[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unpopular opinions thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: Lake_guardians_DP.png (231KB, 1000x755px) Image search: [Google]
Lake_guardians_DP.png
231KB, 1000x755px
Unpopular opinions thread.

Remember that opinions that are unpopular on /vp/ may be the norm everywhere else, and vice versa.

I'll start:

>Lake guardians are the best minor legendary trio (Kanto dogs, Johto Bests, Regis, Genies)
>Following Pokemon are overrated and I don't care to see them return
>The Battle Frontier wasn't anything special and I couldn't care less at it not returning in ORAS
>The Pokemon with the worst fanbases are those who love NFEs and constantly bitch about their evolution ruining them; Dragonair and Dewott are the biggest offenders, along with Sliggoo
>Samurott is not a bad design, biped or not
>Platinum is the best Pokemon game and gen 4 is the best generation in terms of designs
>Gold/Silver are the worst Pokemon games and gen 2 is the worst generation in terms of designs
>Similarly, gen 2 starters are boring and "just get bigger", have the worst designs, and have a godawful defense force that spergs out whenever you insult their precious Feraligatr/Typhlosion
>People who refer to mons like Crobat, Arcanine, Heracross as their "bros" are faggots; nothing wrong with the mons theselves
>UU is the worst tier
>Smogon does its best to balance 6v6 singles and does not deserve the bad rap it has in most Pokemon communities; most Smogon critics do not understand how it works
>Garchomp is leagues better than Flygon design-wise (everyone knows it curbstomps Flygon when it comes to viability)
>>
>>27375362
>lake guardians are best
gay

>following pokemon are overrated
I don't think theyre that amazing but I do wish they would return

>battle frontier wasn't anything special
you're fucked m8

>samurott is not a bad design
agreed

>Platinum is the best pokemon game and gen 4 is best
I'm done
>>
File: 250px-Mimikyu.png (34KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Mimikyu.png
34KB, 250x250px
>>27375362
I hate pic related.
>>
>>27375426
Now you've never seen the true form of it, so you can't jump to conclusions.
>>
File: 06IiCP3.png (144KB, 519x640px) Image search: [Google]
06IiCP3.png
144KB, 519x640px
Pokemon GO does more good than harm.
IVs are a good thing and I'm glad the bottlecap system is in place now - it's a good compromise.
Sinnoh is my favourite region.
A lot of Gen IV evolutions are better than people given them credit for.
Object pokemon are absolutely fine as long as they're creative/interesting.
There's nothing wrong with people who like Gen 1 and nothing afterwards. They just grew out of it. Don't force them to like stuff.
Showderp is trash and very rarely does it come up with anything truly creative.
Most poketubers suck but there's quite a few that lean towards "good" (although they're all pretty arrogant).
Competitive pokemon is a joke but that doesn't stop it from being fun.
>>
>>27375560
I still hate it.
>>
>Meganium is the best looking Gen 2 starter while Typhlosion is okay and Feraligatr looks horrible (a shame since Totodile is one of the cutest mons)
>Gen 3 has the ugliest fully evolved starters
>I like most object pokémon
>I dislike crazy looking gyms that seem extremely dangerous
>Gen 5 is filled with great designs but it has the ugliest legendaries so far
>Complaining about Smogon is retarded and pointless
>>
File: 1464901018413.png (520KB, 900x1260px) Image search: [Google]
1464901018413.png
520KB, 900x1260px
I like all four_ of them.
>>
>>27375362
I love Samurott, it's my favourite Pokémon; so I'm glad that there's others that realize that it's great too.
>>
>>27375362
Vaporeon is the worst eeveelution
>>
>>27375751
I know this is an unpopular opinions thread, but come on, how do you hate Feraligatr? I like all three Johto starters, and while Typhlosion used to be my favourite (gen 6 really fucked him), Feraligatr is great and the best from gen 2.
>>
I agree with you about the lake trio OP. Cute and mystical, plus it felt badass when Rowan's Angels split up to capture them.

Azelf is the best one, by the way. Mesprite a shit, because it was hard to catch.
>>
>>27375560
I bet its true form looks like orko
>>
>Never got the appeal of Eeveelutions and none of them are aesthetically pleasing
>Similarly to OP Gen IV is the best
>Gen V didn't have as good plot and substance and people claim
>N was boring and a creepy manchild
>Red isn't that great and there's not really much to him other than peoples biased nostalgia. His first design being plain can be excused, but his second makes him more generic and flat
>Waifu threads are trash
>Mimikyu's dark horse status is confusing. It's not that appealing, it's kind of boring
>Greninja isn't that bad
>>
>>27376174
>Gen V didn't have as good plot and substance and people claim
>N was boring and a creepy manchild
You, good sir, are my hero.
>>
File: 1460135111038.png (370KB, 1417x596px) Image search: [Google]
1460135111038.png
370KB, 1417x596px
Getting some light shipping in XY was a nice touch and should be expanded on
>>
>In reference to the dark type
When it was first introduced, I never understood why some gen I pokemon weren't given a dark type. They could've easily made the ratatat line pure dark, make persian normal/dark and even make arbok poison/dark
Those are all pokemon used by team rocket and would add some dark types to gen I
>in regards to gender differences
I mostly hate gender differences, I don't want my herracross to have a shovel head or my pikachu to have a wedged tail
But what mostly annoys me is nidoran male and female. I feel like once they introduced genders in gen II they should've just merged them into one pokemon. it would actually make for an intresting gender mechanic. I know this would cause some issues with the numbers in the dex but they could've just added baby khankasghan into the dex to keep it stable. It is technically the first baby pokemon and doesn't make sense breeding a khangaskahn with a baby in its pouch
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.