[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Most people in their mid-late 20s stopped watching the anime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 17

File: AG120.png (143KB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
AG120.png
143KB, 426x240px
Most people in their mid-late 20s stopped watching the anime when Misty left, but me being a semi-youngfag (21), I grew up with the May episodes/movies in addition to the misty ones and I... liked them.

However, when May left and Dawn came in, that was the end for me. Not that the anime got worse (it's always been pretty bad, desu, despite some good memories), but that's where my nostalgia for the franchise ends.
>>
I resent missing out on what dawn episodes could have been because the show is one huge advertising gimmick.

I hope that when they finally ditch ash his last season is spent entirely as a bad ass mentor figure to someone like dawn whose rival is someone like paul.
>>
>>27375621
>Not watching modern Pokemon for the battles
That's where you and those 90s kids went ultra stupid.
>>
>>27376684
I was born in 95 and i'm definitely an 00s kid
>>
I dropped out in the beginning of AG but came back towards the end of AG.

>>27376684

Even the battles in AG were dull. That is why a lot of people dropped out. if the battles don't carry water then people move to the next best thing which is the characters. May was the only thing holding AG together even with all the quality and cyclical episodes
>>
>>27376684
The old anime had more battles. In some of the recent anime more episodes are devoted to pageants and beauty contests. Ash is a terrible character but I hate seeing him sitting in the sidelines waiting for the contest to end so he is allowed to battle. Should just make that shit a spinoff for all the waifufags.
>>
I don't think I was ever able to watch Pokemon on any regular basis. I've never really had the ability or the drive to make the time to watch something at a specific time of the day every week.

I remember bits and pieces of the Indigo League and Orange Islands seasons, ignoring the ones I knew well because I had them on VHS. I don't think I saw much at all of Johto, and only small parts of Hoenn. I think I actually saw more of the Diamond/Pearl era than either of the two previous ones. But after that, I didn't watch anything on TV anymore.

XY is actually the one I've seen most consistently because I've been watching it subbed online. After putting it on a multiple year hiatus, I quickly caught up and watched every episode but the most recent dozen or two.
>>
>>27376771

They can't do that though. Pokemon has to fulfill their 200+ episode per series runs. The anime is composed of a few Ash episodes, a few girl-of-the-gen episodes, and few episodes of 3rd wheel, a few episodes of TR and Team whoever, with the rest being filler.
>>
File: 1245646.gif (464KB, 500x338px) Image search: [Google]
1245646.gif
464KB, 500x338px
>>27375621
I'm 22, stopped when may left.

Not because of May, I didn't actually liked her back then but now I love her, it was more because it just didn't felt the same.

It didn't had that sense of adventure for me anymore and that was just way more noticeable when misty left, for whatever reason.
>>
>>27376834

In the beginning, yes. I couldn't get enough and hated waiting for the next episode to come out. But it was when I realized that the show had an obvious pattern to it, I scaled back and decided to watch only major episodes
>>
Stopped about mid-way through DP. Came back on BW and decided I couldn't do this shit anymore.
>>
>>27376771
Contests were a mistake but clearly if BW+2 is of any indication, the writers are probably tired of the whole Pokemon of the day doing crazy shit/involved with in their trainers' shenanigans plots.

I personally wish for no more contest episodes, but that's me.
>>
File: 29c4a836576b2b93ffdcab66b5205e0f.png (898KB, 1116x1500px) Image search: [Google]
29c4a836576b2b93ffdcab66b5205e0f.png
898KB, 1116x1500px
>>27376854

I can't believe how insanely popular she became when ORAS came out
>>
>>27376771
Eh, the contests allowed for something a little more flashy and visually interesting in all honesty as well as a break of the formula they used for what, three arcs previously?

It wasn't until DP that they became an eyesore when they decided to overload it with CG.
>>
File: 1465958859503.jpg (602KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1465958859503.jpg
602KB, 1600x1200px
>>27376907
>>27376854
I meant misty on the first part there, fucked up.

Always liked may but I hate her ORAS design.
>>
>>27376836
I think having to fill episode quotas really hurts the anime. I rather have fewer better episodes. There doesn't even seem to be any episodes that really stand out. Team rocket backstory and releasing pokemon episodes are some of my favorite even if they are as formulaic as the whole series. I think they can make formulaic episodes good.
>>
>>27376895

Well they had to do something considering they weren't going to do an adaptation of the games or manga. Contests had to be added and now they are part of the formula
>>
>>27376920

Oh, well that one took all of us by surprise because we had been with Misty for so long and it seemed like things would never change
>>
>>27375621
can confirm, dropped when Misty left.
fuck you, Ash
>>
>Gens 1, 2, and 4 had Brock harassing women for dates all the time
>Gen 6 has Bonnie harassing women to marry her brother all the time
What did Gens 3 and 5 have?
>>
>>27377022
3 Still had Brock
5 had nothing.
>>
>>27377022
>>27377034
>5 is the only one that didn't have someone harassing women.
Huh.
>>
>>27377022

