although it might be interesting to see an experienced nuzlocker try it blind.
Also, I think there's some neat grass types on the next route.
>>
>>27443796
I just got a better emulator that lets me grind sixteen faster and I'm going to come back with the biggest Stabby this faggot leader has ever seen.
>>
Hey, I'm also playing pokemon vega and I'd like to ask, is there any reason all the pichus I see are female?
>>
>>27443983
Just a coincidence, saw a male one a moment ago.
>>
Thinking of ways Ground and Grass types an get better ground coverage against levitating pokémon think of adding these two moves:

Soil Barrage
Ground
Physical
85 bp
95 acc
15 pp
Hits adjacent foes
>Fires a blast of soil at the target. It can hit airborne pokémon.

Given predominately to grass types, but ground types like Sandshrew and Sandile.
Basically, living organisms that live close to or in the ground and not pokemon like Geodude, which is made of rock or Groudon, who would destroy soil.

Clay Moor
Ground
Special
110 bp
85 acc
5 pp
Hits a single foe
>Lauches a giant blast of mud from the ground. Powered up by rain and weakened by clear skies. Hits airborne targets.
All water/ground dual types get it. More diverse learn pool, but still kept close to the water and ground types.
When the attack is used, it looks like a giant sword coming out of the ground.

The point of introducing the Levitate PokéBody is to provide safer switches into Rock/Ground dual-coverage.
The only moves that airborne pokémon are immune to are Earthquake, Bulldoze, and Magnitude.
I still want to allow for many Ground types to use their stab in combination with rock, this is just a measure to keep the matchups in check.
>>
>>27445640
Ground types already get stone edge and need no buff.
>>
>>27400197
It'd be pretty funny if wailord temporally worked as terrain you can simply walk over.
>>
File: edafbc_1469989958618.png (6KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
edafbc_1469989958618.png
6KB, 240x160px
Gotem!
>>
>>27446703
Nice!
>>
I'm making a game, and I'm new to this so bear with me.
It's a simple game, you're in an island. There's a Colosseum on the island. There are no wild pokemons or items or gym leaders on the island. Everything must be won in the Colosseum. You start out with one pokemon, win a battle and you get to keep yours and your opponent's; lose and you lose the pokemon.
I basically have everything done except I want to change how to IV train. Any suggestions? I was thinking after a certain number of wins you get an item to increase your IV points. Another one I was thinking was trading useless pokemons for them. Which would be preferable?
Another thing I want to change is giving the players a way to improve UV without breeding. I have nothing for this.
>>
>>27448015
Trade pokemon for points. Trade points for various items.
>>
>>27434336
A noose.
>>
New thread?
>>
>>27448015
Consider adding a dungeon crawling subgame to keep the player engaged in the Colosseum.
>huge sprawling dungeons littered with respawning items & trainers
>there are floors for Level 01-10, 11-20, 21-30, etc in case the player is ever forced to start from square one
>$500 = 500 steps, $1,000 = 1,000 steps, etc
>Colosseum trainers give prize money but dungeon trainers give BP
>at the end of each dungeon is a boss trainer with a high-level pokemon

Prize money is used to explore the dungeon and buy medicine and temporary stat boosting items.
BP is used to buy EV & IV boosting items, TMs, and items that trigger evolution.
You can sell Pokemon and excess items for BP.
>>
>>27448940

Done.
>>27449131
>>27449131
>>27449131
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.