[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I FUCKING HATE POLIWRATH

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 11

File: image.png (46KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
46KB, 250x250px
What evolutions piss you off /vp/? Pic related is the most dissapointing evolution in existence. Not only does it take the spotlight from Politoed, but it literally just gets bigger.
>>
>>27375702
inb4 thousands of polifags coming in to defend their lazy design
>>
File: image.png (118KB, 342x192px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
118KB, 342x192px
>>27375721
Why would they defend that lazy shit compared to the king of frogs
>>
>>27375702

>it literally just gets bigger
>it is a completely different shape, with longer legs, more angular eyes, fingers instead of boxing gloves, and a different window shape for the swirl

You know, anon, a big part of autism is not being able to tell things apart. But that's okay. Lots of people are on the spectrum.

Also:
>>27375702
>>27375721

>samefagging

Here's your (You)

Faggot.
>>
I personally always preferred Polywhirl, even from Gen I
>>
>>27375748
>implying I care enough to samefag
>implying their is a fucking difference between angry eyes and not angry eyes
>>
>>27375702
>Poliwrath
>PoliWRATH
>Poli
>WRATH
>The wrath of Poli(whirl).

I think it's one of the best designed Pokémon from the original series.
>>
>>27375775
>best designed pokemon
>Literally just gets bigger
>literally just slapped the fighting type because gloves
>>
>>27375755

You cared enough to post this thread, samefag.

Sage this shit.
>>
>>27375795
"It just gets bigger" =/= Bad.

There are some things that are almost perfect, Poliwhirl is one of them. The only thing that Poliwrath does is fixing Poliwhirl's problems to make the ultimate Pokémon (design-wise).
>>
>>27375838
>>27375748
>the samefag implies samefagging
>>
File: deino_by_xous54-d4767ot.png (59KB, 260x529px) Image search: [Google]
deino_by_xous54-d4767ot.png
59KB, 260x529px
Ignoring the current drama ITT, I'd say the only evolution that annoys me is hydreigon. It deviates way too much from Zweilious, which already was much more different than deino. Its a personal preferene, but I wanted a dino dragon, not a flying flower hydra. I get why people like it though, thats ok.
>>
>>27375840
Meant to reply to you earlier

Poliwhirl is already perfect. Making it angry and a little bigger and slapping a new type onto it isn't a good design.
>>
>>27375921
Agreed. I would have much preferred it if Hydreigon still had some fucking legs and didn't just float.
>>
>>27375702
what bothers me about the Poli line's design is how their hands changed over the years.

they started off with those 4-fingered gloves that was reminiscent of inkblot cartoons back when their bodies appeared to be black.

then Poliwhirl got those weird mittens

then Poliwrath ended up with weird 3-fingered hands
>>
>>27375702
Diggersby. How can one evolution be so hideous?
>>
>>27375743
>king of frogs
nigga Politoed is the single ugliest thing in existence
>>
File: 250px-061Poliwhirl.png (58KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-061Poliwhirl.png
58KB, 250x250px
>>27375702
Yeah, it just gets cartoony angry eyes.
>>
File: image.png (53KB, 230x230px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
53KB, 230x230px
>>27376250
You may be legitimately retarded
>>
>>27376743
nice babyfur, retard
>>
>>27375702
literally a poliwhirl on roids
>>
>>27375702
Poliwrath is my favorite.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tti-1Z6c25k
>>
why didn't they make it a frog originally? it is natural to assume the final form of a tadpole would be a frog, why did it take them two gens to do that?
>>
>>27377686
That was ridiculously uncalled for.
>>
>>27375748
it literally just gets angry wyd
>>
>>27375748
>look at all these minor changes, see its different
get over yourself
Poliwrath is essentially just a bigger Poliwhirl, yeah there's some small changes, but they could've done a lot more
They could've given it boots or bigger biceps or a belt or ridges on the knuckles
it just seems like a waste of potential
>>
>>27375860
How do you tell if someone is samefagging?
>>
>Poliwrath is just Poliwhirl with fingers and an angry expression
>Politoed has Dragonite syndrome, looks absolutely nothing like Poliwhirl

Poliwhirl deserves better
>>
File: latest-1.png (29KB, 594x775px) Image search: [Google]
latest-1.png
29KB, 594x775px
This dumbass should be the star of the thread
In the first generation, this was the only dragon type and it turned out to be a complete disappointment, especially compared to its prior forms
Dragons are supposed to badass or elegant, we really didn't get a nice dragon until Rayquaza
>>
>>27377686
WHY
>>
>>27375721

If it wasn't for Pokemon stadium, I would have never liked Poliwrath

>that flexing.
>>
>>27378193

>a tadpole looks completely different from a frog

woah man, who would have thought!
>>
>>27375743
I love this little guy.
>>
I just like his design not sure why. But I've always been a fan of pokemon who evolve progressively rather than suddenly becoming entirely different.

Charmander and charmeloen or dratini and dragonair are good examples.

Poliwags mouth did bother me though,
>>
>>27377628
>babyfur
Literally what
>>
reminder that Poliwrath actually has a mouth.
>>
>>27375702
Sylveon just because it looks nothing like an Eeveelution.
>>
>>27378261
Fuck him, he is truly the biggest disappointment in the whole game.

When are we getting an alternate dragonair evo? Fucking male gardevoir got one for being a disappointment.
>>
>>27379885
I don't believe you
>>
>>27376743
>>27376315
These guys are cute
>>
Politoed looks nothing like Poliwhirl whatsoever
>>
>>27378193
There's a little thing called metamorphosis friendo.