Gen3 had Brock doing what Brock does best

Gen5 had a generic 3rd wheel who was pretty decent at battle and that is all
>>
>>27376895
If you ever make the mistake of going into the anime thread you find that many people actually like contest. I think they could be made to work if they had an interesting story arc instead of X pokemon struggles at contests or the trainer getting over some arbitrary mental block. That is the thing about contests, who wins is determined randomly. You know who wins a battle and while you can yell bullshit at least you know why it's bullshit. With contest it's all arbitrary so the only hope is a good storyline.
>>
>>27377022
Rotom-Dex is gonna be the womanizer.
>>
Would you still be watching the anime if Misty were still around?
>>
>>27377114
Probably not, her shtick was pretty dull in the Kanto series.
>>
>>27376919
Contests are sometimes just literal fireworks.

I agree with the theory that contests are just a pet project for the people working on the anime. That is how they show off all their 3d tech and other visual goodies.
>>
>>27376771
What the hell? The old anime definitely did not have "more battles"

Kanto was more about the adventure and battles were extremely brief and the Gyms were mostly glossed over. Johto had a bit more battling but still mostly fillers with Ash helping kids with their problems.

The show started to shift more toward battling in AG and then DP and XY focus heavily on battles.
>>
>>27377108

I wish, I bet he would have the voice of an perverted old japanese man. The US version will have just a plain dex
>>
>>27377143

I hated those two part gym episodes where he would get a redo
>>
>>27377114
I'd love to see them pull a Naruto and add a "whaf if" adventure of the original crew for old time's sake. Kind of like Mastermind, except good.
>>
I miss the old anime
>>
>>27377053
That faggot was so unmemorable I can't even remember his name.
>>
File: 1453727426682.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1453727426682.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>27376771
fuck it, i'll take the bait
>>
Pokemon would be much better if they still used Ash's original VA
>>
>>27377997

Would have, but greed won out in the end and now you guys are stuck with the voices they give you, unless you watch the japanese version then you are good
>>
File: busty.png (553KB, 767x434px) Image search: [Google]
busty.png
553KB, 767x434px
>>27377589
Same
>>
>>27377903
What happened to Greninja?
Looks fucking awful
>>
>>27377143
This. When Ash did fight the gym leaders it was only for a few seconds before either getting his ass kicked or something interrupting it (team rocket or a "disaster"). 90% of his badges won were for being a good kid, not actually winning
>>
>>27378070
According to Meowth's original VA they stayed sad and bitter about not being hired back to reprise their roles for a good long while and many of them would have loved to return. So sad.
>>
>>27377997
>Tfw you now remember Meowths voice actor was a hermaphrodite tranny that died years ago
>>
>>27378425
(You)'d the wrong post? Also, Maddie was a decent person. IIRC she has an old time capsule thread on Serebii where she answered questions of fans.
>>
>>27375621
I left somewhere during johto, it just got boring.
Going back, I've watched a bit here and there, and even trying to seperate myself from the nostalgia, Kanto and the orange islands were just better to me. After that, it just got too repetitive, and it was less funny.
>>
>>27375621
the May episodes where just OK, the Dawn ones where meh, but the ones after that where just pure shit. Misty is allways gonna be the fav, her episodes where good tho
>>
>>27375621
I stopped watching after BW and I have absolutely no intention of going back.

XY could have movie-tier animation the entire way through and it still wouldn't change the fact that Ash is a shitty, boring main character with no personality at all.
>>
The only reason I stopped watching the show was because I moved and didn't get WB, for some reason. Still follow the show's summaries, though.

Occasionally catch the sub if it's good. The current dub is as low-budget as can be next to some of the cheap LA studios like Bang Zoom Entertainment.

>>27378425
Better than the current VA, who is a bitter old man with a chip on his shoulder because he's the least liked English Meowth VA.
>>
>>27375673
>Ash
>badass
>>
I'm rewatching it now and I just finished the first Advanced season. To be honest, Johto League Champions and Master Quest were the best out of the ones I've seen, while the worst was Johto Journeys.
Hoenn is great and so is May, but I miss Misty.
>>
>>27376729
I was 95 and a younger brother of someone born in 89. I would say that I'm definitely a 90s kids because of his influence
>>
Mostly the same for me. Nostalgia isn't a factor after gen 3, I either like the games or don't. Although I jave been playing since 98, the buzz for gen 3 with Morrison and his Blaizken was the real hype for me as a kid. FRLG was insane though, so many if us lost our shit at the thought of GBA Kanto.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.