Do you think caterpie should have evolved into a bigger caterpillar instead of a butterfly?
>>
>>27379885
I would actually like poliwrath if this was true
>>
File: 1464223671672.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1464223671672.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
Delcatty pisses me off. Skitty has been one of my favorite pokemon since RSE came out. I hate Delcatty's design. It's been more than a decade and I still hate it.
>>
>>27376139
Bunnelby is great. Diggersby is one of the biggest disappointments ever.

>>27379901
You're blind.
>>
File: poli.png (310KB, 480x392px) Image search: [Google]
poli.png
310KB, 480x392px
>>27376037
>they started off with those 4-fingered gloves
Uh, no.
>>
Wrath-fag who was just about to start a Poliwrath thread reporting in.

Poliwrath has been my favourite Pokemon since I realised there was actually value in mons outside of starters and legendaries. It can learn a heap of moves to ward off almost all of it's weaknesses. And above all else, it's a giant fucking tadpole that looks like it would beat the absolute piss out of you, what's not to love?
>>
>>27381411
Because there are better water types and fighting types
>>
>>27375702
Love it.

Love all the polis actually.
>>
>>27381096
I agree. Why does it look so fucking weird?
>>
>>27380536
And a frog looks nothing like a tadpole
>>
>>27375748
Should OP have said "it literally just gets bigger and slightly angrier"? Because that's all it does. It gets bigger, a little bit buffer, a lot angrier and for some reason gains Fighting-type despite the fact that nothing about Poliwag or Poliwhirl have anything to do with fighting or being a hero.

It feels like Politoed is just an attempt to fix the mistake that was Poliwrath, since a frog evolving from a tadpole actually makes sense, unlike a tadpole evolving into a big, buff tadpole with arms and legs.
>>
>>27377703
It seems as though the original intention for its design was gonna be like this. Poliwag would have one evolution, which is pretty much conceptually a cross between poliwhirl and politoed. But they had this design for a famoly of evolutions from weedle that were unused. So it seems as though they split up the original pokemon that was Nyosuka I think, and turned it into Poliwhirl. But Poliwhirl probably seemed simple for a final form, so they combined that with the original scrapped weedle line form idea (angry beetle with gloves and stuff) to create an evolution for Poliwhirl. And then they restored some of Nyosuka's design elements in gen 2 with Politoed.
>>
>>27381359
Sprites from red/blue/green and to crystal had fingers
>>
>What evolutions piss you off /vp/

>Diggersby
>Golbat (gen I)
>Poliwrath (gets worse with each evo)
>Quilladin
>Pignite
>Samurott
>Probopass
>Drapion
>>
File: 1468116847313.gif (259KB, 425x425px) Image search: [Google]
1468116847313.gif
259KB, 425x425px
>it takes the spotlight from Politoed
Explain. If anything Politoed easily outshined wrath for having a much more unique design as well as having the what was once infamous, ability Drizzle. All wrath has over it is a typing that it can't even take to its fullest potential because its got a lack of good fighting moves, and an attack stat that doesn't even reach 100. Thats the bigger crime in my books.
>>
>>27380218
>theres retards who still don't understand that poliwhirl evolves a mouth when it turns into poliwrath.

Explain why you believe the line horizontal line connecting the stomach to the face isn't a mouth.
>>
>>27375702
I like poliwrath but only because I really like poliwhirl. I have the same feelings towards politoed but actually use it because rain
>>
>>27381571
Worst taste in the thread. Only one of those that isn't garbage taste is Poliwrath. Fuck off and go back to your anti-"ugly" circlejerk.
>>
>>27377703
Take a better look at Poliwrath.

He is a frog. He's mostly shaped like one, unlike the ball-shaped Poliwhirl.

Poliwhirl is the worst looking member of the line.
>>
>>27381411
Because it's design is shit compared to Politoed
>>
>>27382702
I've never seen it even open though anon
>>
>>27375748
>>it is a completely different shape, with longer legs, more angular eyes, fingers instead of boxing gloves, and a different window shape for the swirl
>this isn't autism
>but OP's argument is
holy shit i have never seen this much retarded on vp
>>
>>27378600
This. Completely redeemed the guy.
>>
File: poliwrath.jpg (249KB, 500x599px) Image search: [Google]
poliwrath.jpg
249KB, 500x599px
Poliwrath is legit my favourite pokemon.

YOU ARE ALREADY DEAD.
>>
>>27383988
I don't get the wave of hate, Poliwrath and its line have always felt bro-tier
>>
>Not only does it take the spotlight from Politoed
When has this ever happened? Politoed sets up Drizzle, and was everywhere in weather wars last gen.

>>27375795
It gets bigger =/= bad design.
>>
Why do people assume Poliwhirl and Poliwrath are tadpoles? Poliwag is a tadpole, it has a tail, lacks arms and its eyes are inside its circular body; whereas Poliwhirl and Poliwrath lack tail, developed arms and have prominent eyes. They are frogs, just made to look similar to Poliwag.
>>
>>27383988
>that roid gut
>>
>>27375702
Poliwhirl doesn't evolve into Poliwrath. It just gets pissed the fuck off that you poked him with a water stone.
>>
>>27384246
Because they're quite literally "Tadpole" Pokemon. They're also based on tadpoles with transparent stomachs.
>>
I would rather Poliwhirl be removed from existence and just have Poliwag split evolving into Wrath or Toed.
>>
So if they Made a third split evo for the poli line what Would it look like? Also, make poliwrath a different Shade of blue, give it a more detailed face and mouth and make its legs more frog-like
>>
>>27377686
I feel like Poliwrath whenever I see fat little kids.
>>
>>27377686
Poliwhirl sounds a lot deeper than expected
>>
>>27377686

based af
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.